ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting things can be taken so differently- I heard the 'where' as well, but the previous statements felt like they didn't have a person so it was a general 'where'. I at first focused on 'individual' and thought he was alluding to the fact he knew 1 person committed these crimes, but no idea where they might be. JMO as I like to consider all angles.
I'm absolutely sure they know a lot more. There are for example high quality traffic cams all around Moscow and the killer must have been a genius missing them all. We know there is footage of a car that driving by Taylor Ave at 03:00, but also those images aren't published. They rather stick with those stock images so far. Don't know why they do that, but they must have a good reason.

I had hopes for the article below to be both informative and helpful in IDing the murderer in the real world. I've always thought the guy (younger white male) was local and at least semi-familiar with the house. And he's odd but not frothing at the mouth and claiming to be God, although when he's working in the dark he may think he's God-like. I think he has ties to the community or the university and that he's still there. Watching the pain of the community is too entertaining right now, and I don't think fear will drive him away because he may not see staying as dangerous. And I wonder if he's suddenly had what seems to be a personality change... is he more confident, more fearless acting, making remarks that are off-putting or brazenly challenging people he disagrees with. I truly wish this reporter had dug deeper. All my conjecture (an opinion formed on the basis of incomplete information). Idaho murders: Signs a person is harboring an awful secret

Maybe they are using stock images of the car because the one they do have on video shows the person driving or maybe two people in the car, or only shows the passenger. They might not want to give away that info to the public. Yet. Moo

I have been thinking about this thought for a long while without voicing it.

What if there are a series of "clues" right before the investigators eyes, but they are looking at the surface of the crime scene narrative given and missed the real meaning of the "clues" that are in plain site? They were not really seeing what was truly in front of them. Because the killer staged it that way, he wanted to ensure the investigators really have to work harder to snare the killer. Capture him by thinking in his own mind working.
Then the "clues" will be glaring.

The over 4.000 photos taken at the crime scene, I am sure that among the ones assigned to the task of reviewing those photos, someone will unravel the mind of the killer by those photographic clues that were missed when investigators were physically at the scene the moment it was discovered by them.

The scenario, my thoughts only, my opinion only.

A few ideas…I know it’s too long.

1-I think that the murderer lives within sight of the house and knows the interior of the house very well.

2- Since the day after the murders is Sunday, I think that he was working at a job having a standart off-day as Sunday and that's why he chose Saturday night.

3- I think he is a smart person and has calculated the escape plan after the murder, determined the places where he would get rid of his clothes and the murder weapon, and the car he used avoiding the cameras while managing this.

4-I think he escaped from the back of the house and got into his stolen parked car(white Hyundai imo) , then got rid of the car without being caught on camera and returned to his house by public transportation the next day. Or maybe before the murders he took his own car to the place where he switched the cars.

5- I believe that the cameras in the public transportation and the entrance and exit camera records of the neighbors houses and cars of Saturday and Sunday were checked .

6- My guess is he knew the people in the house from the neighborhood, he had been in the house before, he was pissed off due to the noise and loud parties, and he had serious psychological problems and had taken drugs before the murders. In his sick mindset, he targeted the house and its occupants .. The LE statement ‘’ targeting the house ’’ supports this view , in my opinion .

7-I think he started with K and M then E and X. I don’t think he would take the risk of waking up both above and below residents by starting from the middle floor.

8-In my opinion, people who live nearby and have a record of car theft and use heavy prescription psychological drugs should also be on the radar.

#2...This eliminates all priests and ministers because they work on Sunday.

after reading and thinking and trying to make sense of it all, i can't imagine that someone went in to kill one person (or even two) and then stealthily stabbed 4 people without a trace or a sound. that just doesn't make sense. it would be more sensible to find a time to go when even is out or almost any other time. what kind of a person would/could do that? it would have to be someone familiar with the layout of the house and the habits of the girls, even if they may be probably pretty obvious.

i wonder if it wasn't someone from the area, who went there a time or two with friends to a party and something was triggered. there were so many people in and out of the place, it seems likely. i imagine it would have to be someone very agile with a knife, a hunter- but a serious one. surely they know guns too, in that area, but i feel like killing 4 people with a knife is notch on their belt or whatever it is that is said. i believe that takes precaution and planning, skill and resentment? rage? imho

EXCLUSIVE: An unidentified man retrieved Idaho murder victim Kaylee Goncalves' Range Rover on Thursday afternoon from a Moscow city storage lot.

"She just bought a brand-new vehicle for herself, her first vehicle," Kaylee's mother Kristi Goncalves told Fox News' Lawrence Jones last month. "She went home Friday to literally go show off her new vehicle. She was like, ‘Maddie has to see my new ride. Like, she has to see this.’ And she was talking to Maddie the whole time going back and forth between the car she was buying."

[...]

"She was a hard worker, always having a full time job on top of her studies even in high school," according to her obituary. "Kaylee loved the nicer things in life and took a lot of pride in buying those things for herself."

Idaho murders: Footsteps can be heard on 'every floor,' former tenant says

A former tenant of the home where four University of Idaho students were knifed to death told Fox News Digital that every footstep can be heard in the "creaky, old" home.

"It's a very creaky, old house," said Cole Alteneder, who graduated in 2022 and lived at 1122 King Road his junior year. "You can hear the footsteps on every floor."

[...]

"The person who lived below me always said he could hear me walking around," recalled Alteneder. "I had a desk and a rolling chair, and he could hear that roll around."

The home also had poor insulation and the "ventilation system was really weird, so you could hear everybody talking throughout the house," he said.

[...]

A former first-floor tenant previously told Fox News Digital that he could barely hear activity on the second and third floors due to the unusual layout of the house, which is built on the slope of a hill.

I'm absolutely sure they know a lot more. There are for example high quality traffic cams all around Moscow and the killer must have been a genius missing them all. We know there is footage of a car that driving by Taylor Ave at 03:00, but also those images aren't published. They rather stick with those stock images so far. Don't know why they do that, but they must have a good reason.

What do you mean by "high quality" traffic cams? The traffic management cams are not streaming (or so I thought). Do they have red light cams? Because those are only triggered by the infraction.

Idaho is really strict about what cameras can do when owned by the public. There is no police surveillance using streamed camera video, to my knowledge.

The pictures from Taylor were said to be from neighbors' security cams, no? I don't classify private security cameras as "high quality traffic cams" and have yet to see any traffic cam footage from Moscow, at all.

So - how do we know such cameras exist? Most highway cameras take still pictures at intervals for traffic and weather monitoring, with only a fraction of cars being caught and no preservation of images past a certain amount of time (often as brief as an hour).

If there were high quality cameras all around Moscow, I think we'd be seeing a very different sort of LE investigation and less asking for public help in trying to find video of a particular car.

The reason they're using stock images is that the CCTV videos (including the ones from the gas station) are quite low quality.

As someone who works for a large, successful, high volume USED dealership the last 6 years and knows Hyundai Elantras better than the average human being (I am not bragging, trust me) - I would be happy to help explain to you why the reasoning is considered more than reasonable.

If you are releasing information to the general public, regarding 3 different years that the Hyundai Elantra could possibly be AND asking for their help - it screamed to me that even LE doesn’t know what they are looking at. If they are confident it’s a Hyundai, great. Calling it an Elantra ranging several years - crap confidence level.

How would people help LE by looking at a white Elantra and thinking “that’s got to be a 2011-2013.” Or “let me ask this random guy who could possibly be a murderer what year his car is and see if I got a winner!”

THE ONLY WAY THE GENERAL PUBLIC COULD POSSIBLY HELP IDENTIFY THE VEHICLE YEAR IS BY RUNNING UP TO THE CAR PHYSICALLY AND SCANNING THE VIN ON THE WINDSHIELD.

This vehicle image that is circulating doesn’t show a sharp image of it being a Hyundai does it? Let’s give LE benefit of the doubt quick because I’m not trying to NOT trust them or say to not trust them. Let’s say it’s a Hyundai for sure (I can list atleast 3 other manufacture names, models and trims that I thought of while looking at the image of the vehicle for what it’s worth) . Go look up a 2019 Hyundai ioniq. It’s just so vague and dangerous to have ranging years when lots of people will assume the year of an Elantra and think it’s a 2011-2013 because they don’t know cars well enough. It’s irresponsible.
I'll let people be the judge as to differences here
2013 Elantra
https://www.gravityautossandysprings.com/galleria_images/4395/4395_main_l.jpg

2019 Ioniq>>
https://file.kelleybluebookimages.com/kbb/base/evox/CP/13067/2019-Hyundai-Ioniq%20Hybrid-
front_13067_032_1834x794_WAW_cropped.png

I have been thinking about this thought for a long while without voicing it.

What if there are a series of "clues" right before the investigators eyes, but they are looking at the surface of the crime scene narrative given and missed the real meaning of the "clues" that are in plain site? They were not really seeing what was truly in front of them. Because the killer staged it that way, he wanted to ensure the investigators really have to work harder to snare the killer. Capture him by thinking in his own mind working.
Then the "clues" will be glaring.

The over 4.000 photos taken at the crime scene, I am sure that among the ones assigned to the task of reviewing those photos, someone will unravel the mind of the killer by those photographic clues that were missed when investigators were physically at the scene the moment it was discovered by them.

The scenario, my thoughts only, my opinion only.
Agreed. No one is so good they don't leave any clues, but LE needs to see it like the killer did. Most of us are unable to move from our own beliefs, standards, habits, rituals to see clearly from another perspective. IMO

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

Just a couple of thoughts that I'd like to share. First of all, if any specific person was targeted the surely there must have been "better" (i.e. safer from the perps point of view) opportunities to attack that person when he or she is separated from friends or other people who may fight back. If it was a planned attack then why "plan" on going into a house full of people? Surely there are way better plans than that. Next, in my opinion there is no way (considering the staircase, movable stuff and dog running around) that the perp didn't use any sort of light amplification hardware. Surely at 3-4 AM the inside of the house would be pitch black and hard to navigate even if the perp was familiar with the layout, things get moved, young people ofter rearrange space around them. Finally, if it there was any sort of planning going into this attack and the perp was absolutely decided on using a knife then, again, surely he'd realize that it's hard to subdue two people fighting for life with just a bladed weapon. Back in the old days Zodiac, who definitely planned a lot, and was also boind on using a knife during one of his attacks, knew that it's safer to simply approach victims openly with a firearm, order to lay face down, tie them and only then attack with a knife knowing that they're immobilized. After all, what guarantee did King Street perp had that *all* of the house occupants are asleep and/or heavily inebriated. So potentially one loud scream and he'd have 6 people awake and fighting for life (or, more likely) running away. Only an idiot wouldn't have a firearm as a backup for "crowd control" in such situation.

So, while this doesn't seem to me like a work of a psychopath high on drugs (he had to be silent to a degree, didn't leave the weapon on site, wasn't spotted in bloodied clothes etc.) there also doesn't seem to be an evil mastermind behind it (using knife instead of gun, selected extremely risky venue).

And finally, I don't think the victims were completely unaware that some sort of attack may take place. I seems to me that multiple attempts to contact ex that night by one (or even both) of the girls would indicate they were trying to reach out for help. So this makes going into this house woth jist a knife, no matter how large, even more risky. Just the fact that the lighs are switched off doesn't always mean that everyone's soundly asleep instead of just laying awake with a handgun, taser or can of pepper spray close by...

Sorry for a lenghty post, all of the above IMHO.

Ok.IMO this indicates the LE has someone in mind, but really don’t know where the person is. Take this at face value. I think they know who did it, but can’t locate.
If that were true, wouldn’t LE normally just put up the perp’s picture and ask the public to help locate this “POE”? Why keep it a secret? If they have DNA evidence that doesn’t have a hit, it wouldn’t matter if they got the perp alive or dead, they’d still know they had their guy.

$500 for each, decent place, with parking, within walking distance to campus. That is a STEAL!!!
Am I correct in that all 4 victims were members of sororities or a frat? Do they also have to pay for rooms at the Greek houses? Or can they still be members and have own residence? Is having own residence cheaper? I would assume parties, sleepovers, etc. are more discretionary in a private residence. One could think that the respective sororities and frats are additional lenses for LE to pierce in investigation.

Thanks for sharing this! For me, it’s a real treat to read/listen to those who know my community firsthand.
Absolutely! I enjoyed reading this article and have enjoyed reading your comments as a Moscow resident. I am from a small college town and it's always interesting to hear from people who know the area well.

Regarding motive
The motive of this crime doesn't have to be big — this crime was so heinous there really is no valid motive.

In my mind motive matters a little but it's really about someone who is capable and interested in killing. There are examples of this in the media. Here are a couple in the same fashion (nighttime stabbing while asleep)

Neighbor boy — Motive: Fantasized about killing
Utah teen who stabbed sleeping couple woke up wanting to hurt someone, charges say

Acquaintance — Motive: Rejection
Man who felt slighted stabbed sleeping couple, officials say
Completely agree. What might have seemed a justifiable reason to murder for the killer might never seem so to others, since the killer’s brain is not functioning logically be it because of rage, mental illness, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay7854