ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, that's the car that was seen in the video footage passing a gas station in Moscow ID. It's not 100% certain that the car is the white Elantra that LE is searching for.

JMO
No, the article refers to the camera located on Linda Lane which has the view of Taylor Road in the vicinity of the murder house.

ETA: The gas station sighting occurred nearly an hour later.

"Through our tips, through our leads, some of the evidence that came in, we start to identify patterns," Captain Roger Lanier said in a video interview Thursday. "And like we said earlier, we are confident that the occupant or occupants of that vehicle had information that's critical to this investigation."

BBM. In reference to patterns, perhaps the same vehicle had been caught on the Linda Lane camera (but not identified) on other occasions before the murders but not after?

No, the article refers to the camera located on Linda Lane which has the view of Taylor Road in the vicinity of the murder house.

ETA: The gas station sighting occurred nearly an hour later.
Good point. I'll add a clarification to my post. But do we know for certain whether that is the white Elantra that LE is looking for?

JMO

Last edited:
I'm not sure. While you may well be right, I think it's possible that the killer is in fact in their circle, though possibly in the outer parts of it. Familiarity with the house would have helped a lot with the murders.

JMO
RSBM. Yup this is my thinking too.

IMO, I think the killer is a little bit older than the roommates, but only knows them peripherally. I think they crossed paths that night vicariously and than HE decided to pay them a little visit later on. I get the impression that the killer liked YOUNGER women because he was emotionally immature and didn’t get along with women his own age. I personally think that K and M and even X were uncomfortable in his presence as he was perhaps socially awkward and/or weird
Older most likely and that still doesn't rule out it being a student. IMO. (I'm not saying you were ruling that out fyi) I think many might be thinking it can't be a student because they're thinking sorority/frat age. There's plenty older students around.

This is almost certainly true, IMO. If this killer was an amateur and anywhere in their circle (inner or outer tangents) he would be behind bars. Likewise, LE wouldn't be asking the public's help identifying what is essentially a ghost car at this point. Indeed, if anyone they knew, or anyone they knew knew someone who knew someone who drove that car, he would be behind bars by now.

This cat is a depraved, sadistic ghost, IMO, and BAU being on-scene within hours should tell all of us that. He ain't no friend. He ain't no aggrieved ex. He ain't no frat boy. He's almost certainly someone who stalked them online, picked up where they lived from location sharing (or stalked at work and followed home), and then picked this night because his urge to kill was becoming too much for him to control.

My opinion.
I think this is a very wrong line of thinking. Just because the killer did what he did doesn't mean he is abnormal (or at least doesn't appear to be to the public). Similar cases to this one were mentioned in the thread, but let's focus on the - 2004 Napa murders or Daniel Marsh. Both were individuals who appeared normal on the outside and people couldn't really fathom that they could do something like that. Sure, Marsh had his quirks, but friends nevertheless seemed shocked at what he did. Both were inexperienced and had no prior killings to their name. Both were stabbings (personal and rage filled). Both killers left little to no trace and in the case of Daniel Marsh he basically left virtually no evidence for the police to followt. Marsh at the time was only 15 and while his victims were very old, he was still basically just a kid. And if he wasn't for his bragging and basically confessing (with his friends and girlfriend initially took as a joke) he likely would have never been caught

I fail to see why a 20 year old student wouldn't be able to kill 3 girls. Ethan would be the only one to put up a fight given his large stature, but against a combat knife and being drunk and sleepy, nobody has a chance.

Look at the Delphi killer. People were speculating for years how brazen and experienced he must have been to just escape like that, leave little evidence and be capable of such brutality. Turns out the guy is just your average Joe with a happy family and everything. There's really absolutely nothing that would make you think this guy is a killer.

I don't know the personality of the killer or anything about his personal life, but I do know this with almost a certainty - he likely knew the house, hated the victims personally or what they represented, planned this for some time and knew the area exceptionally well. The area is specifically a huge clue because this guy went in and out without so much as being tracked apart from some ghost car we don't know if its' related or not. And I bothered researching the area - it's literally built like a maze. There's only two roads leading out of the whole area - through Taylor Ave where there are a bunch of cameras or Walenta Dr from which there are only two real "escape routes" from. The rest are dead ends. This speaks volumes as to the knowledge of the killer of the area to me. He either lives there, has lived there or knows the area very well (parties and such).

You also have to take into account that "picking the urge to kill" is highly unlikely given that he either knew when the victims would be home or he stalked the house extensively prior to them going to bed. The reason for that is that certainly this guy didn't just wake up one day and said "hey, i'm just gonna go out to this house and kill at 3:00-5:00 AM in the morning". He specifically waited for these victims, who came home late, to go to sleep. If he wanted to kill for the sake of killing, the roommates downstairs were there earlier.

This sentence in your post jumped out at me - "You simply don't dispatch of four humans using only a KNIFE (one being a 6 ft?? 20 yr old male) "without creating a chaotic "ruckus".....yet this is exactly what occurred", and I strongly agree with your comment that "the odds of these students coming into contact with a killer this proficient seem very remote". Whoever did this didn't just have blind luck on his side - this guy knew exactly what he was doing - what really strikes me is that, in order to even consider committing this crime, and then following through, there must have been an underlying enormous confidence that he could do so. That confidence IMHO was not related to psychopathy or simiar. IMO it was based on previous kill successes - not as a run of the mill murderer - I suspect he has a strong military background - knows he's damned good with the physical skill required, but also, he's a highly skilled strategist, able to competently handle any unforeseen circumstances/collateral damage. IMO this was a professional hit. Someone was prepared to pay a "professional" to eliminate at least one of the victims. I have no idea why. I'm wondering if there is something far more serious than a personal vendetta. going on. Maybe one or more of the victims was trying to "fight the good fight",and someone else was prepared to pay money to sort this issue out. JMO thwe vnei n thissomething ti"e served previous
A professional would likely use a gun with silencer. "Hits" usually are not stabbings. JMHO

I think this is a very wrong line of thinking. Just because the killer did what he did doesn't mean he is abnormal (or at least doesn't appear to be to the public). Similar cases to this one were mentioned in the thread, but let's focus on the - 2004 Napa murders or Daniel Marsh. Both were individuals who appeared normal on the outside and people couldn't really fathom that they could do something like that. Sure, Marsh had his quirks, but friends nevertheless seemed shocked at what he did. Both were inexperienced and had no prior killings to their name. Both were stabbings (personal and rage filled). Both killers left little to no trace and in the case of Daniel Marsh he basically left virtually no evidence for the police to followt. Marsh at the time was only 15 and while his victims were very old, he was still basically just a kid. And if he wasn't for his bragging and basically confessing (with his friends and girlfriend initially took as a joke) he likely would have never been caught

I fail to see why a 20 year old student wouldn't be able to kill 3 girls. Ethan would be the only one to put up a fight given his large stature, but against a combat knife and being drunk and sleepy, nobody has a chance.

Look at the Delphi killer. People were speculating for years how brazen and experienced he must have been to just escape like that, leave little evidence and be capable of such brutality. Turns out the guy is just your average Joe with a happy family and everything. There's really absolutely nothing that would make you think this guy is a killer.

I don't know the personality of the killer or anything about his personal life, but I do know this with almost a certainty - he likely knew the house, hated the victims personally or what they represented, planned this for some time and knew the area exceptionally well. The area is specifically a huge clue because this guy went in and out without so much as being tracked apart from some ghost car we don't know if its' related or not. And I bothered researching the area - it's literally built like a maze. There's only two roads leading out of the whole area - through Taylor Ave where there are a bunch of cameras or Walenta Dr from which there are only two real "escape routes" from. The rest are dead ends. This speaks volumes as to the knowledge of the killer of the area to me. He either lives there, has lived there or knows the area very well (parties and such).

You also have to take into account that "picking the urge to kill" is highly unlikely given that he either knew when the victims would be home or he stalked the house extensively prior to them going to bed. The reason for that is that certainly this guy didn't just wake up one day and said "hey, i'm just gonna go out to this house and kill at 3:00-5:00 AM in the morning". He specifically waited for these victims, who came home late, to go to sleep. If he wanted to kill for the sake of killing, the roommates downstairs were there earlier.
Is it known that EC was "drunk"?

W

Homever this person is, he was pretty brazen, or crazy, to enter a home with so many occupance at home an d a dog. He was risking his one life, if something went south, dog attack, roommates turning on him, roommate could have had a gun or weapon of some time. Yet he still took that chance.
This opens an interesting line of thinking. Possible someone(s) had something(s) on the killer(s) that taking this incredible risk to eliminate these four people made it worth the risk? Does someone have info on (and control over) the killer(s) in some way? I don't know. For some reason, this murder isn't striking me as crazypants psycho deciding to annihilate a house full of people. MOO.

W

Homever this person is, he was pretty brazen, or crazy, to enter a home with so many occupance at home an d a dog. He was risking his one life, if something went south, dog attack, roommates turning on him, roommate could have had a gun or weapon of some time. Yet he still took that chance.
I get the feeling he might like that. Who is that like, Danny Rolling? It's the big reason I think he might be the Juetten killer. That was 3 people in the house, including one man, and also a dog. The dog wasn't injured in that case either.

It's right down the highway from this college town.

I feel like he might like the thrill of a possible fight and having to flee. Maybe a military or a martial arts enthusiast? Kind of a hand-to-hand combat kind of fantasy?

I actually think he might be fairly young (possibly).

All MOO.

If the killer was in the Elantra then they weren't waiting in the house that night, because the Elantra arrived at around 3am.

ETA: The particular sighting and timing have not been confirmed by LE, only by the camera owner in MSM.
How about if the Elantra driver was not the killer, but he was sent to pick up discarded bloody materials, which they did, and then they made the car disappear?

"Maddie Mogen's grieving dad says he is convinced the killer made a mistake at the scene that will lead to their capture, but admits he is surprised he is 'still waiting' for answers."

A couple of posters in the previous thread thought they might have seen blood in the first photo. Although it looks red, the dog is not alerting when walking by it. Alerts by detection dogs are visible to the handler and to people watching ie. they are not subtle. The one photo that caught my eye was the second photo where the handler is pointing behind the house. I couldn't locate video or photos of the dog behind the house so the handler pointing could mean something or nothing. MOO

1672047116328.png
1672047675556.png

There has to be a preceding reason for this. The murder of four people sleeping in their beds didn't happen in a vacuum.

MOO
That reason can be pretty foggy and hard to understand for a normal person. Like, someone hated the victims for who they were - young, attractive, socially active people.

That house has a perfect location for stalking. No street lights around, a slope overgrown with trees and bushes behind it... I can easily imagine someone sitting there, watching these brightly lit windows and people inside, and fantasising. Either about fulfilling his sick fantasies, or about revenge... Or punishment.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members