ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coroner said they were all likely asleep when attacked, and all found in bed. Until or unless I am forced to think differently, I'm just going to go with the idea that they died in their sleep. That works for me.

I know, I know. People gotta sleuth. And I don't sleight people for doing that. And I will sleuth every other aspect of this horror.

But that works for me...
JMO but I just can't believe every one except one (xk) died in their sleep. Just don't know how that's possible if the murders happened in only 2 rooms. Regarding coroner: It is possible her initial statement was just her opinion. Has LE ever corroborated her statement?

Yes to both of these posts, it’s where my thought is with this case right now.

I completely agree with other posters saying that someone capable of such a horrific crime is always a danger to the community regardless of whether it was a ‘targeted’ attack, however I do also see it being possible it is a one and done type crime and possibly that’s why LE isn’t as concerned about further attacks.
This is either a *continuation* of a pattern ( ie, recent Washinton and Oregon incidents with very similar circumstances) OR>>> it presages a new pattern. The brutal *overkill* aspect in this case just doesn't seem to bode well for a *one and done*. MOO.

Last edited:
Why are we all talking about mass murders? It's Christmas!
This photo from M's dad just brings it all home for me. :(

View attachment 389981

Man, that one really hurts...

These four victims are everyones' sisters, brother, kids, grandkids, friends, etc. now.

We can't truly rest till the evil coward who did this is brought to justice.

Frankly, wish I worked for the FBI right now and was part of the hunt for the coward...

I am still sticking with the theory the person who committed these crimes came across one or all 3 of these woman online through the victims numerous social media posting ,pics and video clips .In my opinion this person became obessesed with 1 or all of the girls in either a romantic or sadistic way. They more then likely have no criminal record meaning any dna/fingerprints collected of suspect are not in LE databases. This could go unsolved for years just like delphi murders. More then likely Person will get caught either by relative/friend orneighbour tip and not due to anything any online detective "uncovered".(sorry webslueths)

If he went there, did not have much interaction with them that night other than stabbing them, in my opinion this was likely an act of grievance. I would be looking hard at employees that worked at the college in service, landscaping or cleaning roles or similar roles at area businesses. Someone that is annoyed by the soriority or fraternity types that in his eyes have a sense of entitlement. Maybe one of them even slighted him in some way. Maybe he wanted to show these kids that they are not as entitled as they think they are. I am speculating that during the crime, it is possible his rage was further fueled during the act by the act itself.

I concur with most of this. My gut tells me this is a very proficient killer... victims in their beds notwithstanding. You simply don't dispatch of four humans using only a KNIFE (one being a 6ft?? 20 yr old male) without creating a chaotic *ruckus*......yet this is exactly what occurred. I don't subscribe to the notion that this was a personal vendetta with one or more of the victims...the odds of these students coming into contact with a killer this proficient seem very remote to me. More likely they were *targeted* to fulfill the killer's urge. I'm certain the FBI is taking a very close look at the previous incidents in Oregon and Washington over the last 2 years. MOO.

This is almost certainly true, IMO. If this killer was an amateur and anywhere in their circle (inner or outer tangents) he would be behind bars. Likewise, LE wouldn't be asking the public's help identifying what is essentially a ghost car at this point. Indeed, if anyone they knew, or anyone they knew knew someone who knew someone who drove that car, he would be behind bars by now.

This cat is a depraved, sadistic ghost, IMO, and BAU being on-scene within hours should tell all of us that. He ain't no friend. He ain't no aggrieved ex. He ain't no frat boy. He's almost certainly someone who stalked them online, picked up where they lived from location sharing (or stalked at work and followed home), and then picked this night because his urge to kill was becoming too much for him to control.

My opinion.

This is almost certainly true, IMO. If this killer was an amateur and anywhere in their circle (inner or outer tangents) he would be behind bars. Likewise, LE wouldn't be asking the public's help identifying what is essentially a ghost car at this point. Indeed, if anyone they knew, or anyone they knew knew someone who knew someone who drove that car, he would be behind bars by now.
Snipped for brevity....
Well said.

Finding Way Around in House in DARK? Aiming Attacks? Exiting the Home?
Someone asked (Sorry, forgot who, but anyway) how could a perp find his way around in the house in the dark.

STILL HAD LOW LIGHTS?
Even after residents had turned off overhead fixtures, table lamps at bedtime, some lights may have been on inside. Some ppl pointed out: MSM pix show LE in house w "fairy lights" aka LED "rope lights" which could have provided sufficient light for perp to move from one room to another. And there may have been little, plug-in nightlights in halls, stairs, bedrooms, anywhere. PC monitors & other electronic devices (like charging stations) w LED status lights which gave perp him light. Was the “GOOD VIBES” wall sign on? I doubt the whole house was pitch black, but even if no lights at all were on--->

HEADLAMP HELPS
Ppl in previous threads mentioned perp may have worn a HEADLAMP,* the kind w light on forehead,w elastic strap around head. Many headlamps have white light, red-light, and strobe settings.
Headlamp allows perp's HANDS FREE to attack victims.
Second, headlamp allows perp to determine TARGET specific spots for stabbing victims (Ugh), better than aiming in dark.

RED-LIGHT** SETTING HELPS MORE
1. When he exits house, red-light setting allows him to preserve his night vision so he is not "night-blind" like he would be w regular white light setting.
2. If he had planned to attack while victim(s) were sleeping, if one of them wakes up & successfully defends self, vic's ability to describe or identify him is not as good as if perp uses white-light setting.
3. By perp's using red-light setting while entering & leaving house, any witness does not get a good white-light look at him.

Imo a perp w headlamp or flashlight would not have trouble navigating in the house. Jmo moo.

BTW, many people include a headlamp, many w red-light setting, in their EDC (EveryDayCarry, like wallet, phone, keys, comb, make-up, etc). Easy to carry, a headlamp like this; takes up no more room than a deck of playing cards, in a pants or jacket pocket. And nothing nefarious about carrying it. Or perhaps comparable flashlight, likely just a bit bigger than a keychain flashlight.

*Headlamp (outdoor) - Wikipedia
See ex’s & pix at
** Why Does the Military Use Red Flashlights? - 3 Reasons

Why are we all talking about mass murders? It's Christmas!
This photo from M's dad just brings it all home for me. :(
not everyone celebrates Christmas. There are people here from many countries and people here with different backgrounds and different beliefs. So disappointing we're on thread 37 with no arrest. MOO

Last edited:

This cat is a depraved, sadistic ghost, IMO, and BAU being on-scene within hours should tell all of us that. He ain't no friend. He ain't no aggrieved ex. He ain't no frat boy. He's almost certainly someone who stalked them online, picked up where they lived from location sharing (or stalked at work and followed home), and then picked this night because his urge to kill was becoming too much for him to control.

My opinion.
I'm not sure. While you may well be right, I think it's possible that the killer is in fact in their circle, though possibly in the outer parts of it. Familiarity with the house would have helped a lot with the murders.

Even if the killer wasn't close to the victims, he (or she or they) could have become familiar with the house in a number of ways -- by attending parties there, by having been in there before the current batch of roommates, or by doing some sort of work on the house.

JMO

I concur with most of this. My gut tells me this is a very proficient killer... victims in their beds notwithstanding. You simply don't dispatch of four humans using only a KNIFE (one being a 6ft?? 20 yr old male) without creating a chaotic *ruckus*......yet this is exactly what occurred. I don't subscribe to the notion that this was a personal vendetta with one or more of the victims...the odds of these students coming into contact with a killer this proficient seem very remote to me. More likely they were *targeted* to fulfill the killer's urge. I'm certain the FBI is taking a very close look at the previous incidents in Oregon and Washington over the last 2 years. MOO.
IMO I would say that this person is proficient with a knife, but I don’t think he has killed before. Petty criminal record, heavy drinker or recreational drug user and maybe mental illness/personality disorder. Probably has disordered thinking due to drug use. One scary guy who needs to be caught sooner than later.

Nice picture of father and daughter. She looks a lot like her dad.

I would be looking hard at employees that worked at the college in service, landscaping or cleaning roles or similar roles at area businesses. Someone that is annoyed by the soriority or fraternity types that in his eyes have a sense of entitlement. Maybe one of them even slighted him in some way. Maybe he wanted to show these kids that they are not as entitled as they think they are

IMO, this is a possibility. I am open to various reasonable theories because I'm clueless as to who did this.

However, while this theory may prove true, it seems to me that most workers in a college town are actually grateful that there are students around.

If it weren't for the students, entitled or not, they wouldn't be employed as they are now. Anyone MAY look upon the students with scorn, envy or resentment, but those students are the reason that cleaners, landscapers, area businesses et. al. earn a living.

Jmo

What is opinion as to whether the killer was triggered by crossing paths with one or more victims earlier that evening or early morning and he followed them back home , or planned for several days andthey did not cross paths that evening.
IMO, I think the killer is a little bit older than the roommates, but only knows them peripherally. I think they crossed paths that night vicariously and than HE decided to pay them a little visit later on. I get the impression that the killer liked YOUNGER women because he was emotionally immature and didn’t get along with women his own age. I personally think that K and M and even X were uncomfortable in his presence as he was perhaps socially awkward and/or weird

Last edited:
What is opinion as to whether the killer was triggered by crossing paths with one or more victims earlier that evening or early morning and he followed them back home , or planned for several days andthey did not cross paths that evening.
IMO planned. Vehicle (Elantra) has not been found, which to me indicates the person is not a student or local. He could be from anywhere and now gone anywhere. Doesn't seem he stalked or had words with anyone. Would not surprise me if he waited in the house when no one was there. Leaning toward random mass murder, which means be cautious, aware, vigilant with every person you encounter no matter how wonderful they seem.

I'm not sure. While you may well be right, I think it's possible that the killer is in fact in their circle, though possibly in the outer parts of it. Familiarity with the house would have helped a lot with the murders.

Even if the killer wasn't close to the victims, he (or she or they) could have become familiar with the house in a number of ways -- by attending parties there, by having been in there before the current batch of roommates, or by doing some sort of work on the house.

JMO
Or living in the neighborhood, preferably to the side or back of the house moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members