ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for any LE in here:

I assume that if there was a suspect identified and MPD was going to make an arrest that they would send SWAT in to breach the dwelling and make that arrest - is that accurate?

And would they do this at night or day or would is just be as soon as they had the arrest warrant?

>>>>>>>>My initial impression is that it likely wasn't anyone from the bar who leaked the still image from the Corner Club to Fox News. Those recordings were probably seized by law enforcement, and I imagine weren't copied by the owner prior to that. If that's the case, what would be the purpose of law enforcement leaking the still?<<<<<<<

So, in my experience working in PR with the media, here is my opinion: 1) The image was NOT leaked, it was SOLD. An image such as this one has a market value. 2) For Fox News to have obtained it, they likely bought it from someone. If it were in the public domain, every media outlet would have had it. 3) There is no purpose for LE to have leaked the image given how tightly they have controlled most of the information surrounding this case. 4) LE likely downloaded videos from each of the sources (gas station, food truck, bar). That leaves the original in tact on the source's server.
Moo-

Could KG’s sister have gotten it before the police? She got Uber video of girls being dropped off at home from neighbor before LE and she got food truck Video before LE. She had access to her phone and location’s and knew she was at corner club.

If I had to put money on it… I’d say she requested the footage from corner club before LE that first day. I’d assume they would gladly hand it over to her if the police hadn’t contacted them yet… as she was getting info to give to LE to help catch who did this.

Again… I doubt she or her family leaked it.

However…. If they did have this footage via her sisters incredible grief stricken investigative skills….

The lawyer they hired or anyone else working with family on investigation… they very possibly could have released it for multiple reasons.

why?

to put pressure on Moscow PD

possibly even to help JD and JS and A with public speculation given the video shows no one angry or uncomfortable….

Or here’s an idea…

the family got worried the case was losing momentum and the public following and attention it initially had after weeks with no big leads… and knew if the video was leaked it would grab everyone’s attention.

Realign the public’s attention back to catching who did this.

If I’m the parent of a brutally murdered child… and was worried my child’s murder investigation was going cold…. I’d do anything I needed to keep the public’s interest , which in turn could help catch their killer.

Again, all MOO…

But it’s definitely possible.

Last edited:
The house can be bulldozed to the ground, but people will still know where it stood, and anyone who wants to gawk will still do a drive-by, and there will be some of that, regardless of what is there. It is not only the house that will forever have a history now, but the parcel of land that it sits on, as well. I do believe that some significant modifications will be made before the home is occupied again, but I expect renovation will begin as soon as possible after cleanup, and I would think it likely that it will be available to rent again by next fall semester. I would expect to see the sliding glass doors removed, and replaced with secure double French doors, and new double-pane windows installed perhaps, more outside lighting, doorbell cam and/or security service provided. New paint throughout.

And for all of the people who cannot imagine anyone wanting to live there, or anyone wanting to see that house again, the other side of that is that some may take comfort in seeing life return to the house, and returning at least some sense of normalcy to the neighborhood. JMO
I agree. Hopefully a more secure , safe place to live.
When you know better, you do better.

Moo-

I made a post about this week one of the investigation after an hour on Google maps looking at possible escape route with little to surveillance or people.

I followed the roads from house to arboretum continuing down sand road to Washington and very little if any possible surveillance spots. Was sure the killer (if from out of state , specifically Washington or Oregon would take this route.

But when LE released info about the suspect heading/being spotted/investigation leads taking them in opposite direction…

I gave up. But if the person who committed these crimes was from Washington area… sand road would have been the likely path to take without being seen.

IMO even if the person were from Moscow, circuitous route might have been a wise choice to get home imo. After a quadruple murder, driving back to the old homestead via the most direct route to lower your green footprint probably isn't the priority imo so you made a good call with Sand Road, and it's still a possibility imo.

Just spitballing here, but if I were the killer, I'd be looking for a way to put distance between me and the crime scene, and I'd want to lose the car, if I drove, because it isn't mine and I want to disappear back into anonymity. I'd be looking for a way to get home without getting caught. IF the killer took Taylor/Styner, that was a stupid choice jmo but even so, if they took Styner to 8, went to Troy/kendrick, dumped the white car (or returned it to the used car lot where they could have 'borrowed' it for the night- unlikely, but possible imo), and gotten on a bike, they could have had a nice Sunday morning ride into town on the Latah trail, right back to Styner, picked up their own car, headed out to Palouse/Sand, and one on to WA. Still works. I mean we are just spitballing but IMO JMO it's possible.

IMO even if the person were from Moscow, circuitous route might have been a wise choice to get home imo. After a quadruple murder, driving back to the old homestead via the most direct route to lower your green footprint probably isn't the priority imo so you made a good call with Sand Road, and it's still a possibility imo.

Just spitballing here, but if I were the killer, I'd be looking for a way to put distance between me and the crime scene, and I'd want to lose the car, if I drove, because it isn't mine and I want to disappear back into anonymity. I'd be looking for a way to get home without getting caught. IF the killer took Taylor/Styner, that was a stupid choice jmo but even so, if they took Styner to 8, went to Troy/kendrick, dumped the white car (or returned it to the used car lot where they could have 'borrowed' it for the night- unlikely, but possible imo), and gotten on a bike, they could have had a nice Sunday morning ride into town on the Latah trail, right back to Styner, picked up their own car, headed out to Palouse/Sand, and one on to WA. Still works. I mean we are just spitballing but IMO JMO it's possible.
I know those exact roads and I completely agree with all of it.

The house can be bulldozed to the ground, but people will still know where it stood, and anyone who wants to gawk will still do a drive-by, and there will be some of that, regardless of what is there. It is not only the house that will forever have a history now, but the parcel of land that it sits on, as well. I do believe that some significant modifications will be made before the home is occupied again, but I expect renovation will begin as soon as possible after cleanup, and I would think it likely that it will be available to rent again by next fall semester. I would expect to see the sliding glass doors removed, and replaced with secure double French doors, and new double-pane windows installed perhaps, more outside lighting, doorbell cam and/or security service provided. New paint throughout.

And for all of the people who cannot imagine anyone wanting to live there, or anyone wanting to see that house again, the other side of that is that some may take comfort in seeing life return to the house, and returning at least some sense of normalcy to the neighborhood. JMO
It'll probably be the most secure, well lit, fortified, and videoed place in town. MOO

I don't really get it, he has the killer entering on the 1st floor, I doubt that. Also Gray is pretty firm in his theory that EC and XK were killed first, that also is not my theory.

He's got some program that models, accurately, the dimensions of the house, he's been working on it for a long time.

I hadn't noticed before that the stairs are partly above that 1st floor bedroom. Unless someone in that bedroom has learned to tune out noises, it sure seems like they would hear people using those stairs.

Anyway I don't think he entered from the first floor, as I mentioned before I doubt that the first floor girls were part of the plan. Nor were EC and XK for that matter. But that's just how I see it.
I agree. Gray is wrong.

I know those exact roads and I completely agree with all of it.

well, we can't both be wrong then, right :) the whole Troy/Kendrick thing really threw me, too, but that's why I went back to google maps and started again. IF he did do something like that, though, there had to be a benefit to Troy/Kendrick, so what was it? Knows the area well? Safe place to borrow a car? Dump the car? Access to someplace he could hide his clean up gear? Why would he choose to go that direction? IMO it's not because he lives there, so it's something else. But IDK, just looking for reason in something so unfathomable, I guess.

I've spent enough time with those maps that I think I could give area tours, and at that point in November, the killer, if this was planned and if they were roadtripping to do this esp, knew the window was closing because snow (unless he's an elf, he would leave footprints in snow) and limitations on easy ways to get into town/out of town. Just a guess, but I think this guy is probably in decent shape, so he could have biked or done the run back into town, and with planning and preparation, he could have been out of there before the bodies were even found.

You can do all renovations you want, new paint, new doors, etc. But all the paint in the world isn't gonna cover up the history of this house. I agree, they may have a problem finding future students who would want to live in that house. If they sell it, I would worry that some sick individual buys it and turns it into some kind of morbid attraction.

Watching this update from the police chief today gives me hope, he looks relieved as if they know who the killer is, as if this is coming to an end soon, he looks somewhat happier than in past updates

Nothing against you in particular but I've noticed people have been saying this same thing in regards to every update in the past two weeks. That "he looks happy so they'll have an arrest soon." Or some variation of that. Respectfully, I'm beginning to think that maybe he's just a happy guy in general. Or he shows stress and anxiety by smiling? Hides behind a friendly demeanor when he's really frustrated maybe?

Or maybe they'll be an arrest tomorrow. Who knows. One can hope anyway.

well, we can't both be wrong then, right :) the whole Troy/Kendrick thing really threw me, too, but that's why I went back to google maps and started again. IF he did do something like that, though, there had to be a benefit to Troy/Kendrick, so what was it? Knows the area well? Safe place to borrow a car? Dump the car? Access to someplace he could hide his clean up gear? Why would he choose to go that direction? IMO it's not because he lives there, so it's something else. But IDK, just looking for reason in something so unfathomable, I guess.

I've spent enough time with those maps that I think I could give area tours, and at that point in November, the killer, if this was planned and if they were roadtripping to do this esp, knew the window was closing because snow (unless he's an elf, he would leave footprints in snow) and limitations on easy ways to get into town/out of town. Just a guess, but I think this guy is probably in decent shape, so he could have biked or done the run back into town, and with planning and preparation, he could have been out of there before the bodies were even found.

MOO- I believe he had or has a grandparent in that area… that either recently passed away or is in a retirement home.

I think he went there to return the car to where it usually is…. The garage.

I believe the car had no plates on it that night. As to not be as easily traceable.

I believe he could have been raised by this grandmother. Little to no local family besides her.

No one to report car missing. Car stollen etc.

Empty house to clean up after murders and dispose of any and all evidence. Which I assume was burned in a wooded area near Troy. Dumped weapon at actual dump heading out to Troy (not positive but I thought I saw one on Google maps when I took the road from Moscow to Troy.

Once in Troy. Grabs his actual vehicle and heads back to Moscow home or to Washington home via sand road.

Which I’m going to assume is very close to the victims home.

Again. Just my opinion only. Throwing out ideas.

Can't help but point out that MPD Chief Fry lives in Troy.

"Fry lives in Troy with his wife of 25 years, Julie, and has four children."

Can't help but point out that MPD Chief Fry lives in Troy.

"Fry lives in Troy with his wife of 25 years, Julie, and has four children."
Huh. Well, now that's a twist I somehow missed. If Fry lives in Troy or surrounding area, then he's going to know about any cars missing from grandmother's house. I wonder if the killer knew Chief Fry lives there.

Those are very good ones. If that's the case, LE will be able to nail him sooner rather than later imo jmo. that's far more hopeful than my scenario.
MOO-

I really think it would be harmful to dispose of the vehicle in pretty much every scenario at this point.

This is a flagged across the US vehicle. On the front page of all social media and news networks.

Disposing the vehicle would render multiple ways to get caught…. Unless the car was purchased in secret and kept in secret garage from family and friends.

Which is highly doubtful and connects killer to car in both scenarios.

If the car was dumped into a lake or river… he’d have to get a ride home from someone. As in adding a witness… witness friend would likely ask… where is your car?

Witness could tell LE… this person had that type of car but not since they picked him up from river or lake.

Or

Killer could burn car. Potentially literally sending a smoke signal to LE to discover the burned car.

Killer could abandon car… but good spots are high traffic and again you risk being seen… which connects you to the crime.

He could report it stollen… which again… would put police focus on him, / lead police to him.

Just so many scenarios of why borrowing it and returning the car without anyone noticing it’s gone makes the most logical sense as to why they haven’t been able to find the vehicle.

I wish that one of the Law Enforcement agencies would contact this fascinating young man Anthony Schmidt about the exact make, model and year of the vehicle being sought.

First the video from Linda Lane surveillance on top of the rental building, then the vehicle from the gas station surveillance. I am sure he would know if they are in fact the same vehicle or if they are 2 different ones. Either way, he would be able to help.

Anthony is truly amazing my opinion and my opinion only, the car thing has been long and drawn out, many do not think that the vehicle is even an Elantra.
So I say hand over copies of the videos and allow my hero Anthony to perform his special gift of identifying every make and model vehicle known to man. He will do it in lightning speed and at least that way Law Enforcement will know exactly what they are looking for.

My guess is that the video from Linda Lane is the one that they are looking for if the gas station one turns out to be a different vehicle.

From the link in the first sentence there is this;

"But perhaps the most impressive thing about Schmidt’s car trivia is that he was able to help New York detectives solve a criminal investigation!

Apparently, after a crime was committed, footage of the getaway car was captured. The only problem was that the image was too grainy for them to properly identify the make, model, or year. But when they approached Schmidt about the image, he was easily able to tell them all the facts about the car. This ended up resulting in the suspect’s arrest. Well done!"

Any industrial business areas that way? Storage units?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1