ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reposting a link to an extended interview of Ethan's parents.

Ethan's parents said in the interview that they got the call from his siblings WHO WERE THERE IN THE HOUSE.

Could it be that the roommates called Ethan's brother(s)/sister because they really thought he was unconscious?

Could one or more of the siblings be the one who called 911??

What a good interview to watch. It really humanizes Ethan, and I think that's what we all should try to remember.

These were 4 young adults who had their whole ahead of them. They are daughters and son, brother, sisters, cousins, friends and mostly importantly the were innocent victims. I can't imagine the heartbreak of family and loved ones, it's really beyond comprehension.

MOO

#Justice4MKEX

Ethan's parents said in the interview that they got the call from his siblings WHO WERE THERE IN THE HOUSE.

Could it be that the roommates called Ethan's brother(s)/sister because they really thought he was unconscious?

IIRC, Ethan's brother is in Sig Chi as well, and the house is just across the street from the house where the murders happened, so it would be easy for him to sprint over to the house and check on his brother. MOO.

I wonder why they won't at least release a transcript of the 911 call. They could redact the caller's name (if given) and no one would know the person's identity, voice, gender, etc. I think it would answer some questions.
Could be to protect the person(s) from criticism at this time. Lord knows it's already out there about why they called it unconscious instead of dead.

Wow, this case is getting 1000 posts a day. I am prepared for my post to be immediately buried by a hundred random new posts.

Kaylee‘s parents seem to have given insight into why they were calling Jack 10 times late at night. This is all from 11/20 interview.

It seems they dated for a years, but Kaylee was “being a brat” by breaking up with him to take a break. But it sounds like she was begging him to Respond and come over the weekend she was in town.

The implication that he wasn’t responding and she was begging sounds like he was angry at her. Of course, doesn’t mean angry enough to Brutally slaughter a house full of people. But Her “last messages” to him i.e. text messages, maybe preceeded the 10 phone calls.

Also, I think it’s weird that the parents say they were going to get married. And have children. They were broken up college students and Kaylee was moving 1000 miles away to start a new life in Texas. Why was the mom talking about they were going to have children together some day?

From 11/20 interview
Mom - Jack was Kaylee's boyfriend for many years. They just recently broke up. There is no animosity at all. It was a break up on Kaylee's point. It was not... they still talked every single day. Kaylee just thought that she needed a little break. They were on the mends of getting back together. Kaylee talked to Jack the whole time she was here for that week and a half.

Dad
- One of her messages, one of her last messages - she reached out to Jack and said 'Jack, get back to me' and then she goes 'we share a dog together', which they did, she's like 'you need to reach out to me', so..

Mom - 'Please come over'. She was wanting Jack to come over there. Jack is not.. they're wasting their time with Jack and Jack is just as distraught as we are.

Last edited:
There are plausible reasons to believe the body was covered by a blanket, hiding any blood loss that would have been absorbed by mattress/sheets.

That being said, I do not understand the Gen Z of it all. They had to call friends to come over even when they found a roommate unresponsive. If this was NOT a murder investigation and the unresponsive roommate was actually passed out from alcohol poisoning, imagine explaining to their parents that they really wanted a friend to come over first to call because they don't like talking on the phone or "they're scared" of calling 911. Or whatever their reason may have been.

Further, I do NOT understand how this same roommate needed to call friends to come check on a person in her house instead of going to the rest of the rooms in the house for assistance. Police have confirmed several times now the police officers found the other bodies.

Honestly, when you think about it, I'm not shocked they spent a few days staring at the roommates like they knew something. They've cleared them now but good grief they didn't behave in a way you'd expect someone to in an emergency situation.
I have a friend whose son died during college. The night before they had a Super Bowl party. A lot of alcohol and a late night! When the roommate got up in the morning, people were sleeping all over the house. Eventually, everyone woke up and made their way home. It wasn't until hours later the roomie tried to wake up my friend's son. He had died in the middle of the night from alcohol poisoning. The roomie called the friend's parents first. She was livid that he didn't call 911 first to get her son help. She carried a grudge against the roomie for about a year until she finally was able to listen to the 911 call made by the roomie. The roommate was hysterical, crying, choking, and kicking himself for not "waking" him up sooner. It would not have mattered as it was determined the son had passed around 4 am.

There are plausible reasons to believe the body was covered by a blanket, hiding any blood loss that would have been absorbed by mattress/sheets.

That being said, I do not understand the Gen Z of it all. They had to call friends to come over even when they found a roommate unresponsive. If this was NOT a murder investigation and the unresponsive roommate was actually passed out from alcohol poisoning, imagine explaining to their parents that they really wanted a friend to come over first to call because they don't like talking on the phone or "they're scared" of calling 911. Or whatever their reason may have been.

Further, I do NOT understand how this same roommate needed to call friends to come check on a person in her house instead of going to the rest of the rooms in the house for assistance. Police have confirmed several times now the police officers found the other bodies.

Honestly, when you think about it, I'm not shocked they spent a few days staring at the roommates like they knew something. They've cleared them now but good grief they didn't behave in a way you'd expect someone to in an emergency situation.
not to play devil's advocate here, but as a college kid, I've had convos with my friends saying I would rather die than get transported to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. like my parents would murder me and overall getting transported is so embarrassing. If they saw e in the hallway and didn't see blood, assumed it was alc poisoning, the surviving roommates may have called other friends for advice or called e's frat brothers to see if they knew what drugs he took or how much he had to drink. When you're young, you would do anything not to get the police or medical professionals involved, especially when x and e were underage.
Living roommates would want to see what steps they could do to possibly prevent an ambulance from being called.

My opinion only - there’s nothing weird about the roommates all going to separate places that night. I had multiple roommates in college - sometimes we went out together and sometimes we went out with different friends. Even though we were best friends, we weren’t together 24/7.

There’s nothing nefarious about the roommate pictures. The two new roommates have been cleared and are not to be sleuthed, so can we please stop judging them for not having smiles as big and inviting as the others? I’m tired of reading over and over that they don’t look as “happy”. It is irrelevant.

My mind just melted. That would explain the roommates' behavior! And also why police don't want to mention 911 caller. If it's a lookalike sibling...
Mine, too! Even if not a “lookalike” sibling (just recall that Ethan was a triplet). Perhaps, the roommate(s) sees Ethan down and unable to wake up (it’s moo that the surviving roommates did not get close enough to see blood at this point) so she calls Ethan’s sibling to come over before calling 911. Especially, if concern is of a possible overdose and all of the implications that would come with that.

All MOO.

My mind just melted. That would explain the roommates' behavior! And also why police don't want to mention 911 caller. If it's a lookalike sibling...
What I heard the parents say was that their other children called them from the house where the murders were committed to advise them of Ethan’s passing. That doesn’t mean the siblings were the ones that talked to the 911 operator.
The 2 siblings could have arrived sometime afterwards, perhaps as emt/police were just showing up. Then after seeing/learning about Ethan’s passing, called their parents.
MOO

As a mom of two college students thousands of miles away, this is the fuel for insomnia and stuff of nightmares. Yes I noticed there were no curtains on any of the windows that I saw.
Prayers for the families and friends, students, school, and community- to find some kind of peace as we know they will forever be changed
If you look at the news photos you will see that at least some windows had curtains. I'm presuming that you were looking at the Zillow sale/rental photos, which would have shown the house unoccupied and therefore without window treatments.

gv_crime_scene_street_view_01.jpg

My opinion only - there’s nothing weird about the roommates all going to separate places that night. I had multiple roommates in college - sometimes we went out together and sometimes we went out with different friends. Even though we were best friends, we weren’t together 24/7.

There’s nothing nefarious about the roommate pictures. The two new roommates have been cleared and are not to be sleuthed, so can we please stop judging them for not having smiles as big and inviting as the others? I’m tired of reading over and over that they don’t look as “happy”. It is irrelevant.
Agree, roommates doing different things is not the least bit unusual.

Don't blame Gen Z, it was their own individual choice to make that decision.

So many post to get through here, but if the police said that multiple people came to the house and we’re speaking to 911, doesn’t that make people think that the killer had locked the doors to the bedroom before he left? That the girls knocked on the door and didn’t get a response so they called Friend thinking that they had passed out or something? It still makes no sense that you wouldn’t call 911 instead of your friends, but it seems to be the only thing that might make sense. And then, wouldn’t you think there would be bloody foot prints and blood on the door knob etc. leaving from the rooms that they would see?

And if there wasn’t apparent blood, how can that be? Doesn’t that lend itself more to that he had outer clothes that he changed off into something else, changed gloves, maybe showered there, maybe shed PPE or something to not leave a ton of blood leaving the rooms and house? Am I missing something to not understand how the roommates could not have seen blood all over outside those rooms?

When exactly was the dog let out and back inside as far as we know?
Maybe the suspect was lurking and quietly called the dog over to greet it. Perhaps the girls heard something out there or saw the dog go to something/someone and that is why they called 10 times on the phone.

Why would someone totally unfamiliar with a house risk entering where a pit pull or two could be sleeping?
I'm not sure if the sister's statement about letting the dog out is fact, or based on what she knew of their regular routine. And Imo, the dog may have been docile towards strangers if it was used to a lot of people coming and going. The dog may have been taught that everyone is their friend and not to bark or be aggressive. Imo.

Just being speculative, but if the surviving roommates were indeed on the lowest level, and the others were not targeted specifically, then someone watching only from the back may believe only the top 2 floors were occupied at the time. Perhaps even those coming home late from a night out would use the 2nd floor entrance to avoid disturbing anyone on the bottom floor. However, if the bottom floor rooms could have been locked, then breaking into one of those doors might be risky and give one of those occupants time to respond or prepare. Moo.

If it’s true that the surviving roommates just moved in in August, I’m wondering if the killer HAD been at the house before, but it was before they moved in.

However, since it’s been reported that they locked their doors, I honestly believe that’s probably what saved their lives. Or that the killer just didn’t realize there were more rooms down there since he/she most likely went in and out through the second floor.

I’m really starting to think this is someone the victims didn’t know. I think LE would’ve found him/her/them by now If it was someone in their circles or just on the outside of their circles.

I don’t think it was totally random but most likely someone the victims and roommates didn’t know at all

MOO

best post of the day award goes to warwick7 imo. finally something that makes perfect sense, the triplet sibs being in the house and possibly being the 911 caller/s. would explain so much.

so, no ring cameras/video evidence of the skinned dog/lop eared bunny either? hm. c'mon. someone must've seen something at some point in all three of these (horrific) scenarios.

Is this the interview they say E was found on the floor/hall?

So many post to get through here, but if the police said that multiple people came to the house and we’re speaking to 911, doesn’t that make people think that the killer had locked the doors to the bedroom before he left? That the girls knocked on the door and didn’t get a response so they called Friend thinking that they had passed out or something? It still makes no sense that you wouldn’t call 911 instead of your friends, but it seems to be the only thing that might make sense. And then, wouldn’t you think there would be bloody foot prints and blood on the door knob etc. leaving from the rooms that they would see?

And if there wasn’t apparent blood, how can that be? Doesn’t that lend itself more to that he had outer clothes that he changed off into something else, changed gloves, maybe showered there, maybe shed PPE or something to not leave a ton of blood leaving the rooms and house? Am I missing something to not understand how the roommates could not have seen blood all over outside those rooms?
If the scene was messy then I would assume the roommates would see blood, but maybe they were in shock and they couldn’t have time to process what is really happenjng

I cannot honestly say I would go through the house alone to check. I'd certainly call LE immediately, but probably wait for them out of fear of someone still being there, I can understand that, even if I am not proud of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CausticRain