ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had alot if dead rats in my attic and sidewalls. The smell starts out gradually (What's that? Did you take out the trash?).."Well if if it's a rat, we'll eventually know"..

A day or so later...."Yeah it is"...

I rarely hear of strong decomp smells 8 hrs after death..(Decomp is faster in hot weather...)
Take it from me, human decompostion is different. You can Google LE talking about it. It's something you never experienced and then will never forget. You will wish you could.

A Ka-Bar is not a bayonet. The easiest way to tell is that there is no ring to fit it to a rifle muzzle. Ka-Bar is a fighting/utility knife.
True, it has to have the connector for the barrel.
A Ka-Bar is not a bayonet. The easiest way to tell is that there is no ring to fit it to a rifle muzzle. Ka-Bar is a fighting/utility knife.
The M9 looks like a KaBar but is a QualAtec.

I’ll preface this by saying that I don’t think JD could commit an act this heinous. I do have an honest question, though: Why did KG’s sister so adamantly point to the 10 phone calls her sister and MM made to someone named “Jack” only to later—along with her entire family—speak so glowingly of JD? I find that confusing.
IMO

She is/has forced LE hand to answer questions on a couple issues. I don't think she has hurt the case. As her sister I think she's creating as much exposure as possible and doing everything she can to push the case forward. It must be frustrating being a family member in a case like this when you're initially getting no answers from LE but then they start sending mixed messages through media without clarifying. I think LE has been doing a much better job as of late though.

Hi everyone, I've been dormant since the Rittenhouse trial but this case has really caught my attention because it feels straight out of a horror movie. I'm just getting caught up on everyone's comments but I'm finding the new information that the two surviving roommates called other people to come over and then called in the unconscious person call. Was that person maybe unrelated to all this but when police arrived they discovered the other four? In one of the earlier reports it said Ethan was founding on the floor so I wonder if he dealt with the killer face to face?

Just to be clear, some that look like a KA-BAR are bayonet. This is a USMC combat knife which was made to attach to a rifle. When they said KA-BAR, I am still unclear if they really meant the brand or the style.

1669089039935.png

From unfortunate experience, I am surprised as well that the smell of that much blood alone was not detectable. When I think about the time that elapsed before discovery of the bodies, it's hard for me to understand how they didn't smell other things, too. Decomp starts not long after time of death and it's beyond description.
My neighbor had been dead for at least 10 hours when I found her. There was no decomp odor and she kept her house smokin' hot. I also cleaned up afterwards.

Lot of people want to speculate, a lot of people want to come out of retirement to tell us how to do our job. But ultimately we have the best people from this agency, from ISP, from the FBI. So if you want better techniques I don’t know where you’d want to go to except these agencies,” Snell said.

They also acknowledged that information has been slow to reveal itself, but they are releasing what they can while maintaining the integrity of this investigation.

I can’t keep up with the posts, but I wonder if the girls met a guy at the bar and he felt snubbed in some way. Maybe he followed them home or tracked their locations. I see the killer as an angry man who has a lot of issues. Definitely has experience with knives, maybe prior military or a hunter, he killed 4 people back to back, so he knew the power of the knife. The girls were beautiful and seemed very fun loving, I think he was upset that no one gave him a chance. I’m glad they weren’t, but I was surprised they were not sexually assaulted. I am surprised they don’t have footprints and DNA yet, maybe they do and are keeping that on the DL, because of all the blood that they keep mentioning. Praying they find this guy soon, before he can do this again.
You hit on my fear too. That this act is repeated. The police are calling this a targeted attack but they are not saying what or who the target was. I find that unsettling.

The attacks sound like they were likely driven by intense anger but we are in the dark of what is driving that anger.

Is it against women? One of the victims was a male.

Is it against college students?

Youth in general?

Etc, etc, etc...

The police seem to be implying that it was specific to one of the victims. I.E. A personal grudge but we don't know that or even why they think that.

I'm very concerned that the killer may be plotting his/her next attack.

I am also concerned that university politics may be influencing the investigation and how the information is being disseminated.

It bothered me that the dean was involved in the Sunday presser and that he was telling us things that I except to hear from the police not him.

I'm sure I am being overly critical but I find this whole thing very scary and so far the police have instilled a great deal of confidence.

Just to be clear, some that look like a KA-BAR are bayonet. This is a USMC combat knife which was made to attach to a rifle. When they said KA-BAR, I am still unclear if they really meant the brand or the style.

View attachment 381737
They are probably using KaBar because it is a common term. As someone said earlier, the guard would inflict marks on the victim. So, probably any of those styles.

Regarding the value of the house...it's all supply and demand. Housing prices went crazy. If you can charge rent for 5 or 6 bedrooms then that drives the market price. It doesn't necessarily translate into 'quality house'.
Regarding the 'blood' on the outside of the house, I agree, even if true it isn't important to the case. It's got nothing to do with solving the case.
^^bbm

Agree. The subject photo was copyright of Andy Johnstone for the Daily Mail, dated 11/15/22.

Given the date of the deaths on 11/13, the alleged blood spatter on the exterior masonry wall defies the universal properties of drying blood.

IMO, IF this is blood, it most likely originated outside of the residence and has nothing to do with the crime and/or victims. MOO

I’m concerned with all the “no reports” . literally not much to refer to if that’s all there is.
The police were able to slow reporting it seems with their complaints of misinformation being rampant and a reasonably conducted press conference. Not necessarily a bad thing. Big stories now are focusing on FB posts known early on.

Last edited:
<modsnip>
Has Le confirmed that? Home heating oil is also red and part of me wonders if that's actually heating oil leaking from that pipe right there. Then the other part wonders if that is blood but then how would it seep through all the layers of building materials to drip down like that.
That photo is strange to me because yeah, how is poor the connection of the walls to the foundation that blood would seep through. I mean if you pour buckets full of a substance, eventually there might be some evidence, but not in a short time.

This is true, but diving knives also have serrations on them. I must assume they have a guard outline of some kind.
View attachment 381733
View attachment 381732
Yup, that would probably fit their description.

View attachment 381737
There is also this style with knuckle dusters or brass knuckles attached. So it's pretty much a 4 finger brass knuckle grip with a Ka-Bar attached. I don't have a picture to throw up right now but you can easily Google it.

Hi everyone, I've been dormant since the Rittenhouse trial but this case has really caught my attention because it feels straight out of a horror movie. I'm just getting caught up on everyone's comments but I'm finding the new information that the two surviving roommates called other people to come over and then called in the unconscious person call. Was that person maybe unrelated to all this but when police arrived they discovered the other four? In one of the earlier reports it said Ethan was founding on the floor so I wonder if he dealt with the killer face to face?
BBM
MOO is yes.
He has defensive wounds along with Xana. My guess they were asleep in bed, killer came in, they tried to fight him off and Ethan ended up on the floor dead.

Yes but then wouldn't the blood then be leaking on to the 1st floor bedroom.

I don't know why the blood even matters. People got stabbed to death, there was blood. If you want to study how blood splatters, you might be able to speculate/learn something about the crime but blood leaking out of a house does not give us insight into anything that happened that night except maybe what bedroom they could've been in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member