ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO I wonder if Kaylee had a peeping tom who became obsessed with her. It looks like somebody could hide amongst the trees at the back of the house and look directly into her (former) bedroom.
Did somebody watch her for a period of weeks or months, and start constructing an imaginary relationship in their head?
And then she suddenly moves away.
This enraged the stalker and then suddenly she is back in town. He sees her out with her friends laughing and having a good time. He goes to the house and sneaks in while all of the roommates are out, and hides ... waiting.

All just a theory.

There is also this style with knuckle dusters or brass knuckles attached. So it's pretty much a 4 finger brass knuckle grip with a K-bar attached. I don't have a picture to throw up right now but you can easily Google it.
Yes, for a psychopath to do something like this, he will likely choose something vicious.

I've been thinking of what the motive could be? Could very well be some random psychopath but what if it was targeted? And it got me thinking how a lot of girls have onlyfans nowadays - I'm hoping investigators are checking out that angle too? Not saying that they had one but if they did ?
We also know that Kaylee was on a relationship break from her long term boyfriend - could she have had any short term partners since and then decided she wanted to get back to her boyfriend? Could one of these ex partners have felt jealous etc?
This is just pure speculation and theories on my part.
At this point, one week later, I think it is safe to say all options are on the table. My bet is on a random psycho, who might have spotted Kaylee at the bar or anywhere.
<modsnip - sleuthing someone not named as a suspect>
I don't know how many exes she had.
But definitely, IMHO, Kaylee is at the center of this mystery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually, the smell of death comes pretty quickly after someone passes away. I am surprised that that smell was not noticed. Makes me wonder if the friends were already celebrating their Sunday and were not really paying attention. This scene just seems so odd to me. At least one of the onlookers should have been worried when their friend could not be aroused. I mean no disrespect to the victims including those who arrived on this scene.
Wouldn't that much blood have smelled..off?

I was a college student in Baton Rouge when Derrick Todd Lee was active in our community. That period in my life is what led me to develop such an interest in these cases - all the whys and what ifs. I worked in the mall at the time and spent the entirety of the investigation looking at every single customer and thinking "could he be the one?". I was afraid every time I walked to my car in the dark. I called the police once when I had a flat tire at night near DTL's dumping grounds because I was afraid to get out of my car on the interstate, in the dark, alone. Then I called the police again when the officer got there to make sure it was the officer, because we'd heard rumors of DTL pretending to be police to gain access to his victims. While I didn't know any of the victims personally back then, I had several mutual friends with each of the college age victims. That experience has largely contributed to the anxiety I developed as a parent, especially as my kids are now 17 and 18. A college freshman and high school senior. I track them religiously - not to invade their privacy, but just to know they are safe. I wake up every morning and immediately check my college freshman's location to make sure he made it back to his apartment. I trust no one when it comes to random people/acquaintances. I can't begin to imagine the trauma and ptsd that will permanently alter the lives of the siblings, parents, surviving roommates, everyone closely connected to these victims. Every second of every day for the rest of their lives - the way they see and interpret the world around them will be permanently altered and significantly skewed by these events. The wake of this case will be deep and widespread. My heart hurts for everyone involved.

I think he was already in the house lying in wait for his intended target, M. The police confidentially confirmed a targeted attack at the press conference, but pussyfooted around everything else. Perhaps with the target there was overkill or personal items were taken from her. I think X was the last victim and he was getting exhausted, that's how she was able to fight back.

But human decomp doesn't begin for 24 to 72 hours after death. (I googled as you suggested.)
Its not just decomp that occurs when a person dies. They often lose their bowels and bladder ... and the skin becomes mottled. I have been with several people who died with Hospice support. Most times you can pick up on a smell very soon.

Did EC start school in the spring semester of 2022? I’m confused about why he’s considered a freshman when he was seemingly in Moscow last year. Maybe he did classes elsewhere in the area before transferring over? Or worked for a while before classes started? Just trying to figure out how their dating timeline stacks up with his student status.

By his parents and MSM accounts, he started a relationship with XK in late 2021 (which is when he starts showing up in XK’s pics, same time she is living in the house they later share). It’s not that big of a deal on paper, but what might be interesting is whether he had been in the community at-large longer as a resident, maybe living there and working, going to community college or school online, etc. If so, it could have exposed him to a broader group of people, expanding the circle a little bit from the tight knit Greek life group. It’s easy to think of these young people in a bubble because we can see all over social media how they were so interconnected, but I wonder how their lives were different?

Source is from the media thread, but linked here for reference:

I haven’t seen anywhere that the dog was definitively on scene, but if he was, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if he hid during the attack, or was in a kennel for the night to sleep. Living in a college party house, he would have been accustomed to raucous behavior and well socialized to a zillion people coming and going. Most people want to believe their pet will jump into action if the need arises, but they usually don’t.

Hopefully allowed to link this Inside Edition video about pet dogs reacting to intruders:
One of my childhood dogs had PTSD and trauma because of my mom's abusive ex boyfriend. Still many years later if there was ever any screaming or loud noises my dog would run and hide under the bed for an hour. It's so sad that he was so hurt and scared but I still don't know exactly what had happened to him though.

I was responding to your specific reference to human decomp. That's what you referenced.
If you have different points, then that's fine.
You can refer to the other statements made on this thread regarding this subject. This is a subject probably too close/personal for me to be getting into. Sorry.

"At a news conference, Chief Fry said he believed the man that the women called did not have any connection to the crime."

I 100% absolutely do not see this as targeted toward one victim. I see this as a targeted killing to kill. I’ve never seen an ex/stalker go kill anyone but their target, except if by gun and murder/suicide confronting family. This was a house full of kids, stabbing is personal and deliberate and the kids were asleep.

This was different. This was evil.

All scenarios have to be considered which would include late night visits and/or hook ups of any encounter (sexual, drugs or internet), especially with multiple victims. Late night timeline, ranging from 2am until 4am would answer your question. It would be terrible sleuthing not to consider every scenario and limit your scope of investigation. As far as hook ups, a vast majority of young adults, mostly from college populations are engaged in the hookup culture of about 80%. Most hookups happen at parties of about 67%, dormitories with 57%, 10% at bars and club, so any detective would look into any relationships the victims might have engaged in, including that night. Also, statistics tell that less than one percent of all murders are serial murders and serial killing is done at separate locations, so no other killings have been reported, which makes this a unlikely scenario. And, 7.2% of burglaries result in someone being injured, so random burglary is less likely and there was no evidence presented of brake in. Overall, this is how I apply my wisdom and should clearly answer your "what?!". I would classify this as a mass murder (mass stabbing) which is premeditated by a male 18-30 that was using drugs or intoxicated.
I think the equation is "how many random hookups result in the deaths of 4 people".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member