ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know they made many calls to ex boyfriend when they got back. Don’t see them doing that if they were with a “hook up” in the room.
We know they made many calls to ex boyfriend when they got back. Don’t see them doing that if they were with a “hook up” in the room.
A call could be a trigger and set the perp off. Or, one of the girls make a call to her ex boyfriend from 2 phones around 2:45 in a panic because the perp is getting crazy. All things to consider when nothing has been concluded.

This is everything we need to know about the 911 call.

"The 911 call came from the phone of one of the two surviving roommates who were home at the time of the killings, according to a statement from the Moscow Police Department.

Police said the surviving roommates called friends over to the house on Nov. 13 because they believed one of their roommates had passed out. Multiple people spoke with the dispatcher during the 911 call made at 11:58 a.m. to report an unconscious person, according to police."

This is what confuses me. The victims were all violently stabbed in their upper body. It is described as a very bloody crime scene.

So the 911 call seems a bit odd to me. If I saw a person that I would first describe to police, 'looked unconscious' IMO that doesn't fit with a bloody crime scene.

JMO
Forgive me if I have any details wrong, I am trying really hard to catch up!

I admit I skipped the early posts and may have missed it, but I have a couple questions.

We know how the girls got home from the food truck, but how did E and X get there? Did one of them drive? Did someone drive them? How do we know that they didn't have a friend or acquaintance with them? Possibly someone they invited to 'sleep it off' on the couch?

Was E spending the night there unusual? I know they said he wasn't living there, but that could mean anything from 'not on the lease, but here all the time' to 'first time he ever slept over' which could make a big difference as to the perp expected to encounter him.

Ashleigh Banfield had the coroner Cathy Mabbutt on her show on Thursday where the coroner seemed to confirm the substance dripping down the exterior side of the house is blood.

Ashleigh: “Ms. Mabbutt, we showed a picture a moment ago of a wall on the outside of the house. It looked like the foundation on the outside of the house. I’m gonna ask the control room to put that picture up again. This was fairly shocking to see. It’s blood dripping on the outside of the house, almost as though it may be seeping from the inside. Does that sound congruent with the results of the crime scene that you were able to ascertain from your work?”

Mabbutt: “Um, from my observations, yes.”

Ashleigh: “And can you tell me if that means this might have been one of the bedrooms or where the beds were that one of the victims was stabbed, this particular area of the house?”

Mabbutt: “I think that’s pretty likely, yes.”

Ashleigh then asked her if there was anything else she could say about that scene and she said no.

I can only find the podcast link.

Eta: starts around 30 minutes in.

Last edited:
C
Ashleigh Banfield had the coroner Cathy Mabbutt on her show on Thursday where the coroner seemed to confirm the substance dripping down the exterior side of the house is blood.

Ashleigh: “Ms. Mabbutt, we showed a picture a moment ago of a wall on the outside of the house. It looked like the foundation on the outside of the house. I’m gonna ask the control room to put that picture up again. This was fairly shocking to see. It’s blood dripping on the outside of the house, almost as though it may be seeping from the inside. Does that sound congruent with the results of the crime scene that you were able to ascertain from your work?”

Ashleigh: “And can you tell me if that means this might have been one of the bedrooms or where the beds were that one of the victim’s was stabbed, this particular area of the house?”

Ashleigh then asked her if there was anything else she could say about that scene and she said no.

Wow. :(

At this point, one week later, I think it is safe to say all options are on the table. My bet is on a random psycho, who might have spotted Kaylee at the bar or anywhere.
One of her exes was in Boise, so he should probably be excluded.
I don't know how many exes she had.
But definitely, IMHO, Kaylee is at the center of this mystery.
MM BF was in the city stated not KG's ex.

This is what confuses me. The victims were all violently stabbed in their upper body. It is described as a very bloody crime scene.

So the 911 call seems a bit odd to me. If I saw a person that I would first describe to police, 'looked unconscious' IMO that doesn't fit with a bloody crime scene.

JMO
Forgive me if I have any details wrong, I am trying really hard to catch up!
I'm not sure they could see him. My suspicion is that he was in the locked bedroom. I think they may have heard a phone continuously ringing. Or an alarm that wouldnt stop going off. My guess is they banged and banged on the door and no one would answer. They got worried and called his brother/siblings since he lived close close by. That relative called 911.
MOO

There is nothing wrong with a "random hookup". We don't even know if the victims had arranged "hookups". And even if they did, no one expects to meet a psycho killer.
I agree, no one would ever expect to meet a psycho killer and I don not think it is wrong. It just is another scenario

Or if he knows who skinned the dog and that that person could not have committed this crime. (Maybe they’re currently in jail, deceased, etc).
The police said the skinned dog was due to wildlife. Maybe wolves or coyotes. Or a Bobcat.

IMO, The more that comes out, the more it becomes apparent that the killer was in the house already when the 4 arrived home.

Upstairs was bloodier.
Xana had defense wounds.

Those two reports tell me he was really brutal to K and M, and had to take our X and E quickly.

It’s not easy to break into a house with 4 people there, even if they’re drunk. It’s much easier, particularly knowing via social media that they would not be there, to sneak in, hide in a bedroom and wait. Killing people in their sleep is the act of a coward… not someone that would brazenly break into a house with people home.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if his original intent WAS SA, or maybe to just watch them, and then he lost it while watching K and M talk in bed talking about other guys, destroying his potential fantasy in his head.

Is there a closet in Ks bedroom?
What is your source around rhe blood?

I don't believe that it was reported anywhere. It was reported that the upper floors (second and third floors) were bloody:

"Officers at the scene on Tuesday described a bloody crime scene, particularly on the upper floors of the house."

Oh yes! I had forgotten that.
What stands out for me is the use of “particularly” for the upper two floors. That's where the students were killed so it makes sense.
But then, it sounds like maybe he went downstairs? Yikes!

Ashleigh: “And can you tell me if that means this might have been one of the bedrooms or where the beds were that one of the victim’s was stabbed, this particular area of the house?”

This makes me sick. I was hoping it was not blood. These kids deserve justice. I am so mad right now for their families and the lives they deserved.

I'm not sure they could see him. My suspicion is that he was in the locked bedroom. I think they may have heard a phone continuously ringing. Or an alarm that wouldnt stop going off. My guess is they banged and banged on the door and no one would answer. They got worried and called his brother/siblings since he lived close close by. That relative called 911.
MOO
There was a locked bedroom, I totally missed that. Where was that brought up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member