ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the price for Californians. I have no problem believing this about foundation/exterior in a place like Moscow.
Especially a rental house virtually on a college campus that has been ridden hard & put away wet that’s been an iconic party house for decades. IMHO

Has LE made a statement regarding the stains on the outside of the foundation of the house? It seems very unlikely, to me anyway, that blood would seep out in that manner, and seep to the outside of the house like that.
I have a post on the prior page where the coroner appears to confirm it. Nothing from LE specifically that I’m aware of.

the "skinned dog" was done by a human but not related to the murders. The reports of dead animals being left in yards was animal activity. I believe that is in the latest LE update.
The above is incorrect. See linked article.

Detectives are also aware of the report of a skinned dog in Latah County. Moscow Police say this was determined to be wildlife activity and is unrelated to the murders.

Detectives also said there were reports of dead animals being left on a resident’s property, and this was also wildlife activity and unrelated to the incident.

I only started reading about this case tonight so forgive me if I am a little off on the details.

Fours college students arrived back the night of/early morning of Sunday November 13th around 1:45am after being out at various places on Saturday night. Then they must have went to bed because it has been reported they were murdered around 3 or 4 am in the morning while sleeping. A 911 call was not placed until about 8 hours after the murders.

I think about the only thing you can theorize is that it was probably personal in some way. I think it is best to come up with a base theory based on similar crimes that have happened in the past. I remember there was a crime like this on the show Forensic Files. Police caught the killer by matching his unique brand of cigarettes to smoked cigarettes at the crime scene. I think the killer in that case knew he was caught so he turned himself in, if I remember correctly. In that case, one of the females knew the killer but had basically rejected him at a party so he came back to the house and killed a few women in the house. There was also a survivor in the house that was not involved in that old case.

My wild guess theory would be the crime revolves around the girlfriend of the man who was killed in this case. I will add though that you always have to remember that one case is not the same as another case because each one is unique in its own way. But that is where I would start.

There was a comment in this or the previous thread where an individual stated that faculty housing isn’t that far away from the victims’ home.

I hadn’t thought about, nor had I heard anyone theorize about, the killer potentially being part of the UOI faculty.

That would track with the theories of someone who new one (or more) of them, but wasn’t a friend of theirs. They may also have access to the address.

Pure speculation, but I think it’s interesting.

They would’ve tried the other roommates as well, they’re doors must’ve been locked too?
I've been trying to put myself in the surviving roommates position.

Let's say for argument sake the commons area is on the second floor along with Xana's bedroom.

Let's just say, there is a phone constantly ringing inside and or an alarm keeps going off every 10 minutes.

I would be thinking: "For all that is holy would you shut off your alarm?! While you're at it pick up yourd da** phone!"

But let's say this goes on for about 2 hours. You two decide something isn't right. You start banging on the door. Again and again. Maybe even going outside to bang on the window.

There wouldn't be a need to go upstairs and wake up the gals on the 3rd floor. What would they accomplish that you hadn't already tried.

They probably knew his brother lived right across the street. It stands to reason they would call him or run over and get him. I think what they were worried about was alcohol poisoning or something similar.

These roommates aren't thinking murder, they are thinking someone is unconscious.
Let's say the sibling(s) decide 911 should be called and a welfare check done on Xana's room.

Now this is all conjecture on my part. Yes my own personal opinion.

This seems a little too forward to be the killer, but god - what the hell. Must be a scary place to live at the moment and I’m sure everyone is one edge.
Exactly. Over the last few days calls have increased significantly with regard to 'suspicious persons'.

City of Moscow Police Department

https://www.facebook.com/MoscowIDPD...A70hlYxzSSB9FEAWeb78xRaGREPNYfE&__tn__=,O,P-R
·

Moscow Homicide Update
November 21, 2022
MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.
Updated Information:
• Digital Media Tips: The FBI continues to assist Moscow PD and Idaho State Police on the quadruple homicide that occurred in Moscow, ID, on November 13, 2022.
The FBI is accepting tips and digital media at fbi.gov/moscowidaho.
Anyone with information can also call the tip line at (208) 883-7180 or email tipline@ci.moscow.id.us.
• On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.
• Rumor Control: Detectives are aware of a Latah County Sheriff’s Office incident of the report of a skinned dog and have determined it is unrelated to this incident. Contact Latah County Sheriff’s Office for further details.
Detectives are also aware of a Moscow Police incident of the report of deceased animals left on a resident’s property. This was determined to be wildlife activity and unrelated to the incident.

• There will be a News Conference to update the public on the investigation.
Wednesday, November 23, 2022
1:00 p.m.
University of Idaho
Alumni Lounge of the ICCU Arena
900 Stadium Drive, Moscow, Idaho
The conference will be live-streamed on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/bXEo-AM

Pretty safe to think since the updated stated one incident WAS wildlife activity but didn't say the same about the skinned dog that the dog wasn't killed by wildlife but by human

Man I’ve gone through most of thread 1 and couldn’t find anything on it! I’m not a expert at navigating the site yet so I’m not sure how to check the media threads. I wanted to take a look at their Venmo’s since I’m sorta their age and could maybe understand it better.

A
I only started reading about this case tonight so forgive me if I am a little off on the details.

Fours college students arrived back the night of/early morning of Sunday November 13th around 1:45am after being out at various places on Saturday night. Then they must have went to bed because it has been reported they were murdered around 3 or 4 am in the morning while sleeping. A 911 call was not placed until about 8 hours after the murders.

I think about the only thing you can theorize is that it was probably personal in some way. I think it is best to come up with a base theory based on similar crimes that have happened in the past. I remember there was a crime like this on the show Forensic Files. Police caught the killer by matching his unique brand of cigarettes to smoked cigarettes at the crime scene. I think the killer in that case knew he was caught so he turned himself in, if I remember correctly. In that case, one of the females knew the killer but had basically rejected him at a party so he came back to the house and killed a few women in the house. There was also a survivor in the house that was not involved in that old case.

My wild guess theory would be the crime revolves around the girlfriend of the man who was killed in this case. I will add though that you always have to remember that one case is not the same as another case because each one is unique in its own way. But that is where I would start.
An ‘Incel prepper’ would fit into this scenario. Someone involuntarily celibate, with a crush and rageful. And someone who is a ‘prepper’ and has learned a lot of survival skills.

Man I’ve gone through most of thread 1 and couldn’t find anything on it! I’m not a expert at navigating the site yet so I’m not sure how to check the media threads. I wanted to take a look at their Venmo’s since I’m sorta their age and could maybe understand it better.
Media thread for this case.

I think the equation is "how many random hookups result in the deaths of 4 people".
All scenarios have to be considered which would include late night visits and/or hook ups of any encounter (sexual, drugs or internet), especially with multiple victims. Late night timeline, ranging from 2am until 4am would answer your question. It would be terrible sleuthing not to consider every scenario and limit your scope of investigation. As far as hook ups, a vast majority of young adults, mostly from college populations are engaged in the hookup culture of about 80%. Most hookups happen at parties of about 67%, dormitories with 57%, 10% at bars and club, so any detective would look into any relationships the victims might have engaged in, including that night. Also, statistics tell that less than one percent of all murders are serial murders and serial killing is done at separate locations, so no other killings have been reported, which makes this a unlikely scenario. And, 7.2% of burglaries result in someone being injured, so random burglary is less likely and there was no evidence presented of brake in. Overall, this is how I apply my wisdom and should clearly answer your "what?!". I would classify this as a mass murder (mass stabbing) which is premeditated by a male 18-30 that was using drugs or intoxicated.
Worked Cited:

The 911 call must have been extraordinary. The only substantiated facts we have so far are the time it was placed, that one of the surviving renter's phone was used, that when the suspected 'emergency' was discovered other companions were the first call for help and arrived on the scene, the victim was initially described as an 'unconscious' person, and that several (I think that's right) persons spoke to the 911 call line. Apparently the call was chaotic enough that law enforcement was sent to the scene rather than just the EMTs who would have normally (in my personal experience) been dispatched. No wonder it has not yet been released.
Makes me wonder if sometime during that call one of the companions who were called was encouraged enough to investigate further and realized the victim was not merely unconscious. If we knew who those friends were that were called, we also might have a hint at which victim was first seen by the two renters. Do you think things might have been so horrific, as described by some of the first responders, that one of the friends who had been called could have looked in the 3rd floor bedrooms from the backyard apartment parking lot that is now taped off with crime scene tape, saw enough to warrant LE's prompt arrival?
Sorry - so many, many questions!
Or got the ladder, climbed up and looked in.
The ladder being there was weird.

Re: #1,009 (Google Earth coordinates)

Thank you to the posters who commented and the poster who bumped my post for visibility. I haven't been on WS since the new user interface and I'm having a hard time navigating the posts and replying to comments - apologies!

Today 11.21.22 there was media footage of LE extending the crime scene to the parking area behind the house.
- so this area seems key in terms of exit.

For a better visualization of coordinates given in the earlier post, here's a diagram. WS Neptune - Idaho - possible exit path.jpg

Interviews with Kaylee's sister. They were broken into soundbites posted on different days, so, these are the interviews (ones that I could find) combined.

Inside Edition. Posted 5 days ago.

Reporter - I spoke with OG (Kaylee's sister), who described the last night of the students lives.

Sister - My sister's did everything right. They went out in the buddy system, they went out together. They ubered out. They stopped and got food. They ubered home. They let their dog out to go potty and then they locked their house up. They did everything right and this still happened.

Reporter - The family of Kaylee Gonsalves pleaded with students in a statement:

"We urge you to refrain from spreading harmful rumors that aren't based in actuality. Misinformation is unfair to everyone involved."

Sister - We're mad, we're really mad. We know that there is someone who is responsible for this. We know that there's someone who saw something and no ones talking. We're not getting any answers and we're not gonna settle for that.

Inside Edition. Posted 3 days ago.

Reporter - OG isn't waiting for police. She's tracking down her own leads to find her sister, Kaylee's, killer.

Sister - We're not getting any answers, and we're not gonna settle for that.

Reporter - It was OG who found the potentially crucial video of her sister and Madison Mogen at a food truck, just hours before they were murdered. She also tracked down their Uber driver.

Sister - I found neighbour's ring and camera footage, so that I can verify that the Uber driver took her home.

Reporter - She's also raising questions about why her sister called a young man named J multiple times the night she was slain.

Sister - At 2:26 am., Kaylee starts to call J. Kaylee calls J six times, between 2:26-2:44 am.

Inside Edition. Posted 3 days ago.

(Discussing the food truck video).

Sister - Kaylee was aware of her surroundings, maybe a little over aware, which is also why all of this is so confusing to us because Kaylee's not stupid. She's a smart girl, she's a strong girl. She's a mean girl, she's a fighter.

4 News Now. Posted 4 days ago.

Reporter - Kaylee and Madison Mogen were more than friends. They were like family. Young lives cut way too short. Families are still searching for so many unanswered questions to this horrific tragedy.

Sister - Met, you know, in the 5th, 6th grade and that was it. Like, there was just no going back. They always had each other and K, Maddy's mom, has said, you know, she's always said 'you just need one good friend in life', and they were each others, one good friend, for better or for worse, because they had plenty of their fights. Honestly, most of the time, Kaylee's fault.

Reporter - The two were more like sisters, inseparable. Maddie was a bonus child to the Gonsalves family.

Sister - They did everything together and so it's unfortunate that they had to experience this tragedy together. But we are, we are taking a bit of consolation in knowing that they weren't alone, you know. We can't imagine what they went through, but it feels a little bit easier to swallow knowing that they had each other.

Reporter - Families coming to grips with so much loss as unanswered questions loom. Maddie and Kaylee went out to a bar downtown that night, not knowing it would be their last time.

Sister - And to the individual who did this - Your days are numbered. It's not a matter of if, it is a matter of when, and I would put everything in me on that. We have a lot of support from local authorities, from state authorities, from the FBI as well as four families. I'm just one piece of that.

Reporter - We know there are two surviving roommates. OG has tried to contact the two but has not heard from them. OG says she's frustrated with the limited information from police. She feels like there should have been more emphasis on the help from public in the first 48 hours of the investigation. She's asking you to call in anything you may have seen that night.

ABC article.

Kaylee's sister.

"I do truly believe that these girls probably feel so poorly. An absolute. Really traumatized," OG said. "I don't want them to feel that guilt, because I don't think that anything that they would have done could have changed this for the better."

ABC. Posted 10 hrs. ago.

Sister - So, I was able to get a pretty good timeline on Kaylee and Maddie that night of, from about 10:15 until shortly before 3:00 am.

Reporter - OG said she discovered at least 6 calls from her sister, Kaylee's, phone between 2:26-2:52 made to a boyfriend in the early morning of November 13th. Detectives now saying these phone calls are part of their investigation. Kaylee's family is firmly standing behind that boyfriend.

Sister - I know for an absolute fact that he is not a suspect, he's not suspicious. He is 100% innocent in this.

Kaylee's Mom.

NBC News. Posted 1 day ago.

Reporter - Police also looking into 7 phone calls made by victim, Kaylee Gonsalves, to her boyfriend around 2.26-2.52 am. But, Kaylee's sister says those calls were not out of the norm.

Mom - We do not believe she was calling him for help. We believe that she was just calling him to come over. If Kaylee was in eminent danger, her or Maddie, they would have called 911. They would not have been calling this person.
Thank you so much for your hard work!!!!

Media thread for this case.

Thank you guys so much. The community is so helpful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member