ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really really really really hope that if a person walked into their home and found their roomates dead, that their first reaction would not be to call friends. Obligatory just my opinion
Seems most likely to me that the surviving housemates (with bedrooms on the parking level) were sleeping until noon and the call was made either (1) by a boyfriend who also was sleeping over in one of the rooms (which may explain the withholding of the name of the caller in order to protect the girl’s privacy), or (2) friends who came over to fetch one of the housemates and then ran to the lower bedrooms after stumbling upon a crime scene. Those are the most logical scenarios, IMO.

Who has a good theory on who the perpetrator is? Charicteristically speaking, no specific person.

I'm thinking male aged between 18 and 26.
I'm swinging between somebody that had an obsession with one of the girls (possibly Kaylee), probably watched her for a time and either fantasised about being with her, or even created an imaginary relationship with her in his head, and then was angry when she moved away, or she rebuffed him.
Or somebody who has been raised in that cultish church in town that believes women are supposed to be obedient. He himself may have been sexually attracted to girls from the uni, but at the same time was angry at them for their liberal lifestyles and maybe even blamed them for his "sinful thoughts" because they were temptresses in their sexy clothing and flirty ways.
Either way we are dealing with an unhealthy mind, and I am thinking he fantasised about what he was going to do, and planned it in his head over and over.

Thanks. Thought so. Many people are insisting that when the cops say someone is "clear" or a situation is "unrelated", that's gospel truth.
I've just been listening to a batch of Dateline podcasts and i can but agree, it's not.

The LE weighing in are usually just sick about having to lie to anyone, but they have to in many a situation, when to tell the simon-pure truth might result in alerting a POI.

This may have been said since there is no way to read through all of the comments, but has anyone else considered that EC & XK were already dead when KG & MM got home? Their calls to J could have been panicked emergency calls. The killer could have still been in the house and killed them as well. JMO
This is what I was thinking also especially since timeline changed and seems the couple got home first.

Ashleigh Banfield had the coroner Cathy Mabbutt on her show on Thursday where the coroner seemed to confirm the substance dripping down the exterior side of the house is blood.

Ashleigh: “Ms. Mabbutt, we showed a picture a moment ago of a wall on the outside of the house. It looked like the foundation on the outside of the house. I’m gonna ask the control room to put that picture up again. This was fairly shocking to see. It’s blood dripping on the outside of the house, almost as though it may be seeping from the inside. Does that sound congruent with the results of the crime scene that you were able to ascertain from your work?”

Mabbutt: “Um, from my observations, yes.”

Ashleigh: “And can you tell me if that means this might have been one of the bedrooms or where the beds were that one of the victims was stabbed, this particular area of the house?”

Mabbutt: “I think that’s pretty likely, yes.”

Ashleigh then asked her if there was anything else she could say about that scene and she said no.

I can only find the podcast link.

Eta: starts around 30 minutes in.
Excellent find - thanks!

MOO, but this is exactly why our community is sooo frustrated: we shouldn’t have to hunt around for what the public officials we pay are saying everywhere but locally.

They didn't say that E's brother or sister were at the house when the "unconscious person" call was made. They said that they found out about E's passing when the brother and sister called their parents. Also that Hunter and Maize "were there," that is, they also attended U of Idaho. That's how I heard what they were saying
I kindly beg to differ.

The first 20 seconds is this:
"...like the call we took from the kids um who were there..."

Ethan's own brother, his friends and his frat brothers were right across the street.

To me, it would stand to reason to go and get them for help if they thought Ethan was unconscious.

Would they go and get his frat brothers and friends yet leave his brother behind? That doesn't make sense.

The parents state "...like the call we took from the kids um who were there..."
I'm going to take their word on that.

<modsnip>
Has Le confirmed that? Home heating oil is also red and part of me wonders if that's actually heating oil leaking from that pipe right there. Then the other part wonders if that is blood but then how would it seep through all the layers of building materials to drip down like that.
If you zoom into the pictures you can see at one part the liquid is dripping down over the pipe itself. Not saying it's blood or not. A lot of people are saying the blood would coagulate quickly but I would like to point out that when there is alcohol in your system your blood does not coagulate nearly as fast and seems runnier. I had to stop getting a tattoo once because I had drank the night before and the blood was running so much the artist had to stop. Also, responding to accidents involving alcohol lead me to that point as well.

The first 20 seconds is this:
"...like the call we took from the kids um who were there..."

Ethan's own brother, his friends and his frat brothers were right across the street.

To me, it would stand to reason to go and get them for help if they thought Ethan was unconscious.

Would they go and get his frat brothers and friends yet leave his brother behind? That doesn't make sense.

The parents state "...like the call we took from the kids um who were there..."
I'm going to take their word on that.
I agree that it's maybe a conclusion that some could possibly draw, but as they haven't actually said it, for now I'm taking it as the girls called friends who are still unknown.

Another long time lurker here.

Got caught up in this as it brought back memories of a multiple (3) stabbing/homicide in Australia some years ago.

18 year old guy became obsessed with 16 year old girl who wasn't interested. Her boyfriend was one of his friends.

Similar gruesome crime scene, huge amount of blood, except also SA in this one.

He went to work 3hrs later, visited tribute etc, nobody was none the wiser and shocked it was him when he was finally arrested.

Link below if anyone interested, but an interesting excerpt here...

"When news of Downie’s arrest broke, everyone was stunned. The 18-year-old trainee mechanic was a scrawny, non-descript young guy. In fact, he was the last type of person police were looking for. The attack on the Rowe family was so ferocious, that the assumption was the killer was a large male, or that there may even have been two perpetrators. Downie weighed in at 52 kilograms (that’s only a 114 pounds). He had no history of violence, no substance abuse problems and although he had a volatile relationship with his mother, he was very fond of her and was close to his family. There were no indicators pointing to the possibility that this unremarkable teen could be a triple murderer."

JMO but leaning towards a perhaps similar scenario - JMO

I'm in agreement. Not likely to be a rage killing toward one person. Also not likely to be a rage killing toward all four (and potentially six) people. This crime seems more psychopathic. For sport or even the challenge of it. Could be wrong, but that's what I'm leaning toward.
See I’m inclined to think it was pure rage. Graphic, but wouldn’t you slit throats to kill efficiently w/ such a knife? As the medical examiner alluded to, you have to be pretty angry w/ someone to stab them repeatedly in the heart. That just screams revenge for some kind of perceived rejection to me. The victims appear to have been close enough that if the killer felt rejected by one, he could conceivably have felt rejected by the group. There’s always a motive. Serial killers tend to derive some pleasure from the killing itself. Unless this is a new form of mass murder meant to slowly terrorize the community, I can’t see how this was the act of a stranger.

Weird stuff going on in Moscow...

News Flash • Moscow, ID • CivicEngage
22-M10146 Suspicious Person/Circumstance

Incident Address: SOUTHVIEW AVE; THE GROVE

MOSCOW ID 83843

Disposition: ACT

Time Reported: 18:49

Cad Comments:

Several males beating a vehicle with a baseball bat. Officers responded, report

taken.

22-M10147 Suspicious Person/Circumstance

Incident Address: W A ST & N LINE ST

MOSCOW ID 83843

Time Reported: 20:38

Cad Comments:

Rp was driving and saw a male on the side of the road carrying a knife in front

of him stretched out. Officers responded, no report.

22-M10129 Trespassing Complaint

Incident Address: 200 blk E 3RD ST

MOSCOW ID 83843

Time Reported: 23:00

Cad Comments:

News Flash • Moscow, ID • CivicEngage

RP can see a trespassed male is on the property since 530pm per her security

cameras. Officers responded, no report.

22-M10131 Suspicious Person/Circumstance

Incident Address: 1000 blk W A ST

MOSCOW ID 83843

Time Reported: 23:22

Cad Comments:

Complaint of suspicious female emptying Rp’s garbage. Rp has never seen her before.

Officer advised, no report.

Maybe the assailant was invited in the house very late, like after 3 am. Perhaps he was seen by all four victims while everyone was still socializing, in the kitchen or living room. People go off to bedrooms at some point, and this is when he attacks his intended target. His motivation for killing all of them is that he was seen by the others before the attack.

I'm thinking male aged between 18 and 26.
I'm swinging between somebody that had an obsession with one of the girls (possibly Kaylee), probably watched her for a time and either fantasised about being with her, or even created an imaginary relationship with her in his head, and then was angry when she moved away, or she rebuffed him.
Or somebody who has been raised in that cultish church in town that believes women are supposed to be obedient. He himself may have been sexually attracted to girls from the uni, but at the same time was angry at them for their liberal lifestyles and maybe even blamed them for his "sinful thoughts" because they were temptresses in their sexy clothing and flirty ways.
Either way we are dealing with an unhealthy mind, and I am thinking he fantasised about what he was going to do, and planned it in his head over and over.
I agree. And that is going to make it almost impossible to find this guy. I am interested in the DNA. Maybe LEO can get some sort of description if they sort out the DNA of the killer. Gender, skin color...whatever else.

Where was that shown? I missed it. I knew the calls were deemed unrelated by LE but I wasn’t aware they went into any details as to why they weren’t related or what they were regarding. Thanks!
On the Cross Country with Lawrence Jones interview from Nov 20, the parents of Kaylee went into how the text from Kaylee to Jack was about the dog. They also say she texted him to come over. Not sure how they have access to texts, since LE likely has all 4 phones.

I agree that it's maybe a conclusion that some could possibly draw, but as they haven't actually said it, for now I'm taking it as the girls called friends who are still unknown.
That's the best part about WS--- great minds come together and we create scenarios that we think could of happened.

A call could be a trigger and set the perp off. Or, one of the girls make a call to her ex boyfriend from 2 phones around 2:45 in a panic because the perp is getting crazy. All things to consider when nothing has been concluded.
You get the last word here.

Do we know who owns the house or does any kind of maintenance or repair work on it? Whoever did this hates everything these kids stood for, so looking at any acquaintances that have similar life circumstances will prove unfruitful. This person has rage against life, but not enough self hatred to end his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd