ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't say that E's brother or sister were at the house when the "unconscious person" call was made. They said that they found out about E's passing when the brother and sister called their parents. Also that Hunter and Maize "were there," that is, they also attended U of Idaho. That's how I heard what they were saying.
That’s exactly what I understood as well.

On the Cross Country with Lawrence Jones interview from Nov 20, the parents of Kaylee went into how the text from Kaylee to Jack was about the dog. They also say she texted him to come over. Not sure how they have access to texts, since LE likely has all 4 phones.
Perhaps the family have seen the text conversation on his phone?
Just a thought .. IMO

Do we know who owns the house or does any kind of maintenance or repair work on it? Whoever did this hates everything these kids stood for, so looking at any acquaintances that have similar life circumstances will prove unfruitful. This person has rage against life, but not enough self hatred to end his own.
Based on?

There was a comment in this or the previous thread where an individual stated that faculty housing isn’t that far away from the victims’ home.

I hadn’t thought about, nor had I heard anyone theorize about, the killer potentially being part of the UOI faculty.

That would track with the theories of someone who new one (or more) of them, but wasn’t a friend of theirs. They may also have access to the address.

Pure speculation, but I think it’s interesting.
U of I doesn’t offer faculty housing.

Maybe the assailant was invited in the house very late, like after 3 am. Perhaps he was seen by all four victims while everyone was still socializing, in the kitchen or living room. People go off to bedrooms at some point, and this is when he attacks his intended target. His motivation for killing all of them is that he was seen by the others before the attack.
You must watch Gray Hughes. ;)

There is a great resource on every Thread on Websleuths. It is called

Media Thread, No discussion.

The link is located in post #1 at the start of all threads. It is a really helpful historical library of sorts. Members post relevant MSM articles, Tweets, interviews and photos there.

It is very helpful to review this thread if you are either new to the case or trying to keep updated when you log on. It really helps to eliminate repetitive discussions.

Sleuth on!

Man I’ve gone through most of thread 1 and couldn’t find anything on it! I’m not a expert at navigating the site yet so I’m not sure how to check the media threads. I wanted to take a look at their Venmo’s since I’m sorta their age and could maybe understand it better.
Just my 2 cents here, But the breakup that happened so close to the murders can’t be dismissed in my opinion. My reasons for thinking that are as followed.
1. The Dog seems to have not alerted, which could indicate a previous relationship with the pet.
2. The Perp seems to have been comfortable in the house, which could indicate being familiar with the layout.
3. I’ve seen many say that if it was an Ex, why the other roommates? My answer to that would be possible anger towards them for promoting the breakup with “ you could do better “ etc.
4. Would explain why LE believes it’s targeting.
5. K was planning on leaving and taking a job far away ( from what I’ve gathered ) and could have caused a mental break.
6. Leaving the dog unharmed as it was a shared pet.

All that being said, they claim the ex is not a suspect.. so I have no clue. Just seems like it’s just too big of a coincidence to overlook.
excellent points. Agree on all counts. Ks room on 3rd floor would likely mean dog on third floor,
or at least second floor (common living areas, if dog was crated), so,
for the dog to not signal and not be harmed.. unlikely / hard to otherwise explain.

Who has a good theory on who the perpetrator is? Charicteristically speaking, no specific person.

Without knowing any information that police have, everything is a guess.

Jealousy can sometimes be a great motive. Only one of the females had her boyfriend there that night. I do not know the relationship situation of the other two females, but I think jealousy could be the motive.

You get the last word here.
i thought the same thing. The second set of calls from m‘s phone would make sense in a panic state where you no longer have access to your phone. i do wonder if the calls to J from Ms phone were made with him as a “contact” named in the phone or if the number was dialed manually without a contact in the phone.

My thoughts about the trolling, related to Bundy, are that Bundy was a very good looking and charming, psychopatic man and I'm not sure if anyone whom he may have encountered on the street during a troll would have had a clue that he was up to something murderous. The same thought applies if any of these students might have met the killer around town, thereby landing on his/her radar..."just some charming person who bought me a drink.."
But Bundy was a necrophile and here there is no indication of sexual assault.

Who has a good theory on who the perpetrator is? Charicteristically speaking, no specific person.
Good question. Actually, I think a thread should be made specifically for this very topic.

-I think NOT military trained. But, has the ideation of being an officer (everything about this screams emotional, untrained, rage...then the word 'sloppy' has been used in some reports, as well as leaving a point of entry unassessed with two possible threats still inside; if that were SOP for any branch we'd still be under the English crown or speaking German or Russian, IMO).

-Likely, used the apt parking lot to blend his car in with an environment -if a vehicle was involved. Used the woods in behind second level as a perch; under the cover of trees without being visible to car-traffic.

- I want to compare this case to the Holly Bobo case and the Tate-LeBianca case in so many ways. So, I'll say possibly someone with mindsets of the circles around Zach Adams and Charles Manson. A loser who'd hang out with those groups, maybe.

- Far out loony laughable theory - maybe somebody extremely triggered by the number 11. Happened in November 2022 (11/22), address is 1122, if K was target...K is what number in the alphabet? Heck, maybe he's mad there's only one more season of Stranger Things to roll out? Idk

That's the best I have, thus far.

Last edited:
Been lurking here since this terrible tragedy happened.

I suspect that this offender will reoffend. Back in September there was a campus knife threat warning before the four students were killed.

Glad University is allowing students to continue their studies remotely. The campus is unsafe, IMO.

LE has interviewed and ruled out the guy who threatened someone with a knife back in September. That point was made back in thread #1 for this Idaho forum.

Hi and welcome-
About the calls- do you suppose the later increase had to do with the announcement from Chief Fry at the presser of a need to be vigilant at least, etc., that shook people up? Until then there may have been an assumption that this was definitely an isolated incident. A crime of passion, as the Chief said. :)
Thanks for the welcome! MOO, but I think the presser got a lot more attention than the press releases did. I think, too, there was something more powerful about seeing “our” officials/university president speaking.

Perhaps most significantly, it was at that presser, IIRC, that Chief Fry walked back the “the community is safe” nonsense, which I think really woke everyone up who had unquestioningly accepted the previous “we’re safe — this was an isolated targeted incident” messaging.

On the Cross Country with Lawrence Jones interview from Nov 20, the parents of Kaylee went into how the text from Kaylee to Jack was about the dog. They also say she texted him to come over. Not sure how they have access to texts, since LE likely has all 4 phones.
Thanks! I know on our plan we can see calls and texts almost real time online. So it’s possible it’s a family plan and they can access everything.
Edited for spelling.

My interpretation of what the parents said in that interview is that Kaylee wanted J to respond to her, reach out to her, and come over. At one point she said “We have a dog together,” presumably as a reason he should feel a bond with her and/or a need, desire or obligation to respond. Nothing the parents said indicated to me that any of Kaylee’s messages were about a concern about the dog. JMO.

I think the mention of texts between kaylee and ex was in general after their breakup not specifically that night from what I understood.
A scenario just came to mind… maybe the other couple had switched to live in kaylees room after she left and the suspect didn’t know that. This could explain why they were a part of it. Please excuse my wording as I don’t post often.

If it's someone uknown to the victims i'd say it's a voyeur. He likes to stalk and watch his prey. Possibly a hunter/hiker, he's physically fit. Owns firearms but prefers to kill via a knife because of the intimate nature of it. Something that he lacks as he's a loner. He doesn't need to take anything from the crime scene as his knife is his memento. He probably hasn't got rid of it. The attention that this case has drawn across the country is a major turn on with him right now. He caused this. He's an insomniac, doesn't sleep well. Probably into call of duty and other tactical/warfare games.

He's also a scared man right now. He knows he may have left some dna at the crime scene that will lead back to him. He's probably going to drop out of school or leave his job and bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member