ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great questions… I’d be curious to know who the local drug dealer is on campus or for the Greeks. Every college has their dealers, they need to be interviewed because these are the people that are in the “know” about the late night antics.
I believe this was already addressed via Ethan’s Venmo account transactions

The dog will be able to smell and/or otherwise sense that she hasn't passed out. MOO
My cousin and I used to convince my little brother to lay still out in the field so the vultures would think he was dead and they would fly down. He would try to look dead, and we would laugh. Vultures don’t use their eyes they use their nose!
Dogs likely can tell by our respiration rate, not if we are upright or laying down.
LOL
JMO

I wonder why there was a ladder photographed along the wall on the first day? It seemed odd and out of place there. Several commented on it back on #1 or 2..
I wonder if the neighbors climbed up and looked through the window after the roommates reported that they wouldn’t wake up and at that point, saw an “unconscious“ body and called 911

Of course. He could have went in Dexter style in a tyvek suit for all we know. Seems like it's going to be a hard case to prosecute at this point unless they find DNA because I doubt he left prints.
Real question. Why do you doubt he left prints? Do you think it was that planned and organized? (if so, maybe the tyvek suit isn't so far fetched....).

MOO -

Been thinking about this re: order of death.

If the killer was aware of at least the residents on the second and third floors (X,E,M,K) and entered the house with the intention to kill all 4, it makes more sense to me that Ethan and Xana would be the first killed.

Starting at the top of the house where Maddie and Kaylee were and working your way down doesn’t make sense as the floors below may have heard and been able to exit. The killer would put themselves between the victims and the exit.

If the killer entered only intending to kill M and K on the 3rd floor then they would be the first killed. The only thing that makes sense to me is the killer is then surprised, being confronted by either E or X on the way out of the house and then ‘has’ to kill them as they have seen him or interferred with his plan of exit and he panics.

Order of death will be very telling!

Thoughts?

Again MOO!

The tire track evidence collection piqued my interest, especially since it was taken what, 4 days after the crime?
Does anyone think it may have stood out from the other vehicles used by residents or vehicles parked previous to the murders? Or possibly match some others within the search perimeter?
I didn’t pay attention to the changing crime tape blocking of parking and street access or how/when residents began to be able to move their cars.

Right, but how do they know he/she didn’t climb? I don’t find it that difficult to get to that balcony. Is that 8 feet? I fully believe the two young women were targeted. Perpetrator gets injured and cant leave the same way he came? Possibly? Also. The noise upstairs awakes the 2 roommates on the 2nd floor, but not the 2 on the 1st floor? I guess that depends on where the confrontation took place. Is it known If the bedrooms on the 2nd are directly above the 1st floor bedrooms.
We don't know how the murderer got into the house, but that doesn't mean police don't have a good idea.

It is most likely that the culprit entered through the patio door on the kitchen at the back of the house. There is crime scene tape on that patio door. We have also seen drone footage (and photos posted here) of kitchen stools place in the door that would prevent the door from opening (similar to putting a wooden dowel on the track to prevent door from opening). Chances are the lock was broken, or it's very easy to open from the outside.

Of course, there are other possibilities, but based on what we know, and information posted here over the last week, that makes the most sense.

Have all the roommates lived in the house for a while? These killings remind me a lot of the Tate-LaBianca murders, and in that case, the victims were targeted because the guy who previously owned the house slighted Manson. Do previous sorority sisters have any weird experiences?

I also have a lot of trouble justifying the scenario of an ex-boyfriend “snapping” and killing 4 people in a frenzy with a knife. One is a crime of passion, four is a mass murder.

MOO -

Been thinking about this re: order of death.

If the killer was aware of at least the residents on the second and third floors (X,E,M,K) and entered the house with the intention to kill all 4, it makes more sense to me that Ethan and Xana would be the first killed.

Starting at the top of the house where Maddie and Kaylee were and working your way down doesn’t make sense as the floors below may have heard and been able to exit. The killer would put themselves between the victims and the exit.

If the killer entered only intending to kill M and K on the 3rd floor then they would be the first killed. The only thing that makes sense to me is the killer is then surprised, being confronted by either E or X on the way out of the house and then ‘has’ to kill them as they have seen him or interferred with his plan of exit and he panics.

Order of death will be very telling!

Thoughts?

Again MOO!
LE said in presser that they were all attacked while asleep. Although coroner said they were not all found in bed.

I do wonder about the order they were killed. I'm sure LE has an idea about that by now.

The tire track evidence collection piqued my interest, especially since it was taken what, 4 days after the crime?
Does anyone think it may have stood out from the other vehicles used by residents or vehicles parked previous to the murders? Or possibly match some others within the search perimeter?
I didn’t pay attention to the changing crime tape blocking of parking and street access or how/when residents began to be able to move their cars.
Maybe it was something that wasn't normal at that residence. Motorcycle, Bicycle, Truck?

First time poster here...

I've been following this case since the beginning and the scenario that makes the most sense to me, right now, is that of a scorned ex. Of the 6 people that we know where in the house that night, the 4 that were murdered had something obvious in common. Long-standing, close relationships with one-another. I believe the suspect knew where his intended targets would be sleeping. He waited for them to retreat to their rooms, in order to avoid detection by the a 1st floor (basement) roommates. If you look at the pictures posted earlier, of the floor-plan, you'll see that the stairwell to the 1st floor (basement) is directly off of the living room.

We know that the calls from K to J were in regards to their shared pup... Did J have the dog that night? Was he supposed to drop the dog off but never did and that's reason for the late night calls from K and M? Why would K call J about their dog at that hour unless something was up. Did he refuse to bring the dog back? DId he take the dog while they were out?

We also know from K's parents that she was in town to show M her new car. How did J take this? If what K's parent's have said is true, that K and J had plans to get back together, don't you think it would make sense that K would also be excited to show J, as well?

I've dated a few "nice guys" that turned into complete psychopaths once their insecurities were triggered, or they felt as though they were losing me. Their anger/blame extended to anyone close to me, as they were perceived as a threat.

Obviously, this is all MOO, but I think whoever did was angry at all of the 4 victims, with K being the common denominator.
I'm with you. After seeing the layout and the visibility of the stairway to the first floor -- which the perp would have had to walk right by if X's bedroom was the one next to the bathroom on the second floor (where substance looking like blood was running down outside wall), and which wasn't on any direct path to the third floor suggesting he had targeted X and E as well -- I think the two downstairs roommates were spared, not overlooked. JMO. I believe it was said that the two surviving roommates only moved in this last August. Whoever did this had known the victims for some time. My Opinion Only.

I'm kinda reluctant to think the red liquid is blood. I believe it would coagulate before it could get outside.

I live in Texas and insects, air and water do get through the siding space down there. However the only time water has come in is when we have torrential downpours. Hundreds of gallons will shoot out from a downspout and it will back up. Homes in Idaho are likely more airtight than here.

Could have been a late night visit. Doesn’t have to be someone who was in the car. It’s typical to have late night visits from people after coming home from a bar. Which could indicate a familiar person. Could be a hookup, delivery of some sort or sleepover. Have to think of all aspects. Dealing with a perp who has no fear, out of his mind so “sloppy”, sounds like perp could be using drugs/alcohol.
If they let this person enter their room before bedtime, they must have been somewhat familiar with the perp. I just don't see them letting in a relative stranger this late at night. Anything is possible, but this theory seems to be a stretch to me. LE would be looking at ALL possible contacts they made recently, so if that's the case, he *should* be found.

LE said in presser that they were all attacked while asleep. Although coroner said they were not all found in bed.

I do wonder about the order they were killed. I'm sure LE has an idea about that by now.
maybe adrenaline kicked in and they tried running away

Can someone who is local or knows the area well give us a feel for the culture and demographics of the town?

Are there any peculiarities that make the place different to any other town in America or even the state?

Are there tensions between communities at all?

Is it an affluent area?

How rare are crimes of violence?

What about drug and alcohol misuse? Any particular problems above the average?
I lived here for close to a decade and worked at UI.

The town is a mix of college students, religious cults/groups (google "Christ Church"), and faculty/staff tied to either the University of Idaho or Washington State University 6 miles next door.

There are tensions between Christ Church and the community, which have unfortunately been publicized in national and international media.

There is no real animosity against the college students and locals. People understand college students contribute greatly to the local economy. The students are usually not super disruptive. Parties tend not to seep into the local community.

Area is not affluent, though housing prices have skyrocketed in recent years, making Moscow and Pullman nearly unaffordable for many folks. EMSI and Schweitzer Engineering are the other two big employers in town, or were when I lived there.

Crimes of this magnitude are pretty unusual, though there were several mass shootings and a murder suicide involving a UI professor/student in recent times.

In terms of demographics and unusual history, the county (Latah) is the only democratic voting county in Idaho (thanks to the university community). The state is very gun happy; you can open carry around town, and conceal carry all around campus (in classrooms, for instance). Lots of people have guns/weapons. There are hate and white supremacy groups not far out of town. Coeur d'Alene (CDA), which isn't very far from Moscow, has historically been home to the Aryan Nations. In the late 1970s and early 1980s, there were a series of murders committed by an assumed serial killer. There have been a few documentaries and podcasts about these killings. They are usually referred to as the Lewis Clark Valley murders. They remain unsolved.

I never got the sense that drugs were rampant on campus. Washington State U. tends to have more affluent students from Seattle, and there have been drug busts over there. If there were drug busts at UI, I haven't heard of them. I think the drinking is heavy, but probably not anything worse than other college campuses.

I've been thinking of what the motive could be? Could very well be some random psychopath but what if it was targeted? And it got me thinking how a lot of girls have onlyfans nowadays - I'm hoping investigators are checking out that angle too? Not saying that they had one but if they did ?
We also know that Kaylee was on a relationship break from her long term boyfriend - could she have had any short term partners since and then decided she wanted to get back to her boyfriend? Could one of these ex partners have felt jealous etc?
This is just pure speculation and theories on my part.

If they let this person enter their room before bedtime, they must have been somewhat familiar with the perp. I just don't see them letting in a relative stranger this late at night. Anything is possible, but this theory seems to be a stretch to me. LE would be looking at ALL possible contacts they made recently, so if that's the case, he *should* be found.
just moo, i would think the perp would be hiding in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes