ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster, not sure if this is allowed even though I’m not naming names.

Upon doing a quick street view on google maps to take a look around the King Rd neighbourhood, I was curious to check out the house on Walenta Dr that is directly behind the King Rd house. There’s many pictures of the backyard that offer up a clear look at the back of the house and side of 1122.

Upon doing a bit more research on sex offenders that have lived in the area, it’s interesting to note that one in particular lived on the Walenta Dr, at the very house behind 1122.
This is an amazing piece of research! I hope LE is this on-the-ball. Is there any indication of when the sex offender lived there?

Here’s what I’m curious to know, what is the most people murdered in one “occurrence” or “event” by a knife in the U.S.? It has to be high relatively speaking, particularly if the criteria is a singular occurrence or event coupled with “incurred by a knife.” I have a hard time believing this is anything other than premeditated, thrill, want for attention.

Has anyone brought up how it’s only an 8 minute drive to cross the state border into Washington from the home?

I suspect the killer lives in WA and struck across the border purposely. This case has thrill kill written all over it IMO
It's possible that the killer came across the border. But this seems a bit much to be a thrill kill. I'm still leaning towards someone known to one or all of the victims.

Can't wrap my head around the dog being in the house and yet not barking or alerting anyone. My dog can hear deer in the back yard and will bark her head off.

Banfield just stated that a dark sedan was behind the food truck and the person inside yelled to the girls to hurry up. I believe she said that the girls left with that person. I can’t rewind-did she say male?
They took an Uber home from there. The dark sedan could have been the Uber? If so, LE has cleared the driver.

Based on their Instagram photos and comments, it looks like at least some of them had rented the same house together during previous semesters.
Yes
yep! and if you look at google maps, picture was taken in oct 2021, the car looks the exact same as the one that was there during the crime. i tried to attach a screenshot but it isn't letting me. sorry.
Yes

Anybody read this new NYT article yet (see image of headline)? I don’t have a subscription and it’s behind a paywall. Online commentary suggests article may state Kaylee’s sister said K & M returned home at 1:56am per neighbor’s Ring camera (possible if they rushed into a waiting vehicle at Food Truck) and that it was concern about one of the deceased female victims that prompted surviving roommates to summon help of some sort. Can somebody with a subscription either confirm or correct if inaccurate?
“At 1:56 a.m., a neighbor’s surveillance camera showed Ms. Mogen and Ms. Goncalves returning to the house, Ms. Goncalves’ older sister said.”

This is the quote and all they say about returning home. There isn’t any bombshell evidence that they drop.
———
“Investigators suggested that those two had slept through the killings. The house has six bedrooms, with two on each floor. The police said the victims were found on the second and third floors.
When the two surviving housemates woke up, they called some of their friends to the house, because they believed that one of the women who lived upstairs “had passed out and was not waking up.” After the friends arrived, someone from the group called 911 just before noon, and the police arrived to find the four stabbing victims.”

Quotes from New York Times article: No Arrests, No Suspects: What We Know About the University of Idaho Killings

Last edited:
I've seen locked internal doors in multi-user houses. If there are people in and out of the house all the time, it makes sense to have a lock on your door to protect your stuff. My niece lived in an off campus apartment built by the university that had a common area with living room and kitchen, and 4 bedrooms that each had their own baths. The bedrooms each had their own locks and often, the outer door to the common area wasn't even locked. I think it's pretty common to have individual bedrooms that locked. I lived in an apt. with 3 roommates and I had a lock on my bedroom door and always locked it because I had roommates that weren't good at locking the outer door or even closing it all the way.
same. I always kept my door locked when I was asleep or didn't want to be bothered because one of my roommates especially would barge in no matter what time it was when she got home from the bar. only way to stop it is to lock the door and ignore the knocks lol

I think it's notable that law enforcement were called and arrived before EMT. That suggests to me that the whoever called 911 may have described a death or crime scene to the operator. I don't think LE typically respond when there's a 911 call purely for medical aid. At least not in my experience.
I don't know if I agree. these conversations are on one end (the people calling) full of stress and on the other end someone using training and a list of questions they need to get information based on. the discrepancies in these calls are usually not big deal. If the roommate/s called 911, firstly the caller maybe in serious shock that they are at a murder scene, and just relaying there are people unresponsive and the are some signs of violence. the dispatcher would be asking if the they knew if a perp or person who committed the violence's was still there or fled. if the surviving roommates did not know for certain the cops would be dispatched asap, and since cops are on dispersed patrol and ambulances are not, the cops could be way closer, and could get there considerably sooner

“At 1:56 a.m., a neighbor’s surveillance camera showed Ms. Mogen and Ms. Goncalves returning to the house, Ms. Goncalves’ older sister said.”

This is the quote and all they say about returning home. There isn’t any bombshell evidence that they drop.
———
“Investigators suggested that those two had slept through the killings. The house has six bedrooms, with two on each floor. The police said the victims were found on the second and third floors.
When the two surviving housemates woke up, they called some of their friends to the house, because they believed that one of the women who lived upstairs “had passed out and was not waking up.” After the friends arrived, someone from the group called 911 just before noon, and the police arrived to find the four stabbing victims.”

All from New York Times article.

No Arrests, No Suspects: What We Know About the University of Idaho Killings
Thank you for confirming. Much appreciated.

ETA: I do find the return time interesting as it suggests immediate departure from the food truck into awaiting vehicle which could mean nothing or something. I will refrain from specifying the potential “something” I am wondering about as I believe it’s too speculative, but I appreciate that detail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member