ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
October 17th, 2015
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/10/sheriff-fbi-unable-to-analyze-some-evidence-in-deorr-kunz-case/

"SALMON – The Lemhi County sheriff says the FBI is unable to analyze some evidence in the case of a missing Idaho Falls toddler."

"Next week, Bowerman says, he will be traveling to Idaho Falls to meet with Bonneville County detectives to determine the next steps to take in the case."

A question for those of you who think the search area should be expanded at the campground:

Why is Sheriff Bowerman meeting with Idaho Falls/Bonneville County detectives as the next step in the investigation? That's over two hours away from where Deorr was allegedly last seen. :thinking:

I'm thinkink he going to go get more info to determine what the next step should be. Because didnt he say that they have had more contact with FBI then he did?

October 17th, 2015
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/10/sheriff-fbi-unable-to-analyze-some-evidence-in-deorr-kunz-case/

"SALMON – The Lemhi County sheriff says the FBI is unable to analyze some evidence in the case of a missing Idaho Falls toddler."

"Next week, Bowerman says, he will be traveling to Idaho Falls to meet with Bonneville County detectives to determine the next steps to take in the case."

A question for those of you who think the search area should be expanded at the campground:

Why is Sheriff Bowerman meeting with Idaho Falls/Bonneville County detectives as the next step in the investigation? That's over two hours away from where Deorr was allegedly last seen. :thinking:

My guess is that that's where the POIs live.

Me too!!!!! I was thinking now that they've searched all over in the area then why not start out and work into where they first searched.

I have a strong feeling he is out there and farther then we think because I have a son who is a month older then DeOrr and I'm telling ya my child could run five miles if he wasn't stopped. I think little DeOrr is being underestimated because he had on boots that might have been to big. Toddlers are not as helpless as we think. They can run, jump, and climb better then I'd of ever guessed. They have no consept of danger. Going into water wouldn't of scared him. Seeing a wild animal wouldn't of scared him. Being lost might not have even scared him for the first few miles. If it was my son he wouldn't of even cared he was lost or couldn't find me till he was hungry and even then he'd find something to eat I'm sure.

Children are soooo different. I understand exactly what you are saying. My youngest would not stop running. Put her down and off she went.

I remember one day I was so tired of chasing her I set her down and said off you go. She started down the street and never looked back even once. Down the sidewalk she ran.

Then reality set in and I thought what have I done and ran as fast as I could to get her. But had I not done that she would still be running.

We don't know what kind of child DeOrr is but the more this plays out the more I too think he is somewhere and just hasn't been found yet.

Which takes me back to the Sheriff. Why isn't he allowing those offering to come and search with their dogs to come? Why did he discourage that ******** group from coming in for the big search and why haven't they brought in any of the professional search groups.

This young couple that lost their child have depended on those in charge to do the right thing. But did they? No Amber alerts, no professional searches, no news conferences except one or two.

What's up? And to be true I don't think they have any idea what happened to this little child. They might suspect this or that but in the end there have been no arrests, no person of interest and nothing to show they have a theory in what happened.

This is a crying shame. Poor DeOrr and poor all of them.

Bonneville County is where all the POIs live. Not sure what that means as far as the investigation, though...

I don't think it means anything at all. Well then again I do think it means he will have lunch up there and make J.Q Public think he is doing something!

October 17th, 2015

SB. has said that Bonneville has been helping with the investigation all along, so perhaps, to brainstorm on where to go next.
It seems like he feels he's exhausted all that he can think of, and or do.

I think DeOrr was either left in the car or not at the store. The clerk remembered the parents but not seeing DeOrr while they talked about their child. It would be natural as the parents are discussing this the clerk looks at the child. This child is so cute, I would think you would remember. Also if this little store was so busy why didn't someone else notice the tot? After the 20 min. drive in the car, he maybe a 'mover & a goer' and as it appears from the timeline they were at the store for quite awhile.

BBM Good point.

October 17th, 2015

Could be something or SB could genuinely be stumped. One question I have is has it ever been stated when and where the last independent sighting of Deorr was?

Severed ties with the family while helping with a missing child case. Can't help but wonder if he feels the parents aren't being totally honest?

JMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

And I am wondering if he got his five minutes of fame out of them and high tailed it out of Dodge.

I don't think he did this investigation any good at all.

MOO

Severed ties with the family while helping with a missing child case. Can't help but wonder if he feels the parents aren't being totally honest?

JMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

On the other hand, maybe the parents realised he was just making them look bad rather than helping the investigation.

Out in the truck (by himself) napping? Surely, if he were with them in the store, he would have been observed!

Not to be argumentative with you and Dee10, but why would DeOrr have had to be observed by the clerk or anyone else? The clerk said it's a busy place. Why would anyone remember seeing someone in a store? I doubt if I would and I have a really good memory. And since the store is rather small (compared to Walmart, e.g.) why couldn't DeOrr have been looking at stuff such as toys or cookies and candy and his mom or Dad observing him from where they were? I just don't think it's at all complicated and I'm not sure why some believe that it must be. Obviously Jessica had her eye on DeOrr since she saw the guy looking at him suspiciously. IMO

I've just been thinking about the other couple that was in the upper campground. Sheriff B. had stated that no one had been seen or heard coming or going in the area, yet this couple was there and had other family members coming up to visit. How is it then that no one was coming or going in that area. According to this information at the link, that upper campground is just .5 miles past the lower campground, and is accessed via the same road. By zooming out just a little the locations for both campgrounds can be seen.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea?recid=76098

:facepalm:
On the other hand, maybe the parents realised he was just making them look bad rather than helping the investigation.

Maybe they disagreed about their involvement in the documentary?

October 17th, 2015

Sending a message to someone?

Not to be argumentative with you and Dee10, but why would DeOrr have had to be observed by the clerk or anyone else? The clerk said it's a busy place. Why would anyone remember seeing someone in a store? I doubt if I would and I have a really good memory. And since the store is rather small (compared to Walmart, e.g.) why couldn't DeOrr have been looking at stuff such as toys or cookies and candy and his mom or Dad observing him from where they were? I just don't think it's at all complicated and I'm not sure why some believe that it must be. Obviously Jessica had her eye on DeOrr since she saw the guy looking at him suspiciously. IMO

You are right....I forgot that the store was busy...but if all the people at the store were asked...."Did you happen to see a little blonde haired toddler while you were there", I bet "somebody" might remember....

I too think, as some of you, that he is out there in woods somewhere... look at Chandra Levy's case; her body was found, what, 50 feet from where they were searching? I think they should expand the search area, and let a expert search group go in!

JMO!

Going back a few pages there were posts suggesting that Deorr's parents have been subjected to a hate campaign of some sorts, I'm sure stalking was mentioned. Can someone elaborate please?

I just read SB's account of the store sighting and listened to Jessica's account (talked about in the context of rumours) with EIN. They seem to match for timing but not in content?

SB says the parents went back to the store "several days later" and then the clerk remembers them. Doesn't remember seeing the child but remembers them talking about him.

The EIN interview took place 3 (several?) days after the disappearance. Jessica says the clerk states that a gentleman (no mention of a woman) and blonde boy matching the description, really filthy, buying candy for him and bawling in a black truck. DK then says it was 6pm Friday and that wasn't possible.(paraphrased)

I believe there is only one woman that works in this store in such a tiny town?

Anyone else want to try and work this one out?

You are right....I forgot that the store was busy...but if all the people at the store were asked...."Did you happen to see a little blonde haired toddler while you were there", I bet "somebody" might remember....

Mickshawn, I really don't think anyone would remember a regular little boy with blond hair. Sure, he's cute, but most toddlers are. Unless something unique had happened involving DeOrr while he was in the store, what reason would anyone have to remember him being there? I think some just want to make more out of this than there really is. The only reason I can think of is because many here are so used to sleuthing that they have forgotten how to take things at face value.

I just read SB's account of the store sighting and listened to Jessica's account (talked about in the context of rumours) with EIN. They seem to match for timing but not in content?

SB says the parents went back to the store "several days later" and then the clerk remembers them. Doesn't remember seeing the child but remembers them talking about him.

The EIN interview took place 3 (several?) days after the disappearance. Jessica says the clerk states that a gentleman (no mention of a woman) and blonde boy matching the description, really filthy, buying candy for him and bawling in a black truck. DK then says it was 6pm Friday and that wasn't possible.(paraphrased)

I believe there is only one woman that works in this store in such a tiny town?

Anyone else want to try and work this one out?

The answer to the dilemma might be easier than we think. One was reported by Nate and the other was reported by Sheriff Bowerman.

ETA: the "report" from the woman who described a filthy, bawling child somehow seems to have shades of the female SO who gave an interview. Maybe Nate has a few stories accidentally confused/combined. Just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust