ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.rexburgstandardjournal.c...ing-child-before/article_8669e148-79b2-11e5-8

Family and friends of missing 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr. are planning a final search this weekend for the child before winter.

NO amount of weather would keep me from looking for my child. jmo.

That's odd, because my thoughts are they want to search this weekend before the snow falls and makes finding anything impossible until next spring when it begins to melt. Sure, they can continue to search after the snow falls in the mountains, but to no avail :-(.

I'm not trying to make the parents (or IR or Grandpa) look guilty. I'm just trying to sort things out. I haven't ruled anything in or out. I'm just thinking about all the things I've read and heard and I guess kind of mulling things over in my head... that's really about all we can do at this point. There's not a lot to go on. I hope the search this weekend turns up something.
I'm not really referring to you to be honest.

I see none stop people assuming guilt because the story keeps changing. But is the story really changing? Or are things getting read into a bit much.
I mean like SB saying two different things in the same interview. That's not really the parents fault. And if you take what sb said at first then that's exploring IMO.
I also feel like Nate the reporter really messed up a few things that has caused the story to change. Once again that's not really the parents fault. So far I have only actually seen other people change the story or give false info.

Evening all, trying to catch up and it seems like not much new has happened recently. However, there's one thing still niggling at the back of my mind in this case which I don't think has been discussed for a while.

Apparently Deorr never went anywhere without his blankie (or soft toy, can't remember the details) yet it was found in the car. Can anyone remember the details of this?

That's odd, because my thoughts are they want to search this weekend before the snow falls and makes finding anything impossible until next spring when it begins to melt. Sure, they can continue to search after the snow falls in the mountains, but to no avail :-(.
I think that'd be very dangerous to search once snow falls. And you'd think that they wouldn't find anything anyways.

I'm not trying to make the parents (or IR or Grandpa) look guilty. I'm just trying to sort things out. I haven't ruled anything in or out. I'm just thinking about all the things I've read and heard and I guess kind of mulling things over in my head... that's really about all we can do at this point. There's not a lot to go on. I hope the search this weekend turns up something.

I totally agree with you and I don't just take everything at face value. Jumping off your post, someone said the other day, something to the effect that any theory you would have to discount things to make it fit. It's up to each of us to weigh and discount things and form our own opinion. <modsnip>

Hasn't SB said, on various occasions, that the parties were within 150 feet of each other? Now he says they're 50 feet? Am I remembering correctly?

He is saying the creek is 50 feet down the embankment below the camping area as clearly shown in Nate Eaton's video. Elevation vs distance.

150 feet though has never made sense to me given that SB has also talked of upstream and downstream regards parents and IR. How far upstream and down can you be but still all be within 150 feet of each other?

<modsnip>

I haven't heard them speak other then one interview so I cant say they have changed their story.

However, it can be proven that the reported stated false info. And even just in SB interview he said two different things.

And I don't for one moment think they are more concerned about sm more then anything. Some of those people have flat out made lies. Like JM has meth charges. Go run a check on her and you won't find a single meth charge. Among many of other false info. They have been being harassed on sm to the point it makes me sick. When half of the info people on sm are going off of is stuff the reporter messed up IMO
At some point they have the right to defend them selfs. I would.

And I don't expect them to do any interviews at this point. They are smart enough to figure out that the only people that will watch it will be judging them instead of helping them.

Evening all, trying to catch up and it seems like not much new has happened recently. However, there's one thing still niggling at the back of my mind in this case which I don't think has been discussed for a while.

Apparently Deorr never went anywhere without his blankie (or soft toy, can't remember the details) yet it was found in the car. Can anyone remember the details of this?

Those ARE the details, IIRC. There was lots of discussion and many considered that to mean the blanket went where they went, e.g., camping, to the store, visiting, day school, etc. Not that little DeOrr carried it around with him everywhere he went, such as Linus does.

I'm not really referring to you to be honest.

I see none stop people assuming guilt because the story keeps changing. But is the story really changing? Or are things getting read into a bit much.
I mean like SB saying two different things in the same interview. That's not really the parents fault. And if you take what sb said at first then that's exploring IMO.
I also feel like Nate the reporter really messed up a few things that has caused the story to change. Once again that's not really the parents fault. So far I have only actually seen other people change the story or give false info.

I'd be the first to agree that the release of details in this case has been very spotty and unreliable, and not what you'd expect in a missing child case. I don't really understand who is to blame for that. I sense that maybe LE has told the parents to lay low? For what reason, I have no idea... Strategy on the part of LE? Maybe they have some leads that we don't know about and they don't want too much info released? I'm just grasping at straws, but I guess my main point is that the news reports/press releases haven't been very detailed so it's no wonder there have been assumptions and inconsistencies. My opinions and speculation only.

<modsnip>
I haven't heard them speak other then one interview so I cant say they have changed their story.

However, it can be proven that the reported stated false info. And even just in SB interview he said two different things.

And I don't for one moment think they are more concerned about sm more then anything. Some of those people have flat out made lies. Like JM has meth charges. Go run a check on her and you won't find a single meth charge. Among many of other false info. They have been being harassed on sm to the point it makes me sick. When half of the info people on sm are going off of is stuff the reporter messed up IMO

And I don't expect them to do any interviews at this point. They are smart enough to figure out that the only people that will watch it will be judging them instead of helping them.

Bravo, giagreen, so very well said! Thank you! I don't read or post on sm unless someone here shares a link, but it's certainly not hard to imagine :-(

I'd be the first to agree that the release of details in this case has been very spotty and unreliable, and not what you'd expect in a missing child case. I don't really understand who is to blame for that. I sense that maybe LE has told the parents to lay low? For what reason, I have no idea... Strategy on the part of LE? Maybe they have some leads that we don't know about and they don't want too much info released? I'm just grasping at straws, but I guess my main point is that the news reports/press releases haven't been very detailed so it's no wonder there have been assumptions and inconsistencies. My opinions and speculation only.

I also wonder if LE told them to lay low. And I also wonder if they were told by LE not to search? I wonder that because SB said they have been searching still every weekend for DeOrr and that was something we didn't really know before so it looked like nobody was searching when really LE still was. And then they called off their search before and I feel like that might have been a request from LE or possibly the FBI?

Does anyone know if the parents have been allowed to search in the official search area or if they are still only allowed to search outside of it?

<modsnip>

BBM Are you referring to his interview with Tricia? What were the two things?

Plenty of pictures without toys or blankets. I think it is more a figure of speech than literal

He is saying the creek is 50 feet down the embankment below the camping area as clearly shown in Nate Eaton's video. Elevation vs distance.

150 feet though has never made sense to me given that SB has also talked of upstream and downstream regards parents and IR. How far upstream and down can you be but still all be within 150 feet of each other?

Thanks. When he speaks of upstream vs downstream, I assume he's referring to which way the creek is flowing and not uphill vs downhill. If that's the case, being within 150 feet of each other is no problem, IMO.

Bravo, giagreen, so very well said! Thank you! I don't read or post on sm unless someone here shares a link, but it's certainly not hard to imagine :-(
Its bad. I simply said something in their defence once and had over 10 messages from 10 different people. All calling me names in my personal inbox. Even taking it as far as calling my 2 year old son a bunch of names (remember these are people who are claiming to deeply care about a two year old boy).
I even had threats because I suggested that they didnt have time to kill and cover up their child's murder. Can you imagine what they must be going threw on there if that's what I got? I have no doubt in my mind they have been harassed. Because I can bet that they had it wayyyy worse then me before they deleted their acounts. And of course everyone now thinks that is suspicious. Its a jungle of idiots out there full of anger and rage. And what's screwed up is nobody actually knows with out a doubt what happen to DeOrr. The fact that they could be wrong has never crossed their minds. Its crazy.

<modsnip>
I don't see guilt other then the horrific feeling of "loosing" their baby. Who would not feel guilt. I have a plethora of guilt over things I did with my children and I never lost one. I see parents frozen in horror and fear. I see pain and such sadness they cannot hardly speak. SM has changed the face of the entire world. People think because they can instantly write on your "wall" they are I titled to an opinion and sit in judgement on your character. Sad really....and quite frankly doing interviews allows people to rip them open even more. They don't sit right, speak right, won't look at the camera correctly....I have nothing but sadness for this family and hope that they won't live like this forever. JMO

I also wonder if LE told them to lay low. And I also wonder if they were told by LE not to search? I wonder that because SB said they have been searching still every weekend for DeOrr and that was something we didn't really know before so it looked like nobody was searching when really LE still was. And then they called off their search before and I feel like that might have been a request from LE or possibly the FBI?

I DO think most of what SB is doing at this time has been due to prompting/suggesting by the FBI. Also, what exactly did SB say regarding "still searching"? I really can't remember, and "searching" can mean so many things. I wonder if he was more specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo