ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.rexburgstandardjournal.c...ing-child-before/article_8669e148-79b2-11e5-8

Family and friends of missing 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr. are planning a final search this weekend for the child before winter.

NO amount of weather would keep me from looking for my child. jmo.

I know. Plus I love hiking in newly fallen snow. All the animal behavior comes to life. It's fascinating to see the little rabbit and bird tracks etc. More than a few times we found deer tracks with coyote following close behind. We'd carry our nature book and could identify whether an animal was walking or on a fast run by the distance between each track.

Lemhi County has deer, elk, black bear, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, moose, coyote, red fox. grouse, rabbits, hares and more. Imagine the tracks one could see. With such abundant wildlife, I find it improbable a cougar would choose a child in a campground with several adults milling around. MOO

On the downhill areas DeOrr could go faster and farther than uphill obviously. If he went downhill consistently he may have gone farther, possibly much farther than law-enforcement calculated.

ETA: I'm not much of a fan of the mountain lion theory, but what DeOrr wandered very far into the territory of a Mountain lion.

I know. Plus I love hiking in newly fallen snow. All the animal behavior comes to life. It's fascinating to see the little rabbit and bird tracks etc. More than a few times we found deer tracks with coyote following close behind. We'd carry our nature book and could identify whether an animal was walking or on a fast run by the distance between each track.

Lemhi County has deer, elk, black bear, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, moose, coyote, red fox. grouse, rabbits, hares and more. Imagine the tracks one could see. With such abundant wildlife, I find it improbable a cougar would choose a child in a campground with several adults milling around. MOO

Unfortunately, little DeOrr's parents will hardly be able to enjoy the forest as you do for a long time to come, and certainly not while searching for their son's body in beautiful white, powdery snow that has captured the wildlife that inhabits the area. :-(

You might be interested to know there are similar handbooks and a plethora of information on mountain lions which should give you a better understanding of why, despite abundant wildlife all around, the cougar will still stalk, grab and kill a small, defenseless child should the opportunity present itself, even if it has a full belly! :-(

Thanks. When he speaks of upstream vs downstream, I assume he's referring to which way the creek is flowing and not uphill vs downhill. If that's the case, being within 150 feet of each other is no problem, IMO.

I should be clearer that the within 150 feet is for all people. GGP, Deorr Jr, parents and IR. If all were within this distance then for me there is no upstream or downstream business for IR/parents. They (parents/IR) would effectively be close enough together to talk to and/or see each other.

I believe the below images show what within 150 feet looks like:

uu8b.png

xu8b.png

On the downhill areas DeOrr could go faster and farther than uphill obviously. If he went downhill consistently he may have gone farther, possibly much farther than law-enforcement calculated.

ETA: I'm not much of a fan of the mountain lion theory, but what DeOrr wandered very far into the territory of a Mountain lion.
I thought this also. Or I keep thinking if he felt down a hill also that'd speed him up some.

So many questions.
What do you think the parents' purpose was in doing the documentary? It wouldn't get information about little Deorr out there in a timely manner. What other
reasons would they have? I'm not saying anything was wrong with their participation, just wondering what their motivation would be.

BBM Are you referring to his interview with Tricia? What were the two things?
What does BBM mean? I keep seeing it and have no clue. And yes I was referring to the interview with Tricia. I'll have to go back and look because I don't want to word it wrong. But at first SB says that IR was telling em about the fish he was catching and how the parents asked him to show them. Then later he refers to it as they all went of to fishing.

I personaly just think its a figure of speech. But it does leave room to think they were actually fishing when sb didn't really say that initially.

So many questions.
What do you think the parents' purpose was in doing the documentary? It wouldn't get information about little Deorr out there in a timely manner. What other
reasons would they have? I'm not saying anything was wrong with their participation, just wondering what their motivation would be.

If the doc is what I believe it is it isn't due till sometime next year and if the parents believe Deorr to be abducted and alive, then he could turn up anytime.

I guess they could cut it if that happened but the filmmakers would have lost a good chunk of money and time.

I am still really bothered by GGP saying that he saw the baby heading towards the embankment and upon seeing him vanish , shrugging and assuming he found his parents. That seems like negligence to me. JMO How do you watch a 2 yr old head towards rushing water and just ignore it? I am having a hard time understanding why he assumed the parents were right there.

BBM = bolded by me...meaning I bolded text for emphasis.

What does BBM mean? I keep seeing it and have no clue. And yes I was referring to the interview with Tricia. I'll have to go back and look because I don't want to word it wrong. But at first SB says that IR was telling em about the fish he was catching and how the parents asked him to show them. Then later he refers to it as they all went of to fishing.

I personaly just think its a figure of speech. But it does leave room to think they were actually fishing when sb didn't really say that initially.

Hmmmm. Ok. I think both of those things could be true and not in contradiction.

BBM means "bolded by me"

It's pretty obvious that a lot of posters have been disappearing from these boards. Why?

I'm sure they were taken by mountain lions!

I should be clearer that the within 150 feet is for all people. GGP, Deorr Jr, parents and IR. If all were within this distance then for me there is no upstream or downstream business for IR/parents. They (parents/IR) would effectively be close enough together to talk to and/or see each other.

I believe the below images show what within 150 feet looks like:

uu8b.png

xu8b.png

Were they something like 50' apart (or whatever distance) to have them all within the same 150'? I must be confused. As for the upstream/downstream, water flows downstream, but someone could easily be fishing right beside you (upstream) as you fished downstream (which is where your line will end up anyway).

ETA: I'm going to give this another shot :). So, if I understand correctly, the campsite (where GGPA and DeOrr Jr were) is 150' from the creek shore? And standing at the creek shore, 50' apart, are IR and then DK and JM (who are together)? Actually, standing on the shore of a creek that has some ins and outs caused by the shoreline, that's plenty room to fish privately and not even SEE the person (IR) who is 50' away. So if GGPA and DeOrr Jr are 150' away from the creek shore, as the pictures depict, there is NO WAY they were 50' away from IR or the parents.

It's pretty obvious that a lot of posters have been disappearing from these boards. Why?

I'm sure they were taken by mountain lions!
13 threads....over 3500 comments....god forbid two people had a conversation about something they believe is an actual possiblity that didn't involve the parents having to be the bad guys.

How will they ever move on [emoji33]

If the doc is what I believe it is it isn't due till sometime next year and if the parents believe Deorr to be abducted and alive, then he could turn up anytime.

I guess they could cut it if that happened but the filmmakers would have lost a good chunk of money and time.

AFAIK, the parents believe Deorr was abducted by a stranger. Hence the sketch and the family endorsed billboards. Have they ever mentioned a mountain lion? Or is that what the documentary is about? So confusing. TIA

AFAIK, the parents believe Deorr was abducted by a stranger. Hence the sketch and the family endorsed billboards. Have they ever mentioned a mountain lion? Or is that what the documentary is about? So confusing. TIA
I thought the billboards where donated?

"Voss said she did not know Kunz’s family before the child went missing, but she had been following the news articles. She communicated with the child’s grandmother, Trina Clegg, and asked her what help she needed.

Clegg told Voss they wanted to get billboards put up to spread the word about Kunz, and they were able to get a billboard company in Boise to donate nine digital billboards in Idaho."

http://www.rexburgstandardjournal.c...cle_8669e148-79b2-11e5-8336-2fb1819ebaf7.html

So cool!

So many questions.

I don't see how they could still think he's been abducted and do this documentary just based on who is doing the documentery.

But at the same time this is something that I think will help DeOrr's story live on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13