ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So why wasn't this stated right off the bat? Seriously.... being drip fed changing and/or added details has really hurt this case IMO.

Given all including GGP and Deorr Jr were within 150ft of each other how far apart could IR and parents be?

Within 300 feet of each other; a football field.

Unfortunately the radio wouldn't play for me so I'll have to wait for a transcript or working archive.

Deorr Jr was said to have been left with GGP playing around the campfire so it would be a pretty substantial change.

I listened to it again. SB said at about 5:09 in the show that the parents got back from the store and Isaac was talking about seeing or catching some fish and the parents asked Isaac if he would show them. SB says (paraphrasing) that "they started down towards the creek". Then he talks about how steep it was, etc. Then he says that Deorr Sr turned and looked at his son and asked him if he wanted to go with them or stay with GGP. Deorr Jr said GGP. He said Deorr started walking back to GGP and they(the parents and Isaac) went on down to the creek. Again just paraphrasing.

So, I took it to mean that they were already over the embankment when Deorr went back to GGPA, but that may not have been what SB meant. Maybe they had just started over when Sr asked Deorr Jr.

Guess we will have to wait for a transcript or someone else can listen to it and see what they think. I don't mean to cause confusion. That was just how I had interpreted it the first time.

ETA: The more I listen to it, the more I think they hadn't yet gone over the embankment towards the creek yet due to further things that SB says. I think I heard the first part and concentrated on that to the exclusion of some of the rest. Guess that's why it's a good idea to listen more than once!

Just from what people are reporting here, it sounds like the story has changed. MOO

None of these questions were asked before, Nate was the only reporter we had. Seems like he answers a question when asked. He just doesn't offer up more.

Wow. I hope someone is up to post the transcript or something. I'm staying at a hotel with my husband and daughter so I can't exactly listen to it...tv on, etc. and I'm hearing impaired. :(

I thought when the parents got back around one o'clock they were setting up camp & tents and didn't go exploring until near nap time at two? I'm not sure if this was an oversight or if there is a timeline change? I tend to analysis things very literally, so I may be being too picky.

I'm still baffled that somebody took an EMT bag....just kindof weird and for what reason?....and during this search....but I'm willing to let it go for now.
Lol I wanted to bring this up as well but am more then willing to let it go for now. Like who steals an EMT bag? Not just any EMT bag but an EMT bag that was on the scene of a missing toddler. Who even steals during a time like that? Maybe it was just misplaced.
[emoji46]

I thought when the parents got back around one o'clock they were setting up camp & tents and didn't go exploring until near nap time at two? I'm not sure if this was an oversight or if there is a timeline change? I tend to analysis things very literally, so I may be being too picky.

Perhaps SB just meant that at some point after the parents got back from the store that IR was talking about fishing etc. I don't remember the Sheriff stating a time. Perhaps they did the setup etc before that? JMO.

I'm hoping for a transcript soon so I can read what SB said about the polygraphs. And how the FBI is looking into behavioral analysis from the POI's interviews. Plus his emphasis on looking for blond toddler that doesn't fit in a new family.

Awesome interview. thanks.

I just listened to the archive, the part I missed the first time through. I transcribed most, but not all, of what the sherriff said; primarily what stood out to me. The parts I did transcribe are verbatim. I stopped at about 6:25

NOTES SHERRIFF INTERVIEW …WHAT THE SHERRIFF SAID
· Initially, store sales person didn’t remember the encounter (with family)

· When parents came back to store several days later, clerk said “Oh yeah, I remember you.”

· (in reference to if clerk saw little Deorr) I’m not sure…I don’t recall her saying specifically..that she remembered the child. She remembered them talking about their child

· Someone, while they were fueling up, said they thought they saw a child in the back seat. But there hasn’t ever been positively stated that there was a child there

· Absolutely no video from the time they left Idaho Falls…where they fueled up..where their vehicle’s seen….someone seen them getting out of the driver’s side to fuel up…no child was ever seen so we don’t have any video

· They start down to the creek…which is about 50 ft below the campground…and it’s not very well observed from the campground…in fact you can’t see it, you can hear it.

And they turned and looked at their son and they asked him if he wanted to stay with Grandpa or go with them and he said, Grandpa. He started walking toward Grandpa, so Mom and Dad go down over the creek with the friend; they start doing some fishing, Grandpa says he’s watching the child, he’s looking at him; momentarily he looks away; when he looks back the child is gone. He assumes….that the child has gone back to mom and dad

Something I didn't catch the first time through:
At about 19:20
Sheriff: We had them (parents) come in and do some sketches on a person that was seen at the store that they thought looked at Deorr suspiciously...we had them come in and do some sketches on them..we showed them around the community in Leadore and we didn't come up with any positive ID..

Look at the words attributed to GGP by DK in the NE interview.

DK: "where is (you know) little DeOrr."
GGP says " I th..he CAME UP to you"

Why would GGP say ..." He came up..." if, in fact, he thought baby DeOrr WENT DOWN to his parents?

I'm tired and can go to bed and sleep, but those who love and miss little Deorr probably can't sleep well ever again.

Well, it seems from the interview that all 4 adults saw DeOrr at the campsite after the visit to the store?

There was an older couple camping in the area too but they were cleared by their local LE. SB doesn't think they even saw DeOrr's family.

SB has told search organisations not to waste their resources looking for DeOrr because every inch of the area has already been searched. There are bears and wolves in the area but he thinks they would have found some clothing it an animal had taken him.

They've been snowed under with false leads from SM and have wasted a lot of time chasing shadows because of it. I'm guessing this is why they are not releasing the sketch to the media - they would get hundreds of false tips from people thinking they may have seen him.

Oh, and I noticed the Sheriff referred to Jessica as DeOrr's wife at one point - just an example of how he could misspeak without it having any important meaning. It doesn't necessarily mean the stories are changing or anything like that.

FWIW
According to this, Sheriff stated they set up camp Thursday night.

"Thursday evening just right around dark time they arrived, set up camp and then Friday morning, somewhere around 10:30 or 11 is when they went to Leadore," Bowerman said.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/3-mo...=social&utm_source=facebook_KIFI_Local_News_8

And here's what Nate stated (original misinformation about the date of arrival, etc)

Nate on Nancy Grace:

Nancy:
But Nate, I want you to tell me about the timeline, OK? It starts Friday afternoon, right?

EATON: Friday afternoon, the family arrives at the campground. They're settled in, setting up their tent, having a good afternoon. The parents decide to go on a walk. They leave the boy with his grandfather and the grandfather's friend.

The parents said they came back about 10 to 15 minutes later. No sign of the boy. Grandpa didn't know where the boy was. He had assumed the boy was with the parents. The parents thought he was with Grandpa.
http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/15/ng.01.html

From the interview
--- parents arrived back at the campground after the store trip
--- IR told them he was catching some fish
--- Parents ask IR to show them where he caught the fish
--- The three of them start toward the creek which is just 50 feet below the campground
--- They turned and asked their son if he wanted to come or stay with GGP
--- DeOrr chose Grandpa and headed toward Grandpa
--- Mom and dad and IR head down to the creek
--- once they step over the edge of the bank GGP cannot see them and parents cannot see campground
--- mom and dad do some fishing
--- GGP is looking at little DeOrr
--- GGP looks away momentarily and DeOrr is not there
--- GGP assumes DeOrr changed his mind and decided to follow parents
--- GGP thinks nothing of it because the parents were real close (just out of sight)

Other notes:
--- Only one couple camping in other campground . They never saw DeOrr at all
--- They helped search for 2 days , they have been completely cleared by police
--- Sheriff says the only reason the parents , GGP and IR are POI's is simply because they were there
--- Parents were not allowed in the official search area (this is routine procedure)
--- So parents camped outside of search area , and searched outside of official search area
--- Sheriff team searched 2 miles of creek
--- They used a Plexiglas tube to look under creek banks and rocks
--- Two scent dogs used the first day and 18 additional dogs used after

From the interview
--- parents arrived back at the campground after the store trip
--- IR told them he was catching some fish
--- Parents ask IR to show them where he caught the fish
--- The three of them start toward the creek which is just 50 feet below the campground
--- They turned and asked their son if he wanted to come or stay with GGP
--- DeOrr chose Grandpa and headed toward Grandpa
--- Mom and dad and IR head down to the creek
--- once they step over the edge of the bank GGP cannot see them and parents cannot see campground
--- mom and dad do some fishing
--- GGP is looking at little DeOrr
--- GGP looks away momentarily and DeOrr is not there
--- GGP assumes DeOrr changed his mind and decided to follow parents
--- GGP thinks nothing of it because the parents were real close (just out of sight)

Other notes:
--- Only one couple camping in other campground . They never saw DeOrr at all
--- They helped search for 2 days , they have been completely cleared by police
--- Sheriff says the only reason the parents , GGP and IR are POI's is simply because they were there
--- Parents were not allowed in the official search area (this is routine procedure)
--- So parents camped outside of search area , and searched outside of official search area
--- Sheriff team searched 2 miles of creek
--- They used a Plexiglas tube to look under creek banks and rocks
--- Two scent dogs used the first day and 18 additional dogs used after

Thanks for the nice summary, Arnie. If you're interested in the full transcript, there's one provided in the media/timeline thread. Link available in one of my previous posts.

FWIW
According to this, Sheriff stated they set up camp Thursday night.

"Thursday evening just right around dark time they arrived, set up camp and then Friday morning, somewhere around 10:30 or 11 is when they went to Leadore," Bowerman said.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/3-mo...=social&utm_source=facebook_KIFI_Local_News_8

And here's what Nate stated (original misinformation about the date of arrival, etc)

Nate on Nancy Grace:

Nancy:
But Nate, I want you to tell me about the timeline, OK? It starts Friday afternoon, right?

EATON: Friday afternoon, the family arrives at the campground. They're settled in, setting up their tent, having a good afternoon. The parents decide to go on a walk. They leave the boy with his grandfather and the grandfather's friend.

The parents said they came back about 10 to 15 minutes later. No sign of the boy. Grandpa didn't know where the boy was. He had assumed the boy was with the parents. The parents thought he was with Grandpa.
http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/15/ng.01.html

Well that explains the 12,000 posts of confusion on the DeOrr case

--- A sensational reporter (Nancy Grace Show) interviewing other reporters
--- then interview a former detective from LA
--- then toss in a pathologist who talks about mountain lions
--- then interview some defense attorney from Atlanta
--- then Marc Klass foundation talks about bears
--- then Matt Zarrel says parents 50 yards away - it was only 50 FEET
--- then a clinical psychologist comes on and says DeOrr should have
extreme separation anxiety if he was separated from his cup and stuffed toy

Unbelievable !!!

Now we know the origins of the 12,000 wacky posts ... a missing child case that got Hollywooded

Is this the same local news that reported (and called family) that this little boy was found safe at a MN campground? Is SM (Social Media) to blame? Or do we need to get heavy on the local news Media (LMN) when they just pick up and run with the first rumor they get on their desk?
Well that explains the 12,000 posts of confusion on the DeOrr case

--- A sensational reporter (Nancy Grace Show) interviewing other reporters
--- then interview a former detective from LA
--- then toss in a pathologist who talks about mountain lions
--- then interview some defense attorney from Atlanta
--- then Marc Klass foundation talks about bears
--- then Matt Zarrel says parents 50 yards away - it was only 50 FEET
--- then a clinical psychologist comes on and says DeOrr should have
extreme separation anxiety if he was separated from his cup and stuffed toy

Unbelievable !!!

Now we know the origins of the 12,000 wacky posts ... a missing child case that got Hollywooded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon