ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree. Hikers tune into nature and the environment and may very well locate something. Hunters are used to keeping their eyes on the ground in search of signs that will lead them to that trophy. Keen eyes looking in the right place may eventually turn up some clues.

I also agree...In the Lost Dog Recovery group I volunteer with, just yesterday (first day of deer hunting), a lost dog was spotted by hunters, owners called and they got him!

Is it significant that the sheriff's office refused to comment on whether the parents are suspects or not? In the past, hasn't Bowerman always been quick to say that they are *not* suspects? Has something changed, I wonder.

I don't think that's anything new. The very next sentence states that SB is refusing to comment about any possible suspects in the case because it's still an ongoing investigation (paraphrasing).

I also agree...In the Lost Dog Recovery group I volunteer with, just yesterday (first day of deer hunting), a lost dog was spotted, owners called and they got him!

What a sweet outcome for that doggie and it's family. Thanks mickshawn for that happy story!

Deputy Penner added that at 2.8 miles, 95% of people are found. Maybe SB's comment that "we really should have found him" was merely based on that statistic.

The more I read the more I am convinced nobody knows what happened to DeOrr.

Imagine a little two year old boy disappearing without a trace.

This has to be one for the books. Local LE, SAR, FBI, Parents and nobody seems to be able to figure it out.

Gone in 4 - 10 minutes time without a trace. Wow.

Nobody heard anything, saw anything and not a clue left behind. Wow again.

MOO

The more I read the more I am convinced nobody knows what happened to DeOrr.

Imagine a little two year old boy disappearing without a trace.

This has to be one for the books. Local LE, SAR, FBI, Parents and nobody seems to be able to figure it out.

Gone in 4 - 10 minutes time without a trace. Wow.

Nobody heard anything, saw anything and not a clue left behind. Wow again.

MOO

Yes, Wow! BUT! There HAVE been cases where the same thing has happened. Vanished! There one minute - gone the next!

If they left Deorr at close to 2:00 and were gone for any period of time (fishing/exploring), returned and searched for an hour, the time of the 911 (2:36 pm) is impossible. MOO. Perhaps they left him with GGP closer to 1:00?

Would it help if the parents issued a statement saying they were not involved? Have other innocent parents done that? Did Ed Smart and his wife say publicly they were not involved with their daughter's disappearance? Mark Klaas? I'm just wondering if there is a reason to remain silent on that. It seems to me that it would improve the public's perception of them if they would be more adamant that they know nothing and are not involved. MOO.

How can the family order C & D letters at this point? People are going to voice their opinion.

and now we find out that little deorr was last seen by a rock???? why was this not said three months ago?

jmo.

If they left Deorr at close to 2:00 and were gone for any period of time (fishing/exploring), returned and searched for an hour, the time of the 911 (2:36 pm) is impossible. MOO. Perhaps they left him with GGP closer to 1:00?

Would it help if the parents issued a statement saying they were not involved? Have other innocent parents done that? Did Ed Smart and his wife say publicly they were not involved with their daughter's disappearance? Mark Klaas? I'm just wondering if there is a reason to remain silent on that. It seems to me that it would improve the public's perception of them if they would be more adamant that they know nothing and are not involved. MOO.

1. What was the original timeline?
2. If I was them, I would get on national televison and tell the world that I had nothing to do with my child's vanishing.

jmo

It doesn't really matter much because if the parents did issue a statement then some would conclude that that in its self equals guilt. Its a damn if they do damn if they don't.

I think they probably left DeOrr closer to 1pm but that's just me.

1. What was the original timeline?
2. If I was them, I would get on national televison and tell the world that I had nothing to do with my child's vanishing.

jmo

RE: 2 ... Would that help things or make them worse?

When one of my kids tells me that he didn't do something when I wasn't even asking if he did, it immediately pings my radar. It would almost be giving the SM rumors a veneer of legitimacy. The parents may prefer to ignore the rumors and not give them any more attention than they deserve.

I dunno. Just thinking out loud, really. I have no idea how I'd react in a similar situation.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/ne...-a-trace/article_10d44717-75dc-5601-aa30-5726

It was during this 7- to 10-minute time period when nobody was watching him that DeOrr apparently disappeared.

Wasn't it originally 20 minutes, then 4 minutes and now it's 7-10 minutes?

And the reason why it took them an hour before 911 was called does not make any sense either.

jmo

I'm going with what the sheriff was quoted as saying:

"At 2:30 p.m. on July 10, the child's 25-year-old mother, Jessica Mitchell, called 911 from the campsite to report her son missing. Mitchell and the boy's father, Deorr Kunz Sr., said they left their son with his great-grandfather while they went off to explore. The great-grandfather believed the boy was with his parents, according to police.

What happened during the 20 to 45 minutes the child was alone is a mystery to authorities, said Bowerman, who noted "all possibilities" are being investigated."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...den-yield-no-clues-in-hunt-for-idaho-toddler/

I'm not remembering exactly what was said about 2:00 and DeOrr's nap time. Could you post that link?

I think SB is still saying the same thing. Not suspects and not naming suspects are the same, IMO. Of course, SB can't be too happy with the family because they have outright stated that something was missed in the search which was being critical of SB. He may have decided to change his wording because of that. I get that some won't think he would do that just because he's been criticized, but I think he would. IMO, of course.

ETA: Please explain what you mean by so much SM for those of us who don't "do" social media.
In the unedited interview Deorr sr said after searching 20 min or so they called for help. Then after that he said it was around 2 when they left him with GGP.

So idk. Its hard for me personally to take anything as fact at this point unless if its coming directly from someone who was there or LE. I mean unless if I hear the parents them self say something different then their story hasn't changed.

I'm going with what the sheriff was quoted as saying:

"At 2:30 p.m. on July 10, the child's 25-year-old mother, Jessica Mitchell, called 911 from the campsite to report her son missing. Mitchell and the boy's father, Deorr Kunz Sr., said they left their son with his great-grandfather while they went off to explore. The great-grandfather believed the boy was with his parents, according to police.

What happened during the 20 to 45 minutes the child was alone is a mystery to authorities, said Bowerman, who noted "all possibilities" are being investigated."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...den-yield-no-clues-in-hunt-for-idaho-toddler/

I think I will too.

It doesn't really matter much because if the parents did issue a statement then some would conclude that that in its self equals guilt. Its a damn if they do damn if they don't.

I think they probably left DeOrr closer to 1pm but that's just me.

If they're damned if they do and damned if they don't, then it doesn't matter either way. Clearly saying nothing isn't helping, so make the statement. MOO.

ETA: they could even do a written statement and have the grandma read it so they don't have to worry about their speech being analyzed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot