ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it completely reasonable that the dad jumped in his truck and hauled it down the road about a half mile. He didn't think he could get a good signal, didn't want to drop the call, and most men are like that - just take action.

Do you mean the news you posted was on the Twin Falls sheriff site and you are looking for a news site? Here is a story from July 21 from KTVB Boise.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...riffs-office-calling-in-air-support/30466883/

Here's the July 22 story from East Idaho News
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

Or maybe that's not what you meant :)
I still don't get why they posted the "updated" story from KMVT yesterday, but nothing appeared different from July.

Twin Falls Sheriff's Office added 8 new photos — in Lemhi, Idaho.

July 26 · Edited ·

Twin Falls County deputies are headed to Lemhi County to help in the search for a missing toddler.

Deputies are helping to look for 2 year old toddler DeOrr Kunz Jr., who went missing while camping with family near Salmon, Idaho.

Twin Falls County Sheriff Tom Carter sent Chief Deputy Don Newman, Lt. Daron Brown, Sgt. Dave Benefiel, and Deputy Jake Benson. They left last Wednesday, and took with them two drones, a Razor, and two 4-wheelers to use in the search.

Newman and Benefiel will be piloting the drones, Benson has a good knowledge of the search area, and Lt. Brown’s has vast experience leading search and rescue efforts.

Have driven myself nuts this afternoon working and trying to remember where I saw drone info. Know I saw it on MSM somewhere but this was as close as I could find after getting home. It's on Twin Falls but I know I've seen it on a news site?

Do you mean the news you posted was on the Twin Falls sheriff site and you are looking for a news site? Here is a story from July 21 from KTVB Boise.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...riffs-office-calling-in-air-support/30466883/

Here's the July 22 story from East Idaho News
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

Or maybe that's not what you meant :)
I still don't get why they posted the "updated" story from KMVT yesterday, but nothing appeared different from July.
Thank you ReadySet for finding this! I'm with you, why they posted this "updated" story on 4 month mark in the search for this baby has me just scratching my head AND really hoping there's really a new drone search at least.

Had a lot of catching up to do, and that's a good thing....people are still looking for this baby.

My gut tells me these parents have no involvement in the disappearance of DK Jr (other than not being aware of the danger he was in out in the wild while they went off to "explore"). They are much more open, honest, present, and active than many other parents of missing kids.

I think he's in the water, or was carried off by wildlife: searchers missed him.

I look back over (low and) high-profile cases in recent years, and my heart really hurts for these two parents. Yes, they are naive, media-inept, prone to spew a few four-letter words, and take inordinate offense to suspicion directed at them on SM. But at least they are constantly out there, searching, looking, hoping, praying, keeping little Deorr's name in the spotlight...unlike so many we've seen in recent years. (Baby Lisa, Isabel, Brendan Creato...I could go on and on, and so could you all.)

Hoping these drones or new searches find something to bring this little boy home, and that physical evidence will provide closure for his family.

I'm curious...what is everyone else's instinctual feeling on this, with the info released after 4 months? (If I'm not allowed to ask this, somebody please censor that last comment, and start a poll or something that we can link to if there isn't already one.)

You know when Deorr's dad drove off somewhere to get a better signal to call the police, how far did he go?

I think DK said half a mile down the road in the first interview he and JM did with Nate. I have watched it many times now trying to recall various facts. DK explains the trip three different times in the interview (in fact it was the first subject he brought up--without even being asked). So I got the feeling it is something he felt people wondered about and felt he needed to explain. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think DK said half a mile down the road in the first interview he and JM did with Nate. I have watched it many times now trying to recall various facts. DK explains the trip three different times in the interview (in fact it was the first subject he brought up--without even being asked). So I got the feeling it is something he felt people wondered about and felt he needed to explain. IMO.

And isn't it a shame he felt that people would wonder about it since there is such a sensible and plausible explanation. I feel he was beside himself after searching for 20 minutes and finding nothing of DeOrr's and while mom was calling (He was sure that would fail) he hauled down the road a half a mile so he could get a better signal. It was confirmed through the 911 emergency call. It means nothing more than that, a dad who needed to do something.

Snips from long article:

"A news release from Lemhi County said 911 dispatch received a call from family members Friday afternoon around 2:35 that "their son had been missing for an hour."

"KPVI News 6 was in the area all day, and spoke to search and rescue volunteers and the sheriff's office about the search to find Deorr.

"We have five boys of our own and I would want all the help in the world and resources that I would need as a parent if I lost one of my boys,” says Kari Jones, Search Volunteer."

150 were persons assigned on the search and as of 9 a.m. Sunday, they'd conducted a "comprehensive search of a 2 1/2 mile radius from the campground."

(Lemhi County Sheriff's Incident Commander Dave) Morelli tells Local News 8 on Sunday, "We haven't found anything in this area and I'm quite confident it's been covered very thorough. We're gonna start our expansion."

"Family members have taken to Facebook:

An aunt posts: "Little man is missing and has possibly been abducted. Vehicles to look out for is older light blue GMC/Chevy late 80s early 90s, also possibly a black truck - unknown model."

http://www.kpvi.com/mostpopular/sto...-Two-Year-Old-Boy/Q63x1dIBxk6Lks3AxbZPuQ.cspx

I haven't found other quotes from Dave Morelli even though he's referred to as the Incident Commander. Who is he? Can anyone find his quotes? tia

And isn't it a shame he felt that people would wonder about it since there is such a sensible and plausible explanation. I feel he was beside himself after searching for 20 minutes and finding nothing of DeOrr's and while mom was calling (He was sure that would fail) he hauled down the road a half a mile so he could get a better signal. It was confirmed through the 911 emergency call. It means nothing more than that, a dad who needed to do something.

He said JM was very, very lucky to get through to 911 and he felt blessed by that. So it seems he didn't expect that her phone would have service. Considering that he, himself, also got through, I imagine he was doubly relieved at such a distressing time.

Snips from long article:

"A news release from Lemhi County said 911 dispatch received a call from family members Friday afternoon around 2:35 that "their son had been missing for an hour."

"KPVI News 6 was in the area all day, and spoke to search and rescue volunteers and the sheriff's office about the search to find Deorr.

"We have five boys of our own and I would want all the help in the world and resources that I would need as a parent if I lost one of my boys,” says Kari Jones, Search Volunteer."

150 were persons assigned on the search and as of 9 a.m. Sunday, they'd conducted a "comprehensive search of a 2 1/2 mile radius from the campground."

(Lemhi County Sheriff's Incident Commander Dave) Morelli tells Local News 8 on Sunday, "We haven't found anything in this area and I'm quite confident it's been covered very thorough. We're gonna start our expansion."

An aunt posts: "Little man is missing and has possibly been abducted. Vehicles to look out for is older light blue GMC/Chevy late 80s early 90s, also possibly a black truck - unknown model."

http://www.kpvi.com/mostpopular/sto...-Two-Year-Old-Boy/Q63x1dIBxk6Lks3AxbZPuQ.cspx

I haven't found other quotes from Dave Morelli even though he's referred to as the Incident Commander. Who is he? Can anyone find his quotes? tia

He is listed as Leadore Reserve Deputy on the sheriff's office page on lemhicountyidaho.org

Does anyone know, has it been reported how quickly LE showed up?

I think I heard in the video Jessica referred to about one hour. i'd have to go back for another listen.

Besides ggp. I want to know the paths that were searched before the cops were called. 3 able bodies would have covered more ground fairly quickly. So did they split up. Or simply search together.

Besides ggp. I want to know the paths that were searched before the cops were called. 3 able bodies would have covered more ground fairly quickly. So did they split up. Or simply search together.
I wonder how able-bodied or constructive IR really is. Something seems to be missing there, I don't know what.

Some pics of ggp friend looks ......

Now I'm not blaming the poor man since he was probably there to relax while maybe assisting ggp with the drive and whatever else. But he would sure be on my radar in a situation like this. Especially if we were the only people camping. Jmo.

But since he is cleared. Then all I can do is feel sorry about blaming him. And to avoid a vacation. I will leave it at that.

Well I'm not going to blame him either but there seems to be a lack of motivation, urgency or maybe seriousness that he's displayed in interviews. He might not be too effective in a search and GGP couldn't help him because of his COPD.

Snips from long article:

The quote by the Aunt about the 2 vehicles is still really bugging me. WHO drives these vehicles? Sounds like she knows.

I just emailed KMVT who ran the updated story on DeOrr that seems old to ask in what way it was updated.

The quote by the Aunt about the 2 vehicles is still really bugging me. WHO drives these vehicles? Sounds like she knows.
This is totally rumor, but it was mentioned that the light blue vehicle was seen heading in the opposite direction on that road as one of the first responders was coming in. But it was never mentioned again so I am guessing if the vehicle was indeed spotted, they were probably cleared.

The black truck comes from the whole "man in a black truck buying candy for a screaming, dirty, blonde boy at 6pm" thing. I think they put the black truck thing out there just in case.

Some pics of ggp friend looks ......

Now I'm not blaming the poor man since he was probably there to relax while maybe assisting ggp with the drive and whatever else. But he would sure be on my radar in a situation like this. Especially if we were the only people camping. Jmo.

But since he is cleared. Then all I can do is feel sorry about blaming him. And to avoid a vacation. I will leave it at that.

He was cleared ? I missed that, I thought he is still considered a POI.

They are all considered POI because they were there. But I feel like if he did anything, there would be evidence of that. Could LE check his phone records, for example? I know the parents' house was searched but there was no mention of his house being searched. But he had no vehicle.

Yes, he has a record but only that one charge/ conviction that implies any violence I think. And we don't know the circumstances behind that or what actually happened.

Yes, his interview was bizarre. But I think back to other cases in the past where people have been witch-hunted for being different and not fitting in, and I'm very reluctant to suspect someone of a crime just because they seem a bit off-the-wall.

I'm *not* saying that he has any problems like these, but I can think of cases in the past where people with mental illnesses, developmental delays, autism, or just people who were eccentric, were actually convicted of crimes and locked up, and later proved to be completely innocent. But they just "seemed" like the "type" who would do something like that, so they were convicted on flimsy circumstantial evidence. No. It's too easy to pick on people who don't fit in, or people with problems that make them an easy target.

They are all considered POI because they were there. But I feel like if he did anything, there would be evidence of that. Could LE check his phone records, for example? I know the parents' house was searched but there was no mention of his house being searched. But he had no vehicle.

Yes, he has a record but only that one charge/ conviction that implies any violence I think. And we don't know the circumstances behind that or what actually happened.

Yes, his interview was bizarre. But I think back to other cases in the past where people have been witch-hunted for being different and not fitting in, and I'm very reluctant to suspect someone of a crime just because they seem a bit off-the-wall.

I can think of cases in the past where people with mental illnesses, developmental delays, autism, or just people who were eccentric, were actually convicted of crimes and locked up, and later proved to be completely innocent. But they just "seemed" like the "type" who would do something like that, so they were convicted on flimsy circumstantial evidence. No. It's too easy to pick on people who don't fit in, or people with problems that make them an easy target.

Oh, I hadn't heard he has developmental delays or is mentally ill though I suppose anything's possibile, and if so I certainly agree with you on that point.

As far as his interview I actually don't place much credence on it at all because of the way it was done and handled. I mean if a reporter had shown up at my door like that I either wouldn't have answered or I would have slammed the door in his face, to hell with what they think / say. It was very apparent that the guy had obviously just awakened either from a very, very deep sleep or maybe he'd pulled an all nighter, or both. Whatever it was he wasn't exactly on top of his game.

Either way, I thought he was still a POI, therefore not cleared, which is what I was trying to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leledragon24