ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bessie, JM may have made statements in MSM that she was suspicious of IR, but the only place I saw it was on a FB group, where participated in a Q&A. I know we can't discuss it in that case.

Does anyone know if JM made those same statements commenting on a news outlet's FB? Or if this was reported in MSM?

And DERP....does my whole post need to be snipped?
I'm not going to snip your post Ellie, because I asked the question. Unless someone has an approved link to offer, the discussion stops here.

Thanks.

I'm not going to snip your post Ellie, because I asked the question. Unless someone has an approved link to offer, the discussion stops here.

Thanks.

Thanks, Bessie, and I am looking.

So the Klein group was engaged by members of the "extended family". That sounds to me as though the extended family may blame one of the parents. Someone said the parents are no longer a couple.

I have wondered if it's possible that JM, recently separated from Sr. might have come forward with previously withheld information. She's been worried about SM speculation and rumors from the beginning. Any info she brought forward would implicate herself in some fashion. LE may not feel safe enough to rule her out as a suspect without confirming Sr. himself was the only responsible party for murder/manslaughter/whatever horrible charge there might be. I'm not sure how trustworthy LE would see a possibly angry ex, especially considering they've been untruthful from the beginning.. JM might have gone to LE first thinking the break-up might cause Sr. to go to LE with his side of the story and implicate her. This is just me rambling off some different ideas, so imo, moo, of course.

Also, do we know for sure what vehicle Deorr drove to camp. A black truck for sure, but I've been looking through google images and videos and I can't seem to find a picture of it anywhere. I could have sworn in one of the early videos it made an appearance.

It certainly sounds as if their story has changed at least somewhat (to what degree is not clear).

"Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told KTVB that Jessica Mitchell and Deorr Kunz Sr. have been 'less than truthful' since the investigation began. 'They refused to give us any further information to clear up the untruthfulness and they've changed their story on numerous occasions,' he said." bbm

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crim...-parents-suspects-his-disappearance/79301014/

You know, true stories always change somewhat. Just because a story doesn't always come out the exact same way doesn't mean the story is "less than truthful". When recalling something, seldom will it be recalled the exact same way every time. Then Saturday when they wouldn't (because they don't KNOW!) give SB what he wanted (demanded), he may have threatened that he would name them suspects and they ended the interview. Of course, My guess would be he interviewed IR before interviewing DK and JM and IR told the sheriff something that led the sheriff to believe DK and JM did and knew something they didn't and don't. So, sheriff called DK and JM in for this interview and it ends up to be unsuccessful because DK and JM refuse to say they are guilty of something when they are not.

I will be the first to admit I am very surprised. Especially the father , during media interviews he always blurted out his answers in a straightforward manner , I did not sense deception or rehearsed answers.

Having said that , we should err on the side of caution in regards to inconsistent stories , inconsistent statements or deception by the parents , they could very well be trying to cover up other (inappropriate) things they may have been doing around that timeline (drugs) (not watching the child properly)

It would not be the first time that hiding what you were actually doing implicated you in something you were not doing. David Milgaard is a perfect example. A nurse had been murdered , he was in the vicinity , he was the only stranger in the peaceful little town , he had a record , he used drugs and alcohol , he was deceptive in all his police interviews, his story kept changing , he was found guilty and spent 23 years in jail.

He was innocent. DNA cleared him . Why were his statements deceptive ? Why did his timelines fail to reconcile ? Because he had been busy doing break-ins , and drugs , and drinking , and he lied left and right about his whereabouts .... he never took the nurse-murder questioning seriously because he knew he did not do it .... but by the time he told police the truth they had stopped believing anything he said . So did the jury.

Sorry for the ramble. Deception may be for other reasons , and we should keep that in mind. Thank you. If the parents did something to DeOrr , other than maybe accidental , I will eat my hat , and my shoes , and some humble pie.

I agree that there are different reasons for deception, but this was about finding their beloved child. Any deception could hurt the chances of finding him. I appreciate your caution, but it their responsibility to protect their child, and part of that means being truthful about the facts when he is missing and in danger. There just is no excuse in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe IR has anything to do with this. JMO

You know, true stories always change somewhat. Just because a story doesn't always come out the exact same way doesn't mean the story is "less than truthful". When recalling something, seldom will it be recalled the exact same way every time. Then Saturday when they wouldn't (because they don't KNOW!) give SB what he wanted (demanded), he threatened them and they ended the interview. Of course, My guess would be he interviewed IR before interviewing DK and JM and IR told the sheriff something that led the sheriff to believe DK and JM did and knew something they didn't and don't. So, sheriff called DK and JM in for this interview and it ends up to be unsuccessful because DK and JM refuse to say they are guilty of something when they are not.

IMO, little details being added or left out wouldn't cause the sheriff to openly call them out for being untruthful. I'm guessing it's been major inconsistencies, like who was with who when Deorr "disappeared", when the last time they saw Deorr and what he was doing at that time, if GGP was supposed to be watching him, etc. I don't think it's a difference between we left for 20 minutes to fish and we left for 20 minutes to explore.

The only case I can refer to offhand are the cousins in Iowa. One set of parents were accused of not cooperating when they refused to take more than one lie detector test and refused to turn over a cell phone. I don't think they were guilty, but they definitely felt pressure from LE that they were guilty. I can't imagine how one must feel when they log onto the internet and see that they have been named as suspects in a missing child case. LE can play hardball when it gets down to the nitty gritty. Sounds like the parents were very cooperative in the beginning.

Sorry to interrupt but I can't help notice that several posters had clearly stated that DK and JM failed their polygraphs. I don't know if this is because they haven't actually read what SB said or because they choose to call an inconclusive a FAIL, which it certainly is not. For an accurate record, should anyone be interested in one, DK and JM did not fail any polygraphs. Neither did GGPA and IR. Theirs were also inconclusive.

I find it more than a little strange that all 4 of them came up inconclusive in certain areas of the poly. I mean, what are the odds on that? This fact alone gets my hinky meter dancing.

:cow:

I hope we find out more about the timeline soon.

http://590kid.com/2016/01/25/new-lemhi-sheriff-speaks-to-kid-about-deorr-kunz-jr-s-parent/

Interesting audio interview with the Sheriff. Not much that we haven't already heard, but at the end of the Q&A, he was asked if he thought anyone other than the four adults that were present knows anything. He said, "Absolutely." Hmm...I wonder who that could be?
In all, it doesn't seem like they have very much solid information. He doesn't rule out the possibility that baby DeOrr is alive, but IMO it sounds like he doesn't have much hope that he is.
I'm so sad, but until they find him or there is a confession, I'm going to keep hoping and praying, even if it's difficult to imagine a scenario in which he's still alive.

In this interview, I FINALLY heard SB say that he believes little DeOrr actually WAS at the campsite....That's something I've been wondering for a real long time.

I also still have the feeling that LE/FBI knows WAAAAYYY more than any of us.

Please explain. TIA.

More than one place, but I think after you asked this you said end of discussion, so I will play it safe and won't elaborate.

You know, true stories always change somewhat. Just because a story doesn't always come out the exact same way doesn't mean the story is "less than truthful". When recalling something, seldom will it be recalled the exact same way every time. Then Saturday when they wouldn't (because they don't KNOW!) give SB what he wanted (demanded), he threatened them and they ended the interview. Of course, My guess would be he interviewed IR before interviewing DK and JM and IR told the sheriff something that led the sheriff to believe DK and JM did and knew something they didn't and don't. So, sheriff called DK and JM in for this interview and it ends up to be unsuccessful because DK and JM refuse to say they are guilty of something when they are not.

But...the less than truthful comment wasn't just regarding this past interview. He said that they've been telling conflicting stories since the beginning and were less than truthful during the polygraphs and interviews.
I wish we knew what specific items LE knows they've been less than truthful about, but as is normal, they seem to be holding their cards close to the vest.

If they truly didn't know, the results would probably not read as inconclusive. I have a strange feeling that they were not inconclusive but rather showed deception and after the FBI did its analysis which concluded the same thing, it was time to name them as suspects.

<modsnip>

I distinctly remember hearing the word "deception" in one of the interviews with Bowerman that was posted earlier today. The comment he made was something like multiple polygraph tests were taken and DK and JM tests showed deception. However, I just went back and tried to find that interview and it seems like all of the videos have been updated to say"less than truthful" instead of using the word deception.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/mem...0258a890e.html

“We don’t want an issue of double jeopardy or filing the wrong charges,” Bowerman said. “We don’t want to charge anybody with something like a homicide and find out later the boy’s death was accidental."
Its comments like this that make me think its half hype. I mean its like sb wants to scare them into saying they accidentally hurt DeOrr which makes me wonder just how much evidence they have then.

I find it more than a little strange that all 4 of them came up inconclusive in certain areas of the poly. I mean, what are the odds on that? This fact alone gets my hinky meter dancing.

:cow:
Bowerman said polygraph tests were administered to the four known people who were with DeOrr when he disappeared. These four people were the boy&#8217;s parents, his grandfather Robert Walton and family friend Isaac Reinwand.

Walton's and Reinwand&#8217;s polygraph tests came back inconclusive. But Bowerman said authorities were expecting that because Walton and Reinwand had undisclosed health problems known to affect polygraph results.

However, Bowerman said the polygraph tests indicated that the boy&#8217;s parents were not being upfront with some of the authorities&#8217; questions.
http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_156ed875-b71c-57e6-b472-eea0258a890e.html

I also still have the feeling that LE/FBI knows WAAAAYYY more than any of us.

So true! I think we know the tip of the iceberg. The sheriff has been so safe and careful and patient. Good man.

The only case I can refer to offhand are the cousins in Iowa. One set of parents were accused of not cooperating when they refused to take more than one lie detector test and refused to turn over a cell phone. I don't think they were guilty, but they definitely felt pressure from LE that they were guilty. I can't imagine how one must feel when they log onto the internet and see that they have been named as suspects in a missing child case. LE can play hardball when it gets down to the nitty gritty. Sounds like the parents were very cooperative in the beginning.

<BBM for Focus>

IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...8-and-Lyric-Cook-10-Evansdale-13-July-2012-37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaseyBee