ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm a pessimist, I don't think Nate's interview with IR is going to contain anything "breaking", they would be promoting it that way if it did imo. Maybe there will be an updated promo before it comes out that includes something like that.

Stating the obvious here, but why would the parents insist they thought it was an abduction when they were right by a rushing river? Wouldn't the first thought - whether innocent or guilty - be that the child fell into the river?

Not sure what to make of that. Maybe, if they are guilty, they put him in that river.

JMO, speculating.

Jessica Lyn (Birch) Mitchell b. 1990 is DeOrr's mom.

<modsnip>

DeOrr's mom, Jessica Lyn Birch, was charged with Driving Without Privileges on 12/08/2015, and her case is still pending. She plead not guilty and there is a pretrial conference scheduled for 02/11/2016. It's interesting that it's under Birch and not Mitchell - is she still going by the name Birch?

ETA: The three sealed cases are <modsnip> not DeOrr's mom.

I am shocked that Jessica is only two years older than me. I never gave any thought to her age before, and it's not as if I would have guessed much older than 25, but I think this may be the first case I've followed where the suspect is very close to my age (that I'm aware of) and the reporting isn't focused on how young he or she is.

Not followed this case much but I hope this little guy is found soon, so sad we are into another year and no news.

What I did find strange is there are no open groups on FB regarding finding him etc. All closed.

Anyway, hope the family get answers soon.

Here's a local news story that I watched last night. The sheriff is asking people to back off from supporting the family...
http://www.kivitv.com/news/sheriff-names-parents-of-missing-child-as-suspects
And in case this hasn't been posted, an almost 4 minute phone interview Boise, Idaho station Fox 9 did with Sheriff Bowerman:
https://soundcloud.com/idaho-on-your-side/sheriff-bowerman-on-deorr-kunz-case

I don't see that mentioned in the local story.

<modsnip>

DeOrr's mom, Jessica Lyn Birch, was charged with Driving Without Privileges on 12/08/2015, and her case is still pending. She plead not guilty and there is a pretrial conference scheduled for 02/11/2016. It's interesting that it's under Birch and not Mitchell - is she still going by the name Birch?

What is "driving without privileges"? Does it mean driving without a license?

I'm glad to hear this..

DeOrr's grandmother says the family is no longer asking for money, but the website -- Miracles For Little Man -- will remain online.

Trina Clegg says someone else is running the website. Any future money that comes in will go toward other missing children's cases.
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crim...-parents-suspects-his-disappearance/79301014/

If someone wanted to donate to other missing childrens support services it might be a good idea to pick a 501c3 organization with records and reciepts. Jmo.

I cannot wait to hear what IR has to say- this poor little guy needs to have somebody step up and bring justice! I've ALWAYS been suspicious of the fact that DKS drove off to make that 2nd 911 call...

I'm glad to hear this..

DeOrr's grandmother says the family is no longer asking for money, but the website -- Miracles For Little Man -- will remain online.

Trina Clegg says someone else is running the website. Any future money that comes in will go toward other missing children's cases.
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crim...-parents-suspects-his-disappearance/79301014/

Maybe DeOrr's name/donations in his name can be used to locate other missing kids. I hope that brings some measure of peace to TC.

I don't know why, but I do know back in the beginning, they weren't sealed. Maybe when the investigation turned? Maybe when the FBI got involved?

Maybe that's a different person with the same name?

I cannot wait to hear what IR has to say- this poor little guy needs to have somebody step up and bring justice! I've ALWAYS been suspicious of the fact that DKS drove off to make that 2nd 911 call...

You and me both. But who knows...

I hope the right questions have been asked of IR in this interview. No1 being "did you see DeOrr at the campground"?

I don't see that mentioned in the local story.

When I say "local" I mean Boise, ID (where I live), which is 4 hours away from Idaho Falls. Listen to the entire phone interview with the sheriff: https://soundcloud.com/idaho-on-your-side/sheriff-bowerman-on-deorr-kunz-case. At around the 3 minute mark is where he says he has had numerous questions from the public as to whether or not to donate to this family and that's when he emphasizes that the family is being less than truthful in their polygraphs and that the public should consider this aspect before they go supporting the family with money donations.

I don't think anything in msm has said IR has any kind of mental disability or illness, has it? It seems to be an assumption a lot of people are making based on his bizarre first interview, but there could have been a number of reasons for that (eg. Just being half asleep!)

I know the sheriff said something about ir's mental state meaning the polygraph was inconclusive, but that too could mean a number of things. Eg he could just suffer from anxiety, as many people do.

<modsnip>

Well then, there ya go! Thanks desert-blue! I've even read on here that the cases were sealed right after the FBI entered this case. Turns out, it's not even the same Jessica Mitchell!! It's really hard to even know what to say :(

All they've released is "changing stories." They're not showing their cards yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Agree. SB knows, that after being named a suspect, they will most likely lawyer up and shut up. They must feel, while working with all the different agencies, that they have enough evidence to take these parents to trial. I think SB knew pretty quickly (IMO) thus, the documentation of the search by aerial drone.

What is "driving without privileges"? Does it mean driving without a license?
It's a little different, it means her driving privileges have been either suspended or revoked completely. Driving without a license is a charge for someone who has never had a license or they don't have a valid current one.

They didn't *need* public donations to hire a PI, they just weren't willing to use their own money for something they knew was fruitless. They could have found money to help find DeOrr, but chose not to. And chose to let the public give the money instead. But when it comes to protecting themselves, they are willing to use their own money. All just MOO.

I've wondered if they ever requested help from Texas Equusearch, and if not, why. Surely Sheriff B would have agreed to let them search. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne