ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: G'GPA vs. Parents

Bowerman:
He struggles with remembering certain things, and I think he gets frustrated quicker. You ask him something and sometimes he’ll say, “Yeah, maybe that’s what happened,” because he doesn’t truly remember. I can’t say his stories have been inconsistent. He just hasn’t been as knowledgable and forthcoming as the parents. The parents have been very forthcoming. I just don’t think it’s been truthful information.

Eaton: And the story has changed.

Bowerman: Absolutely.

Eaton: It’s important to note these just aren’t tests you guys are doing. These are FBI polygraph tests.

Bowerman: Absolutely.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/sheriff-i-just-pray-little-deorr-will-be-found/

• At some point in the afternoon DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Mitchell go for a hike leaving the then 2 1/2-year-old in the care of his great-grandfather, Robert Walton. Walton later tells investigators he thinks the child went over the bank to meet with his parents.
• About 15 minutes later the parents make their way to a part of a creek where friend, Isaac Reinwand, was fishing for minnows.
• The parents go to grab DeOrr and show him the minnows, but cannot find him.
link
http://magicvalley.com/news/local/c...cle_42d82c8a-71b8-5324-82eb-7c38a0020b9b.html

Do people really fish for minnows? With a fishing pole?

I asked him to clarify, and Sheriff Bowerman was very clear on that point. According to IR, DeOrr was alive and well at least as late as approximately 1:10 P.M. to 1:30-ish P.M.

It appears that Sheriff Bowerman may believe Isaac was truthful in his statement that he saw Deorr alive at approximately 1:10 PM. However, this is still not fact, so although it may be true, I still will not rule out fully that Deorr went missing prior to said approximate time. I am a "just the facts Jack" person, yet I also speculate and theorize, trying to always to remain mindful of what has and has not been established as fact.

Does anyone have the transcript q &a from last night's show? Was there any bombshell mentionings?

The sheriff has stated that no one saw DeOrr with 100% certainty at any point on the trip.

Bowerman: I’m fairly confident DeOrr was there. I can’t find anybody that says they’re 100 percent positive he was there, but I feel fairly confident he was there at one time.

Well surely IR must know one way or the other (like, 100% sure) whether there was a small blond child running around the place. So has he said he's not sure?! :thinking:

My opinion is not the favorite but I am not that suspicious of the parents. Out of the 4 POI the only person I am remotely suspicious of is and continues to be IR. At least to me he seems like the smartest one of the whole group and his consistent account from that day almost seems coached which is in part due to him being smart enough to hire a lawyer from day one.

Whatever happened that day to that poor little boy I just hope he is one day recovered so those that loved him can finally stop the torture of wondering and waiting for answers. I can't imagine going through life never knowing what happened to someone I loved.

This is something I always thought was weird. DeOrr was going to stay with GGP and take his nap, but JM and DK went back after 50 yards/10 minutes because DK saw a minnow he thought DeOrr would want to see. First of all - it took them 10 minutes to walk 50 yards? Second - DeOrr was supposed to be napping why would they go back for him so quickly?

I don't think IR would bother catching minnows.

I understood the 50 yards/10 minutes meant they were 50 yards away FOR ten minutes. Not that it took them ten minutes to walk 50 yards. All the dad said was that it was "close" to DeOrr's nap time. Why would they "have" to believe he was sleeping ten minutes after they left him?

Minnows would have been used for bait. When we go fishing in a creek, we always catch our own minnows. Fish will bite on bait that is a part of their diet more easily than foreign bait. IMO

The way I read the article is it was not just the polygraphs. It sounds like they were interviewed by LE and inconsistencies there as well.

"they were being less than truthful on their polygraphs. Plus there are a lot of irregularities and discrepancies in their interviews"

"I can’t find anybody that says they’re 100 percent positive he was there...."

Regarding the friend....
"He’s probably been more consistent on his story from the very beginning. We haven’t seen any of the big discrepancies with him."

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/sheriff-i-just-pray-little-deorr-will-be-found/

Do people really fish for minnows? With a fishing pole?

You'd need an itty bitty hook. I think most people use nets.

But there are a lot of other smaller fish you could theoretically catch with a small hook and to many people they might be considered minnows. Still a net is 100x more effective.

You'd need an itty bitty hook. I think most people use nets.

But there are a lot of other smaller fish you could theoretically catch with a small hook and to many people they might be considered minnows. Still a net is 100x more effective.

Yeah. I have had problems with the way the fish thing was described.

Spotting minnows near the bank is common and using minnows for bait is common but they are very difficult to catch without a net. Unless you are able to scoop them onto the bank and pick them up or something like that.

The way it was described was just weird to me.

If the parents are being "less than truthful" on their polygraphs, then I tend to think it's possible they have been less than truthful about their time line as well. The time stamp on the receipt would be the only thing I'd put much stock in. The rest of it is likely fiction, in my opinion.

Would you use a shovel to scoop?

I wouldn't. If I didn't have a scoop or small net, I would likely use something like a plastic take-out container, plastic cup, etc.

Or, just dig for some earthworms...and a shovel would come in handy for that (though I've only used a trowel when worm hunting).

Yeah. I have had problems with the way the fish thing was described.

Spotting minnows near the bank is common and using minnows for bait is common but they are very difficult to catch without a net. Unless you are able to scoop them onto the bank and pick them up or something like that.

The way it was described was just weird to me.

Weird to me too. You would definitely use a small net for minnows. If someone wanted to go fishing, though, they would fish in the reservoir, not that rushing little creek...

Does anyone have the transcript q &a from last night's show? Was there any bombshell mentionings?

I'm not sure about the transcript. I thought one was posted. There were a few semi-bombshells, at least to me - the comments about JM's and DK's polygraphs being consistently "less than truthful" on specific questions and the news about them not wanting to offer a reward or get national attention.

We always take a shovel camping to make sure the campfire is put out completely.

I think SB talked mostly about the polygraphs because he can without harming the investigation. I never expected him to lay out all the evidence last night in his interview. I'm sure there are many things they know that can't be discussed publicly. In my opinion, the interview didn't point to them only naming the parents as suspects because of the polygraph test results.

This may all be part of the inconsistent stories - we've heard the parents went exploring and came back to find DeOrr missing, with zero mention of IR at all. We've heard that the parents asked IR to show them where he was fishing, then came back to find DeOrr missing, we've heard the parents and IR were at the creek but separated by feet? Yards? I will check the quote and come back. And now we have SB saying their stories have changed about who cooked what, who made what decisions, whether someone took a fishing pole or not. This is part of why we feel like we're chasing our tails.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01...will-be-found/

I think if you ask anyone who has a criminal record how they would respond to police questioning in a serious situation, they would likely respond in a similiar manner. For them, there is a general distrust of LE. That doesn't make them bad or guilty or sophisticated...it makes them self protective. Say what you want but anybody who is a poi in relation to a serious situation that may involve a deceased child, should retain legal counsel and be cautious speaking to LE.
IR behavior does not alarm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member