ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did anybody say that the parents said to IR "show us where the minnows are?". The sheriff said the three of them (Vernal, Jessica and Isaac) went off to go fishing. Vernal said in the EIN interview that he found minnows and thought Deorr would be excited to see them. Are you maybe combining those two comments and bending them into something else?

In the Vilt interview he (Vilt) states they told him they took IR with them to show them where he found the fish. This is also where Vilt states JM keeps stating "I kept looking back"

I wish we knew what they purchased at the store on Friday 12:30. The possibilities I've heard are french fries, candy bar, feminine-hygiene products. Did they buy food for meals? Drinks? Ice? What were the plans for dinner and meals over the weekend?

What did they normally fix for meals when camping? Rely on what they might catch fishing?

JMO, wondering.

I am confused why this matters so much? Please help!

If the parents were responsible for any part of his disappearance there is just no way I could believe it was pre-planned in some way. Planning to make a child disappear either by death or selling to some random baby black market would be far easier NOT in the middle of nowhere with 2 other witnesses to deal with. They would be like the dozens of other parents with suspiciously missing children that were never arrested by saying the 2 year old left the house in the middle of the night or was outside playing and they turned their back for a second and poof they were gone or one left for the store and thought the child went inside to the other and somehow disappeared. Disappearing a child when you have all the time you want and complete control over the environment makes far more sense then doing it on a camping trip with grandpa and his friend.

If the parents were responsible for any part of the disappearance I believe it was from some accidental death or hasty moment of anger/aggression that they felt they would be charged with and figured the best scenario is to ditch the body and lie rather than admit to the accident. This could be the accidental car death, a beating gone too far/parent snapped, gross neglect like the child getting into drugs of some sort or knowing the child was injured and not seeking help, etc.

Where did anybody say that the parents said to IR "show us where the minnows are?" I don't remember seeing that.

The sheriff said the three of them (Vernal, Jessica and Isaac) went off to go fishing. Vernal said in the EIN interview that he found minnows and thought Deorr would be excited to see them. Are you maybe combining those two comments and bending them into something else?

I definitely read or heard in an interview somewhere that Isaac was fishing, and they asked him to show them where the fish were. And the three of them went off together. I remember at the time we were all saying WHAT, because until we heard that we thought the parents had gone off exploring together and left Deorr with grandpa and Isaac. I *think* it was from an interview with Bowerman - Bowerman said the parents asked Isaac to show them where the fish were (not minnows, but fish they could fish for), and they went off with Isaac and left DeOrr alone with ggp. I will look for the interview for you.

Where did anybody say that the parents said to IR "show us where the minnows are?" I don't remember seeing that.

The sheriff said the three of them (Vernal, Jessica and Isaac) went off to go fishing. Vernal said in the EIN interview that he found minnows and thought Deorr would be excited to see them. Are you maybe combining those two comments and bending them into something else?

That IS what we were told originally, but (IIRC), it was part of IR's interview.

(ETA: My bad, "In the Vilt interview he (Vilt) states they told him they took IR with them to show them where he found the fish. This is also where Vilt states JM keeps stating "I kept looking back"")

BBM

I keep thinking that maybe the parents asked IR to show them where he got the minnows to distract him from the fact that DeOrr was no longer with them when they returned from the store. Perhaps getting quickly out of the truck, intercepting IR before he notices DeOrr is not with them, looking over her shoulder shouting "stay with GGP, we will be right back"... and IR just assumes DeOrr is there.

Hmmm interesting thought.

In the Vilt interview he (Vilt) states they told him they took IR with them to show them where he found the fish. This is also where Vilt states JM keeps stating "I kept looking back"

Oh, was it Vilt, not Bowerman? :) I definitely remember someone saying it :)

I am confused why this matters so much? Please help!

If they only had canned food (an assumption, I admit), did they plan to eat that for the remaining time at camp? No sandwiches, hot dogs, ice for refrigeration? If they did not buy additional food supplies and needed them, I'm thinking it could imply they were in panic mode. They would be thinking only of the immediate task of covering up, not what they would be eating for dinner that night and breakfast the next day.

I do remain, however, on the fence about the parents.

I'm certainly not saying that their choice or quantity of food in itself indicates guilt or innocence. But, the shopping trips could indicate what was on their minds at the time, perhaps. It's a straw to grasp.

JMO

Most here seem to believe that if you're a POI in a crime, which Reinwand clearly is, (especially one involving the disappearance of a child), it's to be expected. Is there some exception for him that some of us might not be privacy to?

He hasn't been named a suspect.

Are the fish he found minnows? I had the impression that IR had caught some fish or found a good fishing spot, not that he found minnows.

Edit to add - From the Vilt interview found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12314932#post12314932

This was after they came back from town and um they saw some fish that Isaac and Bob, the grandfather, caught and so Deorr says, “Well show me where those fish are. Where’d you catch those fish?” And so they went off with Jessica, Deorr and Isaac went off to the creek where they caught fish supposedly, and Jessica kept saying, “I kept looking back to make sure Little Man was there. I kept looking back…kept looking back...”

Yeah, I think the trip to the store might be a red herring... LE (IMO and AFAIK) seems to be working with the theory that DeOrr was alive and at the campsite after the trip to the store, then something happened (maybe a harsh punishment for DeOrr resting in death), then parents covered it up and then called 911.

The trip to the store might be important only because it marks the start of the timeline. It's the last thing that happened that can be verified by someone other than the four people at the campsite. I've been camping many times and IMO going for extra supplies and snacks isn't suspicious or weird.

I think whatever happened happened after the trip.

Not sure if this has been posted yet..
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/sheriff-i-just-pray-little-deorr-will-be-found/

"Lemhi sheriff: I just pray little DeOrr will be found"

Thank you.

I haven't heard this specific before:

"Bowerman: Our timeline has constantly changed. A lot of small facts – things that should be important to them, important in their memory – have changed. From who made the decision to do what or who cooked that morning or who took a fishing pole down to the creek – just minor changes like that constantly changing."

Most here seem to believe that if you're a POI in a crime, which Reinwand clearly is, (especially one involving the disappearance of a child), it's to be expected. Is there some exception for him that some of us might not be privacy to?

Yes, because he's not a suspect. We have two named suspects, and he is not one of them.

Plus - I don't want to invade his privacy by speculating on any health issues or other issues he might have, but *if* he has any issues that make him a vulnerable person, then IMO he should be accorded more privacy and protection than the average person. Same with ggp, if he has any health issues that make him particularly vulnerable - if ggp can't stick up for himself properly due to health and memory issues, then I feel obligated to stick up for him. Same with IR. This is all just MOO, but IMO vulnerable people should get extra protection in the same way minors do.

Are the fish he found minnows? I had the impression that IR had caught some fish or found a good fishing spot, not that he found minnows.

This is something I always thought was weird. DeOrr was going to stay with GGP and take his nap, but JM and DK went back after 50 yards/10 minutes because DK saw a minnow he thought DeOrr would want to see. First of all - it took them 10 minutes to walk 50 yards? Second - DeOrr was supposed to be napping why would they go back for him so quickly?

I don't think IR would bother catching minnows.

Also, can I just say that I think the rule at websleuths about using someone's initials rather than their full name to identify them is a wonderful idea... It allows us to speculate without every little speculation about a person coming up in a Google search of that person's name. I think it is extremely unfair if someone's name is Googled and random allegations/ speculation about that person <modsnip> come up.

Not sure if this has been posted yet..
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/sheriff-i-just-pray-little-deorr-will-be-found/

"Lemhi sheriff: I just pray little DeOrr will be found"

SB notes some of the parents inconsistencies in the timelines:

Bowerman: Our timeline has constantly changed. A lot of small facts &#8211; things that should be important to them, important in their memory &#8211; have changed. From who made the decision to do what or who cooked that morning or who took a fishing pole down to the creek &#8211; just minor changes like that constantly changing.

ETA: Sorry Inthedetails, you already posted this.

Oh, was it Vilt, not Bowerman? :) I definitely remember someone saying it :)

Yeah I had to double check myself....

VILT

I started finding little&#8230;little things that they were inconsistent. Their stories didn&#8217;t jive. One was the timeline, and there was some overemphasis of Jessica, uh&#8230;stating that she knew the boy was in the campground because she kept looking back &#8211; &#8220;I kept looking back&#8230;I kept looking back&#8230;&#8221; and it seemed like this was like an overkill. Why would she keep saying this over and over and over again? She wanted to establish that the boy was in the campground. This was after they came back from town and um they saw some fish that Isaac and Bob, the grandfather, caught and so Deorr says, &#8220;Well show me where those fish are. Where&#8217;d you catch those fish?&#8221; And so they went off with Jessica, Deorr and Isaac went off to the creek where they caught fish supposedly, and Jessica kept saying, &#8220;I kept looking back to make sure Little Man was there. I kept looking back&#8230;kept looking back...&#8221;

This is something I always thought was weird. DeOrr was going to stay with GGP and take his nap, but JM and DK went back after 50 yards/10 minutes because DK saw a minnow he thought DeOrr would want to see. First of all - it took them 10 minutes to walk 50 yards? Second - DeOrr was supposed to be napping why would they go back for him so quickly?

I don't think IR would bother catching minnows.

In light of what SB has said in his latest interview with NE, it confirms to me that very little they have stated can now be believed without third party backup. I could feel the frustration from SB...

Re: 10 minutes/50 yards they just claimed that they were 50 yards away and gone for 10 minutes, not that it took them 10 minutes to walk 50 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214