ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he did not speak to Isaac.

Right but he said he was on the same page as the Sheriff, the Sheriff believes Isaac's statement about when he saw Deorr last.
Klein also sounded like he didnt find Isaac completely forthcoming when he spoke about Isaac's interview with EIN the other day.

Morning all. Well, I need at least one more cup of tea before I can digest everything said in the interview. I want to say thanks to Tricia, though, for asking my question about whether the Sheriff reads our threads. Sounds to me like he has dipped into it and decided to keep his mind clear to focus on facts, but interesting and kinda nice to know other LE employees have been keeping abreast of our discussions here.

:wave:

Right but he said he was on the same page as the Sheriff, the Sheriff believes Isaac's statement about when he saw Deorr last.
Klein also sounded like he didnt find Isaac completely forthcoming when he spoke about Isaac's interview with EIN the other day.
IR was within his rights when he refused to answer, or expound on, questions from the reporter. Unless I missed a chunk of the interview, not once did IR say that he refused to answer on the request or instruction of law enforcement. Klein made that insinuation.

The Sheriff cleared it up tonight when he said no, his office did not instruct IR not to answer questions. IR has hired an attorney. In all likelihood, his attorney coached him on how to respond to the reporter. That's not ipso facto an indication of pretense or deception. Rather, it's an intelligent decision, considering that we're talking about an interview with a media reporter. By the same token, he's not obliged to give an interview to a PI.

As long as he's upfront with LE, that's all that matters in the big picture. If a favorable media interview will spare him some grief, i.e., public scrutiny and rejection, stolen or destroyed bicycles, so be it. I say, go for it.

JMO

KLEIN: He gave us a couple of things that we can follow up on. There's a couple of things that we need to compare to the master timeline on this from all the witness statements.

We do get concerned with Mr. Reinwand because, again, he's not forthcoming. He'll be glad to tell you what he wants you to know, but he won't tell you the details of what he wants you to know. I know for a fact that LE has not asked him to be quiet.

They have not put any restrictions on him. Nobody can put any restrictions on him, so...that's a concerning statement for me. I think some of the motivation here is that he wants to get out ahead of it because, uh, I think everyone realizes that the light is out ahead of the tunnel on this thing.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/kunz-private-investigator-responds-to-reinwand-interview/

REINWAND: I don’t want to comment on that.

REINWAND: No comment.

REINWAND: I’m not supposed to disclose any information. I’ve been asked not to.

REINWAND: No response.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/isaac-reinwand-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-deorrs-disappearance/

:welcome: Pretty Go Pale :welcome:

First-time poster, here, and certainly repeating what has likely been posted here many times. But wanted to weigh in: If any of the 4 adults killed the kid, I think the others would know. Hard for me to envision a scenario where the others would conspire w/ the killer to cover up the murder. However, if the kid got into drugs the others brought - and died of an overdose - I could see where they all might try to cover that up, fearing the prison sentences that would be coming. The biggest red flag is the father driving down the mountain to call 911 because he only had "one bar" of signal on his cell phone. Any person would have at least tried to call 911 first. That ride down the mountain was 1 of 2 things, imo: either dumping the kid's body elsewhere (and I doubt that), or ditching drugs, knowing that a big-time search was coming. My guess is the latter. I think the kid prolly drowned in the creek, and despite all the dive searchers and whatnot simply hasn't been found. The discrepancies in the parents' stories, imo, are prolly related to trying to cover up drug use/ditching of drugs on the camping trip.

:goodpost:

I asked him to clarify, and Sheriff Bowerman was very clear on that point. According to IR, DeOrr was alive and well at least as late as approximately 1:10 P.M. to 1:30-ish P.M.

That really doesn't leave much room for something shady. If an accident, they are some of the quickest-thinking parents out there (and also some of the most illogical because there is no reason to cover an accident). If it were planned, then they are some of the most daring people around.

I am becoming more rather than less perplexed.

jmo

IR was within his rights when he refused to answer, or expound on, questions from the reporter. Unless I missed a chunk of the interview, not once did IR say that he refused to answer on the request or instruction of law enforcement. Klein made that insinuation.

The Sheriff cleared it up tonight when he said no, his office did not instruct IR not to answer questions. IR has hired an attorney. In all likelihood, his attorney coached him on how to respond to the reporter. That's not ipso facto an indication of pretense or deception. Rather, it's an intelligent decision, considering that we're talking about an interview with a media reporter. By the same token, he's not obliged to give an interview to a PI.

As long as he's upfront with LE, that's all that matters in the big picture. If a favorable media interview will spare him some grief, i.e., public scrutiny and rejection, stolen or destroyed bicycles, so be it. I say, go for it.

JMO

KLEIN: He gave us a couple of things that we can follow up on. There's a couple of things that we need to compare to the master timeline on this from all the witness statements.

We do get concerned with Mr. Reinwand because, again, he's not forthcoming. He'll be glad to tell you what he wants you to know, but he won't tell you the details of what he wants you to know. I know for a fact that LE has not asked him to be quiet.

They have not put any restrictions on him. Nobody can put any restrictions on him, so...that's a concerning statement for me. I think some of the motivation here is that he wants to get out ahead of it because, uh, I think everyone realizes that the light is out ahead of the tunnel on this thing.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/kunz-private-investigator-responds-to-reinwand-interview/

REINWAND: I don’t want to comment on that.

REINWAND: No comment.

REINWAND: I’m not supposed to disclose any information. I’ve been asked not to.

REINWAND: No response.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/isaac-reinwand-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-deorrs-disappearance/

Agreed.

Also it is very important as he will be a witness at trial - so he should therefore be careful not to put his evidence out in the media in advance

it is more usually the guilty parties who are hell bent on briefing a narrative in huge detail to the media

I must say it is always odd how some parents come back from holiday without their 2 year old thanks to neglect (or worse) then proceed to blame police for not doing their job properly

Agreed.

Also it is very important as he will be a witness at trial - so he should therefore be careful not to put his evidence out in the media in advance

it is more usually the guilty parties who are hell bent on briefing a narrative in huge detail to the media

In less the LE have more than the deceptive polygraphs (which aren't admissible in court) I can't see this going to trial. Unless maybe for neglect, for leaving DeOrr with
GGF?

Who came forward with info previously withheld?

Yeah that sure is strange, if IR really saw Deorr alive at 1PM on friday....wow.

However, IMO, maybe IR could be made to think he did. Otherwise, this is a much more calculated thing than I could have ever imagined.
Is it possible baby Deorr really walked away from GPP and then something happened and cover up ensued?

Why would JM and DK take a walk with IR, a guy they don't even really know?

BTW great job Bessie and Tricia. That was really, really, really good. My heart is hurting for that toddler. Good night all...I sure hope this comes to closure soon.

Or could it be, and I feel really guilty suggesting this, that ggpa may have done something accidentally (maybe even without being fully aware of it?), and the parents are trying to protect him (even though I'm not sure if he could possibly have any criminal liability)? I'm not trying to cast stones at ggpa at all. Just trying to make sense of a senseless situation. (just supposition, not even opinion)

This is just so sad for the little guy. Heartbreaking, really. He needs to be found so that he can rest in peace.

My quick thoughts (after sleeping on it) based on SB's latest interview. All taken at face value and IMO.

Parents poly inconclusive on two specific points: What happened to Deorr and where Deorr is.
IR last saw Deorr at ~1:10PM-1:30PM.
Parents and IR go fishing leaving Deorr with GGP.
Parents return to camp 10/17/xx minutes later (note: Without IR who continues his fishing?)

The only missing point here that might be known but I can't remember is at what time/how long after the parents returned to camp was IR informed of the situation.

So my conclusion at this point is that what happened, happened at the campsite and the parents discovered it upon their return from fishing. There is then a ~3 hour window before LE/SAR start to arrive after the 911 call.

One other point I'd like to talk about is the 3 hours it took the first LE to get to the camp. That sounds awfully long to me. 1.5 hours would be my estimate coming from Salmon with SAR being longer understandable. Not having a go but do find it surprising. 3 hours would have been an agonising wait for anyone.

In less the LE have more than the deceptive polygraphs (which aren't admissible in court) I can't see this going to trial. Unless maybe for neglect, for leaving DeOrr with
GGF?

Who came forward with info previously withheld?

It's too early to say this IMO

At the moment the police are ramping up a media campaign to sweat the suspects and see what they do.

Let's see what happens when the police make an arrest - maybe they can roll someone over.

And maybe they have a piece of evidence we don't know about - e.g. forensic.

"Obscene and ridiculous" is how Tricia described her feelings on the parents rejecting Vilt's offer of a $20,000 reward. I couldn't agree more!

Bowerman said it was GGPA who has some memory issues, not Reinwand. Maybe they BOTH do. I haven't decided (yet) if I believe Reinwand is being truthful or less than truthful. How fine is that line?

I think IR is being truthful, but that what he believes to be the truth may not be what is the reality. Does that make any sense?

Please refresh my memory. What is the distance from the camp site to the reservoir? TIA.

Please refresh my memory. What is the distance from the camp site to the reservoir? TIA.

Using Google measure tool which I find pretty accurate and going from the campfire to the nearest point of the reservoir is: ~300 metres/~1000 feet as the crow flies.

I am staggered it took 3 hours for police / SAR to get up to the site - can anyone clarify how far away these units are? Surely they could have got a helicopter there quicker? What went on in those 3 hours, why were no further calls made to LE (you'd frantically be calling back wouldn't you?) were all 4 searching the woods for DeOrr, did anyone else drive anywhere for help?

I'm trying to picture the scene, what went on between the 2:30 (ish) 911 call and help finally arriving? 3 hours is a lifetime in the search for a missing kid.

EDIT: just checked and Lemhi Sheriff's Office is in Salmon, 1.5 hours drive away

EDIT: just for info, Idaho Falls is a 2.5 hour drive. Is this where JM's mum lives, as I believe she arrived on scene before LE.

EDIT: there is a volunteer fire dept in Leadore itself, 35 volunteers on the books. http://www.firedepartment.net/direc...e/leadore-community-volunteer-fire-department

Search & Rescue got there near 4:00 pm, referenced by Deorr in first video they were with S&R from around quarter to 4. Also in one of the very early articles it was said around 4:00.

Speaking to camping far away from police: I live in Eastern Idaho & am am pretty active camper/hiker/fisher etc. A lot of destinations I choose are pretty far out there and I take my kids. The experience is amazing. Idaho & all of the US Pacific & Northwest mountain ranges are truly magnificent.

I think IR is being truthful, but that what he believes to be the truth may not be what is the reality. Does that make any sense?
I absolutely agree with you. I doubt you could build a reliable case around IR's recollection. No offense to IR, he just isn't credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214