ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a thought about this "direct knowledge" too... It might not mean knowledge of a crime as such, but IR may have heard DeOrr crying, seen the parents spank him, heard the parents arguing... That sort of thing.

That's what I thought too. Not necessarily witnessing a crime but having witnessed something.

I think it is helpful to remember that every case we follow here evolves over time. This case is no different. LE has done a thorough investigation that has led them to change their minds about what happened, who is being truthful, etc. What LE said earlier in the investigation doesn't matter anymore, what is important is what they have shared in the most recent articles and interviews with Tricia. Those responses are based on their most recent results found during the investigation. Looking at old articles using the Wayback Machine are of no use in understanding where this investigation stands now, in this very moment.

Rereading some of the articles today and noticed this bit from NBC's Dateline. Gives some perspective on when and why the sheriff started to suspect the parents:

"Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told Dateline it's because of DeOrr's parents' inconsistent stories that they are being named suspects at this time.

"We first became real suspicious of mom and dad after their initial polygraph tests, taken several weeks after DeOrr went missing. Then this past weekend, when the FBI handed over their reports and interviews, that's when we made the decision to inform the public," Sheriff Bowerman told Dateline."
http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/par...ed-suspects-summer-2015-disappearance-n503966

FWIW I distinctly remember that they only think in the article that was changed is the would "deceitful" was changed to "less than truthful". There was a point in time when both versions of the article were showing up on my computer.
19:41
TG: Exactly! One of our members said, “I noticed in your first comment this week, regarding the parents, you originally said they had been deceptive and then you changed that to less than truthful. Can you explain the reason for that change in wording?” Now, there could be absolutely no reason but that’s our Websleuths members, they get right down to the nitty gritty and really want the littlest details.

20:07
SB: Absolutely. I didn’t want them to think their whole polygraph was deceptive. It wasn’t. They passed portions of it, but the portions on whether they knew where Deorr was or knew what happened to him, they were not being…they were being less than truthful . So that’s why I changed it. I didn’t want them to think…normally you think when someone is deceptive everything they told you is a lie but that’s not the case.

19:41
TG: Exactly! One of our members said, “I noticed in your first comment this week, regarding the parents, you originally said they had been deceptive and then you changed that to less than truthful. Can you explain the reason for that change in wording?” Now, there could be absolutely no reason but that’s our Websleuths members, they get right down to the nitty gritty and really want the littlest details.

20:07
SB: Absolutely. I didn’t want them to think their whole polygraph was deceptive. It wasn’t. They passed portions of it, but the portions on whether they knew where Deorr was or knew what happened to him, they were not being…they were being less than truthful . So that’s why I changed it. I didn’t want them to think…normally you think when someone is deceptive everything they told you is a lie but that’s not the case.

Jumping off your post to say THANK YOU TRICIA for the great question, maybe this will put this puppy to bed.

Jumping off your post to say THANK YOU TRICIA for the great question, maybe this will put this puppy to bed.
No kidding, that poor puppy hasn't slept for the last 24 hours.

The puppy woke up, saw the shadow of the parents' lies, and declared there will be at least six more weeks of internet arguments about the polygraphs.

Meanwhile, where's DeOrr, and why are the parents continuing to lie about what they know?

Thanks so much DatelineFan. Believe me there is lots of quality work done on this board (yourself included) I'm just happy to be part of the discussions.

I am going off of your post on my thoughts (ramblings?) right now, The Apparition. I hope you don't mind...

Sort of OT- 1st let me say, I must admit, there are 2 things I wouldn't mind not hearing about for awhile: polygraphs (no disrespect intended to anybody here) and hypothermia. However, I choose to read about polygraphs. I can't help it. I haven't chosen (yet) to move out of the winter weather and sub-zero temps where hypothermia is very real. However, I still choose to read about it. IDK why. I am freezing just thinking about it!

That being said, I choose to be a part of this discussion. I don't honestly care who is right or wrong when there is/are disagreement(s). We are here for Deorr and having been on this thread long enough to get to know all of you via your posts, I must say, the amount of brain power used to help bring this sweet boy home is simply, amazing! I am sure many of us would give our last dollar to help find him, or rush to Timber Creek on sleds (snowmobiles) to help look, or scour every piece of land we could through hell or high water, provided our resources to do so were there. Our hearts are in the right place here, one way or the other and love that!

I would also like to add my own personal thank you to each and every one of you for doing what you are doing here. I feel very honored to have a lurker-ish spot on this thread b/c of Deorr. He brought us all here. Even under the circumstances, I think he is smiling down on all of us (from "wherever" he is and saying THANK YOU!")!

And back to OT- As I sit here under 4 blankets and a dog bigger than me, pretending I am on a nice, HOT, sunny beach w/ the sand between my toes and a perfect blue ocean overlooking the horizon...

I can't help but think we are all on the same beach, crying in our margaritas
b/c things aren't happening soon enough.

Über-sentimental moment over, I promise!

:eek:fftobed:

I read somewhere that Klein works closely with Texas Equisearch. It would be great if they would go there to search for baby Deorr.

I am honored you "jumped" off my post Ospyder, anytime.

Here is a scenario for how the PI could say we know how just not why. Hypothetically what if they found evidence of a firearm being discharged and perhaps some blood? They could determine Deorr was shot but if no one talks they wouldn't know if it was negligence like he was playing with a loaded gun or intentional. That is just to play devils advocate providing a possible scenario matching the PI's statement. I'm sure there are many scenarios where a toddler could die that could be accidental or intentional.

IMHO the sheriff is going to keep playing Columbo until he drops the hammer. It is almost not fair for him to be interviewed because he must be so careful to not divulge important details about his ongoing criminal investigation. If I were him I'd want to be like VDK and JM and just disappear from the spotlight so as to not have to answer media questions.

IMHO the sheriff is going to keep playing Columbo until he drops the hammer. It is almost not fair for him to be interviewed because he must be so careful to not divulge important details about his ongoing criminal investigation. If I were him I'd want to be like VDK and JM and just disappear from the spotlight so as to not have to answer media questions.

Oh, I agree.

Haven71, what's your prognosis on Idaho's thaw? Are you located anywhere near Leadore?

You're welcome! That was my question.
Yes, it was your question, and it was one that I specifically noted should be brought up in the interview. So, we were given clarification, yet still the arguments persist. Color me puzzled.

I'm sure we have all seen this numerous times but I reviewed it and find it helpful in terms of some questions that have popped up on here. For instance, it's noted there were items of physical evidence turned over to the FBI. Makes me hopeful that some of the items are solid evidence supporting where the investigation stands.
https://youtu.be/2PA55ZqRI3I

Also, it gives another account of GGF version of what happened. Though very brief, it leaves no room for any version of did he see DeOrr after the store etc...he specifically stated he did and he was watching him. I'll leave it at that.

Suppose DeOrr left GGF and wandered up to his parents who then punished him for not following orders so to speak. Is that even possible or are we taking as fact Klein's statement that the GGF watching DeOrr was a myth? I am turning this over in my mind.

The puppy woke up, saw the shadow of the parents' lies, and declared there will be at least six more weeks of internet arguments about the polygraphs.

Meanwhile, where's DeOrr, and why are the parents continuing to lie about what they know?

You're welcome! That was my question.

Yes, it was your question, and it was one that I specifically noted should be brought up in the interview. So, we were given clarification, yet still the arguments persist. Color me puzzled.
BBM

I can't decide between :banghead: or :floorlaugh: but I do think this series of posts should be the post(s) of the day!! Can we just send the puppy to puppy spa for a long vacation? :beagle:

Also, it gives another account of GGF version of what happened. Though very brief, it leaves no room for any version of did he see DeOrr after the store etc...he specifically stated he did and he was watching him. I'll leave it at that.

It's possible he doesn't really remember though, but was just agreeing with what the parents told him, or what the sheriff asked him.

The average person (criminal person too) doesn't even realize the amount of information their phone can reveal if the need should arrise. Even if somebody knew they some features might incriminate them and therefore changed settings, I think even those changes could be discovered. For instance, if they turned off all but the required location setting it would be incriminating circumstantial evidence.

It should be easy to determine the number of towers in the area they were camping and that surrounding it. Ill have to review, but I think JM is seen in the interview with an iphone. No idea about VK but todays smart phones are all so integrated with other apps and services who want your location for advertising and other reasons that they all will have information that could help an investigation.

It's CREEPY scary! I've taken several "Social Media Investigations" classes/labs and you would not believe how lackadaisical ppl are without even realizing it! It NEVER pays to lie, the truth WILL come out! If these parents weren't EXACTLY where they said they were the authorities KNOW it. Most likely know exactly where they were in the days/months proceeding as well. Accuracy to within FEET! They can tried to hide their data all day long, but it's already "BYE FELICIA" :wave::wave::wave: for them if they haven't been 100% truthful up to this point. I won't lie and say that it brings me anything less than joy giggles to watch veteran LEO's sit back and let PERPS bury themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member