ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Do you know if momentary loss of signal causes a ping to occur?
I'm sorry- I do not know that for sure, but it makes TOTAL sense as the phone would attempt communication with the carrier again right??!!
I will look into it and get back to you. :devil::devil:

BBM

I can't decide between :banghead: or :floorlaugh: but I do think this series of posts should be the post(s) of the day!! Can we just send the puppy to puppy spa for a long vacation? :beagle:

Please!

Meanwhile, where is little DeOrr?

I'm sure we have all seen this numerous times but I reviewed it and find it helpful in terms of some questions that have popped up on here. For instance, it's noted there were items of physical evidence turned over to the FBI. Makes me hopeful that some of the items are solid evidence supporting where the investigation stands.
https://youtu.be/2PA55ZqRI3I

Also, it gives another account of GGF version of what happened. Though very brief, it leaves no room for any version of did he see DeOrr after the store etc...he specifically stated he did and he was watching him. I'll leave it at that.

Glad to be reminded of that there was at least some evidence that was collected.
I think in cases like this we tend to assume there is not much evidence since no arrests have been made. Which could be a fair assumption.

Since no arrests before now I think it is safe to say there was not a smoking gun laying around otherwise an arrest would have been made before now. So I think that is why we begin to deduce there is not a whole lot of evidence and we could be partly right about that. But the tougher pieces of evidence that need test results and things like that may take time to analyze and so there is still some hope that there is something that helps LE figure out things.
Some things take a lot of time. Lets hope something is still being looked at and researched that they already have in their hands.

JMO the posters not being able to understand how polygraphs are administered is not the issue here. I'm sure many posters have read up extensively on polygraphs on this thread and other cases. The issue is posting as a fact that all the parents' polygraphs came back as inconclusive when we can't find any direct quotes that say so and several quotes that indicate there was a suspicion of deception.

I think this sums up the entire thread from yesterday. Okay, who is ready to move on?!!!

Could it be that a grand jury will be convening soon? I have rumorous rumblings that things are heating up. I take it all with a grain of salt. But Klein says his investigation is nearing a close. And I'm thinking, like BeeFriendly posted, that SB has more than he is telling us and just doesn't want to disclose evidence that might be used at trial. It's hurry up and wait time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what kind of phone did JM use? Did anyone recognize the brand from the lst video interview when she briefly took it out of her pocket? TIA

Does anyone know what kind of phone did JM use? Did anyone recognize the brand from the lst video interview when she briefly took it out of her pocket? TIA

Are you asking because of the Apple debate that is going on right now?

I didn't know anything about that, I wanted to research GPS though. Even though we don't have cell phone coverage our cottage the GPS will find my phone. Can you give me the link where this conversation is going on?

Haven71, what's your prognosis on Idaho's thaw? Are you located anywhere near Leadore?

I'm not Haven71. But live in southeast Idaho very close to Idaho Falls and a little less than 2 hours from Leadore. FWIW the snow is definitely melting here. Can even see grass in some areas again and the roads are completely clear now. The weather forecast looks like we will get some steady snow melt for the next week at least. Im not sure the elevation at the campground, so they may have slower melt but it is warming up in this part of the country.

I don't think it has been disclosed what model phones they had and in the EIN interview she doesn't get the phone out. To me it looks like she may have felt it vibrating and felt to check.

I don't think it has been disclosed what model phones they had and in the EIN interview she doesn't get the phone out. To me it looks like she may have felt it vibrating and felt to check.

TheTruthWillOut, I remember her pulling it out of her pocket briefly to silence it (or something?) in the first interview. It was in a pink case so it was hard to tell if it was an iPhone 6 or an Android. Idk the Androids too well. :blushing:

I didn't know anything about that, I wanted to research GPS though. Even though we don't have cell phone coverage our cottage the GPS will find my phone. Can you give me the link where this conversation is going on?

It's OT having to do with Apple unlocking iPhones.

Actually I've gone through the first interview and right at the end the pink phone makes an appearance. I'd previously missed that.....sorry to OSpyder and Dee10 both!

I can't tell what the phone is I'm afraid but it does make me wonder if that pink phone is the one she had while camping or a replacement? LE had said they were handed the phones but not when.....

This interview was on the 13th July and it could be significant if they weren't secured by LE for days.

CA-Apple CEO Tim Cook refusing Court Order To Open SB Shooters I-Phone, 2-17-16
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW checking the metadata of one of the released pictures of JM and Deorr and the platform is Apple. So I'm going to say the phone is an iPhone.

Glad to be reminded of that there was at least some evidence that was collected.
I think in cases like this we tend to assume there is not much evidence since no arrests have been made. Which could be a fair assumption.

Since no arrests before now I think it is safe to say there was not a smoking gun laying around otherwise an arrest would have been made before now. So I think that is why we begin to deduce there is not a whole lot of evidence and we could be partly right about that. But the tougher pieces of evidence that need test results and things like that may take time to analyze and so there is still some hope that there is something that helps LE figure out things.
Some things take a lot of time. Lets hope something is still being looked at and researched that they already have in their hands.

On the topic of evidence. FWIW, Note that Klein also talked about evidence that was recently sent to Quantico in this interview. Former and Current DeOrr Kunz Investigators Discuss Case on KID Newsradio

Thursday morning, both the current and former investigators in the DeOrr Kunz Jr. case appeared on KID Newsradio. With caution, Philip Klein of Klein Investigations discusses evidence sent this week for lab testing at the FBI center in Quantico, VA as well as an ‘incident’ that led to little DeOrr’s death.

Bowerman also referenced evidence that was sent to the FBI in his recent interview with Tricia:
31:41
Bessie: And as far as the investigation aside from searching– where do you go from here?

31:48
SB: Well, we’re going to sift through some of our tips and maybe go over some of those again and make sure we didn’t miss anything. We’re still getting tips of sightings and of course that slows us down. We have to take those seriously and rule them out. Basically, we have some uh…some more evidence turned over to the FBI. We’re waiting for a report on that—some behavioral information so we just have to painstakingly go through everything and hope we can pick up on something and not miss something.

And then we have this comment from the Sheriff:
19:09
TG: Do you think the 911 calls will be made public soon? Can a citizen request copies of them now?

19:19
SB: I believe one has already been released and that was in the early stages of just him being missing, but now that we’ve determined that there’s possible foul play, I’ve asked my Dispatch Commander not to release any more copies of that but there are copies out there because I think it could be…it could be evidence.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12319129#post12319129

Haven71, what's your prognosis on Idaho's thaw? Are you located anywhere near Leadore?

Hi Persimmon. I'm in Boise, and it looks like Leadore is nearly 5 hours away, on the Eastern side of Idaho. Here right now, it is very clear and highs are in the 50s-60s lately. I think it's unusually warm here, but obviously that is not the case in Leadore (far from! lol). We just moved here from out-of-state in late November, so I'm sorry I cannot be of more help.

If they have another public search, I will go up and help them if I can.

If Baby DeOrr has been deceased (It still breaks my heart to even write these words) since July, and they do eventually locate him, will they still be able to determine the cause of death?? (after all this time)??

FWIW checking the metadata of one of the released pictures of JM and Deorr and the platform is Apple. So I'm going to say the phone is an iPhone.

Great thought on checking metadata on some of the photos, however, if the pictures are of JM and Deorr, it doesn't mean that they were taken with one of the parents' phones. Maybe grandma took the photos or an aunt or a friend?

Looks like the weather up in Leadore is still quite bad with what looks like a bit of fresh snow:

Yesterday:

YoIb.png

Today:

ZoIb.png

Temps seem quite mild though compared to Idaho Falls which is a bit odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member