ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thought. I said something similar the other day. Maybe GGP noticed that something was wrong and called 911 and it was GGP's call that prompted them to quickly make up the whole story? Maybe they weren't even planning to call until they found out that GGP did? The fact that we never even heard about GGP's call until Klein mentioned it bothers me. I can't help feeling it's important, but of course it might not be.
Do we know GGP actually made the 911 call? From what I recall, Klein only said the call came from his phone.

I wonder why we don't hear about so many things, except in tiny bits and pieces, such as IR was on the trip, GGP made a 911 call, a diaper thrown away, etc. What is the point, LE wise, of these dribs and drabs of information? Is this how they got it?

In their interview on the 13th, why didn't DK and JM mention that GGPA also made a 911 call? Even if it was a dropped call (I don't think it was), DK could have used that to justify hauling off to get reception.

I don't feel like DK's and GGPA's 911 calls probably have anything super incriminating in them or else LE would have suspected foul play before they even arrived at the campsite (and secured it as such, which they didn't). It could be that the calls have conflicting information or contain evidence of when or how DeOrr was last seen. Maybe what was said on the 911 calls doesn't match what JM and DK said in their interview on the 13th. I think LE must have decided early on not to release DK's and GGPA's calls, though. In a case with this much public interest, it seems like the media would have gotten copies and released them - I'm sure they put in public records requests, but must have only been given the one 911 call. IMO, whatever is on the other 2 calls must place suspicion on the parents and/or on how or when DeOrr disappeared, and since Bowerman was trying to quiet SM "rumors," he probably decided that releasing the other 911 calls would only add fuel to the fire (kind of like not revealing that they stopped at the Silver Dollar Thursday night...). I think he was trying to protect the parents and keep them in his good graces for as long as possible in hopes of finding out what really happened to DeOrr. MOO.
Tricia asked if the calls would be released. SB said he's ordered them not to be released because they might eventually be used as evidence.

It was known from the beginning that IR was part of the group. The diaper story didn't come from LE, nor did the alleged call from GGP's phone. LE hasn't released much information. But they've been upfront about the info they have reported to the public.

That's right. I get the feeling that Klein revealed some pieces of info, like GGP's 911 call, that LE might not have wanted released.

It was known from the beginning that IR was part of the group. The diaper story didn't come from LE, nor did the alleged call from GGP's phone. LE hasn't released much information. But they've been upfront about the info they have reported to the public.

BBM. I didn't know it until a few days later. Do you have a link for that from day 1 or 2?

BBM. I didn't know it until a few days later. Do you have a link for that from day 1 or 2?

My recollection is that IR was not mentioned at all for the first few days and then for about a week, he was referred to only as a family friend. I don't think his identity was released for a couple of weeks. I will look for links...

ETA: July 27th: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=35680592

"Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman confirmed Isaac Reinwand, 35, of Idaho Falls, was at the Timber Creek Campground on July 10 alongside Deorr's parents Jessica Mitchell and Deorr Kunz Sr. and his as yet unnamed great-grandfather.

The sheriff's office had previously withheld Reinwand's name, referring to him only as a family friend at the campsite."

July 13th: "friend of the family" http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/local/idaho/2015/07/12/search-for-missing-2-year-old-continues-in-lemhi-county/30058523/

As near as I can tell it was July 26th or 27th that IR's name was released.

Guess, I should have added tooth marks from an animal to the list of things that can be seen by studying bones.

I'm afraid that if they were just left above ground somewhere the remains may have been scavenged by animals so that not much of them will be left by now :(

I said "the beginning", not day one or day two. In a great many cases, the initial reports are sketchy, and it takes two or three days for the blanks to be filled in. This one was no different.

I'm afraid that if they were just left above ground somewhere the remains may have been scavenged by animals so that not much of them will be left by now :(

I think he's buried - deep. I think the shovel found at the site was used and I have a feeling it has fresh dirt on it.

I think he's buried - deep. I think the shovel found at the site was used and I have a feeling it has fresh dirt on it.

I don't know "how" or "why", but I think you may be right, along with the taken axe and coveralls. Just a guess, like I've been doing all along. The cat is still a good perp in my opinion, but so is a non-violent abduction.

Strange case, ALL the way around, LE included, IMO

What about this sand pit? Someone posted an aerial view of a "nearby" (???) sand pit. Is that something that could easily be reached by a truck from the road and is "between" the Leadore tiny town center (convenience store and bar & grill), and the campground? Just thinking . ..

My recollection is that IR was not mentioned at all for the first few days and then for about a week, he was referred to only as a family friend. I don't think his identity was released for a couple of weeks. I will look for links...

ETA: July 27th: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=35680592

"Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman confirmed Isaac Reinwand, 35, of Idaho Falls, was at the Timber Creek Campground on July 10 alongside Deorr's parents Jessica Mitchell and Deorr Kunz Sr. and his as yet unnamed great-grandfather.

The sheriff's office had previously withheld Reinwand's name, referring to him only as a family friend at the campsite."

July 13th: "friend of the family" http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/local/idaho/2015/07/12/search-for-missing-2-year-old-continues-in-lemhi-county/30058523/

As near as I can tell it was July 26th or 27th that IR's name was released.

Thanks for pulling the links. Yes, it was awhile before IR's name was released. But the fact that a friend was on the trip, identified or not, was known early on. It didn't emerge later as an afterthought.

If Baby DeOrr has been deceased (It still breaks my heart to even write these words) since July, and they do eventually locate him, will they still be able to determine the cause of death?? (after all this time)??

In the Shannon Gilbert case they did a second autopsy and had some compelling findings for strangulation although they could not give a definitive cause. Her remains were undiscovered for two years. I'm amazed at what they can determine.

What about this sand pit? Someone posted an aerial view of a "nearby" (???) sand pit. Is that something that could easily be reached by a truck from the road and is "between" the Leadore tiny town center (convenience store and bar & grill), and the campground? Just thinking . ..

I've thought of that too since it was first posted here. It's at Gilmore Summit, apx. 19 miles from Leadore, off of Hwy 28. It looks easily accessible from the road.

Not sure if it was pure rumor but I recall people mentioning the axe was taken as evidence. Wheres a shovel might not penetrate tough soil an axe might...especially considering the small size of the body its possible he was buried.

If the phone is turned off or the battery is dead, does all of this tracking still work?
That's a common question. In general, the only way to be certain tracking is disabled is to remove the battery. Like a computer, internal processes continue to run when a phone is switched off. And when a device shows a battery is out of power, often there is a tiny amount of energy remaining. Not enough to make a phone call, but sufficient to send or receive a tower signal. But note I said "in general", because devices vary.

That's a common question. In general, the only way to be certain tracking is disabled is to remove the battery. Like a computer, internal processes continue to run when a phone is switched off. And when a device shows a battery is out of power, often there is a tiny amount of energy remaining. Not enough to make a phone call, but sufficient to send or receive a tower signal. But note I said "in general", because devices vary.

Right because LE can often determine a battery has been removed without ever finding the device due to the complete lack of activity..signals etc.

This statement of Sheriff B keeps coming back to me, which IMO possibly suggests that they probably considered it a crime scene that first day, they were searching places he could have been hidden away "that night". What did they already find that led them to believe that little Deorr wasn't lost in the woods? Anything? Or were they just following standard procedure?

Also, I know SB said they didn't really get anything substantial from the dogs, but I still question if cadaver dogs didn't hit on something around the campsite, perhaps on one of the vehicles, and he's just not saying.

TRANSCRIPT - VIDEO PORTION
August 18, 2015

LEMHI SHERIFF OPENS UP ABOUT DEORR KUNZ CASE

Nate Eaton:
“The family says their vehicles and cars were searched, which it sounds like in any case that would be standard operating procedure.”

7:39
Sheriff Bowerman:
“You know, even though we searched them that night you know you always second guess, Did we miss something? Could he have been in another compartment ? Did we not search everything? So yeah, everything has been searched at least a couple times, if not more.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Media-Timelines-and-Maps-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member