ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh - I like this scenario re ice chest! Would explain why the cadaver dogs didn't hit on the truck. But I'm going to stick with my theory - he wandered off and they just haven't found him yet... :fence: :couch:

I wish I could stay with this theory Niner. I hung with that one for quite a long time and still wish it was the case. IMO it seems like SB tried to stay there too. But if you read TxJan1971 post 183 it states perfectly! So many facts that point in another direction that simply cannot be ignored. "Something" else happened and we would be remiss to not pay attention to the clues. JMO

From TxJan1971's excellent post:

"and there was a couple more items taken into custody yesterday (1-27-16) that are on their way already to the East Coast to be looked at,"

Now, what could those couple of items be? It probably won't be anything from the mountain as it's covered in snow.

And what in the world happened to Deorr that could explain the parents' willingness to be labeled suspects in their child's death, but unwillingness to tell the truth? I can't imagine anything so important to them that they would deny their child his legacy of love and respect. Pfft.

Interviews, sent in for behavioral analysis??

TG: Lem’-hi. Just exactly like how it’s spelled. I just made that way too difficult. Sorry about that, but anyway, Sheriff Bowerman, thank you very, very much. We have one question, one area that we want to clear up, and that is, and I’m hoping you can help us with that tonight, that is when Deorr was seen at the store, with his parents, do you know for certain if he was ever actually seen at the store? That just seems real ambiguous uh to any

SB: Well, initially um the store salesperson didn’t remember uh the encounter. When the father uh… I call him Vernal instead of Deorr, it’s Vernal Deorr Kunz…when Vernal and his wife came back to the store several days later then the salesperson said, “Oh, yeah, I remember you!”

02:45
SB: Now I’m not sure…I don’t recall her saying specifically that she remembered the child. She remembered them talking about their child, and they bought some candy and some other items, and we have a dated and time-stamped receipt, so we know they were in the store. And someone while they were fueling up said they thought they saw a child in the back seat, but that hasn’t been ever positively stated that there was a child there, but ya’ know at this point, I’m believing the family!

http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio-...hive-oct-2015/

bbm red
As I said already: JM and VDK were to the campground for the first time ("to go fishing/exploring/hiking"), therefore they were to the shop at Leadore for the first time. Why would an unknown (to the parents) salesperson remember a talk about their child, if it not had been very out of the ordinary???

Can someone bring me up to speed on why we are talking about the diesel fuel purchase? They bought diesel on the way to the campground on Thursday so they were obviously using a diesel powered truck, so what is the issue?

I would like to know if BB - JM's ex - would allow his 2 children to visit their mother (now after her suspicious behavior over the last months).

Wouldn't it also bleach the color out of the surface that they used it on? Not many things that I know of are immune to that effect of chlorine bleach unless it's a hard surface like tile or concrete, etc. . jmo

I wouldn't be surprised if VK's older truck had vinyl seats and no carpet. Nothing much for bleach to hurt.

I have bleached the interior of my car before after a puke fest in the back seat and nothing bad happened. I did dilute it about 50/50 with water and tested a spot before committing to the entire back seat and floor. It was tan before and after. I'm not sure what would have happened if I just dumped in on full strength.

What concentration of bleach is needed to wipe out evidence or show up with Luminol?

I can only imagine what LE would think if they sprayed down my house. It would light up like Christmas. I have an unhealthy obsession with bleach, I think.

Can someone bring me up to speed on why we are talking about the diesel fuel purchase? They bought diesel on the way to the campground on Thursday so they were obviously using a diesel powered truck, so what is the issue?

It's about car replacement - diesel truck/non-diesel truck - one truck with evidence/one truck possibly without evidence. IF I did understand well.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe VK has two trucks, one diesel and one gas. There was concern there could have been a vehicle swap at some point during the trip.

From TxJan1971's excellent post:

"and there was a couple more items taken into custody yesterday (1-27-16) that are on their way already to the East Coast to be looked at,"

Now, what could those couple of items be? It probably won't be anything from the mountain as it's covered in snow.

And what in the world happened to Deorr that could explain the parents' willingness to be labeled suspects in their child's death, but unwillingness to tell the truth? I can't imagine anything so important to them that they would deny their child his legacy of love and respect. Pfft.

BBM

Jumping off your post,

It appears that Klein had a meeting with "both families" the day before the radio interview which was held on 1-28-16. During the radio interview, Klein stated a "couple more items were taken into custody yesterday," which would be on 1-27-16.

I'm not sure who exactly represented the "families" at that meeting - but that would be the same day they got a couple more items. Maybe a different team went somewhere else to get the items or maybe they got items from someone who attended one of the "families" meeting(s) ???? Just a thought...

07:35
Klein:
Well, yesterday, uh, we informed both sides of the family uh that we are now moving into Stage 3 of this investigation.

AND

02:31
Klein:
... that was a discussion that we had with both families yesterday morning in both of our meetings.

As far as your last paragraph as to what would be a reason they would be willing to be named suspects and unwilling to tell the truth, I have what I think might be a plausible theory, but since it is 100% pure unadulterated speculation at best, I'm going to say, "I don't know why they would be willing to be named suspects and unwilling to tell the truth!" :)

Do we even know that Vernal has two trucks?

It's been told here on WS for several times. I believe my fellow members. :)

Your avatar looks beautiful, a nice pic of little Deorr! His mother told he was always charming with women - as if he was alive and only just "around the corner", completely unaffected.

It's been told here on WS for several times. I believe my fellow members. :)
Thanks! I believe you, I just didn't remember ever seeing a link about it. I was beginning to wonder if I had missed a major article! 😁

BBM

Jumping off your post,

It appears that Klein had a meeting with "both families" the day before the radio interview which was held on 1-28-16. During the radio interview, Klein stated a "couple more items were taken into custody yesterday," which would be on 1-27-16.

I'm not sure who exactly represented the "families" at that meeting - but that would be the same day they got a couple more items. Maybe a different team went somewhere else to get the items or maybe they got items from someone who attended one of the "families" meeting(s) ???? Just a thought...

07:35
Klein:
Well, yesterday, uh, we informed both sides of the family uh that we are now moving into Stage 3 of this investigation.

AND

02:31
Klein:
... that was a discussion that we had with both families yesterday morning in both of our meetings.

As far as your last paragraph as to what would be a reason they would be willing to be named suspects and unwilling to tell the truth, I have what I think might be a plausible theory, but since it is 100% pure unadulterated speculation at best, I'm going to say, "I don't know why they would be willing to be named suspects and unwilling to tell the truth!" :)

bbm red

Family v. family now?

The story about the minnows is "shaky at best", because minnows are not a common site in Idaho. Yes, they do exist, but typically are not seen in the trout streams here.

I know people are going to contradict my opinion here, but it's true. Just the fact the parents said that reeks of a lie. If they had said baby fish or something, it would ring much truer to me.

The story about the minnows is "shaky at best", because minnows are not a common site in Idaho. Yes, they do exist, but typically are not seen in the trout streams here.

I know people are going to contradict my opinion here, but it's true. Just the fact the parents said that reeks of a lie. If they had said baby fish or something, it would ring much truer to me.

Also I think it is lying 101 to try to make everything you say convincing by being unnecessarily emphatic. DK sure checked that off in that first interview, including when talking about the minnows that his son would "just love!" I would say that is unnecessarily empathic. No one questioning how interested DeOrr would be in minnows. But DK went the extra mile to explain it, making his story that he went to retrieve, "um, you know, baby DeOrr" to see the minnows allllll the more convincing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we even know that Vernal has two trucks?

Not that I am aware. We need links or proof. JMO

I'm not sure where the information came from exactly.

VK has several different trucks on his Facebook. What he currently owns or owned at the time of the disappearance...I'm not sure and I can't find anything non-SM to link to. So maybe the two trucks should fall under speculation/rumor.

Also I think it is lying 101 to try to make everything you say convincing by being unnecessarily emphatic. DK sure checked that off in that first interview, including when talking about the minnows that his son would "just love!" I would say that is unnecessarily empathic. No one questioning how interested DeOrr would be in minnows. But DK went the extra mile to explain it, making his story that he went to retrieve, "um, you know, baby DeOrr" to see the minnows allllll the more convincing.

Agree. He was emphatic about a few strange things, and offered a lot of strange "why's" that didn't really seem appropriate/necessary. Particularly, he offered a few different "why's" surrounding leaving in the truck to call 911.That said, if my child went missing, I can't say for sure that I would be presenting as perfectly and normally as I would hope. That's not to say that he's innocent, but I don't think that semantics necessarily point towards a conclusive answer when there's a possibility the person is very distressed.

Agree. He was emphatic about a few strange things, and offered a lot of strange "why's" that didn't really seem appropriate/necessary. Particularly, he offered a few different "why's" surrounding leaving in the truck to call 911.That said, if my child went missing, I can't say for sure that I would be presenting as perfectly and normally as I would hope. That's not to say that he's innocent, but I don't think that semantics necessarily point towards a conclusive answer when there's a possibility the person is very distressed.

I agree. It did jump out as me as odd even when I had little context of the case, but odd interview behavior wouldn't be incriminating unto itself. I guess knowing now from LE that the parents haven't been able to tell the same story twice and know more than they admit about what happened to DeOrr and his present location, their previous behavior (lying behavior IMO) in that interview kind of snaps right into place with the rest of it. (At least to me, I should say!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. It did jump out as me as odd even when I had little context of the case, but odd interview behavior wouldn't be incriminating unto itself. I guess knowing now from LE that the parents haven't been able to tell the same story twice and know more than they admit about what happened to DeOrr and his present location, their previous behavior (lying behavior IMO) in that interview kind of snaps right into place with the rest of it. (At least to me, I should say!

Oh, absolutely. In context of everything else that's not adding up, the weirdness of the first (and every...) interview does seem to point to deceit. I hope that this mysterious new evidence being considered is able to provide some insight into the truth of the matter. Up to this point, the only thing that seems true is that nothing has been true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada