ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...CUSSION-quot&p=12390382&posted=1#post12390382

........... publicly thank Mr. Reinwand for that. We understand his fear, and we want to make sure that the public understands that he has come forward at this point.

bbm
Thought, this part is important too. :)

This jumped out at me too. He was probably scared of three things. One, retaliation from the family and friends of the family. Two, his prior run-ins with the law. Most importantly, three - he saw or heard something and was afraid he would be considered an accessory. I knew he knew something of importance when he asked Eaton if he had talked to GGP during that Q&A at his front door. I felt compassion for the guy because lots of people were down on him, saying he was hungover and/or stoned and/or not very intelligent. As it turns out, IR is the smartest of all four because he has elected to tell the truth!

BBM:
With good reason, IMO. They want to protect the integrity of their investigation with facts rather than speculation, IMO.

*Last post, I promise! Just going to read until I hear from Sheriff Bowerman or the FBI!

IMO, Klein isn't speculating; he has facts to back up his statement. I bet we will be hearing from Bowerman soon and I bet his statements mirror Klein's.

What about the parents going in to move a body? I hope the fbi have them under surveillance. I doubt LE appreciates Klein releasing this information about a new search of a specific area.

Could it be they're hoping to catch them trying to move a body? I sure hope they're under surveillance, hope they're tracking their every move. I did notice that Klein didn't answer that question in the interview, if LE was aware they were going to release this statement.

Could it be they're hoping to catch them trying to move a body? I sure hope they're under surveillance, hope they're tracking their every move. I did notice that Klein didn't answer that question in the interview, if LE was aware they were going to release this statement.
Even though, imo, the parents aren't the brightest, I doubt they'd try to move the body now. They have to know they're being monitored.
Also, I honestly think they think they got away with a crime.
And, baby DeOrr isn't even real anymore to them. Well, at least one of them doesn't care if he ever existed. MOO

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I'm glad that he has come forward to tell what happened, but am I wrong to still be a little disgusted that his initial silence played a part in that baby being left on a mountain for months? I guess I'm just sick of adults who continually put themselves before defenseless children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going to judge IR or ggp based on anything that Klein has said. I don't think Klein knows as much as he pretends to know, so I'm waiting for official word from LE.

Plus, even if it was possible to press charges against one of them for withholding information, I feel sure that they would be given immunity in exchange for their testimony.

I know it's possible he may not have realized the information he had was key, or maybe didn't connect all the dots, but there were 4 adults there and I strongly suspect at least 3 of them there knowingly failed that child.

Are there any possible legal ramifications for IR because he did not come forward sooner, having direct knowledge of what happened to DeOrr?

I hope not. Although a medical name hasn't been put to his mental health "issue" (that I've seen) he HAS come forward & has been the most truthful & helpful. I hope this has weight against any "withholding information" charge that could be stuck on him imo

Agree. DK showed more emotion than her. After all, she has two other ones. He now has none.

Wasn't it mentioned someplace that VDK does have a child from a previous relationship? A little girl around 5-6 years old? Or am I imagining things?

Are there any possible legal ramifications for IR because he did not come forward sooner, having direct knowledge of what happened to DeOrr?

Klein used the word "proffer" in describing talks with IR.

If I had to guess it would be the same team he worked with on another case and thanked on his Facebook page?
attachment.php

Yes, he said a specific area & that there will be specializes dogs from GA, I wonder what specialization. I googled cadaver dogs Georgia & came up with several results- nothing jumped out at me to indicate what specialty. I imagine that with the ground being frozen & limited human traffic over the winter that existing cadaver scent cues may be more apparent. That is a SWAG on my part, if anyone has more knowledge on the topic??

Attachments

• Untitled57.jpg
    Untitled57.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 201
Because these people seem to think they're above the law maybe?

I think that the FBI would be smart enough to ask closed questions (that can only elicit a yes or no answer) in a poly to get closer to the truth & location of DeOrr Jr. Such questions, off the top of my head, could go along the lines of:

Q: Did DeOrr leave Idaho Falls alive
A: Yes

Q: Is DeOrr buried in Idaho Falls
A: No

(so now look at the journey)

Q: Was DeOrr disposed of between Idaho Falls and Leadore
A: No

(so now look at the campsite)

Q: Is DeOrr buried at the campsite
A: Yes
or
A: No (with deception indicated)

Unfortunately I am currently at work so this is as far as I can take this at the moment but I could go on for ages, with a flow-chart, to map this hypothetical situation out.

If one presumably is clueless, s/he can't answer yes or no to those questions. And suppose a totally innocent, clueless parent believed the child left alive, s/he might trip the needle on that question though s/he knows nothing.

Again, there are other tools and techniques designed to gather information. The polygraph serves a different purpose.

I'm glad that he has come forward to tell what happened, but am I wrong to still be a little disgusted that his initial silence played a part in that baby being left on a mountain for months? I guess I'm just sick of adults who continually put themselves before defenseless children.

SB has said all along that IR was cooperative and truthful.

Agree totally. Good post.

Who in the world will schedule time and transportation for dogs and teams to come in from Georgia and still be in limbo about having to wait for the sheriff to give an okay about when these resources can actually be utilized in the field.

He says that we are bringing in this, that and the third. But then he sounds like he doesn't even have approval yet from the sheriff.

Agent Hotchner and J.J would definitely be mad about how he has been interacting with the press while constantly mentioning that the fbi and sheriffs and his agency and connections are working together to solitify an arrest against the family for murder which he thinks was accidental.

Just wow.

Everyone is allowed their own interpenetration, respectfully I disagree with some of these interpretations . IMHO Klein is working closely with LE and the FBI, he isn't some first time clown on this case. He isn't releasing information that is false or supposed to be secret. He is working to find Deorr, he has made that his mission, LE is working on on a couple of additional things including prosecuting whoever harmed Deorr.

He is going to bring in the dogs and LE knows that, since this is a couple of weeks away and dependent on the weather it stands to reason he won't give an exact date. Klein is being careful to give respect to LE and is saying he will do whatever they direct as he should. Think of a good athlete saying I'm going to do whatever coach tells me to help the team win. The sheriff and FBI are probably ecstatic he is going to bring in a high powered team of canines not on their budget. Klein will defer to them as they are the officials and he is the private sector but once again they are all on the same page or they would tell him get away from our crime scene or we will arrest you for tampering.

In regards to murder/accident perhaps I'm just simple, but I think I understand where "they" are coming from. It could be undetermined at this time, I laid out a possible theory a thread or 2 back. What if they have proof of a firearm discharge and some small blood splatter? The toddler could have shot himself accidentally or been executed, that would be hard to prove if the cooperating witness didn't see the actual gun fire and the body is not yet found. There are literally a hundred things that could go either direction and I respect Klein and the Sheriff for not trying to pin murder on anyone until they are certain. Klein and the sheriff would prefer to not have to walk back any allegations, and frankly Klein has given us plenty to chew on. I'm sure they have more up their sleeves but until they have a body and some arrests it's for them to know and us to speculate on.

In regards to VDK being in his truck to charge his phone, that is a new idea as far as I'm aware. Personally I think he was dropping off evidence or a body, but perhaps his defense lawyer will read that idea and give it a try in court. VDK obviously feels it is very important for everyone to know he was in his truck so I'm sure the truck will be involved heavily when judgement day comes.

FWIW, my local news here in Boise did not mention anything about this story on their news last night. That was disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member