ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if JM and VDK realize how ridiculous their abduction story is? They clearly didn't think it through when they came up with that brilliant ruse.

I keep hoping that DeOrr's body has been somehow preserved enough that cod can be determined. I also hope they did drive off to dispose of the body. If DeOrr somehow turned up in the vacinity of the campsite and his remains did not provide clues or evidence, they could fall back on the wandered off story.

I don't think they had their act together about their point of view/story of what happened.

If they truly believed their son had been abducted, some things that might have been expected would be:
-allowing Vilt to put up reward money for info
-correcting DeOrr's eye color in the nat'l database before three months passed
-making attempts to get DeOrr's name out there in the media
-using SM to try to get the word out
-showing curiosity about potential sightings

Man, that was frustrating until LE finally officially made public the obvious explanation that they know where there son is.

I, too, hope that their lack of brilliance is reflected in where they hid DeOrr and that it will help investigators find DeOrr quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand the Klein hate. Who gives a crap if he gets publicity? Does that in any way lessen what he's doing/done regarding this child? I, for one, am glad to hear the things that he's told the media. Of course there are many things he hasn't told us, I'm sure. Like a previous poster noted, at least his releases have kept up awareness of the case and it is a good feeling to know that things are moving along and not just, "Well, we didn't find him during the searches." then silence...
I've seen many cases here at WS where we are begging for information and the lack of it makes interest just die down.
I hope they are able to find DeOrr as soon as possible. Praying for an early thaw so a search and recovery can be safely completed.

This is exactly how I feel. Also, publicity can be a positive force in ANY type of entity. His mission is to help find missing children. Why would he NOT want to make himself and his agency known for future cases that he may be able to assist in finding a missing child?

In reference to the comments saying or insinuating that Klein is just enjoying being in the spotlight, maybe his demeanor is being misinterpreted. Perhaps what people are seeing is not a man who is all about himself, but a man who is proud of the work he is doing to help find a missing child. It's human nature to feel good about yourself when you help others.

Regarding the bizarre meeting at the mall with DDK and a member of Klein's team, I'm still looking for the link, but didn't Klein deny that the meeting happened the way it was described? It seems the story could be an attempt to discredit Klein IMO.

Why is getting more media and public exposure on this case a good thing if the victim is deceased? I'm truly not trying to start an argument I'm genuinely curious. Some of the public cases I can think of turn out negatively even with all the crazy media exposure (OJ, Casey Anthony, etc).

Why is getting more media and public exposure on this case a good thing if the victim is deceased? I'm truly not trying to start an argument I'm genuinely curious. Some of the public cases I can think of turn out negatively even with all the crazy media exposure (OJ, Casey Anthony, etc).

..DeOrr's case doesn't end up in a "cold case" file, people will still be aware and searching for him/once found he'll get a proper burial, and those responsible will be held accountable/justice for DeOrr.

..there can never be too much exposure for an unsolved case.

..DeOrr's case doesn't end up in a "cold case" file, people will still be aware and searching for him/once found he'll get a proper burial, and those responsible will be held accountable/justice for DeOrr.

..there can never be too much exposure for an unsolved case.

Good points, thanks for answering. Can too much exposure work in favor for a suspect? I'm pretty uneducated with legal things. Could they say they weren't given a fair trial because the public viewed them negatively before it started?

One reason that pops into my mind is that it may (we can hope and pray) make the suspects realize that THIS ISN'T GOING TO GO AWAY. This case isn't going to fade quietly into oblivion. It may make them realize that they will continue to be haunted by their refusal to tell the truth forever. They will hopefully take a look at what their lives will be like forevermore and decide that it isn't the way they want to go through the rest of their lives, being very publicly seen as parents who are LYING about the events surrounding the disappearance of their toddler. Hey, who knows, maybe they are completely innocent in his disappearance but they are NOT innocent in lying about what happened surrounding the event. Continued public pressure just might be the fire under their butts they need to eventually do the right thing.

I don't understand the Klein hate. Who gives a crap if he gets publicity? Does that in any way lessen what he's doing/done regarding this child? I, for one, am glad to hear the things that he's told the media. Of course there are many things he hasn't told us, I'm sure. Like a previous poster noted, at least his releases have kept up awareness of the case and it is a good feeling to know that things are moving along and not just, "Well, we didn't find him during the searches." then silence...
I've seen many cases here at WS where we are begging for information and the lack of it makes interest just die down.
I hope they are able to find DeOrr as soon as possible. Praying for an early thaw so a search and recovery can be safely completed.
I agree, Midge. He strikes me as one who is not going to back down based on his emotional commitment. I think a lot of people see him as a publicity hound, but I believe him when he says he thinks the public has a right to know what's going on and he has been very forthcoming as much as he can be. Plus, if he is behind the EquiSearch involvement and the other renowned search team out of Georgia, he has the power to pull out all the stops. I think, too, the sheriff is focusing more on retirement and Klein Assoc. are speaking for him. Otherwise, we'd know if Klein was just going out on his own with this.

Good points, thanks for answering. Can too much exposure work in favor for a suspect? I'm pretty uneducated with legal things. Could they say they weren't given a fair trial because the public viewed them negatively before it started?

Look at Casey Anthony!

Today is Mother's Day in the UK - I can't stop thinking about little DeOrr :baby:

Does anybody else ever think of Caylee Anthony when thinking of DeOrr?

Lately I do. Perhaps it with the notice that TES will be coming to search. I remember the huge search they did but didn't find her and little Caylee was down the street from her home all the time.

I also remember rumors of Casey sedating Caylee and putting her in the trunk of the car so she could party.

When I used to read those reports I always wondered how many not so nice folks with little kids would start doing the same thing.

Could that have happened to DeOrr the night they arrived at camp? Maybe too much of something in his sippy cup?

MOO

I wonder if JM and VDK realize how ridiculous their abduction story is? They clearly didn't think it through when they came up with that brilliant ruse.

I keep hoping that DeOrr's body has been somehow preserved enough that cod can be determined. I also hope they did drive off to dispose of the body. If DeOrr somehow turned up in the vacinity of the campsite and his remains did not provide clues or evidence, they could fall back on the wandered off story.

If they buried it, it might be reasonably well-preserved. If they just left it exposed, I can't imagine much if anything might be left. There are just too many animals that would take care of it, not to mention the weather. Even a shallow grave might not protect it well from animals. Hopefully something of him is left if he's still up there. Poor little guy.

I know Browning states JM was "terminated" because of Klein's statements but how do we really know that's true? The information was delivered by Browning whom represents JM. Did Browning state that JM's employer told him that or did JM tell him that? For all we know she could have been "terminated" for other reasons and lied.

Exactly.

Does anybody else ever think of Caylee Anthony when thinking of DeOrr

MOO

RSBM-I always think of Madeleine McCann. The whole abduction/no abduction, were meds involved, evidence that can't be used to form a prosecution but provokes speculation etc

I know Browning states JM was "terminated" because of Klein's statements but how do we really know that's true? The information was delivered by Browning whom represents JM. Did Browning state that JM's employer told him that or did JM tell him that? For all we know she could have been "terminated" for other reasons and lied.

Exactly. I think Klein is probably too aggressive for Browning/VDK/JM. They were wanting a slower pace? Maybe they were just about to "fire" him anyway and just waiting for one good excuse. I'm sure the clients of the care center were asking too many questions and/or who wants publicity like that. Here in Idaho we have this wonderful law called "The Right To Work Law" which its not. Its more like The Right To Fire. It protects the employer not employee. I don't feel sorry for Jessica. Too bad. Little Djr never had the chance to grow up, fill out a resume and get a job. Pity for her? Naw.

If they buried it, it might be reasonably well-preserved. If they just left it exposed, I can't imagine much if anything might be left. There are just too many animals that would take care of it, not to mention the weather. Even a shallow grave might not protect it well from animals. Hopefully something of him is left if he's still up there. Poor little guy.

Gah. It's posts like these that tear me right to pieces. I'm totally not hand slapping you for your post, not at all. It's just that this is so very likely the reality we are going to see and I hate that our minds even have to go there. It makes it so real, if that makes any sense.
I simply cannot imagine a parent burying their child out in the wilderness, yet I know it happens. I cannot understand it, not one bit.
Poor little angel. "We" are coming for you. Hopefully your mommy and daddy will help find you so you can be properly laid to rest.

Exactly. I think Klein is probably too aggressive for Browning/VDK/JM. They were wanting a slower pace? Maybe they were just about to "fire" him anyway and just waiting for one good excuse. I'm sure the clients of the care center were asking too many questions and/or who wants publicity like that. Here in Idaho we have this wonderful law called "The Right To Work Law" which its not. Its more like The Right To Fire. It protects the employer not employee. I don't feel sorry for Jessica. Too bad. Little Djr never had the chance to grow up, fill out a resume and get a job. Pity for her? Naw.

Just to clarify - Browning/JM/VDK didn't hire Klein, Dennis DeOrr Knuz, Vernal's father, hired Klein.

No one is feeling sorry for JM but if she was terminated from her employment due to Klein running his mouth about her being child killer, then Klein is in the wrong.

Just to clarify - Browning/JM/VDK didn't hire Klein, Dennis DeOrr Knuz, Vernal's father, hired Klein.

No one is feeling sorry for JM but if she was terminated from her employment due to Klein running his mouth about her being child killer, then Klein is in the wrong.

It's what some people call tough s***, if you go around disappearing your children you've got to expect your employers to take a dim view sorry but MOO.

Remember: Klein said his team is split on Accident vs. Homicide and that his (as in Klein, himself) vote is Accident.

Lol, Idaho Falls just as well be New York City (dating myself with a pace picante salsa commercial here). Compared to the towns with 300-500 population it is huge.
Okay, completely O/T now, but who else played that commercial in their heads and can completely see the dusty cowboys with the necks in handkerchiefs saying, "New York City?!?!!"? Can't get it out of my head.

Didn't mean to detract from baby DeOrr. We need to find smiles where we can.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

<modsnip> I know Dennis signed the contract hence "fire" in quotation marks. She was fired due to her own Personal Problems. And Klein's doing his job period. There is bound to be some fall-out from discovery. I for one appreciate Klein's information. Klein running his mouth? Klein is not in the wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123