ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, maybe I'm just in a bad mood today but I keep seeing this in a simple way: maybe one parent gets carried away disciplining DeOrr and hurts him badly, the other parent fails to seek medical help for him and both parents agree to concoct a story of him going missing. Kind of like Malik Drummond's case. The whole 911 call episode with calling TC first, VK "hauling" down the road to make sure he has a good cell signal - it all screams story time to me.

I haven't followed one case where a true accident occurred and the parents tried to cover it up with some *advertiser censored* and bull story. Oh, I'm sure there are a few out there but in the vast majority of cases the coverup is about murder. In Janna Rivera's case (her body hasn't yet been found) her dad finally "confessed" to accidentally rolling over on her in his sleep and smothering her. Except that his other kids reported that they'd seen him covering Janna's mouth with his hand and a pillow in the past to stop her crying.

The big mystery is how GGP and IR fit into all of this. I'm starting to think LE has an idea and isn't sharing with the public - not even PK - and when the doo doo finally hits the fan (and I believe it will) we'll all thunk our foreheads and say "Duh! Of course! That makes perfect sense now." In the meantime though I appreciate all the posts here - I'm not very good at thinking outside the box in these cases so it's helpful to hear different points of view.
:loveyou:

The only way GGP and IR fit in to this is if they witnessed what lead up to the homicide, accidental or intentional, of DeOrr and did nothing to help him. It's the only explanation for why they would be willing to help coverup the crime. If they could be held responsible for not stopping what happened, not getting him help when they knew he needed etc. Otherwise, why would a stranger to the family like IR go along with a coverup. He had to have been convinced he held some criminal culpability in the situation. Maybe they all gave DeOrr booze to drink and he died from alcohol poisoning? Maybe he was run over while they were all drunk? Maybe one or both of DeOrr's parents started hitting and/or shaking him and they didn't intervene and didn't get the little guy medical attention when they should have? They have to feel they are culpable in some way to participate in a cover up.

The only other explanation is they're all telling the truth and DeOrr wandered off and was eaten by a wild animal. Highly unlikely though.

I don't know, maybe I'm just in a bad mood today but I keep seeing this in a simple way: maybe one parent gets carried away disciplining DeOrr and hurts him badly, the other parent fails to seek medical help for him and both parents agree to concoct a story of him going missing. Kind of like Malik Drummond's case. The whole 911 call episode with calling TC first, VK "hauling" down the road to make sure he has a good cell signal - it all screams story time to me.

I haven't followed one case where a true accident occurred and the parents tried to cover it up with some *advertiser censored* and bull story. Oh, I'm sure there are a few out there but in the vast majority of cases the coverup is about murder. In Janna Rivera's case (her body hasn't yet been found) her dad finally "confessed" to accidentally rolling over on her in his sleep and smothering her. Except that his other kids reported that they'd seen him covering Janna's mouth with his hand and a pillow in the past to stop her crying.

The big mystery is how GGP and IR fit into all of this. I'm starting to think LE has an idea and isn't sharing with the public - not even PK - and when the doo doo finally hits the fan (and I believe it will) we'll all thunk our foreheads and say "Duh! Of course! That makes perfect sense now." In the meantime though I appreciate all the posts here - I'm not very good at thinking outside the box in these cases so it's helpful to hear different points of view.
:loveyou:

It isn't really confessed if we don't have a body. It's a story concocted by the father, because the true one is too hard to swallow, same reason no body has been recovered. JMO

Absolutely 0. I don't know for sure, but I don't believe this child was alive much longer than the night they arrived. There is a high probability that the parents either used the trip as an excuse to cover up their neglect. Vernal admittedly, stated that he didn't want to be there. JMA said he doesn't like to fish. So why were they there in the first place. GPA would have been fine with IR. They had been on numerous trips togeather. IR has already turned states witness, as he referenced what he can't speak to because it will come out at trial. I believe he may know more about what might have caused DK's death. I'm reasonably sure that DK did not leave with the parents that morning to go to the store. So e truth we can glee from IR's miss steps in 1st interview. DK may have been with he and GPA when he first wandered off. (From the interview with reporter at his door). 1st sit down interview.<modsnip>

Ok where did you get this statement, where Vernal says he didn't want to be there? and this statement, from IR that "he can't speak to because it will come out at trial." I have been following this pretty closely and boy did I miss a few things. I have seen where IR says he can't say anymore, but did he mention things coming out at trial?
Not attacking but please point me in the direction to hear this first hand especially about Vernal.
Thanks,
BBM

Ok where did you get this statement, where Vernal says he didn't want to be there? and this statement, from IR that "he can't speak to because it will come out at trial." I have been following this pretty closely and boy did I miss a few things. I have seen where IR says he can't say anymore, but did he mention things coming out at trial?
Not attacking but please point me in the direction to hear this first hand especially about Vernal.
Thanks,
BBM

Maybe it was this: "I hate camping." Kunz tells PEOPLE in an exclusive interview. "I was looking for any and every excuse to leave."

http://www.people.com/article/deorr-kunz-jessica-mitchell-speak-out-idaho-mountains

Thanks,
BBM

IIRC, IR said this (it will come out at trial) in his interview with Nate. Do you all remember that interview, when he had his lawyer
close by?

Wow, a mountain lion just attempted to drag a four year old girl away from a remote camping location less than two hours away from where DeOrr disappeared! I mean if she had been two the mountain lion might have succeeded https://www.yahoo.com/news/girl-4-survives-attack-being-201625905.html

A mountain lion's territory can be as large as 370 miles! Scary!
That IS scary! I Iive in N Idaho and over the last couple of weeks there have been numerous reported sightings of cougars. Not odd the occasional sighting, but several and one included a momma cougar and 3 cubs in the brush of the side of a very busy street.

Wow, a mountain lion just attempted to drag a four year old girl away from a remote camping location less than two hours away from where DeOrr disappeared! I mean if she had been two the mountain lion might have succeeded https://www.yahoo.com/news/girl-4-survives-attack-being-201625905.html

A mountain lion's territory can be as large as 370 miles! Scary!

Except for one thing... the parents were actually watching their child, thus they did save her. I wonder where little Deorr's parents were ? Or, the other 'responsible adult' ?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/girl-4-survives-attack-being-201625905.html

"The girl's grandfather, Jim Sevy, told the outlet that the girl's mother thought she saw a large cat while the family was eating dinner."

I would have left. Packed up, lock stock and camping gear and skedaddled out of there. Bye bye large cat. JMO

Except for one thing... the parents were actually watching their child, thus they did save her. I wonder where little Deorr's parents were ? Or, the other 'responsible adult' ?

Actually, no, the little girl's parents weren't watching her at all. They put her in a tent to nap and left her alone. She got up and went outside looking for her shoe and the Mountain Lion grabbed her. Her parents heard her screams and came running. The Mountain Lion was stalking the group and was waiting for a moment when one of the children would be an easy target with no adults around.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/girl-4-survives-attack-being-201625905.html

"The girl's grandfather, Jim Sevy, told the outlet that the girl's mother thought she saw a large cat while the family was eating dinner."

I would have left. Packed up, lock stock and camping gear and skedaddled out of there. Bye bye large cat. JMO

I know. I can't believe the mom thought she saw a Mountain Lion and still left one of her children alone! Craziness! Then after the child was almost dragged away and killed they decided to go ahead and finish their camping trip. I would probably never go camping again, much less go ahead and finish that trip.

Actually, no, the little girl's parents weren't watching her at all. They put her in a tent to nap and left her alone. She got up and went outside looking for her shoe and the Mountain Lion grabbed her. Her parents heard her screams and came running. The Mountain Lion was stalking the group and was waiting for a moment when one of the children would be an easy target with no adults around.

Yep, just went back and re-read, and you're absolutely right. My "scanning" got the best of me, apologies.

So, what's going on with parents not watching their children... I started to say, especially in the wilderness, but then today, the whole world is a wilderness, and a very scary place. So what's going on? Idk

[video=youtube;MP2WbzWPVJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP2WbzWPVJk[/video]

IR sofa interview. 2:05: 'I had that impression...that I was being scapegoated or maybe partially accused [by VDK & JMA]'. Accused of what? To me, that comment doesn't make sense in the context of DK wandering off/ being abducted, as in that scenario the parents would know IR had no responsibility whatsoever for DK, as they had said they left him with GGP, so if anyone should feel scapegoated it would be GGP. Because the comment is nonsensical within the scenario we have been presented with, it is clear to me that IR feels scapegoated, not for neglect (as he was never responsible for DK), but for a more heinous crime.

I just find the nonsensical comments in the interviews interesting as they are a little window in to that parallel universe; that is the TRUTH.

I know. I can't believe the mom thought she saw a Mountain Lion and still left one of her children alone! Craziness! Then after the child was almost dragged away and killed they decided to go ahead and finish their camping trip. I would probably never go camping again, much less go ahead and finish that trip.

Wasn't the little girl scared out of her mind TO STAY at the camp grounds after being in the mouth of a Mountain Lion, being carried away? Poor baby.

Mountain lion. Who was encroaching on whose domain? Think about it.

The humans. The lion is well, a lion. I think the humans should have left with their children. If grown adults wanted the cat stalking adventure time so be it. There are a zillion places to camp out with kids....maaaaybe a tad safer. Run play, get dirty but not eaten by wild creatures. Just my opinion. I feel sad for this family but dont agree with their decisions. JMO

The story about the mountain lion has nothing to do with whatever happened to baby Deorr, except for the contrast between good parents who were watching, taking care of, and protecting their child, and bad parents who were not. IMO

However, it's not true that the family of the child attacked by the lion weren't watching their child. So I'm posting this because I don't think it's right that the parents are being criticized unfairly. I kept looking for more articles because each one seemed to have something missing. Here is an account by the parents. I still think there are missing pieces, but I think it does establish that the family was being vigilant. They saw it happen right in front of them. They were right there. Unlike poor Deorr, for whom three family members, if that's what happened, weren't enough to keep him safe.

http://www.rexburgstandardjournal.c...cle_8f14f02e-61c6-11e6-aa77-473442b33fae.html

Of course, there's a comedian who does a whole stand up about humans and wild life she says, "Why do people always act surprised when they go to the MOUNTAIN and get attacked by a MOUNTAIN lion? I mean if you were standing in your kitchen and got attacked by a Mountain Lion that would be shocking because it's not called a Kitchen Lion."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid