ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to repost this article with video of where he went missing. He also shows where the parents walked

A closer look: the campground where Deorr Kunz disappeared Updated at 5:56 pm, July 15th, 2015 By: Nate Eaton

The creek is here just a few yards away...from the reporter at about 1.00 of the tape. It was close folks and it was really 'rushing'~

Hummm I noticed a little later in the tape the reporter says this is where 'all the family was camping'. Could there have been more than the five we have discussed?

I'm sure LE has the correct timeline. That's what is most important.

I don't know if they do. Their timeline is based on the parents information and the 911 call made by the parents.

Until the lie detector test results are released we don't know if that information IS correct.

Not saying it is or isn't correct. Just saying there are variables. So we can't take anything as gospel. MOO

I have no stats to back this up, just observations from several years on WS. I've found many of the cases here that we kept "close to the vest" go cold, sometimes for years, sometimes forever. On the other hand, I've seen cases where they let it all hang out that were solved rather quickly. Others may disagree and that's okay because this is only my observation, experience, and opinion.

It would make sense to me that the more LE talks about it, the more attention it would get, the longer public interest would continue, the more awareness, etc., etc.

Some years back there was a case like this.. child ( and it may have been 2 children) vanished. After several days someone had a brainstorm.. they opened the trunk of mom's car.. the kids had climbed in and closed the trunk. Have all vehicles been searched even trunks? Possible that the baby got in and someone closed the trunk and never saw him or it slammed shut and that vehicle hasnt been used in 2 weeks?

As far as media coverage, I'm not sure they have any more to go on than we do.

If the family is not doing any interviews and are not even being visible to the public , as well as other involved people (ex. store clerk, great-grandpa's friend) do not want to be interviewed, and if LE is not updating the media (maybe because there is nothing new), I am not sure what they have to report. They can't just keep repeating the same thing they reported last week.

I also search for updates everyday just because I want to know desperately what happened to this precious tyke, but I am resigned to the fact that there just isn't any news to report.

Some more details, or any information that was not previously given that might help narrow down some perimeters would certainly make sleuthing more satisfying but for whatever reason that is just not forthcoming.

I am sure some of the more detailed questions/answers we have asked on here has been covered with the family by authorities but it is up to them and/or the family involved to share it.

I know they must be in shock and overwhelmed. If they are reading some of things being said about them online I can understand their hesitancy for any more exposure and public scrutiny. They may have also gotten legal advice to not say anymore publicly.

Either way, I will keep on checking in because I'm now emotionally invested in little DeOrr.

I am afraid this is going to be another one of those cases where the child just vanishes. I remember the baby that dis appeared while Mom was on the porch with friends. So sad these children gone with no trace or resolution.

Where I live, coyotes just run a swoop their prey up and keep running. I don't like to think this, but I can't help going back to this thinking. If he had boots on that were too big for him, it gives me hope that this didn't happen because it seems the boots would've fallen off and been found. Any thoughts on this?

I don't know if they do. Their timeline is based on the parents information and the 911 call made by the parents.

Until the lie detector test results are released we don't know if that information IS correct.

Not saying it is or isn't correct. Just saying there are variables. So we can't take anything as gospel. MOO

I agree, and the lack of external witnesses in this case, due to the remoteness and isolation of the campsite, undoubtedly makes it very difficult to establish/confirm a timeline.

One more question on this: Would the family be allowed to request "NO reporting" as a privacy request? Is that allowed?

I know that in high-profile cases, news outlets/shows/newspapers/etc will sign up to be on a list and will be notified anytime there is a development/update/press conference in the case. From what I've seen, the media is pretty reliant on LE in giving them things to report; they don't spend too much effort (at least past the first week or two) gathering information themselves.

Where I live, coyotes just run a swoop their prey up and keep running. I don't like to think this, but I can't help going back to this thinking. If he had boots on that were too big for him, it gives me hope that this didn't happen because it seems the boots would've fallen off and been found. Any thoughts on this?

I would think so, but I think the boots would have fallen off no matter what happened so who knows. The boots were camo though, so they could be close by but missed.

One more question on this: Would the family be allowed to request "NO reporting" as a privacy request? Is that allowed?

I don't think the media would care. If the story will bring in viewers/ratings, they are going to report on it. Think about how many celebrities would like to say "no reporting" on certain stories. In this particular case, if the parents are saying they think their son was abducted, and then asking the media to not report on it, that would just make the media more interested. They would get so many clicks on a headline that says "Kunz ask media to stop reporting on son's disappearance".

If parents don't want the media to report on their child's case, they just need to stop talking to the media, and they will go away.

Hi everyone.

The items he never separated himself from were in the truck. If he was napping in there I doubt he would have been able to open the door by himself. If he was able to, I would think he would have called out if he didn't see his parents or great grandfather. Was the truck door open or closed when he was discovered missing? If his parents opened the door for him upon arrival, one would think he would have grabbed his blanket and other items. If he was napping and was able to open the door, I don't think he would have closed it after getting out. If he was in the truck and abducted, an abductor would not have closed the door after removing him from the truck lest someone hear the door close. I also don't think an abductor would just lie in wait and hope for the chance to abduct a child with not knowing if a child would ever arrive. If he was outside the truck without his belongings, I would think that a wild animal grabbing him would have caused some sort of confusion with him yelling out in horror or pain.

I recently saw a TV show where a professional tracker was brought in. He was amazing and 100% spot-on. It was amazing in that he was able to track footprints on gravel and over stones. Sadly, scene would be highly compromised by now.

None of this makes any sense and it's driving me nuts.

I believe the father said he thought Deorr would be fine with his ggp by the campfire. I assumed that meant little Deorr was not in the truck by the campfire, but I may have interpreted his comments too narrowly. I don't understand why his blanket was in the car if they had set up camp next to the fire. Wouldn't they bring out all the things they needed, at least for Deorr's impending nap? (blanket, cup, monkey...)

That's just it. We don't know anything. I wondered the same thing. I also wondered if they had ever camped at that location before. Were they familiar with the area? We just don't have those details, as far as I know. There had to be a certain amount of planning to have GGP and friend along though.

The father said it was the first time he had been camping there.

I know most think a wild animal attack is the unlikely cause for the disappearance especially since nothing was seen, we know if no blood, torn clothes or tracks, but I'm still considering that Deorr wandered off a bit, got lost, was attacked and carried a distance by a predator. In that vein I am going to post some videos that show predators at or near campsites, some attacking. Some just hanging out.

Here's one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gN7btiL2CLs

The link only has the teen boy bitten on the head by the wolk in Minnesota. I didn't know about that. I'm behind on my animal attack tracking hobby these days.

Bears are notorious for becoming habituated, although I'm still leaning towards a mountain lion in Deorr's case. Like everyone else though I'm clueless.

On a side note, can anyone who knows the family personally tell them about the wrong description about Deorr's eye color in the Missing and Exploited Children web site? I saw a few people telling the family but they did not say anything, perhaps someone who knows them can reach out to them? This is VITAL information.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1251277/1/screen

I just sent an email to NCMEC:

Deorr Kunz's parents have stated his eye color is brown. The poster still says blue. Could you please confirm the correct information and have the poster updated. Thank you.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1251277/1/screen

I am not so sure GGP would be able to remember due to his health conditions, MOO

Is it sleuthing ggp to ask about his health conditions? I haven't heard about them. He is a pretty young ggp.

I'm sure LE has the correct timeline. That's what is most important.

LE can only have the timeline as it was reported to them by people who were there. Lots of things can happen that skew one's perception of the amount of time that has passed. "Time flies when you're having fun." If they didn't expect Deorr to disappear, they probably didn't look at their watch when they walked off to explore. Since we're trying to sleuth this incident and we have so little information, we want what we have to be as accurate as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member