ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The friend and his name might not be important to the case/story, but I would think that media is mostly concerned about viewership, and at this point an article with information about or even a photo of this person would certainly draw people's interest and ensure page visits.

Their business is to know what interests the public. You may think that reporting this guy's name would certainly draw people's interest. They don't. And I'm going to with them as the experts on what the public at large cares about.

I have had my young ones in the mountains with me and have never had their sounds initiate an animal encounter, more often it encourages mass exodus.

Some of us two-legged animals have that response as well. :hills::D

Their business is to know what interests the public. You may think that reporting this guy's name would certainly draw people's interest. They don't. And I'm going to with them as the experts on what the public at large cares about.

I have to disagree with that. Mentioning the guy's name would certainly draw people's interest specially in a case with such little media coverage. But like I previously stated, the yellow press did not pick up the story and the other media are just reporting the necessary. Basically, nobody seems to care enough about this case but does not mean people are not interested in knowing who is the friend.

I didn't think that the reporter who did the interview with the parents did a good job at all. So many unanswered questions and missed opportunities.

Sadly, investigative journalism seems to be at an all-time low. Some of it is probably due to the major budget cuts many newspapers have had to make due to severe declines in paid readership.

alone again, naturally...

anyone here think this is getting ridiculous? in a not-funny kind of way?

If LE is not naming someone and the media is accommodating LE by not naming someone, then I have to think that this someone is of some benefit to LE...may not be for this case -- this person may be in the fold somewhere for some reason. At this point, I am choosing to have faith in LE and not worry about this unnamed person. But that's just me...moo

I have to disagree with that. Mentioning the guy's name would certainly draw people's interest specially in a case with such little media coverage. But like I previously stated, the yellow press did not pick up the story and the other media are just reporting the necessary. Basically, nobody seems to care enough about this case but does not mean people are not interested in knowing who is the friend.

How do you figure? It might be good for one article or report, but it's not really news.

If LE is not naming someone and the media is accommodating LE by not naming someone, then I have to think that this someone is of some benefit to LE...may not be for this case -- this person may be in the fold somewhere for some reason. At this point, I am choosing to have faith in LE and not worry about this unnamed person. But that's just me...moo

Not just you! :)

I didn't think that the reporter who did the interview with the parents did a good job at all. So many unanswered questions and missed opportunities.

Sadly, investigative journalism seems to be at an all-time low. Some of it is probably due to the major budget cuts many newspapers have had to make due to severe declines in paid readership.

Too many cases. Usually when the family is all over the media giving interviews, etc, you will see a lot of newspapers picking up the story but this is NOT the case with the family, hence we observe such a little interest in the part of the media.

I don't see how saying "The people who went on the trip were A, B, C, D, E..." has anything to do with interest. It's just one line in an article.

The ONLY interview given was to a local online news agency despite the fact that national media requested interviews with them (parents) but they declined every request. I know this from a reporter.

When you have nothing new to report, any piece of new information IS news.

What is the fascination with this particular piece of information? I keep seeing this here and on FB as if it's some vital part of the story we all need to know and I just don't get it. Is it just desperation for something, anything, we don't know? What changes if the friend's name is released?

eta: I'm not asking you specifically and expecting an answer. It's just a curious situation I can't figure out.

I think there would be a lot of interest in finding out who the mystery family friend was. I know I sure am dying to know. :wink:

What is the fascination with this particular piece of information? I keep seeing this here and on FB as if it's some vital part of the story we all need to know and I just don't get it. Is it just desperation for something, anything, we don't know? What changes if the friend's name is released?

eta: I'm not asking you specifically and expecting an answer. It's just a curious situation I can't figure out.

It is quite possible that this mystery person was the last person to see this baby alive. I find that a very vital piece of info. And so far there has been no statement , whatsoever, from 2 of the 4 adults in the camp site. We know NOTHING about DeOrr's last minutes in the camp. Where was he? What was he doing when they saw him last? Was he sitting at the fire, standing by the truck, playing in the dirt, lying on the grass? why don't we know any of that?

I don't think less of the parents for not wanting to get on national TV... I personally do not think that going on the msm is going to bring this child home any faster and would just add to the suffering of the parents. BUT, don't get me wrong though because in some cases it could be absolutely vital. jmho

Too many cases. Usually when the family is all over the media giving interviews, etc, you will see a lot of newspapers picking up the story but this is NOT the case with the family, hence we observe such a little interest in the part of the media.

To sum up IMO; the family & LE are seemingly not doing interviews, the g'gf, friend & store clerk are silent as well...so therefore the press doesn't have anything to write about. This leads me to think either something is happening behind the scenes that doesn't include a stranger abduction, because if a abduction is suspected you would want to use the media and I would think the FBI would be called in as well perhaps. JMO

What is the fascination with this particular piece of information? I keep seeing this here and on FB as if it's some vital part of the story we all need to know and I just don't get it. Is it just desperation for something, anything, we don't know?

Many factors. One is definitely curiosity and questioning: "Who is this guy?" "Why the LE is not mentioning his name?" More anonymous this person becomes, more curiosity will arise. Second, yes desperation...generally speaking, people are perhaps expecting LE to communicate more with the media but the media is telling us (well, me) that LE is being very tight-lipped and the family isn't saying anything. We know time is crucial and people are invested emotionally on this case as well so I am guessing they want to know the person's name to find out who is the guy and his background.

"US" having the friends name will not solve this case. LE knows who he is, where he came from, if he has a record or not, where he was, where he wasn't...etc...

WE won't solve this case. WE are just looking for something to talk about, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper