ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not particularly interested in the mystery friend since I'm still leaning towards water/predator/woods. On that note, here is an interesting video shot by a guy in British Columbia who encountered a very interested and assertive mountain lion. Pay no attention to the dumb sound effects. :facepalm: Scroll up to about 1:06 to start the lion scenes.

[video=youtube;d4FbHzeCJjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4FbHzeCJjM[/video]

I don't think less of the parents for not wanting to get on national TV... I personally do not think that going on the msm is going to bring this child home any faster and would just add to the suffering of the parents. BUT, don't get me wrong though because in some cases it could be absolutely vital. jmho

But the parents think he was abducted, so they should be all over the media.

I don't think less of the parents for not wanting to get on national TV... I personally do not think that going on the msm is going to bring this child home any faster and would just add to the suffering of the parents. BUT, don't get me wrong though because in some cases it could be absolutely vital. jmho

Sorry but for me this is kind of illogical, I want to believe in this case PARTICULARLY you want to use the Media to your advantage knowing a child is missing and not just missing but missing without a trace, you would use every single news media out there if you believe your child has been abducted so the face of your little one is out there. This isn't really about thinking less of the parents. This is not about them, this is about finding a missing 2 year old child that has been missing for over 2 weeks.

I don't see how saying "The people who went on the trip were A, B, C, D, E..." has anything to do with interest. It's just one line in an article.

Unless... person D is someone famous. Like Obama or Caitlin Jenner.

http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks

according to this the grandfather said the parents were setting up camp

The elder Kunz says the boy's parents were setting up camp and assumed Mitchell's grandfather, who was also on the trip, was watching the boy. The grandfather assumed the boy's parents were watching him, says Kunz.

Thank you for posting the article. I read it and then the comments. I know they are to be called rumor but several of them mention the Sheriff leading this investigation is related to the family. I have not heard that before. Is it true?

Unless... person D is someone famous. Like Obama or Caitlin Jenner.

That would just make the media more likely to publish the information. Celebrities/public figures are not granted any privacy, and would bring in so much interest/ratings.

That would just make the media more likely to publish the information. Celebrities/public figures are not granted any privacy, and would bring in so much interest/ratings.

It depends on who is the celebrity/public figure. There are some who are "untouchable".

Many years ago when I was working in a newspaper (in a foreign language) I was investigating a very popular soccer coach for alleged rape of a disable child. The people working with me and I were about to publish his name (after we have been working on the story for at least two years). The day BEFORE we were about to publish his name, he showed up out of the blue with very expensive watches for ALL of us. He did not say anything but we knew. I returned the watch and published his name the next day. My co-workers kept the watches.

Sorry but for me this is kind of illogical, I want to believe in this case PARTICULARLY you want to use the Media to your advantage knowing a child is missing and not just missing but missing without a trace, you would use every single news media out there if you believe your child has been abducted so the face of your little one is out there. This isn't really about thinking less of the parents. This is not about them, this is about finding a missing 2-year-old child that has been missing for over 2 weeks.

They have not given any interviews other than the initial one that I have seen so my guess is that they may not think that he was abducted at this point. I believe that LE knows what they are doing and will guide the parents the best that they can in what they should do. Just because it is the norm to get on the nationally syndicated news shows does not mean that they HAVE TO. All I am saying is that I am not going to judge them for not going on NG etc. I wouldn't. And while this may not be only about them, it is their child and it is their life and LE and others can only suggest what they could do....and I do think it is more about them and their child than what the media/internet etc. thinks...they will have to live with their choices not us. jmho

The day BEFORE we were about to publish his name, he showed up out of the blue with very expensive watches for ALL of us. He did not say anything but we knew. I returned the watch and published his name the next day. My co-workers kept the watches.

Because thanks aren't enough. Yeah, you go!! :rollercoaster::great::great::great:

As far as the discussion about bears or cougars taking a child I believe anybody worth their salt in tracking would know if there are any of them in the area.

I watch a lot of Animal Planet shows and one I have been following is The Last Alaskans.

They depend on the animals for their food and they are excellent in finding who, what and where of the animals have been in the area.

They can tell how long ago they were there, which way they were headed and all kinds of information about them.

Surely in those 300 hunting for DeOrr there were trackers that would be able to know that information from being there.

MOO

Do you mind to expand?

Like you (and other's) have said, if this was indeed an abduction, specifically a stranger, they would be on the news screaming for someone to return their child.

I think LE has filled them in on some other possible scenarios and they are trusting LE's opinion in that regard.

This is all just my opinion, mind you.

"US" having the friends name will not solve this case. LE knows who he is, where he came from, if he has a record or not, where he was, where he wasn't...etc...

WE won't solve this case. WE are just looking for something to talk about, IMO.

I agree. It's a small town. If any locals want to know the ggf's friend's name, all they need to do is make a couple of phone calls.

I'm not sure why knowing if Deorr was playing with cars or picking berries is important. He was there at the campground, then he was gone. Only his parents and grandma have given interviews, and they weren't there the moment he disappeared. Apparently GGF and friend, who were there, weren't watching him. Nobody knows what Deorr was doing except Deorr himself.

As to no new news, Idaho Falls' newspaper had an updated article yesterday. Sadly it's by subscription only. This is a rural area. The parents are at a campground more than 2 hours from the nearest city. I don't expect another interview unless there is breaking news.

http://www.postregister.com/article...two-weeks-later-still-no-sign-missing-toddler

They have not given any interviews other than the initial one that I have seen so my guess is that they may not think that he was abducted at this point.

Well, that's just pure speculation. What we know so far is what we have been told by them that they believe little Deorr was abducted.

Just because it is the norm to get on the nationally syndicated news shows does not mean that they HAVE TO.

No, of course not. They do not have to do anything they do not want to. I was pointing out at the importance of using Media to search for a missing child. I mean, we need to be logical here. Nobody can deny the power that mass communication has with regards to finding information about a missing person.

All I am saying is that I am not going to judge them for not going on NG etc. I wouldn't.

This isn't about judging.

.and I do think it is more about them and their child than what the media/internet etc. thinks...they will have to live with their choices not us. jmho

Respectfully, I think you are missing my point. This isn't about what the media and internet thinks. This is about finding a 2 year old who is missing. Going to national media, putting your child's face out there, asking people to give tips, etc can never be counterproductive.

Like you (and other's) have said, if this was indeed an abduction, specifically a stranger, they would be on the news screaming for someone to return their child.

I think LE has filled them in on some other possible scenarios and they are trusting LE's opinion in that regard.

This is all just my opinion, mind you.

This is just speculation, but I wonder if LE has found something to convince them of something different. If there was the slightest chance he was abducted they'd probably be in the media constantly. If I was a parent I think it'd take some pretty powerful proof for me to give that possibility up. I'm not sure mere words would convince me.

~~I don't know much about emotional trauma (was just reading about it, though). I can imagine this family is VERY traumatized and may be in some "shut down" mode.....kind of isolating...

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/ptsd-trauma/emotional-and-psychological-trauma.htm#signs

They have not given any interviews other than the initial one that I have seen so my guess is that they may not think that he was abducted at this point. I believe that LE knows what they are doing and will guide the parents the best that they can in what they should do. Just because it is the norm to get on the nationally syndicated news shows does not mean that they HAVE TO. All I am saying is that I am not going to judge them for not going on NG etc. I wouldn't. And while this may not be only about them, it is their child and it is their life and LE and others can only suggest what they could do....and I do think it is more about them and their child than what the media/internet etc. thinks...they will have to live with their choices not us. jmho

Well, that's just pure speculation. What we know so far is what we have been told by them that they believe little Deorr was abducted.

No, of course not. They do not have to do anything they do not want to. I was pointing out at the importance of using Media to search for a missing child. I mean, we need to be logical here. Nobody can deny the power that mass communication has with regards to finding information about a missing person.

This isn't about judging.

Respectfully, I think you are missing my point. This isn't about what the media and internet thinks. This is about finding a 2 year old who is missing. Going to national media, putting your child's face out there, asking people to give tips, etc can never be counterproductive.

Respectfully, I have not missed your point. I disagree with you. And that is fine...no biggie. JMHO

The parents have said they think Deorr was abducted, the media is offering to have them on their shows, there is no reason for them to not take the opportunity. Besides, most of the interview offers probably came in during the beginning of the case, so even if they no longer believe he was abducted, that's no excuse for why they didn't do the interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper