ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, what do the parents smoking have to do with anything?

And I don't buy that the man and child seen at the store were dad and lil DeOrr. How is dad meant to hide a wriggly, active, noisy 2.5 year old for around 5 hours, then in the middle of a search disappear to the store, with a wailing child and not be noticed by those at the campsite searching? That's just impossible really. Ok the woman may have seen a man and a kid in the store, but how many crying 2.5 year old blond boys are in Idaho? I reckon quite a few. Same with black pick up trucks. We've had nothing confirming that the man or the child were dad and DeOrr, and if they had been then LE would have been pushing dad for an explanation.

The smoking was in reference to a post saying that smoking could affect DeOrr's scent re: tracking dogs. We also don't have anything confirming that the man or child were not DeOrrs Sr and Jr. I'm betting LE knows if it was them and what time the two people were at the store. We also don't know who was at the campsite when, except that DK said they (he and JM or all 4 adults?) didn't leave the campsite after 1 pm.

Okayyyy, I see your point. It feels like we're all trying to converse without the use of nouns.

My fault for not being clear in my post. I was referring to physical evidence because people keep bringing it up regarding a predator attack. My (unclear) point was there's no more physical evidence to support or discredit any one theory over another.

Kidnapping: No tire tracks, no footprints, no boots, no screaming child.
Water: No body so far, no boots or clothing snagged.
Land: No body so far, no boots, nothing with the drones, no smell of decomp (this is important IMO).
Animal Predator: No blood, no paw prints, no freshly covered cache, nothing with the drones, no boots.
Human Predator: No smell of decomp, no footprints, no freshly dug grave, nothing with the drones, no body, no boots.

Did I mention the boots??? People keep bringing them up, but they've vanished into thin air no matter what happened to him.

I'm sure it won't be long before someone can provide a link with evidence that mountain lions, eagles, and/or wolves consume cowboy boots regularly, and prefer them to be camo cowboy boots because the flavor is better.

Thank you. I have surely thought of all that and decided a trip to the store so far away would not be needed.

And I remember pages ago we discussed they did pass a few stores on their way in.

I guess we would have to know what kind of campers they all were. Efficient or kind of loosy goosy.

I even thought maybe the GGP needed medicine or oxygen but I don't think they could get it at that little out in the middle of nowhere store.

Tampons and diapers could be...made if you were a true camper.

Bait is something purchased last minute but I don't think a two hour drive down that bumpy road would be worth it. A good fisherman would pick that up on the way in.

I just don't know. It seems they hardly arrived and then left for that store. It just keeps me thinking.

Me too. I've gone over it trying to think what would make me go back and what I've forgotten on different trips (once we had to buy a cheap grill!). I've also thought maybe they all went because Deorr was throwing a fit about going with them. I know they'd just finished a long drive though so that doesn't make so much sense to me, but kids can be unpredictable.

And then there's that EMT/empty bag... That's got me completely stumped.

https://soundcloud.com/idaho-statesman/911-call-deorr-kunz-missing-lemhi-county

I read awhile back that you can hear the dad (whose first name is Vernal - his middle name is Deorr) in the background of Jessica's 911 call which suggests he may have been near her when he made his 911 call. I just listened to Jessica's 911 call again and at 2:45, I can hear another operator ask, "What's your name? Vernal?" And then she tells him that they'll hurry and she'll call if they have any more questions. At 2:57, the original operator then asks Jessica if her husband also called and she never answers and right after that it seems like the audio has been cut/edited because it then picks up mid-sentence with Jessica talking about how they can't find him at the campground. She didn't answer the question about whether her husband called. Starting earlier around 2:24, I can hear a male voice but I can't tell if it's coming from the 911 call center or through Jessica's phone and I can't make out what he is saying. Has anyone else noticed or heard this?

I thought it sounded like the 911 center received DeOrr Sr's call while JM was on the phone with the 911 operator. JMO.

But they're your relatives, even if not by blood. It would be weird if you were calling your local sheriff's grandmother "Grandma". :) JMO

There is a family connection between Jessica's mother and the sheriff's department, but I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Why wouldn't they announce that, though? I only think they would because they announced the Walmart sighting was a "false alarm". If they hadn't told MSM about that one, I would think they aren't bothering to tell when a sighting doesn't pan out. But the Leadore store is a big one and (I believe) the first one, with specific details and what could be significant timing. If they're going to tell MSM that a sighting was mistaken, I'd think they'd start with that one. Huge mystery to me, especially given the way it was addressed in the interview.

I agree completely. And to top it off, the clerk has been approached by media and said she was instructed by LE not to discuss it. Clearly it is sensitive information.

Are we allowed to discuss the store visit and it possibly being rolling papers (previously brought up) and how that would impact the situation? I don't plan on judging anyone.

You might be right but I would have thought that if that were true LE would have said so in order to eliminate her involvement in this case. JMO :)

The store clerk can't be discounted if she was the last one to see him... even if she did get the time wrong by FIVE hours. I think she saw him. Who else saw DeOrr that day?

Me too. I've gone over it trying to think what would make me go back and what I've forgotten on different trips (once we had to buy a cheap grill!). I've also thought maybe they all went because Deorr was throwing a fit about going with them. I know they'd just finished a long drive though so that doesn't make so much sense to me, but kids can be unpredictable.

Maybe their trip to the store had to do with that bag. Maybe they bought one there, or something that should have been in it but when arriving at the campsite they found out it wasn't. Maybe ggp sometimes needed something like that? (Could also explain why the information is not shared, too sensitive perhaps?) Just speculating.

Are we allowed to discuss the store visit and it possibly being rolling papers (previously brought up) and how that would impact the situation? I don't plan on judging anyone.
Speculation should be based on fact. So unless you have a link that proves the couple bought rolling papers, I'd say the answer is no.

Thank you. I have surely thought of all that and decided a trip to the store so far away would not be needed.

And I remember pages ago we discussed they did pass a few stores on their way in.

I guess we would have to know what kind of campers they all were. Efficient or kind of loosy goosy.

I even thought maybe the GGP needed medicine or oxygen but I don't think they could get it at that little out in the middle of nowhere store.

Tampons and diapers could be...made if you were a true camper.

Bait is something purchased last minute but I don't think a two hour drive down that bumpy road would be worth it. A good fisherman would pick that up on the way in.

I just don't know. It seems they hardly arrived and then left for that store. It just keeps me thinking.

~~Perhaps the little guy was cranky/overtired and they thought the drive would settle him and help him fall asleep for his nap?

~~On another note, could someone(s) have "arrived" while they were gone on their shopping trip?

Today I keep thinking of why they would drive to the campsite and then turn around and drive two hours back and forth to the store. Whatever would they need so badly to make that long trip on that bad road.

They knew they were going camping so I would think they would be prepared.

Also I keep wondering if they had a trailer or a tent. Trailer camping seems to come equiped with everything one would need. That plus a cooler full of ice and cold things.

What would do you think would take them on that long distance drive to the store right after passing how many stores on the drive to the campsite???

Cigarettes..they would surely have a supply.
Lady things...women know how to make due.
Food stuffs...they knew they were camping.
Camping stuff...again they knew they were camping.
Gas...they had to have plenty to make that two hour trip.

Why did they leave just after arriving?

I thought it was forty minutes round trip?

Or he could have toddled far enough away from the men that the lion had easy access. I'm now on the fence about the mountain lion because of other posts. It seems like it could happen, even if it's unlikely. But would there be some evidence? Seems to be dispute about that amongst several very knowledgeable people. If so, why wasn't it detected? Except for drowning, isn't every outcome we're allowed to discuss very unlikely?
In my opinion, yes.

bbm

What is rolling paper? Toilet paper?

Paper for rolling cigarettes of a couple types. I'm not saying it has anything to do with anything, just answering the question. [emoji74]

The EMT bag reminds me of a place one might stash things besides actual medical supplies. ;)

I don't know what to make of the store visit yet providing it did happen. The problem with the time is quite curious. There should not be a 5 hour discrepancy.

One thing a person may drive a long way to get for camping would be a cigarette lighter (maybe the one they had ran out of fuel so was a bit of a surprise?).

Paper for rolling cigarettes of a couple types. I'm not saying it has anything to do with anything, just answering the question. [emoji74]

Oh right. Of course :doh: Thanks for explaining!

And most curiously detailed. I have not heard of many cases where the timeline of people having eyes on one is down to under a 5 minute window. Pretty specific for a place where there are no clocks and no real sense of time exists. 4 minutes? Why didn't they just round up? Odd.

I'm sorry I shouldn't have even said anything.

I grew up around there. The predominant religion in the area has a big impact on the community culture there, arguably an impact more intensely than other places and with other religions. In that culture there are cues you're trained to notice starting from around oh birth, which tell you about whether or not someone is a church and/or their ummm standing in the church sorta?

It has nothing to do with DeOrr per se I was just thinking in terms of how people may or may not view the parents?

Wth..... what does this even mean... brain fart?????? I find that very weird u would say this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24