ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with the "trip to the store"? When my husband and I take a road trip to a place we've never visited, the first thing we do after we reach our destination and settle in, is take off in the car to "explore" and get our bearings. Usually we'll look for a small store or pub to stop in and talk with the locals. More often than not, we have forgotten something, so we'll pick up that item if it's available. I didn't think we were unusual in that respect, but perhaps I was wrong.

I agree with your post and I tend to do the same. I think the fact that they had a small child with them is what might be throwing people off.

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with the "trip to the store"? When my husband and I take a road trip to a place we've never visited, the first thing we do after we reach our destination and settle in, is take off in the car to "explore" and get our bearings. Usually we'll look for a small store or pub to stop in and talk with the locals. More often than not, we have forgotten something, so we'll pick up that item if it's available. I didn't think we were unusual in that respect, but perhaps I was wrong.

I don't have a problem with it and I don't think you're unusual. I just can't help myself trying to figure out why they went. No judgment against the parents for going, and I believe what they said about going.

I will repeat the same question I have been asking since the start of the thread:

Who places little DeOrr at the campsite besides family and Isaac Reinwand? Any witnesses?

Paper for rolling cigarettes of a couple types. I'm not saying it has anything to do with anything, just answering the question. [emoji74]

There are ways to smoke that don't require paper. Perhaps a pipe, an empty coke can, tin foil?

:thinking: I like throwing out ideas as much as the next person, but it's helpful if one backs it up with known facts. If I want to hint they stopped off at a girly strip club, I'd need to back it up with something.

Maybe their trip to the store had to do with that bag. Maybe they bought one there, or something that should have been in it but when arriving at the campsite they found out it wasn't. Maybe ggp sometimes needed something like that? (Could also explain why the information is not shared, too sensitive perhaps?) Just speculating.
Good thought. Maybe that emt bag has to do with the store somehow. I'd have to go back but was the emt bag brought up in the interview near the time they were discussing the rumor about the store?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This article seems to have a new detail I haven't heard before:

"Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman did confirm to EastIdahoNews.com that Reinwand was at the campsite alongside DeOrr's parents, when the boy went missing."

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...-search-deorr-kuna-persons-interest/30799181/

So, was Isaac with the Great Grandpa when DeOrr went missing, or was he "alongside the parents?" Up until then, I thought the parents had gone off on their own. So confusing!

It's like that old game of telephone where you pass a message from one person to another and see how warped it gets at the end. Here is a link to the East Idaho News version of that article: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/sheriff-family-friend-not-a-suspect-in-deorr-kunz-case/:

"Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman confirmed Isaac Reinwand, 35, of Idaho Falls, was at the Timber Creek Campground on July 10 alongside Deorr’s parents Jessica Mitchell and Deorr Kunz Sr. and his as yet unnamed great-grandfather."

I don't take it to mean he was actually there the moment he went missing, but there at the campground, in the general vicinity that day. The reporters are trying to be creative with their wording and it just adds to the confusion.

If you haven't seen it, the video attached to that story is definitely a must watch.

There are ways to smoke that don't require paper. Perhaps a pipe, an empty coke can, tin foil?

:thinking: I like throwing out ideas as much as the next person, but it's helpful if one backs it up with known facts. If I want to hint they stopped off at a girly strip club, I'd need to back it up with something.

True. Soda cans, apples, etc. it's amazing how inventive one can get lol. I'd say desperation is the mother of invention, not necessity.

But yeah, nothing to indicate that was the case here. I don't doubt they went to the store. I don't feel anything but sympathy for the whole family.

In my experience people who use drugs are always prepared. Jmoo....but I have witnessed people spend more time packing and preparing that facet of supplies then any other item on their list.

I will repeat the same question I have been asking since the start of the thread:

Who places little DeOrr at the campsite besides family? Any witnesses?

RSBM

Was DeOrr enrolled in a daycare ? I'm trying to think of who saw him besides family.
Still keep going back to the sheriff's statement that the family "..is solid". So the sheriff must have been able to confirm who last saw DeOrr. LE doesn't have to update us as to who can verify that DeOrr was indeed at the campsite ; so we just need to take it on faith.

Mainly marking my spot--- and am otherwise lurking a bit. Here we are on page 29 and thread #4 and not a shred of evidence as to what happened to this poor little guy ! :(
Thanks to everyone who has been posting and updating on what little news there is.
:moo:

Sure, but not sure how credible we should consider that witness, given his demeanor and criminal history...

I agree and I would add word choice to the list. His language did not give a strong indication of DeOrr's presence. I answered based on the known facts.

I agree and I would add word choice to the list. His language did not give a strong indication of DeOrr's presence. I answered based on the known facts.

If he says DeOrr was there and we don't believe him it also means we don't believe the parents. Which, imo, goes back to treating them as suspects and not victims. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe doubting what he says doesn't necessarily mean not believing the parents, but I don't know how that would work, other than to suggest IR was never there.

It doesn't make sense to me at all. When we go camping the idea is to rough it, so if you forget something you just do without it. If you are set out to spend the weekend in the woods, why would you drive into town unless it was really critical? No need to stop and meet locals or explore the surrounding area, if your plan is to spend a few days in an isolated place. Besides, would you want to drive 40 minutes on an unpaved road after you just got done making that trip to get to your planned destination?

If we need something we stop on the way in. Once in the campsite we rarely ever get in the car and drive anywhere.

The whole trip to the store thing is driving me crazy too. I have a feeling that there was no trip to the store. It just doesn't make sense.

But they did stop at the Leadore store. The parents don't deny that, they seem to confirm the store sighting, as well as the candy purchase (they don't deny that part either). They just don't agree on that 6 in the evening time.

I think they stopped at the Stage Stop before heading to the campsite... but I guess they could've gone to the campsite and then go back toward Leadore afterwards.

Kinda OT, but JM's 911 call: she is good at giving directions when asked for her location. In this day of GPS and Google maps, that is pretty awesome.

RSBM

Was DeOrr enrolled in a daycare ? I'm trying to think of who saw him besides family.
Still keep going back to the sheriff's statement that the family "..is solid". So the sheriff must have been able to confirm who last saw DeOrr. LE doesn't have to update us as to who can verify that DeOrr was indeed at the campsite ; so we just need to take it on faith.

Mainly marking my spot--- and am otherwise lurking a bit. Here we are on page 29 and thread #4 and not a shred of evidence as to what happened to this poor little guy ! :(
Thanks to everyone who has been posting and updating on what little news there is.
:moo:

I have followed every step of the search and there is nobody outside the poi who place him there. If we knew more of the details regarding the store clerks sighting we might be able to validate his presence...but that's as close as we get....and it's not too close.

Perhaps it was something like tampons or rolling papers like something that they needed and thought they had enough of just I'm thinking rolling papers because you really can't tell how many you have left in the pack. I also thought the lighter idea was good because you can shake the lighter and hear the fluid and it seems like it's fine but they surprise you sometimes even bics. And who wants to use a campfire to let your cigarette all weekend not me sorry this is voice to text so that's why it's weird

But would you double back for a two hour trip to "explore" the area and talk to locals? That is quite a distance to go and cut into the first day of activity when setting up camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14