ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hear it loud and clear. She says "have you told them/him about the emt bag". She goes on to say because that needs to be addressed. The male reporter then says social media can be a good thing or a bad thing.

So that tells me there was something being discussed on social media pertaining to an emt bag. And then JM says we just don't want things twisted.

Very curious.

Thank you! Maybe it is just my slow satellite internet connection that is causing the sound to soften during that part of the video. I listened to it twice just now and it did the same thing both times. Or I really am going crazy.

I agree -- I'm only quoting your post because it helped me put my finger on what's been bothering me this whole time...I know that here on WS, we have to take our cue from LE, and we do have to take it on faith. I just hope that the sheriff ISN'T just taking it on faith, though...I hope that his thorough investigation has led him to his belief that things are "solid," and not just a feeling on his part.

It has been so long, I'm sure that if Little Deorr is out in that wilderness alone somewhere, it is too late to rescue him now. (Unless the wolf pack took him in and is taking care of him...) For some reason, this is the first case where I've been scared that maybe every possibility HASN'T been investigated, because none of LE's statements have given me the confidence I usually feel that EVERYTHING is being done that possibly can. It wouldn't take much difference in the given accounts, for the search to have ended up being in the wrong area, etc.

Is it true that the Sheriff is related to this family? I don't think for an instant that he is corrupt or anything like that...but I do know that it would be easier to take my family's (or someone who I know personally) word, straight up, than if I were dealing with strangers. And what it all really boils down to, is that there is a toddler lost/hurt/kidnapped up there in the wilderness, and from the searches based on the given facts, there have been NO clues (that we are aware of) to give any inkling as to what has happened to him.
I think it is very easy for us to be worried and frustrated because we are not given the details of the investigation. I have faith that they are doing their job and care about finding little DeOrr. I really feel that just because we don't hear about it, doesn't mean they aren't working hard on it. JMO

If anyone sees an error, please let me know. We can update this as people are named in MSM.

View attachment 78995

That's really great! Could you maybe highlight the names or titles of the ones that were there camping so it would be easy to refer people to which ones they were? Even just naming the names seems to confuse people since there are 3 gens of DeOrrs. Just a thought. Thanks for putting that together!

what item was given to the dogs to smell that had Deorr's scent on it - please do not say that blanket the Dad spoke of in the interview... i believe he made a point of telling viewers "it is not a replica" - sorry no link - a million pages behind - and cant find the link to that interview

I hear it At 5:50. The reporter asks the family if anyone else was camping nearby or did they see anything out of the ordinary. Then someone in the background mentions the EMT bag, that needs to be addressed.

Sounds like the family discovered an empty EMT bag near their campground?

Thanks! It must just be my computer. We don't know what the EMT bag comment means and have discussed it to death in earlier threads. It's another one of the mysteries in this case.

I agree -- I'm only quoting your post because it helped me put my finger on what's been bothering me this whole time...I know that here on WS, we have to take our cue from LE, and we do have to take it on faith. I just hope that the sheriff ISN'T just taking it on faith, though...I hope that his thorough investigation has led him to his belief that things are "solid," and not just a feeling on his part.

It has been so long, I'm sure that if Little Deorr is out in that wilderness alone somewhere, it is too late to rescue him now. (Unless the wolf pack took him in and is taking care of him...) For some reason, this is the first case where I've been scared that maybe every possibility HASN'T been investigated, because none of LE's statements have given me the confidence I usually feel that EVERYTHING is being done that possibly can. It wouldn't take much difference in the given accounts, for the search to have ended up being in the wrong area, etc.

Is it true that the Sheriff is related to this family? I don't think for an instant that he is corrupt or anything like that...but I do know that it would be easier to take my family's (or someone who I know personally) word, straight up, than if I were dealing with strangers. And what it all really boils down to, is that there is a toddler lost/hurt/kidnapped up there in the wilderness, and from the searches based on the given facts, there have been NO clues (that we are aware of) to give any inkling as to what has happened to him.

I think it is very easy for us to be worried and frustrated because we are not given the details of the investigation. I have faith that they are doing their job and care about finding little DeOrr. I really feel that just because we don't hear about it, doesn't mean they aren't working hard on it. JMO

Ok, so while I was browsing news stories about Idaho the other day, I came across this one about rolling / toilet paper:
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2015/07/23/blm-pooping-cyclist-started-foothills-fire/30584071/

What a stupid cyclist! Why would it even occur to you to burn your own waste? Especially in the middle of the summer during a drought year. He could have just dug a latrine or even just pooped, wiped, and moved on. Not great enviro practice but better than staring a fire!

What do you mean by 'cultural significance'?

I know. I'm sorry. Sigh. Okay. That area is predominately one religion historically. And that religion holds beliefs about smoking. So when you grow up in that culture, there's an implied belief that you can identify a fellow religious member by the presence or lack of presence of something, in this case a cigarette. And there are implied beliefs about the significance or lack thereof of that.

There, clear as mud. It's against TOS to invite PM's but I don't want to get off topic or start or fuel anything untoward, either.

I hope that helps

who conducted this interview? and why was it released.. was this LE or a reporter?

I remember that as well. i heard the same thing u did
True. Let me rephrase. :)

Who places little DeOrr at the campsite besides family and Isaac Reinwand? Any witnesses?

You are right. I am troubled by his statements considering he's a grown man. Saying, "I guess he just disappeared" sounds like he's giving thirdhand information. Removing the word "guess" would alter my reaction completely. I'm not accusing any person and I haven't commented on any other aspects of his person. I am just confused by that passive statement.

what item was given to the dogs to smell that had Deorr's scent on it - please do not say that blanket the Dad spoke of in the interview... i believe he made a point of telling viewers "it is not a replica" - sorry no link - a million pages behind - and cant find the link to that interview

I'm not talking about giving his name. I'm talking about even mentioning that there was another person there at the campsite besides the parents and ggp.

Now I'm curious where you got that information, because I've seen references to the friend going back as far as July 15th. I don't want to pick on you, but I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt so if you know they lied along the way I would like to know.

Sounds like he is trying to discredit the store clerk's sighting. "Hearsay"? He insists the clerk has the time wrong, but confirms she saw him and little Deorr (filthy and bawling?) There are a lot of black pick up trucks, so if he thinks his child has been abducted, why wouldn't he want to think someone else had his child at the store at 6 pm? It would be another way to think your child was alive, not drowned or snatched by a wild animal. Did LE ever show Deorr Sr a photo lineup for the store clerk, to see if he saw the same one who reported seeing him?

That's troubling to me as well, black pickup trucks are very common, so why would they immediately discount the sighting, especially after saying they believe he was abducted.

ETA: Nevermind, I'm a little slow sometimes. :sheesh:

I also thought JM gave really good directions, but wasn't that the first time they were ever at this camp ground? I am not so sure, while being panicked and in distress, that I could of given the directions she gave. Kudos to her for trying to keep a calm and rational head!!
MOO

She mentions the Post office / General Store building, and the gas station. She does not mention the Stage Stop by name. I think the Stage Stop is the gas station though...

RSBM

Was DeOrr enrolled in a daycare ? I'm trying to think of who saw him besides family.
Still keep going back to the sheriff's statement that the family "..is solid". So the sheriff must have been able to confirm who last saw DeOrr. LE doesn't have to update us as to who can verify that DeOrr was indeed at the campsite ; so we just need to take it on faith.

Mainly marking my spot--- and am otherwise lurking a bit. Here we are on page 29 and thread #4 and not a shred of evidence as to what happened to this poor little guy ! :(
Thanks to everyone who has been posting and updating on what little news there is.
:moo:

I know. I think maybe this is why we keep going round and round discussing the same few facts we know. There's nothing else. How can there not be even one thing? :(

Maybe their trip to the store had to do with that bag. Maybe they bought one there, or something that should have been in it but when arriving at the campsite they found out it wasn't. Maybe ggp sometimes needed something like that? (Could also explain why the information is not shared, too sensitive perhaps?) Just speculating.

If that was the case, I don't think JM's mom (I think that's who it is off screen on the video) would bring it up and say it needed to be addressed. DK said "we'll get to that", but they never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member