ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thoughts. I hope my post was not against the rues, by the way. My understanding is that we can't quote or discuss it as fact. Others have posted the link to the page and other rumors mentioned.
FB rumors are NOT allowed. Please refer to Posts 2-4 of this thread.

Yeah, it mentions searches but does not mention search warrants. The FBI may very well be obtaining search warrants. This crime happened on federal land.

JMO
Which crime would that be?

This is basically what I just said... I have my doubts we can discuss them even if someone manages to locate them, at least as long as the parents aren't suspects. And they aren't suspects - they are POI.

JMO! :)
You can discuss the fact that the parents' home and vehicles were searched because it was reported in MSM.

If SW's do indeed exist, and that information is confirmed in MSM, you can discuss them.

You can discuss a post made by a LE agency, or MSM reporter on a LE or MSM FB page.

You cannot discuss comments posted on FB. Again, please refer to posts 2-4 of this thread.

I'd advise researching the case of Alanna Gallagher, and the cruel, vicious attacks her parents suffered in the court of public opinion. And btw, search warrants were served on their home and vehicles, too.

If you ASSume a search of the parents' property is a certain indication of guilt, you're mistaken. It's a matter of routine, and I'd be very surprised if those searches had not taken place.

While we cannot quote or discuss them openly here, I really urge you all to go read Trina Clegg (JM's mother) answers to (respectful) questions on the post here, which was linked uphread

https://www.facebook.com/LocalNews8/posts/10153538256878872

They appear as replies under a comment by a KG where she asks if grandpa was questioned. It helps if you sort by most recent.

It clears up a lot of speculation and questions here and may help keep the thread more on track if we don't have to bicker over things like what the FBI is doing, the EMT bag or what vehicles were at the site and if there are search warrants.

Hopefully one of the reporters will reach out to TC to get those points on the record for us.

While we cannot quote or discuss them openly here, I really urge you all to go read Trina Clegg (JM's mother) answers to (respectful) questions on the post here, which was linked uphread

https://www.facebook.com/LocalNews8/posts/10153538256878872

They appear as replies under a comment by a KG where she asks if grandpa was questioned. It helps if you sort by most recent.

It clears up a lot of speculation and questions here and may help keep the thread more on track if we don't have to bicker over things like what the FBI is doing, the EMT bag or what vehicles were at the site and if there are search warrants.

Hopefully one of the reporters will reach out to TC to get those points on the record for us.

Thank You. That was worth searching for because Grandma answered a lot of questions.

And that would be why the sighting was at 6pm - they were on their way in. Then they camped over night and went to the store as a family the next day. That would explain a few things, although they talked about the black truck sighting at 6pm... and I'm still confused.

~~But wait! If they were on their way in Thursday, stopped at the store at 6 p.m., they'd get to the campsite around 6:45, right? Still light out, wouldn't it be?

You mean we need to figure out how to obtain the search warrants? To me that would be sleuthing them which isn't allowed. Or do you mean we need to figure out if they'd been executed?

I think they were at the site for awhile but (imo) it's possible they did go home at some point. Aren't they at home now?

The parents have been cooperating with LE so I don't think we can discuss search warrants of their home as that would probably be considered sleuthing.:thinking:

IMO it raises a lot of new questions and conflicts with some statements that have already been made.

Well, let's hope they had warrants. It would save a lot of admissibility issues if they found something that they wanted to use later at a trial. It seems very reasonable to search the home of a missing child and the vehicles of his mother and father, not suspicious at all.

The parents do not set off any red flags for me. They seem to be just regular folks who love their family and something horrible has happened to their child whom they love with all their hearts.

In this case, where there is absolutely no evidence, I think LE MUST cross every T and dot every I and leave no stone unturned in trying to determine not only what DID happen to Deorr but also what DIDN'T happen. They must "rule out" which, IMO, is the reason for bringing in the FBI. The sheriff wants this case "resolved" and the more that can be ruled out, the closer he comes to a resolution.

~~But wait! If they were on their way in Thursday, stopped at the store at 6 p.m., they'd get to the campsite around 6:45, right? Still light out, wouldn't it be?

I believe they came into camp from the opposite direction from the store.

MOO

IMO it raises a lot of new questions and conflicts with some statements that have already been made.

You actually think there is no probable cause for a search warrant? Seriously? The parents are cooperating and a search authorized by consent is just that. I'm baffled what you are trying to prove.

I absolutely agree with gitana1. There IS no probable cause. What probable cause do YOU "see" regarding the parents (I presume)?

It's possible, but I read in the people.com article that the parents were "setting up camp" when DeOrr Jr. disappeared. What about that? I would think camp would have been set up long before Friday afternoon if they arrived Thursday night! Here's the quote: "The elder Kunz says the boy's parents were setting up camp and assumed Mitchell's grandfather, who was also on the trip, was watching the boy. The grandfather assumed the boy's parents were watching him, says Kunz. "

I'll note that this account contradicts the parents' account of exploring as well, though, so it's unclear which version is accurate!

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20938555,00.html

Well, if I didn't arrive at a campsite until late at night, I'd probably set up only what had to be set up and leave the rest till morning.

As for little man (I don't remember who first mentioned it), it's a diminutive, along the same lines of calling a daughter "baby girl" or "little lady." It doesn't mean anything other than his mom had a pet name, a nickname, for her son. DH calls our boys "buddy," and I've called them "little dude" on a few occasions. It may be more of a cultural/regional thing, but it's definitely not something that strikes me as odd or hinky.

Well, if I didn't arrive at a campsite until late at night, I'd probably set up only what had to be set up and leave the rest till morning.

As for little man (I don't remember who first mentioned it), it's a diminutive, along the same lines of calling a daughter "baby girl" or "little lady." It doesn't mean anything other than his mom had a pet name, a nickname, for her son. DH calls our boys "buddy," and I've called them "little dude" on a few occasions. It may be more of a cultural/regional thing, but it's definitely not something that strikes me as odd or hinky.

Similar to "Bubba"?

Trina Clegg's comments on FB were very helpful. Thanks to whoever brought it to my attention.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...zales-9-San-Bernardino-Mountains-31-July-2004

I'm reading the thread that ILOKAL gave us, and this is amazing. Post #23:

Sounds familiar, huh? (My bold)

I hope it's okay that I brought that over.

Another poster (sorry, don't remember who) mentioned the Colorado case of Jaryd Atadero. Here's a brief link. Lots of additional information is available.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/partial-remains-of-missing-littleton-boy-found

When I first began this research I was looking for "mountain lion attacks". Only recently have I come to realize the place to look is "missing forest campground woods park". You won't believe the number of cases!

Another poster (sorry, don't remember who) mentioned the Colorado case of Jaryd Atadero. Here's a brief link. Lots of additional information is available.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/partial-remains-of-missing-littleton-boy-found

When I first began this research I was looking for "mountain lion attacks". Only recently have I come to realize the place to look is "missing forest campground woods park". You won't believe the number of cases!

Sure I would. Just read the Missing 411 books by David Paulides. There are hundreds of the same type of cases. Paulides, however, says S&R have rules out animal attacks. Somebody needs to smarten up says I. I also believe Dennis Martin was taken by a cougar. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-Nat-Park-14-June-1969&p=1531964#post1531964

Sure I would. Just read the Missing 411 books by David Paulides. There are hundreds of the same type of cases. Paulides, however, says S&R have rules out animal attacks. Somebody needs to smarten up says I. I also believe Dennis Martin was taken by a cougar. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-Nat-Park-14-June-1969&p=1531964#post1531964

From what I've read David Paulides "believes" Sasquatch took these victims, but he does address many cases of the missing in various forest, camping, park, woods, etc locations.

Yes, I read a bit about the Dennis Martin case, Garrett Bardsley, Jarrd Negrete, JD Phillips. There's SO many I doubt I will ever read them all. Mountain lions are considered to be the most powerful animal in North America. Their power, stealth, leaping and jumping abilities, and how they stalk and close in on their selected prey, their ability to instantly kill much of their prey, not to mention their premolars, makes them a truly silent abductor/killer!

Thanks so much for your research on these victims.

BBM - You might be right. It sounds like it's very possible they may have arrived on Thursday night, b/c TC in her FB replies on the KIFI page said that she threw away a dirty diaper of Deorr's from Friday morning. Thus, the family would have needed to arrive before Friday afternoon, at the very least.

Hasn't it already been determined, without question, that they DID, indeed, arrive before Friday afternoon?

Hasn't it already been determined, without question, that they DID, indeed, arrive before Friday afternoon?

Well, I've been busy so I haven't read every single post - so maybe, but I didn't see it...

BBM - You might be right. It sounds like it's very possible they may have arrived on Thursday night, b/c TC in her FB replies on the KIFI page said that she threw away a dirty diaper of Deorr's from Friday morning. Thus, the family would have needed to arrive before Friday afternoon, at the very least.

If you read all of her posts, you will know the exact timeline she suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14