ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still there. It's way down the list of comments. A woman's comment has about 196 replies to it. That is where you will find answers by Jessica's mother. Assuming that it is really her.

My computer says it was posted yesterday at 4:55 pm, but I think that changes based on what time zone you are in. The initials of the person making the original comment are KG and there are 193 comments. The comments you are looking for are in that 193.

From what I have read about this case, it has gone from from LE slowly trying to rule out possibilities, the announcement of moving in a new direction, POIs announced, now FBI team here in town. What will be the next phase be??? The sad part, no happy ending that I can see for anyone. This is a truly tragic case IMO; actually they all are but, this one is a mystery & needs to be solved.

Yes. I remember that clearly. There have been others as well.Still different from this one. For many reasons. For one, they have stated here, very clearly that they do not suspect nor expect foul play in this case. Plus they've said the parents are solid and they're good with the parents. In Noah's case, they said there was no evidence of foul play. Which was probably true until they found his body only five days into the search. It's been three weeks here.

You also have to look at the circumstances of the cases. The circumstances of the two disappearances are quite, quite different, including location of disappearance, adults present, and time without finding a body.

Davis was not at the news conference Monday evening because he was meeting with the Thomas family. Noah's parents, Paul Thomas and Ashley White, have been cooperating with authorities, Davis said.

Earlier Monday, Davis said that they did not suspect foul play in regards to Thomas’ disappearance.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/dev...s-office-searching-for-missing-child/31952240

The county even paid for a room for the parents while they searched for him which goes back to the "good buddies" scenario:

A source close to the investigation interviewed for this report confirmed that during the initial stages of the investigation, the county paid for White and Thomas to stay in the hotel room.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/n...cle_2eb0c3cf-4196-5d23-8e16-e73b21f42e61.html

I know the circumstances of both cases and they are not all that different: Parents claim their child wandered off (one from the house and other from campsite). Parents are said to be cooperating fully with LE. Check. Parents are not POIs in Noah's case and yet Parents are openly called POIs in this case. (So that is different because you would expect it to be the other way around) LE stated they did not suspect foul play. Check. LE stated parents were distraught or otherwise & acted sympathetic. Check. LE provided a place for Noah's parents to stay giving parents a sense of trust and sympathy. This case has LE throwing around language to do the same. Check. Adult was said to be present when Noah disappeared. Adult was said to be present when DeOrr disappeared. Check.

Frankly, I see many similarities. Granted, they found Noah on the 5th day and this has stretched into 3 weeks. However, we can't use that as a sticking point. Until DeOrr is actually found, we won't know exactly where he disappeared from. It could be logical to conclude it was the campsite at that time, but maybe not.

Regarding the FB stuff, if you go to the article and select "recent activity", it is currently the 2nd post down. The 4th post down (with 72 replies as of this moment) has posts from someone claiming to be Jessica's sister.

P.S. OT -- Jules71, I am not able to reply to your private msg -- it says your PM box is full.

I don't understand how throwing away a diaper on a certain day relates to any of the information, but someone earlier posted about how your mind might get caught on the smallest, weirdest detail as if it means something. I think that's probably what happened here.

I believe its importance was establishing DeOrr's presence at the campsite. It was offered as a piece of evidence.

:tantrum: Warning that article is probably wrong. We discussed this on the previous page. The author says JM and DK told investigators that they arrived on the 10th. How does she know that?? It is a stated as a fact, but has nothing to back it. Most likely the author saw it printed on the timeline on East Idaho News and assumed it came from authorities. However, it appears as if the East Idaho News timeline is also probably wrong.

It really amazes me how some people need to grab on to certain "factoids" just to make their own point even if what they are grabbing onto is wrong. :banghead:
Who wants to call the reporter and ask if it was verified? All the other articles I had read just said the family traveled from their Idaho Falls home to the campground on July 10. This one was different to me because it claimed this is what they "told investigators". That makes it sound like this reporter got the info from the investigators. If that is the case and hypothetically they arrived a day earlier - that would send up a red flag for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This is my first post and I hope I am doing this correctly. I don't see where your questions were answered so I wanted to be helpful if I can. I am a SAR K9 Handler in Walla Walla County WA State...

Hey! Thanks so much for explaining it all so clearly! I really do appreciate it and I see that many others do as well.

The two sites I looked at had basic SAR courses and then several more advanced courses and training for people with a mix of classroom, field, and then CPR/first aid type courses. The K9 training looked much more in depth and that's what made me question what was required to actually be out in the field searching.

Once again, thanks for the in-depth answer and thank you for what you do!

Regarding the FB stuff, if you go to the article and select "recent activity", it is currently the 2nd post down. The 4th post down (with 72 replies as of this moment) has posts from someone claiming to be Jessica's sister.

P.S. OT -- Jules71, I am not able to reply to your private msg -- it says your PM box is full.
Thanks for letting me know - for some reason on Tapatalk it doesn't tell me. Try again, I deleted some.

Who wants to call the reporter and ask if it was verified? All the other articles I had read just said the family traveled from their Idaho Falls home to the campground on July 10. This one was different to me because it claimed this is what they "told investigators". That makes it sound like this reporter got the info from the investigators. If that is the case and hypothetically they arrived a day earlier - that would send up a red flag for me.

I know that the East Idaho News said that they arrived Friday morning in their timeline article: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/deorr-kunz-disappearance-a-timeline-of-events/ And now Reuters is reporting it. Both of these sources do not say where that factoid came from. Have you seen any other articles with this information? If so, please post a link.

Respectfully snipped by me:

Frankly, I see many similarities. Granted, they found Noah on the 5th day and this has stretched into 3 weeks. However, we can't use that as a sticking point. Until DeOrr is actually found, we won't know exactly where he disappeared from. It could be logical to conclude it was the campsite at that time, but maybe not.

Thank you ~ This case does seem very similar & I agree you can't compare Noah's body being found & DeOrr is still missing. Unfortunately & sadly we learn the results of cases, although they may become statistics it does help for the future, like search & rescue and the list goes on sadly.

~~Thank you so much for all you do. I am completely blown away.

Dog question: If your dogs were out doing a search and they smelled a Mountain Lion, what would their reaction be? I just know that sometimes when walking my own dogs (we live in a very rural location), they slow down and come to a complete halt and will not go any further. The body language I see on them is "worried." Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your kindness.

I can only speak for my own dog. I have a certified cadaver K9. She has some wilderness experience but not any mountain lions. With other large animals in the past she became anxious but kept working. I can still see it and I would pull her for safety until the area was clear and I felt she was ready to return to work. An anxious dog does not perform well. All dogs of course are different.
Search management with cadaver dogs is different then it is with a trailing dog or an air scent dog.

I know that the East Idaho News said that they arrived Friday morning in their timeline article: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/deorr-kunz-disappearance-a-timeline-of-events/ And now Reuters is reporting it. Both of these sources do not say where that factoid came from. Have you seen any other articles with this information? If so, please post a link.

My main point was the Reuters one saying 'the parents told investigators' they went there on the 10th. This was the first time that gave any indication where that info came from. I guess a reporter could just make up that the parents told investigators that. I'm not a reporter or a journalist and I know better than to do that.

So at this point we do not know one way or another if they told investigators this.

Or others who insist it was Friday. :rolleyes:

We do NOT have a verified source for that particular factoid.

It's been Friday since the case began. Insisting on reinventing this wheel is waaayyyyy over the top, IMO!

It's been Friday since the case began. Insisting on reinventing this wheel is waaayyyyy over the top, IMO!
So let's say you heard differently by someone close to the case that they arrived on a different day - would you still believe what has been stated in msm without a source?

ETA: I have not heard the parents in an interview or read a quote from them stating when they arrived.

So let's say you heard differently by someone close to the case that they arrived on a different day - would you still believe what has been stated in msm without a source?

ETA: I have not heard the parents in an interview or read a quote from them stating when they arrived.

Was this person present at the site when they arrived?

What is actually fact? The FBI is involved now doing re-interviews & investigating. I kind of expect 'a little something' tidbit in the press, where they are headed. After that it may get quiet or we may hear a lot. They know their stuff!

No but we have not heard directly from anyone who was present - including the parents.

I know your first question wasn't directed at me, but I don't believe anything stated in MSM without a source, and I would be hesitant to believe someone who wasn't there. Especially if it contradicts what the people who were there say (or don't say as the case may be).

OK I went back and re-read some of the earlier articles of this case and most all of them state little Deorr went missing on or was last seen on 7/10. So you're right - it looks like just East Idaho news and Reuters are saying they traveled there on 7/10. The difference being Reuters indicating this was told to investigators.

I listened to the call...I did not here the time 1:50. Where in this tape did you here that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm