ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dirty diaper is just meant to address the question of "was he even at the campground?" "Yes, he was, because there was a dirty diaper." Doesn't necessarily mean there was only one diaper or factor into timelines, just lends credence to the fact he was there. IMO.

Weird that the dogs didn't hone in on the dirty diaper or the tree after it was removed. I'm not a camper, so I'm guessing people hang a dirty diaper (and trash in general) in a tree to keep it from attracting predators. Is it possible the diaper did exactly that?

Coming from Idaho Falls, you don't have to go clear to Leadore. You can go straight to the campground. It is several miles further up the highway to Leadore. From Leadore, you can take another route up to the campground.

If they stopped at the store (which I thought was in Leadore - I may be wrong) at 6 pm, how long would it take them to get to the campsite? Could it take them 3 ½ hours?

Things we are not allowed to discuss here:

Diaper disposal
Arrival time
Location of people
Specific disabilities &/or medical devices of anyone
EMT bag specifics
Advice given to family about media

I am certain there are more things said on FB we cannot discuss, but a list is more helpful since people obviously don't know where those things stemmed from and may think we can discuss them.

(Bessie...hope this is okay. If not, please delete.)

What has happened in the case:

-Parents are declared POIs (instead of witnsses, a word that would also mean "because they were at the scene" but without the negative connation)
-FBI is brought in to assist with questioning
-Parents take polygraphs but results will not be released
-The parents' home and car is searched
-LE says they are gathering evidence incase there's a trial one day

What has happened in this case:

- The parents have cooperated fully.
- The parents took polygraphs freely.
- The parents have not lawyered up.
- LE has found no signs of foul play.
-LE states it does not suspect foul play.
-LE states no one at the campsite is a suspect.
- LE states "They're good with me and I'm good with them." When referring to the parents.
- LE states "They're solid." When referring to the parents.

I was going by what the poster who claims to be JM's mother (TC) posted on the FB comments to the news station FB page. She said they arrived around 9:30 or so Thurs night, IIRC. But like the mod said, it may or may not actually be TC posting, so I will not put stock in it or discuss it any further.

Thank you, but I don't think that's what I read there.

Weird that the dogs didn't hone in on the dirty diaper or the tree after it was removed. I'm not a camper, so I'm guessing people hang a dirty diaper (and trash in general) in a tree to keep it from attracting predators. Is it possible the diaper did exactly that?

The tree was probably at the camp site and we know the dogs got his scent there. Wasn't there something about the dogs would get his scent, head out and then return to the campsite?

And yes, anything you think animals might get into is often hung in trees. Especially food!

I was going by what the poster who claims to be JM's mother (TC) posted on the FB comments to the news station FB page. She said they arrived around 9:30 or so Thurs night, IIRC. But like the mod said, it may or may not actually be TC posting, so I will not put stock in it or discuss it any further.

Thank you and I don't expect you to respond :) but that's not what I recall reading over there.

- LE states "They're good with me and I'm good with them." When referring to the parents.
Things that happen in the majority of cases involving missing people regardless who is involved in the disappearance:

-LE says people have fully cooperated in order to continue dialog.
-People take polygraphs & results not shared by LE, but usually by parents/family/friends.
-People get advice from a legal source without hiring a lawyer.
-LE does not declare foul play until a crime scene, blood, weapons, or body is found.
-LE does not have to declare a suspect until after arrest is made.
-LE takes "Good ole' boy" stance with people they want to keep talking.
-LE wants to openly bolster relationships with people they want to trust them.

If they stopped at the store (which I thought was in Leadore - I may be wrong) at 6 pm, how long would it take them to get to the campsite? Could it take them 3 ½ hours?
I don't think they stopped at the store in Leadore Thursday night, but if they did, it would have taken them about 30 minutes to get to the campground. Here is the alternative route they may have taken without driving clear to Leadore that night. Shortcut from Idaho Falls to campground.jpg

Things that happen in the majority of cases involving missing people regardless who is involved in the disappearance:

-People take polygraphs & results not shared by LE, but usually by parents/family/friends.
-LE does not declare foul play until a crime scene, blood, weapons, or body is found.

What does this mean and when has it happened?

Maybe it is because we have matured and consequences are less abstract than when we were young and raising kids. I just know the one time you depend on a child to mind is the time for him not to do it.

Well, I'm old and raising kids. ;) But my parenting philosophy may be a bit different from other people's, and I'm okay with that.

The point I was trying to make, poorly, was that kids/humans do have survival instincts as much as any other creature. I am sure his parents didn't expect him to walk into the fire especially with ggpa right there. And ... they were right. He didn't walk into the fire. That was not even close to the biggest hazard here. The biggest hazard, I strongly suspect, was a two-legged predator of the kind that no one was fully prepared for.

Things we are not allowed to discuss here:

Diaper disposal
Arrival time
Location of people
Specific disabilities &/or medical devices of anyone
EMT bag specifics
Advice given to family about media

I am certain there are more things said on FB we cannot discuss, but a list is more helpful since people obviously don't know where those things stemmed from and may think we can discuss them.

(Bessie...hope this is okay. If not, please delete.)

What is the point of all this "disallowed" talk anyway? It seems arbitrary sometimes.

Thank you desert-blue for posting the Reuters link. That article clearly states the family which included father, mother, GGF, and Doerr plus the friend left on Friday, July 10th!

Hopefully that issue can now be put to rest. Thanks so much.

:tantrum: Warning that article is probably wrong. We discussed this on the previous page. The author says JM and DK told investigators that they arrived on the 10th. How does she know that?? It is a stated as a fact, but has nothing to back it. Most likely the author saw it printed on the timeline on East Idaho News and assumed it came from authorities. However, it appears as if the East Idaho News timeline is also probably wrong.

It really amazes me how some people need to grab on to certain "factoids" just to make their own point even if what they are grabbing onto is wrong. :banghead:

Just catching up. Do you have a link that says they have not 'lawyered up'? Thanks!

Eta: How do we know LE has not found any signs of foul play? Would they typically announce if they have?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

:tantrum: Warning that article is probably wrong. We discussed this on the previous page. The author says JM and DK told investigators that they arrived on the 10th. How does she know that. It is a stated as a fact, but has nothing to back it. Most likely the author saw it printed on the timeline on East Idaho News and assumed it came from authorities. However, it appears as if the East Idaho News timeline is also probably wrong.

It really amazes me how some people need to grab on to certain "factoids" just to make their own point even if what they are grabbing onto is wrong. :banghead:

Have I mentioned yet how much I appreciate your correct usage of the term factoid?
:)

Most of that is very true. Except I have never, ever seen LE in one single case where a person is later arrested for a crime refer to that person as "solid" or state "I'm good with them." Those are every unique terms.

Look, there were four people at that campsite. One, the great grandpa, is apparently ailing. One we don;t know much about accept he has a past criminal record and is the friend of great-grandpa. The other two are the parents. Is anyone really suggesting that this disparate group of people conspired together in the most diabolical and horrific manner to either create an elaborate story about a kid getting lost at a campsite, in order to cover up foul play that occurred elsewhere? Really? They're all in on it? It makes no sense.

Otherwise, is anyone really suggesting that all four of these people are colluding to hide some foul play that occurred at the campsite? Then where's his body? They all four did something and/or covered up something and no one is talking? To save themselves? They are all in on it?

Because otherwise, it is almost impossible that only one or two could harm the child, hide his body from everyone else and have the time and privacy do it all without the others seeing or hearing something.

It just makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member