ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any insight as to what is probably going on as far as FBI involvement? I know we don't know exactly what they are doing, but would the FBI have sent an entire team in? A couple guys? I imagine they are checking over all the case files and evidence. Probably re-interviewing everyone involved. What else might they be up to? Would the FBI go out and search the campground area again?

I'd imagine they're interviewing, combing through any evidence they have and checking leads. I'd really like to think that this case is close to a resolution.

I made this point upthread. I found it odd that an elderly man described as having health problems and dependent on oxygen would be manning the campfire. It adds another layer of confusion and questions as to why you would want your toddler around that deadly mixture? I assume his oxygen source was not a tank, but even alternate sources are dangerous near open popping flames.

My initial reaction to DKs statement to the effect that DeOrr would be good with GGF by the fire was likewise a raised brow. It seemed odd that they had a campfire going but hadn't set up camp and I don't think most people prioritize a fire in a warm, summer day. However, an earlier than previously reported arrival time would explain the fire.

THIS. I completely agree

As mentioned, the fbi works on missing child cases, of course; but imo they dont get into cases in which animals ( non-humans) were thought to have attacked the child. Iow, if the fbi is involved, they are looking for a human. (imo)

As mentioned, the fbi works on missing child cases, of course; but imo they dont get into cases in which animals ( non-humans) were thought to have attacked the child. Iow, if the fbi is involved, they are looking for a human. (imo)

Very true, and IIRC the sheriff in charge of the case also does not suspect an animal attack. These are the people with all the facts we are not, as laymen, privy to.

Exactly! I would much rather believe he was the victim of an animal attack than the victim of a fellow human. Unfortunately there is some kind of evidence or information that called for the FBI to be brought in and they are quietly preparing for a "possible" criminal case. This would not happen unless they have strong indicators foul play is involved.

Exactly! I would much rather believe he was the victim of an animal attack than the victim of a fellow human. Unfortunately there is some kind of evidence or information that called for the FBI to be brought in and they are quietly preparing for a "possible" criminal case. This would not happen unless they have strong indicators foul play is involved.

If the parents are in total belief that Little Deorr was abducted by a person and won't move on from there, IMO it is just as likely the FBI was called in to re-investigate in the hope of determining that didn't happen. That may be the end of their involvement.

:stop::stop:

This thread is about Deorr. I've just spent the last 20 mins cleaning it up. Stay on topic! If you want to talk about animals and recipes, take it down stairs.

Thank you!

:stop::stop:

This thread is about Deorr. I've just spent the last 20 mins cleaning it up. Stay on topic! If you want to talk about animals and recipes, take it down stairs.

Thank you!

Thanks so much!!!

If the parents are in total belief that Little Deorr was abducted by a person and won't move on from there, IMO it is just as likely the FBI was called in to re-investigate in the hope of determining that didn't happen. That may be the end of their involvement.

And then again it may not. More things happen to children than being eaten by a cougar.

Right now I feel as if I'm driving through a tunnel with sunglasses on and no headlights.

Very true, and IIRC the sheriff in charge of the case also does not suspect an animal attack. These are the people with all the facts we are not, as laymen, privy to.
From all published reports, LE did not call in the FBI until 3 weeks later. LE hit an impasse. No "evidence" of a 4 legged predator, or drowning and they cannot rule out foul play by their own statement. The FBI is now the clean-up committee, imo. They take a look at everything.. make recommendations or not.. re-interview if needed and stamp it ( sign off on it). If the FBI cannot solve it at least the APPEARANCE of credibility is maintained. "we called in the FBI.. everything was done" bla bla. The case then goes on the cold case pile and will be referred to in postings on WS 10 years from now as another unsolved mystery..JMO

The more I think of it, I'm actually wondering if gramps was there for an over nighter, maybe just a day trip. JMO

Has anyone been having problems with their posts lately? I'll try to post but it appears not to go through, so I'll redo it. Then later I find I've got a double post. Just wondering, TIA.

Has anyone been having problems with their posts lately? I'll try to post but it appears not to go through, so I'll redo it. Then later I find I've got a double post. Just wondering, TIA.

It happens once in a while.

O/T

I have constant trouble. WS and my nook do not get along. I'm constantly thrown offline and will be ready to submit a post only to find out I'm no longer signed in.

Actually, that time frame was referenced by another poster. So if you have no statistics for people being killed in forests by another human, how can you then state it's the most likely cause? Since YOU made the statement, it's on YOU to back it up. We already KNOW and have PROVEN the nature of mountain lions in their habitats, which IS where this disappearance took place.

You really need to be more specific. It is a monumental task to uncover all the deaths of humans at the hands of other humans in all North American wilderness areas over an indeterminate time frame. I would never have time or resources to compile such a list. BTW humans are also inhabitants of that part of Idaho, so it is not just mountain lions that make it their habitat.

Maybe we can focus on just Idaho for a less daunting comparison. This list of fatal cougar on human attacks, which is quite comprehensive, does not mention a SINGLE human death caused by Cougars in all of Idaho throughout recorded history. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_cougar_attacks_in_North_America

Here is a list of just the male murderers who killed in Idaho from 1896 to the present day. There are 22 names on the list, and a number of them were serial/multiple murderers. Since Idaho is mostly wooded to this day, and historically even more wooded, it is likely that a number of these murders occurred in wooded areas. http://murderpedia.org/usa/idaho.htm

Amongst the killers:

"Claude Dallas is an infamous and controversial loner who killed two law enforcement officers in rural Idaho in 1981. "

These murders were committed in the woods by this "self-styled mountain man."

"In February 1896, two sheepherders, John Wilson and Daniel Cummings, were shot and killed at a sheep camp in present-day Twin Falls County, Idaho. Because he had been in the area at the time of the killings, and because he often bragged about shooting sheepherders, Diamondfield Jack was the prime suspect in the murders."

Sheep camps in Idaho in 1896 would have been located in rural areas, by default.

David Hall - "Prosecutors claimed Hall attacked Henneman, 38, on the city's Greenbelt along the Boise River, raped her and then strangled her with her sweater."

Greenbelts are wooded areas.

Dale Shackelford - "Forensic experts determined that Fontaine, 45, a Missouri lawyer, and Palahniuk, 59, a retired Newman Lake man, died of bullet and shotgun wounds at the wooded Latah County site where Fontaine and her family were building a house."

Sounds like a wooded area to me!

Charles Gillam - "Perhaps the first to die, Marie was bludgeoned with a rock, her body weighted down and dumped in a lake near Coeur D'Alene, Idaho."

In 1918, when this murder occurred, this Idaho lake would have been in a wooded area.

And finally, the sad story of Jeralee Underwood, age 11, who was kidnapped from her paper route and killed in the wilds of Idaho by James Edward Wood. She was murdered by the Snake River and her body dumped there.

Of course, this is only the Idaho murderers that were caught and brought to justice.

YEs me too. I also got some "Security problems here" warnings. Odd...

O/T

I have constant trouble. WS and my nook do not get along. I'm constantly thrown offline and will be ready to submit a post only to find out I'm no longer signed in.

Up on the top right hand corner by your handle, there is a little box that says, "keep me signed in", or some such. Check it. That should solve your problem.

Didn't see you mentioned "nook". I have one, I think, it could be a tablet, who knows. That said, I have no idea about them new-fangled gadgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214