ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent several days watching videos about how the FBI handle cases of missing children who they're presumed to have been abducted. It caught my attention how open the FBI was with the community, they were talking to everyone including the media, they had fliers, several phone lines for people to provide tips, etc. One of the investigators stated they wanted everyone to know the name of the child and how she looked like, etc. Based on my limited knowledge about this case and the videos I watched online, it is my view that the FBI agrees with the Sheriff and they do not believe DeOrr was abducted.

Thank you for that interesting post. Welcome back. I've not seen you here for a while.

I spent several days watching videos about how the FBI handles cases of missing children who they're presumed to have been abducted. It caught my attention how open the FBI was with the community, they were talking to everyone including the media, they had fliers, several phone lines for people to provide tips, etc. One of the investigators stated they wanted everyone to know the name of the child and how she looked like, etc. Based on my limited knowledge about this case and the videos I watched online, it is my view that the FBI agrees with the Sheriff and they do not believe DeOrr was abducted.
I hope we hear something soon, but it's only been 8 days since Bowerman asked them for help. With your experience, how long do think it will take the FBI to make a statement. Or will they?

I hope we hear something soon, but it's only been 8 days since Bowerman asked them for help. With your experience, how long do think it will take the FBI to make a statement. Or will they?

I don't think the FBI will make a statement unless someone gets arrested and if that's the case, it is most likely that we will hear from Lemhi County Sheriff and not the FBI.

I know that all of us when we heard about the FBI's involvement on this case, we renewed hope but we also need to keep in mind that there are also countless number of cases where the Bureau intervened and the cases remained unresolved.

The FBI either releases or suppresses information as deemed necessary to protect the best interest of an investigation and the victim. Hence, the volume and timing of media releases will vary from case to case because each comes with a unique set of circumstances. The same applies to LE, in general. I'd caution against making assumptions.

If the parents are in total belief that Little Deorr was abducted by a person and won't move on from there, IMO it is just as likely the FBI was called in to re-investigate in the hope of determining that didn't happen. That may be the end of their involvement.

keep in mind, thats just the parents belief ..... the FBI nor LE seem to think so for reasons they will not provide due to the investigation. If they had reason to believe abduction, I assure u there would be amber alert....

Has anyone been having problems with their posts lately? I'll try to post but it appears not to go through, so I'll redo it. Then later I find I've got a double post. Just wondering, TIA.

It's been happening to me. The system logs me out continuously and that's caused me to accidentally double post. Good luck

Amber Alert Guidelines

[...]

Sufficient Descriptive Information

For an AMBER Alert to be effective in recovering a missing child, the law enforcement agency must have enough information to believe that an immediate broadcast to the public will enhance the efforts of law enforcement to locate the child and apprehend the suspect. This element requires as much descriptive information as possible about the abducted child and the abduction, as well as descriptive information about the suspect and the suspect’s vehicle. Issuing alerts in the absence of significant information that an abduction has occurred could lead to abuse of the system and ultimately weaken its effectiveness.

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

If anyone can provide a link to a statement by the FBI ruling out abduction, please post it.

Statement by Sheriff Bowerman on July 31, 2015

"Although he's convinced the 2-year-old was not abducted, Bowerman said he's unable to rule out the possibility."

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/DeOrr-Kunz-Missing-Idaho-320303121.html

This precious little boy is still missing. No scenario has been ruled out. So please don't make harmful assumptions.

If you truly care about little Deorr, continue to share his photo and spread the word so the general public will remain on the lookout.

558942-97a60de4-3018-11e5-b2ad-9354971dde2c.jpg

Deorr Kunz, Jr.

If a legitimate, LE sanctioned search is organized, we can post the link.

I didn't know it had been turned over to the FBI. I thought the announcement said the FBI had been called in to "assist". Am I remembering wrong?

http://q13fox.com/2015/08/02/fbi-investigators-join-search-for-missing-idaho-2-year-old-deorr-kunz/

[FONT=&amp]"The FBI is sending a team of investigators to assist the Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office in its search for a missing 2-year-old who disappeared during a family camping trip."

http://www.postregister.com/article...mhi-sheriff’s-seeks-fbi’s-help-search-toddler[/FONT]

"The FBI is expected to provide resources that are beyond the financial scope of local law enforcement agencies as well as fresh eyes and expertise to sift through various elements of the investigation, including interviews of the four adults involved in the campout."

:bump:

On the abduction theory...

If he was abducted, where would the abductor's vehicle been hidden? Are there smaller more primitive "roads" leading off the road that the family would have driven on inside the campground like the roads one sees that are behind chained gates in remote areas?

I'm not buying the abduction theory though. I can't see a predator lying in wait in hopes of a child coming into the area.

Does anyone have a link to show where LE or the family is planning a search? If not, drop the subject and stop repeating comments you read on FB.

With all due respect, when/if his little body is found up there, it already answers the question for many. He either wandered off and starved to death, died of dehydration and/or exposure or was killed by an animal. I think at this point the goal is just to bring him home to his family. THAT is what will bring closure.

I really hope they find our sweet little DeOrr.:( And every child that is missing! :( It is heartbreaking that tomorrow will be a month since this baby vanished without a trace. *sigh*

I really hope they find our sweet little DeOrr.:( And every child that is missing! :( It is heartbreaking that tomorrow will be a month since this baby vanished without a trace. *sigh*

Jumping off this post...if the FBI finds nothing, is a statement made to that effect..that they have no clue..give the tipline number and it just becomes cold? Or will no statement be made at all and we are left to continue to think they are working the case and just keeping things quiet?

On the abduction theory...

If he was abducted, where would the abductor's vehicle been hidden? Are there smaller more primitive "roads" leading off the road that the family would have driven on inside the campground like the roads one sees that are behind chained gates in remote areas?

I'm not buying the abduction theory though. I can't see a predator lying in wait in hopes of a child coming into the area.

Some campgrounds have remote service roads that are technically off-limits to the public. I can't tell if this one has them (or even would have them given the nature of the campground). If there WERE service roads, they might offer alternative routes or hiding spots for someone with nefarious intentions.

Some campgrounds have remote service roads that are technically off-limits to the public. I can't tell if this one has them (or even would have them given the nature of the campground). If there WERE service roads, they might offer alternative routes or hiding spots for someone with nefarious intentions.

I don't think this is that kind of campground. It looks like there is really only one road in. It does split into three roads near the campground, but the roads eventually dead end.

I don't think this is that kind of campground. It looks like there is really only one road in. It does split into three roads near the campground, but the roads eventually dead end.

Someone who is familiar with the area or good with maps ...

Are there nearby roads that dead-end within a mile or so of the campground? Meaning, the roads don't originate in or near the campground, but they end within quick walking distance of it?

Jumping off this post...if the FBI finds nothing, is a statement made to that effect..that they have no clue..give the tipline number and it just becomes cold? Or will no statement be made at all and we are left to continue to think they are working the case and just keeping things quiet?
Any statement should come from the sheriff's office, since that is the LE agency heading the investigation. If Deorr's not found, and the case goes unresolved, eventually they are likely to release a statement to the effect that the investigation is still active, and they are continuing to investigate leads. That's not to say the case will become "cold". But if there's nothing to report, there's nothing to report, and the media goes away. Sadly, that's when the public loses interest. As we've seen, there are those who've already written him off as not really "missing", which is a terrible shame.

We will have to wait and see and hope for the best! Praying for this beautiful baby boy. :praying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member