ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like my post disappeared.

Regarding GGP's name not being disclosed... Why would it not be disclosed? I would think the local media knows his name so it wouldn't be to keep them away from him. Any ideas?

Regarding GGP's name not being disclosed... Why would it not be disclosed? I would think the local media knows his name so it wouldn't be to keep them away from him. Any ideas?

Declining physical and mental health is all I can think of jmo

As far as I know, it hasn't been disclosed. I don't understand why, either. GGP is the only one not yet identified by name, assumed to be incapable of being a credible witness due to his physical and mental limitations (although in the interview he sounded like a proficient person to me).

Also, didn't Deorr's dad trip over his words in the interview, mentioning the Snake River, possibly twice? I wonder if there's any link there, or that it was an innocent slip...perhaps they go camping or engage in water sports there is all.

As far as I know, it hasn't been disclosed. I don't understand why, either. GGP is the only one not yet identified by name, assumed to be incapable of being a credible witness due to his physical and mental limitations (although in the interview he sounded like a proficient person to me).

Also, didn't Deorr's dad trip over his words in the interview, mentioning the Snake River, possibly twice? I wonder if there's any link there, or that it was an innocent slip...perhaps they go camping or engage in water sports there is all.

Has GGP been interviewed? I have not seen or read an interview of him. I have no idea what he even looks like, or his name! Maybe I missed something, could you please provide a link to this interview?

ETA: I am sure he has been interviewed by police, but I am not aware of any publicly available interviews of GGP and would love to see/read them to get a feel for the guy!

http://q13fox.com/2015/08/02/fbi-investigators-join-search-for-missing-idaho-2-year-old-deorr-kunz/

[FONT=&amp]"The FBI is sending a team of investigators to assist the Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office in its search for a missing 2-year-old who disappeared during a family camping trip."

http://www.postregister.com/article...mhi-sheriff’s-seeks-fbi’s-help-search-toddler[/FONT]

"The FBI is expected to provide resources that are beyond the financial scope of local law enforcement agencies as well as fresh eyes and expertise to sift through various elements of the investigation, including interviews of the four adults involved in the campout."

Has GGP been interviewed? I have not seen or read an interview of him. I have no idea what he even looks like, or his name! Maybe I missed something, could you please provide a link to this interview?

GGP has not been interviewed by the media. The poster is probably confusing it with the interview given by DeOrr Jr's paternal grandfather. The GGP that was on the trip was his maternal great-grandfather.

GGP has not been interviewed by the media. The poster is probably confusing it with the interview given by DeOrr Jr's paternal grandfather. The GGP that was on the trip was his maternal great-grandfather.

You're probably right. Darn, I was excited to see any new scrap of information in this case!

Some of my posts disappeared overnight too. I think it was because I was arguing with another poster and got off topic. Sorry about that.
Is GGP off limits re: sleuthing rules?

On the abduction theory...

If he was abducted, where would the abductor's vehicle been hidden? Are there smaller more primitive "roads" leading off the road that the family would have driven on inside the campground like the roads one sees that are behind chained gates in remote areas?

I'm not buying the abduction theory though. I can't see a predator lying in wait in hopes of a child coming into the area.

What would be the logic in going sooner? We already know if he is still up there, he is deceased.

Perhaps this time works best for those involved searching? We should be grateful that people care enough no matter when it is. If I were local, I would go.

Sorry to be morbid here, but if Deorr's body is up there somewhere, it has already been decomposing in the hot sun and all the natural elements for likely about a month. If you wait another month, his body will be even more deteriorated. This will make it harder to tell the cause of death, and therefore make it harder for justice to be served if somebody else had a hand in his death. Not saying that this is necessarily the case, but at any rate, it's important to be able to determine the cause of death in order to bring closure to this case.

Sorry to be morbid here, but if Deorr's body is up there somewhere, it has already been decomposing in the hot sun and all the natural elements for likely about a month. If you wait another month, his body will be even more deteriorated. This will make it harder to tell the cause of death, and therefore make it harder for justice to be served if somebody else had a hand in his death. Not saying that this is necessarily the case, but at any rate, it's important to be able to determine the cause of death in order to bring closure to this case.

With all due respect, when/if his little body is found up there, it already answers the question for many. He either wandered off and starved to death, died of dehydration and/or exposure or was killed by an animal. I think at this point the goal is just to bring him home to his family. THAT is what will bring closure.

With all due respect, when/if his little body is found up there, it already answers the question for many. He either wandered off and starved to death, died of dehydration and/or exposure or was killed by an animal. I think at this point the goal is just to bring him home to his family. THAT is what will bring closure.

What if he was murdered? Don't you think LE and the family would want to know as much as possible about what happened? It would certainly be painful, but I'd want answers - whether it was murder, accident, exposure, an animal attack, etc. All of these answers will be harder to get the longer the body deteriorates. We've probably all followed cases where the bodies have been so deteriorated it was hard to determine the C.O.D. And the suggestions you give are not the only possible outcomes, as I am sure you know.

Hi all! :wave:

I just checked Google to see if there were any updates since August 2nd - Nope! :(

Anyone "see" anything since than?

Also - I noticed that the title above says Active Search for this thread. Is there an actually "search" going on as I type? :waitasec:

TIA!

What if he was murdered? Don't you think LE and the family would want to know as much as possible about what happened? It would certainly be painful, but I'd want answers - whether it was murder, accident, exposure, an animal attack, etc. All of these answers will be harder to get the longer the body deteriorates. We've probably all followed cases where the bodies have been so deteriorated it was hard to determine the C.O.D. And the suggestions you give are not the only possible outcomes, as I am sure you know.

I haven't even entertained the thought of foul play in this case so no, I don't see any other outcomes. In my mind, the ONLY outcome is that this baby wandered off, got lost, stuck, or otherwise in trouble, they weren't able to find him in a timely manner and he is now deceased. Heartbreaking, but it is what I believe happened. I think they will find his body up there and it will be due to somewhat "natural" causes that he died.

Go to the Lemhi County Sheriff's office Facebook Page and look at posts to page.

Hi all! :wave:

I just checked Google to see if there were any updates since August 2nd - Nope! :(

Anyone "see" anything since than?

Also - I noticed that the title above says Active Search for this thread. Is there an actually "search" going on as I type? :waitasec:

TIA!

I noticed that too. The Lemhi County Facebook pages' last update seems to be on the 20th July and reads like a complete halt to searches? "redirect the investigation" etc..

I noticed that too. The Lemhi County Facebook pages' last update seems to be on the 20th July and reads like a complete halt to searches? "redirect the investigation" etc..

Look to the left of the main wall updates, under "Visitor Posts" for some interesting new discussion points (not for discussion here, of course). As far as halting the search, the main wall posts say the Sheriff's office is going to keep an active presence and that the search is going to redirected, but it doesn't say it's halted as far as I can see. Of course, we know it has largely been turned over to the FBI too, which is not mentioned.

Look to the left of the main wall updates, under "Visitor Posts" for some interesting new discussion points (not for discussion here, of course). As far as halting the search, the main wall posts say the Sheriff's office is going to keep an active presence and that the search is going to redirected, but it doesn't say it's halted as far as I can see. Of course, we know it has largely been turned over to the FBI too, which is not mentioned.

I didn't know it had been turned over to the FBI. I thought the announcement said the FBI had been called in to "assist". Am I remembering wrong?

I spent several days watching videos about how the FBI handles cases of missing children who they're presumed to have been abducted. It caught my attention how open the FBI was with the community, they were talking to everyone including the media, they had fliers, several phone lines for people to provide tips, etc. One of the investigators stated they wanted everyone to know the name of the child and how she looked like, etc. Based on my limited knowledge about this case and the videos I watched online, it is my view that the FBI agrees with the Sheriff and they do not believe DeOrr was abducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214