ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who is familiar with the area or good with maps ...

Are there nearby roads that dead-end within a mile or so of the campground? Meaning, the roads don't originate in or near the campground, but they end within quick walking distance of it?

Very good question. :) I believe I saw a recent poster who is local and is familiar with the area? Hopefully he will come and tell us.

Someone who is familiar with the area or good with maps ...

Are there nearby roads that dead-end within a mile or so of the campground? Meaning, the roads don't originate in or near the campground, but they end within quick walking distance of it?

Oh, Very good question. I don't think we looked at that before. It looks like Forest Road 105/Big Timber Creek Road is only a bit more than 1/2 mile (3006 feet) from the campsite!

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.6066191,-113.4568114,2715a,20y,180h,40.32t/data=!3m1!1e3

Timber Creek to 105.jpg

I'd like to see some actual pictures taken by somebody up there searching of the campground and surrounding areas.

A picture is worth a thousand words...just saying.

Here is another view of the same image I posted above. Apparently FR 105 is also called Big Timber Creek Road. This image is flipped so the north is to the top. Beside 105/Timber Creek Rd running by there, it looks like there are ATV trails or something between the road and the campground.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.5813746,-113.4615594,810m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

View attachment 79720

The north side of the campground is what I noticed when I read Grandpa DeOrr's account of how someone could've grabbed little DeOrr. I seem to recall something like "from the north side of the creek where the pine trees are."

I know Grandpa DeOrr was not at the campsite at the time of DeOrr's disappearance, but it sounds like he may have been there soon afterwards since he seemed familiar with that layout. Either that or he was just repeating what someone else said.

I am wondering how one gets across the creek there? The map shows the road (172B) on the north side going over the creek area. Is there a roadway through shallow water, maybe? And some more ATV and or horse trails near 172B...

That is what I noticed when I read Grandpa DeOrr's account of how someone could've grabbed little DeOrr. I seem to recall something like "from the north side of the creek where the pine trees are."

I know Grandpa DeOrr was not at the campsite at the time of DeOrr's disappearance, but it sounds like he may have been there soon afterwards since he seemed familiar with that layout. Either that or he was just repeating what someone else said.

I am wondering how one gets across the creek there? The map shows the road on the north side going over the creek area.

WHAT?? What do you mean you know GGP was not at the campground at the time of Deorr's disappearance? Where are you coming from on this? Link please. All "I've" EVER read is that he was, indeed, there!

grandpa was not at the campsite, the great grandpa was.

WHAT?? What do you mean you know GGP was not at the campground at the time of Deorr's disappearance? Where are you coming from on this? Link please. All "I've" EVER read is that he was, indeed, there!
Gpa DeOrr was not at the campground. That is DeOrr Sr dad. He was interviewed and in msm taking about an abduction scenario.

The great gf who was there is Jessica's grandpa.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

There do seem to be a lot of people here that have written Deorr off as deceased. I'm not one of them. If there is anyone interested in helping to network cross country getting his posters distributed, please private message me. A coordinated effort is needed to do this. WS says there are 52000 views on this thread. If just 1% of you would be willing to put in some time, we could cover the whole country with his Missing posters. I'm on the west coast and covering 3 states. Certainly could use some help with the other 47.
An abduction has not been ruled out. It's being said, there's no evidence of it, but there's no evidence of an animal attack either. And I certainly don't believe he was taken into another dimension the Missing 411 people are entertaining. If this were my child, & I have been in this position with my daughter when she went missing, I would be doing everything I possibly could to network and get his photo's out there. One person can make a difference. My daughter was spotted by one bus driver 2500 miles away in Florida and called me. I found her within 30 hours of landing. Just think of what 52,000 of us could do. IMOB

Oh, Very good question. I don't think we looked at that before. It looks like Forest Road 105/Big Timber Creek Road is only a bit more than 1/2 mile (3006 feet) from the campsite!

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.6066191,-113.4568114,2715a,20y,180h,40.32t/data=!3m1!1e3

View attachment 79717

Thanks for the map, Claire. I'm seeing something that looks like what I thought at first might be a hiking trail , but zooming in it looks like a small road. It's between 105 and the road that goes to Timber Creek campground. Runs parallel then angles up to the top of the mountain , after that I can't see where it goes or if it just dead ends. Maybe it's a service road.

DeOrr's paternal grandfather was not at the campground when he went missing. DeOrr's maternal great-grandfather was.

Gpa DeOrr was not at the campground. That is DeOrr Sr dad. He was interviewed and in msm taking about an abduction scenario.

The great gf who was there is Jessica's grandpa.

You've been so patient explaining that so many times :)

This is what Gpa DeOrr said:

"If a man was going to do it standing on the north side of that creek where the pine trees are, and the little boy on the other side of the creek. The creek is only about 4 feet wide it's not very big. They could have closed in on him. muffled his voice, muffled his mouth, and headed into the trees and he'd never be seen," he said.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...andfather-believes-boy-was-abducted/30321903/

GGP was on the mom's side. Grandpa DeOrr is on the father's side. Hope that clears things up.

"If a man was going to do it standing on the north side of that creek where the pine trees are, and the little boy on the other side of the creek. The creek is only about 4 feet wide it's not very big. They could have closed in on him. muffled his voice, muffled his mouth, and headed into the trees and he'd never be seen," he said.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...andfather-believes-boy-was-abducted/30321903/

Thanks for finding that. I think Grandpa DeOrr's scenario is plausible.

And gotten into a car/vehicle pulled over to the side of that road and been on their happy way long before police ever arrived. One can walk a half mile or so, even with a 30-lb. load, in 10 minutes without even being out of breath. Faster, even. DeOrr sr. (dad) said that standing at the top, they could see easily into the "bowl" of the campground but that they could see nothing from below ...

Might have been entirely opportunistic -- someone may've thought they'd gotten "lucky" when they looked down and saw this little guy. I sure hope someone is following up on every one of those sightings.

There do seem to be a lot of people here that have written Deorr off as deceased. I'm not one of them. If there is anyone interested in helping to network cross country getting his posters distributed, please private message me. A coordinated effort is needed to do this. WS says there are 52000 views on this thread. If just 1% of you would be willing to put in some time, we could cover the whole country with his Missing posters. I'm on the west coast and covering 3 states. Certainly could use some help with the other 47.
An abduction has not been ruled out. It's being said, there's no evidence of it, but there's no evidence of an animal attack either. And I certainly don't believe he was taken into another dimension the Missing 411 people are entertaining. If this were my child, & I have been in this position with my daughter when she went missing, I would be doing everything I possibly could to network and get his photo's out there. One person can make a difference. My daughter was spotted by one bus driver 2500 miles away in Florida and called me. I found her within 30 hours of landing. Just think of what 52,000 of us could do. IMOB
I think people tend to follow the lead of what the parents are doing. If they aren't out papering the country with missing posters and speaking out about their child being out there somewhere - then there might be a reason for that. Maybe they have realized this wasn't an abduction??

Does anyone else find it a little strange that this family member is coming up with very detailed and specific scenarios for how Deorr could have been abducted? Maybe it's not, it just seems like it to me. It would be very difficult for me to see the motive for some random stranger to do this, or for the random stranger just to happen to be there at that precise moment, in the middle of nowhere. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13