ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My message about why the death penalty was dropped was a quote from the Boise Stateman - the judge agreed to drop the death penalty for a speedy trial. And, yes, the defense played games about her mental health every time the case came to trial and they accomplished their goal. IMO, the only hope for Lori and her LDS lawyers is to claim mental issues. She can't claim insanity but they have laid the groundwork for mental illness.

I don't think so, the fact that she knowingly kept money and withheld information from Social Security makes it pretty evident that she was not mentally incapacitated to me. This was all about cash.

Very connected to extremism? I don't get the connection. Please explain.

I have been composing and deleting this reply many times.

I have come to the conclusion that it is off topic. I think there are strong connections to extremism, and it is important. But this is a forum about the narrower crimes the defendants are charged with.

The best explanation of the broader subject I have seen is Leah Sottile's book When the Moon Turns to Blood. It also increased my empathy for why Mormons distrust government.

MOO

Is there any evidence that the pancreatitis was induced or feigned by LVD?

We really don't know anything about it, aside from anecdotal remarks. Is pancreatitis common in a teen?

Not really. And a differential diagnosis is based on abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea...which could be caused by poison.

Personally, the more we're hearing from the witnesses, it sounds to me like ALL of this (INCLUDING the proclamations, ideas, and visions) was just a good ole-fashioned scheme to get money. These were people who, we are hearing, were continuously gasping for money. Always needing more. So they get creative with "ideas" no one else has -- and sell them to people looking for an idea and someone to make it make sense. They do podcasts, sell books, get followers, and hold conferences -- and eventually when that doesn't give them enough, it devolves into finding a way to make family "expendable" -- in one way or another, trying to cash in by deaths of those around them.
I agree that money was an issue for them, but I think there was a larger goal operating for them, including that they had fallen in love/lust.

There is something in all new romances, where the couple see each other to be like god and goddess. And they see themselves living that way, once they can overcome all obstacles in their way and be always together.

Lori was supported in high style by her husband. Chad was supported mainly by his wife. Divorce would make them even more broke, so it seems ideas about insurance benefits came up. But I think the bigger goal was to be free of their spouses.

I don't think Chad wanted to live with Lori's children. So that was, IMO, a larger goal than just getting money. For example, Colby wasn't a problem, they just let him be. But, of all the ways of getting Lori free of the children, the method they chose would also allow her to keep their benefits.

JMO

I agree that money was an issue for them, but I think there was a larger goal operating for them, including that they had fallen in love/lust.

There is something in all new romances, where the couple see each other to be like god and goddess. And they see themselves living that way, once they can overcome all obstacles in their way and be always together.

Lori was supported in high style by her husband. Chad was supported mainly by his wife. Divorce would make them even more broke, so it seems ideas about insurance benefits came up. But I think the bigger goal was to be free of their spouses.

I don't think Chad wanted to live with Lori's children. So that was, IMO, a larger goal than just getting money. For example, Colby wasn't a problem, they just let him be. But, of all the ways of getting Lori free of the children, the method they chose would also allow her to keep their benefits.

JMO
Although Colby's wife was listed as dark. I don't remember her number rating.

IMHO Everything about this case gags me. Every time I see a picture of MOM and her smirk I am glad I live far from the court room. It is so so sad and has taken forever to get to trial. Poor family.

Re: Tyler and pancreatitis. There is a simple blood test (serum amylase) that is the hallmark of pancreatitis. It can be caused by a tiny gallstone lodging in the duct. I don't find anything nefarious - people CAN just randomly get pancreatitis. It is seen often in alcoholics - but it is not exclusive to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx