GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Chad’s children followed Lori’s case. If hearing/reading the content of the texts between Lori and Chad doesn’t open their eyes to Chad’s guilt, nothing will. Hearing your father discuss sex, etc. would be disgusting.

The only deal I can imagine the prosecution offering would be to save the taxpayers the expense of a trial. And it would have to include a recommendation of LWOP and a full allocution of what happened. Frankly, he'd be a fool not to jump at that after today's news!
You know that Chad’s attorney is going to try to get Chad a deal. There’s no way Chad will walk.

I believe that Chad’s children followed Lori’s case. If hearing/reading the content of the texts between Lori and Chad doesn’t open their eyes to Chad’s guilt, nothing will. Hearing your father discuss sex, etc. would be disgusting.

Agreed. He can still state he was seduced by the "Succubus She Devil", AKA LVD, but the fact that he has not divorced her...is a problem.

However, it wouldn't surprise me that his daughter still believes in her father.

Oh, I agree, the other reason was keeping cashing those cheques. It was always about money with the kids, money and revenge. If it was just that she was sick of parenting, she would have sent Tylee to college like she said she had, and sent JJ to Kay and Larry. But without the bucks from murdering Charles, she needed an alternate revenue stream, so, the money, what there was of it, was from the kids. But rather than keeping the kids around, it was more efficient to kill them and only have to spend it on themselves.

I think killing the kids was always a part of the plan, but it certainly took on more immediacy once they realised the money from killing Charles was never arriving. It was their undoing. If nobody had been looking for the kids, I really think they would have got away with Charles and Tammy. But those kids had too many people looking out for them, asking too many questions, until eventually, it unravelled the whole mess.

And there was nothing ambiguous about Tylee and JJ's deaths, how they were found, unlike Tammy or Charles. Nothing at all.

MOO
If I remember right, she had Tylee drop out of high school and the plan was for her to get her GED. Lori stated Tylee had earned a GED, but not sure if that was ever verified. BYU would have required either a high school diploma or GED.

I am surprised at how I feel now, after all the highs and lows over the past 3+ years of this case....I just feel deflated right now. Like Larry said, WHY LORI? It was so senseless. So many other alternatives existed for her. Just beyond sad.

none of the alternatives meant a monthly check and not having to do hair.

Yes. The whole thing is strange about MP and IP, I have heard different stories about how they met, one is a dating site for LDS, and who gets married after three dates?! Didn't they get married in Las Vegas, the same time as ZP and AC?

I hope MP is arrested for conspiracy to kill BB. I wonder what evidence is available to support this...
I have had this wish to see MBP pay, as long as my wishes for Lori's outcome.

My partner said something to me tonight that led to a realization. She has not really been following the case but she knows I have been for 3+ years so she reads news when she sees it and watched the netflix series (which I have not). Her comment was about JJ. She knows a little about autistic kids and pointed out something mentioned that JJ often repeated things he had heard, often with no understanding.

So now I am thinking Tylee saw Charles's murder so she had to go (remember, Alex was still alive). And JJ may have seen or heard something when Tylee was killed and was randomly repeating it so he had to go. We talked about Alex's death too. Her take was that he did kill the kids but she thinks his natural causes death makes sense given his pre-existing conditions and enormous stress from doing these horrible crimes when he believed himself to be a good mormon.

I can't say I disagree with her theory!
Yes quite possible. I was struck with the Dateline last night, and the seeming uncomfortableness the child Tylee had trying to tell investigators about the shooting and baseball incident. Almost as if she had been coached what to say, and feared she wasn’t getting it right? I think it has already been said….. it seems the investigation into Charles death was somewhat bungled. And if had been fully vetted, maybe the outcome for others could have differed.

I have not to my recollection seen a good analysis of who was in the storage facility that day or two moving things. And what it was that was done there and by whom. If I remember, the video was not that good…. and might have made accurate analysis difficult. I’ve wondered if at least one of the children was perhaps already slain by that time. But I don’t know the actual timeline.
MOO.

Last edited:
I also have not to my recollection seen a good analysis of who was in the storage facility that day or two moving things. And what it was that was done there and by whom. If I remember, the video was not that good…. and might have made accurate analysis difficult.
1:07 p.m. On Oct. 22, 2019, Schmitt says Alex took a gun storage case and a tote out of the storage unit and put it in his pickup truck. On Oct. 28, 2019, he took four gun storage cases and put them in his pickup truck. Chad was with Alex on this visit.

1:05 p.m. Schmitt says during one visit to the storage facility, Alex Cox took a bunch of totes along with a long rifle case.

1:03 p.m. We are back in court. Boyce is on the stand and jurors are in their seats. Rachel Smith will continue questioning retired Det. Rick Schmitt.

11:58 a.m. On Oct. 3, 2019, Schmitt says Lori and Alex returned in the blue Nissan Rogue. They took the spare tire and the seat from the storage unit and put it back in the car. Boyce calls for a lunch break. We will be back around 1 p.m.

11:56 a.m. Schmitt says on Oct. 2, 2019, Lori and Chad visited the storage facility in the blue Nissan Rogue. They got a spare tire and a car seat out of the Nissan Rogue and put it in the storage unit. The seat looked like it was a rear seat from the Jeep Wrangler. Schmitt says Alex Cox was not in the video.

11:53 a.m. Schmitt details the trips Lori, Chad and Alex took to the storage unit in early October 2019. This story might help lay out the timeline better, and this story has more details.

11:50 a.m. On Feb. 2, 2020, Schmitt went with Rexburg detective Chuck Kunsaitis to Self Storage Plus after the owner released surveillance video to EastIdahoNews.com. Police obtained the video and noticed many days where Chad, Lori and Alex visited the storage facility.

I believe MBP needs to be held accountable as well. Justice should be served for everyone complicit. I hope she is charged.
For BB or also for not pushing back when her kids were declared possessed? If she had gained physical custody when she showed up with Alex at her FIL's doorstep, who knows what would have happened to the children.

Nate's recap of the day yesterday, what happens next, and memorial to Charles, Tammy, Tylee and JJ. He's going to put out one more on either Sunday or Monday, dedicated to what he was surprised didn't make it into the trial, and highlights of the trial. He also says he will be going to Arizona to cover the trials there, whenever that may be.

I find the Cox family statement tone deaf! While it is something, how about apologizing for producing and raising such evil spawn? While I do not doubt they feel real grief at their loss of family members as well, they cannot equate it to what Charles's and Tammy's families are experiencing until they accept their own responsibility. JMO
They didn't consciously raise a child killer - they never imagined she could murder her kids. Similarly, Chris Watts' parents should not take the blame for his actions. I think the Coxes and the Shiflets have come a long way since the beginning. After the children were found, they still didn't believe that Charles' death was murder. Now they do.

I haven't followed this for a long time, just wondering if you guys think that the evidence will apply equally bad for CD? Or is it much worse for LD because she was the mother?
His crass texts about burning limbs the day Tylee was killed and his phone call to the funeral home to get info following the death of Charles reveal his attitude. Not a victim but relished his role.

Yes good question.
Personally, I think the uncle & his family did the right thing, both for the victims, for their own psychological health & for the Cox name per se. ( Reputational damage.)

As Janice is still talking to him maybe he's not viewed to be as disloyal as Megan
Unlike the uncle, in addition to Lori, Megan is also blaming the Cox family culture. In interviews she revealed a few unpleasant details about the family.

I understand your reasons. But like you said, Arizona is not Alabama or Louisiana. It's prisons are relatively humane from what I understand as are its county jails. Maricopa is the exception. From what I understand it is a sprawling tent complex with minimal creature comforts.
Insights on Maricopa jail and AZ prisons are plentiful in the Arias threads.

If it was just that she was sick of parenting, she would have sent Tylee to college like she said she had, and sent JJ to Kay and Larry.
Snipped for focus.

I'm not so sure this is true. Some parents persistently choose exactly the opposite of what seems to be best for their kids. They are the "people of the lie", incapable of putting them in a child's situation.

AFAIK there was never much concern for Tylee's schooling. She kept having to move: Texas, Hawaii, Arizona, Idaho...

Yes. The whole thing is strange about MP and IP, I have heard different stories about how they met, one is a dating site for LDS, and who gets married after three dates?! Didn't they get married in Las Vegas, the same time as ZP and AC?

I hope MP is arrested for conspiracy to kill BB. I wonder what evidence is available to support this...
Even if they had video footage of the car, and the footage showed a blonde woman driving, there might be no way to tell if it was Lori or MP...

Maybe LE found a blonde hair in the Jeep when they processed it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay