Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say “Unidentified”, what does that mean exactly, so that I may prepare myself for what I might see. Just want to get an idea what I would be getting into. Thanks! :)
You are getting into a lot of fun and fascination. "Unidentified" (i.e. UID) are bodies that have been found but not matched to a missing person. That's the job of cold case sleuthers!

Even if she got a bond reduction and it's still a sizable amount, who is there to arrange for that? Except for perhaps her mother or sister, the world around her has shrunk a lot.

Also, if a bond reduction is granted could this force the prosecution into showing their cards with the more serious charges we're all anticipating in order to keep her where she's at? I'm sure this was talked through when the state decided to dismiss the felony charges but it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what's happening here, but I believe there are 2 cases:

CR33-20-0302 | State of Idaho Plaintiff, vs. Lori Norene Vallow Defendant.
  • (formerly) 2 counts of desertion, (currently) 1 count each of resisting or obstructing officers, criminal solicitation to commit a crime, and contempt of court
  • Judge: Michele Radford Mallard
  • bail of $1M
CR22-20-0838 | State of Idaho Plaintiff, vs. Lori Norene Vallow Defendant.
  • 2 counts of felony destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence
  • Judge: Faren Z. Eddins
  • bail of $1M
Both cases have the same prosecutor (because Fremont County named Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob H. Wood as their special prosecutor for the second case ending in 0838).

Both cases have the same defense attorney (Mark L. Means)

I don't know the procedural magic, but I think the motion for bond reduction only applies to the first case, not the second. So best case, she's still looking at $1M for CR22-20-0838, plus whatever reduced amount the court may decide in CR33-20-0302.

Do I have this wrong? If not, then I don't see this forcing the prosecutor's hand in any way. It just looks like an attempt to get her bail back down closer to $1M overall.

No, that was Alex Cox. CV was an entrepreneur (which, in any incarnation, is a salesman).
Oh right, the photo was of CV. I had the two switched in my mind after having just watched the px vid of AxC being questioned after the shooting/murder. Thanks.

I agree with you in one key respect -- I suspect there is historically a lot of neglect in this family line, which can indeed seed the soil for lots of personality flaws (and maybe disorders). It doesn't really explain murder, or even mental illness, but it helps you understand how aberrant behavior is normalized (or ignored) within an emotionally absent family structure. JMO

I never said I understand how she became a murderer. I said I understand how she became a vain narcissist.

I can't imagine a scenario where speaking out would be good for either them or their father. Look at how that turned out for LVD's sister and mother. They were pilloried. I would assume nothing about the Daybell family's silence other than maybe they're not wild about the idea of being publicly shamed and ridiculed for supporting their father in any way.
I wouldn’t speak out if it was me. Can you imagine the lashing they would receive? Especially the one who stuck her tongue out at investigators as they were searching. IMO.

He appears to be very into body building and what he looks like. White teeth is just part of it.

As I said, A tidbit to tuck away for future reference. Thanks for the additional body-building angle. All these things help me humanize the people involved in this case, the better to understand the dynamics between them all.

A couple things...
1. Lori still is a resident of Hawaii
2. It looks like we could all join the zoom meeting with the link and address .o_O

View attachment 255698

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR33-20-0302/Notice of Remote Hearing CR.pdf

I don't know the official rules for such things, but I'm not sure that her address on that cover page necessarily means that's her legal residence. I'd guess it was just what was on whatever ID she possessed when she was originally taken into custody. Maybe one of our attorneys can comment on this.

When you say "Lori hated places like that", what are you basing that on?

I don't think there was any ulterior motive in the Yellowstone trip. In fact, that's possibly the thing that scares me most about LVD's behavior. The sheer mundanity of this family outing, complete with photos, juxtaposed with the image of her coldly snuffing her daughter out later that evening. It's pure nightmare fuel to me.
It was clear camping was not her thing; she likes her mod cons. Plus, she'd rather go to the BYU oval to hold hands with Chad than go for a hike.
She liked to act out stuff she'd seen in fictional TV dramas and considers herself a reality TV star.
At Yellowstone, she'd be upstaged by grizzlies, elk, and butterflies. They'd remind her that she's mortal and a mere nothing in the universe. And she'd take note of a thousand male tourists less interested in bleached blondes than buffaloes. And she's the last thing from Old Faithful. Nope, not a Yellowstone woman.

I wonder if LVD and CD will receive visits from counsel on July 23 to take their “temperature”. Good time to see who, if either, flips.

“Lori Daybell pleads not guilty to misdemeanor charges, asks for bond reduction today, July 15 2020.”

Doomsday is one week from today.

Rexburg will wake up to a temperature of about 57 degrees.

Sunrise is 6:05 am, and the day will be mostly sunny with a high of 92 and a SSW wind speed of 11 mph.

Anything else we need to know?

It's always nice on doomsday. LOL

Last edited:
It was clear camping was not her thing; she likes her mod cons. Plus, she'd rather go to the BYU oval to hold hands with Chad than go for a hike.
She liked to act out stuff she'd seen in fictional TV dramas and considers herself a reality TV star.
At Yellowstone, she'd be upstaged by grizzlies, elk, and butterflies. They'd remind her that she's mortal and a mere nothing in the universe. And she'd take note of a thousand male tourists less interested in bleached blondes than buffaloes. And she's the last thing from Old Faithful. Nope, not a Yellowstone woman.

I dunno. Anybody can hack a day-trip drive-thru IMO. But I take your point.

Lori Vallow Daybell Remains 'Person of Interest' as New Detective Investigates Late Husband's Death

Detective Nathan Duncan took over from the previous detective, Nathan Moffatt, after Moffatt was promoted to sergeant in May, Sgt. Jason McClimans, a spokesperson for the Chandler Police Department, confirmed to Inside Edition Digital.

Lori remains a "person of interest" in the July 11, 2019 shooting death of her then-husband Charles, McClimans confirmed, and "the investigation is still open and ongoing" with "no change in status and no date of when it will be forwarded to the Maricopa County Attorney."

In addition to my previous post, I would like to add that every single person other than Lori who is named in that document would normally be considered a victim on WS....

also, bloggers, social media,etc people are not generally considered to be allowable sources such as MSM or Law enforcement.

The rules seem to have changed for some reason. I am definitely curious why.

I understand that these were legal documents and that could be why they are being allowed, BUT redactions should have come before the camera got turned on... just because you can do something doesn't mean you SHOULD... MOO.

We have no way to verify the source, either. How do we know these "documents" weren't obtained second or third hand?

And don't forget, "we don't like camping, Melanie."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member