Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if she got a bond reduction and it's still a sizable amount, who is there to arrange for that? Except for perhaps her mother or sister, the world around her has shrunk a lot.

Also, if a bond reduction is granted could this force the prosecution into showing their cards with the more serious charges we're all anticipating in order to keep her where she's at? I'm sure this was talked through when the state decided to dismiss the felony charges but it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
For the lower charges I actually think MM is technically correct for requesting a lower bond - by doing so, he is providing effective counsel. The £1million bond for the other conspiracy/concea charges remains. I would suspect that if there was a move to reduce bond on those charges, this may trigger the murder charges. IMO.

For the lower charges I actually think MM is technically correct for requesting a lower bond - by doing so, he is providing effective counsel. The £1million bond for the other conspiracy/concea charges remains. I would suspect that if there was a move to reduce bond on those charges, this may trigger the murder charges. IMO.

Yes things are in kind of a strange place right now with the serious charges withdrawn. But if counsel pushes ahead to try and get his client out, that may simply trigger the drop. So maybe best to leave it alone?

Makes total sense to me. But I’m still left with a question. I would think she’s asking for a reduction because she thinks she can meet it. Who in the heck is waiting in the wings to pay it?
My point is why go to the trouble to bond out on these charges when she still has 1 million bond on other charges? Would LE just rearrest her? She won't go to another jail?

I don’t think that is what I was expressing but I’m sorry that I offended you. I may indeed be a very poor student of humanity, as you have suggested here. If so, sure hope I’m being graded on a curve and there is make-up work!

One thing I do know, however, is that correlation is not causation. The fact that 32% of serial killers have endured abuse as children is not the same as saying that 32% of abused children become serial killers. Gob help us all if that were to be the case! And that was the essence of my point, which the article you linked does not contradict.

The second thing I know is that we don’t know any facts about LVD’s childhood that would prove abuse or mental illness in the family. Not saying there aren’t any. Just saying that having an opinion about her family based on observing from afar (and the fact that they rub us the wrong way) does not give any of us magical diagnostic powers.

If you have better facts than these, this student humbly sits at your feet awaiting enlightenment. Better facts and better data make for better ideas and outcomes IMO.

This makes sense to me. While killers--in general--may well have been abused as children, most children who are abused do not grow up to be killers.

LV is an enigma to me, and she may well suffer from one or more mental disorders. I would have to know whether she really believed her children had been turned to zombies--that their souls were trapped in limbo--and that the only way she could help them would be to kill their former bodies. To me, if she honestly believed that, insanity should be on the table as a defense. Because, that's clearly insane.

CD manipulated LV's mental weakness, imo, and he took advantage of her. Every time I watch CV talking to the officers I am reminded of how out of her mind LV really was.

But, either way, whether she killed the kids out of misguided cult-thought or whether she was just tired of them and wanted a new life, I think her crimes are deserving of the death penalty. Insane or not, innocent lives have been taken and I think justice must be served. JMOO.

Can't even imagine if a zoom bombing came through from a chan site or similar. As if this isn't already a circus

well, I’m not saying anyone should do it, but if they did, I’d hope that they were quiet like they were hunting rabbits, listened, and learned in silence...

This makes sense to me. While killers--in general--may well have been abused as children, most children who are abused do not grow up to be killers.

LV is an enigma to me, and she may well suffer from one or more mental disorders. I would have to know whether she really believed her children had been turned to zombies--that their souls were trapped in limbo--and that the only way she could help them would be to kill their former bodies. To me, if she honestly believed that, insanity should be on the table as a defense. Because, that's clearly insane.

CD manipulated LV's mental weakness, imo, and he took advantage of her. Every time I watch CV talking to the officers I am reminded of how out of her mind LV really was.

But, either way, whether she killed the kids out of misguided cult-thought or whether she was just tired of them and wanted a new life, I think her crimes are deserving of the death penalty. Insane or not, innocent lives have been taken and I think justice must be served. JMOO.

one thing the WTAF snippets have made clear is, Lori has been round the bend in respect of her spiritual life since at least 2007.

Maybe not the ‘zombies’, but she’s got a strong streak of spiritualism and always has.

I have been wondering about something else LV said to CV - something along the lines of "come get the kids". I understand her saying that about JJ, but kids, plural? So she is including Tylee who supposedly did not get along with CV? That makes no sense!

Bodycam video of Lori Vallow's late husband deepens mystery of missing Idaho children

maybe she knows Charles wouldn’t abandon Tylee in a crisis, even if Tylee was having a full-on temper tantrum.

I think you mean “drop” like a new record, right? Maybe it’s just me but “drop the charges”didn’t read right somehow :D

I read it as a "drop the mic" type moment... Adding new charges MOO.

The only thing that would add to the "drop the mic" moment were if it were to fall on a Friday afternoon. vs. Wednesday.

Last edited:
BBM

She waived extradition.

There is ZERO chance that this will return to HI

I suspect additional charges not only out of Idaho, but as well Arizona.
LE and the prosecutors have probably discussed all potential scenario's

Egads with all the jurisdictional stuff going on. This may be like the Golden State Killer case... but can't because it is multi-state for state charges?

Whoa Chad and Lori... that begs that you guys have now put in my mind your efforts to evade LE by confusing it all with so many jurisdictions to a serial killer such as the Golden State Killer.

I do believe more and more and more that they were savvy to such, therefore all the moves by ALL involved.

Looking up to our @Foxfire in heaven who always talked of perps using multijurisdictional lack of tying together it all to prevent LE from nailing them.

Please Foxfire, send down your blessings and look over this case. It's right up your ally.

MOO

How does LE handle all of these jurisdictions as they did with the Golden State Killer when many states? Feds? So glad the FBI is sitting there in Rexburg still.

At least I assume they are still there as @RexburgSleuth hasn't said they left yet.

Last edited:
Does anyone have access to NG podcasts? I just listened to one she interviewed CV's Atty who said LVD had a "near death experience" in Hawaii while they lived there. That is how/why she got so enthralled w/CD, PaP, AVOW, reading LDS NDE books over and over. I wanted to provide the link but I cannot get access on my laptop and can't seem to find it. I don't remember hearing this info in her 1st interview with this Atty but maybe this was a replay? So sorry I can't provide more info but either I didn't pay attention before or this is a new podcast w/CV's Atty. Can anyone help?

How does "professionals" with a Youtube channel make them not Youtubers?

It probably doesn’t matter if they are some kind of professionals with a YouTube channel or they are YouTube’ers who are professionals. You correctly point out they are one in the same. My only reason for asking is they insinuated their professional standing somehow entered into obtaining the documents which I contend is false. They’ve not chosen to address it but I have nothing bad to say about them. I just disagree with the inference that being a professional of any kind impacted the possession of these documents. A one eyed zombie could go to the courthouse and get publicly recorded documents. There is nothing earth shattering about doing so.

Well, we did have one other poster who claimed to have helped prepare the documents and knew the approximate cost to obtain them from the state of TX, but they were loath to give more details due to not wanting to identify themselves.

The documents looks legit to me. I’ve seen thousands of recorded documents and they appear to be authentic stamps. I know they could be photoshopped but they look legitimate. They really don’t need to provide any further details and surely don’t need to reveal their identity. The only thing that raised my eyebrows is they watermarked. The courthouse doesn’t watermark anything you physically obtain in my state but they do watermark online viewable documents. Lots of probate records like deeds, mortgages, plats, etc are available online but watermarked. You have to pay their fee to obtain the clean ones.

My point is why go to the trouble to bond out on these charges when she still has 1 million bond on other charges? Would LE just rearrest her? She won't go to another jail?

I don't think it works that way (but I could be wrong). I think she'd have to bond out on all charges before she could be released.

LE has had access to these court files and already used them. For instance, in arguing against lower bail, prosecutor RW argued Lori was a flight risk and had been uncooperative and insubordinate in past court cases.

Rob Wood did not use these old family court/custody case files you're referring to. They've not been brought up, which (in addition to the privacy aspect and lack of redaction) is why some folks here are voicing concerns that digging them up and releasing/discussing them here runs afoul of the spirit of being victim-friendly. Rob Wood's argument against bail reduction in March was based on LVD's evasive and uncooperative behavior within the scope of the disappearance of JJ and Tylee.

WATCH: Judge reduces Lori Vallow Daybell's bail amount to $1 million | East Idaho News

Last edited:
Does anyone have access to NG podcasts? I just listened to one she interviewed CV's Atty who said LVD had a "near death experience" in Hawaii while they lived there. That is how/why she got so enthralled w/CD, PaP, AVOW, reading LDS NDE books over and over. I wanted to provide the link but I cannot get access on my laptop and can't seem to find it. I don't remember hearing this info in her 1st interview with this Atty but maybe this was a replay? So sorry I can't provide more info but either I didn't pay attention before or this is a new podcast w/CV's Atty. Can anyone help?

I heard it, too @wenwe4 a couple of days ago. Now when I googled for it, it said the video had been taken down due to copyright restrictions. But I agree, I do not remember hearing about any other NDEs that LV supposedly claimed to have had before this account.

I think that if true NDEs were experienced by either CD or LVD that there would be a medical record of the occurrence.

More accurately what I think they both are describing, if anything happened, was an out of body experience. If not, I would be interested in finding out what trauma nearly killed Lori in Hawaii to where she lie dead on the table and extraordinary measures were taken to regain her breathing and heart beat.

Agree.

The initial bond was at 5 million.
A judge in the state of Hawaii as well set the bond at 5 million and reconfirmed that amount at a subsequent hearing.
These documents probably formed part of the Court records.

The post you're referring to is making reference to the 17 year custody documents from Texas. Not anything from Hawaii.

To continue from my previous reply, I do think they are both lying about any NDE or out of body experience - though there are techniques that can be used to experience something like an OBE through "trance posturing."

Chad might really have some old head injury trauma, concussion type injuries, that could facilitate some of the visions he talks about, if he isn't totally lying about his experiences. We are finding out more and more about old head injuries causing brain deterioration as time goes by - i. e. football playing.

I tend to think that maybe CV had the order reversed, that LV was already reading CD's books and then claimed that she also had an NDE so that she could talk to him about it - maybe get a book going similar to JR, with whom the whole idea of NDEs originated with.

I really don't have much doubt though, that it is fairly likely that LV did and does have hallucinations (auditory or visual) or very vivid dreams that could be related to schizophrenia. JMO

Yes things are in kind of a strange place right now with the serious charges withdrawn. But if counsel pushes ahead to try and get his client out, that may simply trigger the drop. So maybe best to leave it alone?

There are still 2 serious felony charges and another $1M bail keeping her in jail in the Fremont County case. Even if she gets reduced bail in the Madison County case, she still has the other (felony) case to contend with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee