Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Lum @jlumfox10 38m

Replying to @jlumfox10
DECISION: Judge Eddins rules that Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow’s preliminary hearings in high profile case will be broadcast/live streamed to the public and hearings will be in person. 1 media outlet for video, 1 outlet for photo. #fox10phoenix

Rob Wood motion’s to reconsider is denied.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 47m

“The defendant has a right to a fair public trial.” - John Prior

[URL='https://twitter.com/jlumfox10']Justin Lum
@jlumfox10 53m[/URL]
Replying to @jlumfox10
Attorney John Prior (Rep for Daybell) & attorney Mark Means (Rep for Vallow) both agree public should be allowed to see the prelims.

HEARING: Via zoom, the attorneys for Lori Vallow & Chad Daybell. Prosecutor Rob Wood motioned for court to not allow the defendants’ prelim hearings to be broadcasted. Also, an attorney for several news outlets arguing the hearings should be broadcasted. #fox10phoenix

hahaha, gotta see this to believe it -

36mins14secs:

MM: "given the media coverage of this case already the public's right outweighs the potential argument of fairness for the defendants in this case."

RW's eyes almost pop out of his head.

I thought CD was looking a bit sick at the prospect of his preliminary hearing.

36mins14secs:

MM: "given the media coverage of this case already the public's right outweighs the potential argument of fairness for the defendants in this case."

He shakes his head in disbelief lol.

36mins14secs:

Thanks for catching that - I missed it and it was epic (IMO).
as noted by @CSIDreamer "he shakes his head in disbelief". I was thinking RW must have said to himself "Really, who's side are you on MM?" What do you guys think was going though RW's head at the moment?

36mins14secs:

tortoise! ha!
so glad you caught that moment.

wow as if we didn't know MM was in over his head already:D

moo

Thanks for catching that - I missed it and it was epic (IMO).
as noted by @CSIDreamer "he shakes his head in disbelief". I was thinking RW must have said to himself "Really, who's side are you on MM?" What do you guys think was going though RW's head at the moment?
Honestly I think if he had been able to get his volume turned back on before the judge had started his ruling I think he would have wanted to make a record of how that statement shows he is not acting to bar standards, quite frankly. It's quite perverse to say the public's rights stand in front of his client's. IMO.

He shakes his head in disbelief lol.

I can't tell if MM realizes that RW is doing important parts of his job for him. It's obvious RW is very much aware. And everytime RW strokes his beard, it seems like he is thinking "when is the real defense attorney gonna show up? Will the real defense attorney please stand up?" (And yes, the last line is sung by eminem)

Moo.

Maybe someone will know the answer to this:

Lori privately hired MM, so if by some chance he is doing this pro bono once whatever money she did have is gone, will he be allowed to continue as her council even if he is in over his head? Is the judge or anyone required to speak up and advise MM that he should bring in additional (experienced) attorneys or is this just allowed to continue?

Maybe someone will know the answer to this:

Lori privately hired MM, so if by some chance he is doing this pro bono once whatever money she did have is gone, will he be allowed to continue as her council even if he is in over his head? Is the judge or anyone required to speak up and advise MM that he should bring in additional (experienced) attorneys or is this just allowed to continue?

Quoting myself to clarify: is he allowed to continue when/if this becomes a death penalty case?

Replying to @jlumfox10
DECISION: Judge Eddins rules that Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow’s preliminary hearings in high profile case will be broadcast/live streamed to the public and hearings will be in person. 1 media outlet for video, 1 outlet for photo. #fox10phoenix

FANTASTIC outcome, this is what i said in the youtube chat the other day would be a great option as its been used before for cases like this

the world needs to see these monsters and witness them in court for their crimes

BTW Hi Emi :)

36mins14secs:

I could not believe my ears!!!!!!!

Imo....LVD did not appear because her physical appearance changed. No hair color, no hair trim, no perm, lack of makeup. This may be allowed at trial. To some females the lack of above is a big deal.
Also she may not have wanted to see husband #5.

Chad is there as it is one way out of a cell for awhile. He appears to be more engaged with his defense.

I kept wondering why the prosecutor filed this motion. Possibly so the defense cannot say media is interfering with selection of a jury for their clients. The prosecutor gave the defense a chance....now he basically is saying do not ask for a change of venue on this issue. I gave you a chance and you did not want it.

all mooo
I think Ron Wood is brilliant like a fox. He just solved a whole bunch of future problems lol. Master level lawyering there. MOO

I agree with tricia.

she's mad!!!!
only power she has left. ..a no show.....

where it becomes grey area.....is she telling Chad something very important ?
or does she not want anyone (specifically chad)to see that hideous regrowth.

the depth of that woman...hard to tello_O

moo

Quoting myself to clarify: is he allowed to continue when/if this becomes a death penalty case?

From what I've seen here, as long as she has private council (regardless of how/if they're getting paid), the requirements essentially go out the window. Should she require a public defendant, that person would have to me "x" requirements

Loyal to Nate :p and waiting for EIN YouTube to go live! I'll do an ETA to this post when he goes live.

If only the whole world did Eastern time zone, it would make it easier! :rolleyes::D

ETA: EIN Facebook is cued up and on hold.. 1,100 waiting on Nate

Just watched this and I'm in the Scott Reisch boat. I think this is just a process RW has to go through to assure there's not issues on the backend (which he stated before they said they couldn't hear him). I think this was a calculated measure that they knew the state would lose. It's all about keeping the record clean and avoiding issues in regards to appeal. I saw today as a PA showing up to a hearing (supporting the defense) he didn't think he'd win while watching MM, JP and a dude that just found out about this case, arguing for something (in my opinion) wasn't changing nor do I think RW thought they would either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61