Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CD is really a cipher to me. unlike LV(D) he does not have a closet full of exes and all his children were born of TD (as far as we know). He was an author; not a "doer." it almost seems as if LV(D) ran with his theories and he was dragged along in the undertow... I wonder if he understands himself what he did and what happened. IMO.

His sci-fi Mormon spin off prophecies and fantasy demanded sacrifice to maintain strength.
Now in the real world he is just a disgusting killer.

MOO In court he is taking notes and soaking up the atmosphere to write a matyr series. MOO Prior has him convinced he will get off with a light sentence.

I don't know but I would think a divorce might help him if that were the case.

He still loved her so much on the day they unearthed the children's remains behind his house and didn't sound at all curious as to what this huge operation was about, or what they might be digging for.

The narrative I've picked up on so far is that -

He knew Alex better than he knew Lori - to account for Alex's cell phone pings at his house, why Chad was at the apartments so much, what he said to the officers.
MG is lying about them having an affair.
Alex didn't kill the children or come over to bury them - he loved JJ.
MG didn't like the children.
Anything DW heard about zombies was related to Chad's fiction writing because DW is hard of hearing.

Goodness knows what he will come up with for the burials - they were buried when Chad wasn't there - maybe when he was in Hawaii - perhaps DW buried them for MG when the neighbors saw the first bonfires?

All complete speculation of course

This is why it will have to be a passive defence.

Just hint at stuff and speculate - because it won't be possible to offer any coherent version that can cover all his evidential exposure

I have a theory about this and I don't think it will be popular.

I do not think that Chad knew of any plan to kill Tylee. I suspect that either Alex or Lori turned up with Tylees body and he was in too deep to refuse. At that time, IMO, Tammy was Chads 'safe place' and IMO the text he sent Tammy was so out of the ordinary, it conveys his shock at what had happened. He needed to touch base with something real, to make sense of it (or not).

If you think about it logically, there was no reason to text Tammy at all. Chad didn't need to text her about the Racoon, nor burning the tree limbs and by the account of the FBI agent, this text and the content of it, was out of the ordinary. If Chad was normally Mr Chatty via text, then there would be similar text content on the phone.

What I don't understand, is the need to burn Tylee. I wonder who thought of that?
Interesting points. Remember when Prior tried to make the point that a device’s location or content isn’t necessarily proof of it’s owners actions? Implication being someone else could have had that device instead of the owner.

I think Prior will say that the text from Chad’s phone wasn’t sent by Chad at all, but by someone who had access to his phone. He might even use the FBI agent’s statement to support that theory—it was unlike any other text Chad had sent to Tammy because it wasn’t Chad who sent it. Defense may argue burying the kids in Chad’s backyard and sending the raccoon text were calculated actions to frame Chad. Motive for framing could be to make sure Chad kept his end of “the deal” (whatever that might have been) or just to ensure the kid’s murders could be pinned on somebody else if necessary.

There’s no doubt in my mind Defense is planning to throw Lori under a fleet of buses. And she will be kicking and screaming! IMO Chad is pretty dumb, but Lori is not. Once she watches the prelim footage she is going to be well aware that Chad is cutting bait. And she is going to come out foaming at the mouth w/both barrels blazing. We know what she’s like when she’s angry and she is going to be livid! If Chad had any involvement in Tammy’s death I think Lori will happily serve him to LE on a silver platter. Even if he didn’t Lori may well say he did anyway. I doubt Lori can get any kind of a plea deal for the kid’s deaths, but I wouldn’t be surprised if DA gave her full immunity re Tammy’s death in exchange for her testimony. If Chad’s not shaking in his boots right now he really is an idiot.

MOO

I took it to mean that as well but I don’t buy it for a minute. She really sounded offended, didn’t she. IMO Lori doesn’t want anyone to know that she lusted after Chad and satisfied that lust outside of marriage.
<snipped for focus>

I know this isn’t really germaine to the case but from the beginning I have wondered what any woman could possibly see in Chad Daybell, let alone lust after him. That is all. We return now to our regularly scheduled sleuthing.

Interesting points. Remember when Prior tried to make the point that a device’s location or content isn’t necessarily proof of it’s owners actions? Implication being someone else could have had that device instead of the owner.

<snipped just to save money>

If Chad’s not shaking in his boots right now he really is an idiot.

MOO

This is pretty brilliant. All of your surmises strike me as very plausible. I wondered about that statement by Prior and what it implied, because he never crossed that T. And I can totally see Lori behaving as you say, unless they sedate her. Can they do that?

Why did the kids have to die?
Because they were in the way of Lori and Chad's plans (Lori's own words to MG about JJ) and because Lori wanted to spend their SS money (and possibly Tylee's inheritance) on herself. After missing out on Charles' life insurance payout she had no other income. It seems like getting a job wasn't an option for her. She killed Charles and the kids to be with Chad AND for money.

This is pretty brilliant. All of your surmises strike me as very plausible. I wondered about that statement by Prior and what it implied, because he never crossed that T. And I can totally see Lori behaving as you say, unless they sedate her. Can they do that?

It's just defence counsel throwing mud at the wall.

Of course the device's location and content is proof or more accurately circumstantial evidence of where the owner was.

That is because a court is entitled to make reasonable and logical inferences from the web of circumstantial evidence.

So if the phone was on Chad's property, and sent a message to Chad's wife, it is logical to infer Chad was using it. The evidential burden would be on the defence to provide some evidential foundation that someone else had the phone.

I think Prior will say that the text from Chad’s phone wasn’t sent by Chad at all, but by someone who had access to his phone. He might even use the FBI agent’s statement to support that theory—it was unlike any other text Chad had sent to Tammy because it wasn’t Chad who sent it.

The problem with this idea is that Prior can't give evidence himself via wild speculation - as much as defence counsel like to do that sort of thing.

The defence would need to introduce into evidence some foundation for the idea that AC had the phone. But how do you do that?

Hence why we see Prior indulge in some wild speculation/innuendo, without presenting any evidence

In Melanie's recorded conversation, Melanie brings up Lori being with Chad "before he was even divorced". Lori replies that she was never "with" him, and he was never divorced.

In Melanie's interview, she states that she had asked Lori "why don't you two just get divorces?" and Lori replies that they could not be divorced. It would take away from their exaltation.

ETA: I took this to mean no sex outside of marriage. Sex outside of marriage is a reason for losing a temple recommend. Being allowed in the temple was important.
Lori was lying about everything else, so it's not difficult to imagine that not sleeping with Chad before their marriage was a lie, too. IMO she'd say anything that could paint her in a better light.

Could you please link me to where that's reported? I'm curious to read more on that exchange.
It was in Nate Eaton's interview (51 minutes in):

She goes, "Well, I need to, you know, it's time for JJ to..." I don't know how she worded it, but it was something to the effect "It's time for...", uh, "He's in the way of our mission, so we need to send him to Kay's house..."

I know this isn’t really germaine to the case but from the beginning I have wondered what any woman could possibly see in Chad Daybell, let alone lust after him. That is all. We return now to our regularly scheduled sleuthing.
He is a famous author in his circles. Giving readings in select livingrooms.

I was thinking that for Chad, it was all about exaltation in the Celestial World. I mentioned earlier today that if true that he thought he could not be divorced, he certainly would not think he could murder his wife and maintain his exaltation.
It was all about the appearances. Divorce would be public but murder would stay secret. There was also a strong financial motive for murder.
Don't get me wrong. I think they have him hook, line, and sinker on the conspiracy to conceal. Just not sure about actually masterminding, committing or ordering anyone's murder.
IMO Chad preyed on the gullible. MG said that Lori received most of reveations (read directions) from Chad, as he was the visionary.
It just seems to me that it would be dumb to tell people he saw Tammy dying young and then murder her, if he was that smart at hiding his true intentions.
He didn't think any of those people would have proof that he caused Tammy's death. He never predicted her murder but saw her die in car accidents, etc.

Wasn’t there something filed a couple of months ago saying the state’s attorney/prosecutor’s office would be assisting in the prosecution of Lori (and possibly Chad). If that’s the case is it possible Woods will be replaced after the preliminary hearing just as Judge Eddins was?

I’m going to miss Eddins. Wood, not so much. I don’t think he did a bad job per se, but he lacks charisma. And a charismatic presence is a huge plus if jurors are going to be watching you day in and day out for weeks.

That said, it’s possible Woods viewed the preliminary hearing as an actor would a “table read” and didn’t want to demonstrate his presence before necessary. Perhaps a whole different Woods will show up when it’s not rehearsal. If he remains as the first chair prosecutor I sure hope so!
The state AG got involved in Tammy's case, not the children's:

Prosecutors in Tammy Daybell case asked others for help before Idaho AG

It's just defence counsel throwing mud at the wall.

Absolutely, but If he goes for that in a murder trial, it will be fascinating to watch the contortions.

As to the other business, of Lori pulling all her roots out to get at Chad, yeah, I can see that. It will be her counsel’s most difficult job to tone her down while still going with the flow.

I can only say what neighbors reported and that was that the family had never had fires before. I think she would have been suspicious, hence the raccoon text.
I believe the neighbour reported that they didn't see lots of big fires in the past, like they had recently.

Price said the first time he noticed a large fire on the property was soon after Chad's wife, Tammy Daybell, died at the home in October 2019.

'We had never noticed a lot of big fires, as far as the Daybells having big fires like that,' he said.

'They had a big bonfire in the fall... not long after Tammy had died... It was 10 feet high, pretty wide, pretty big.'

Other neighbors noticed the blazes as well, but Price believes he was the only one to notify police about them.

Neighbor tipped off cops about 'large bonfires' on Chad Daybell's property where kids where buried | Daily Mail Online

Snipped for focus...
Is it even possible to conceal the fire pit from onlookers with a pickup truck? And if you park it parallel to the fence (which presumably you'd have to do to create any kind of privacy), then you're pulling out a body in full view.
And you have a whole human body on top of the fire. In full view of the neighbors, if not the road...
Looks like LE were disappointed that the neighbours were not more helpful.
Neighbor tipped off cops about 'large bonfires' on Chad Daybell's property where kids where buried | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member